PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner won us a game...

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
"Anything is poooossssiiibbbllleeeeeeeeeee"

- KG

tdunk21
01-12-2011, 10:18 PM
:toast:

spurspokesman
01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
No. Malik the commentator lost a game for the bucks. He fueled the red rocket:lol

EricB
01-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Actually played pretty damn good rotation defense too.

yavozerb
01-12-2011, 10:20 PM
"Anything is poooossssiiibbbllleeeeeeeeeee"

- KG

Hate to break it to you, but bonner has won a mutiple games this season with his offense..

Cry Havoc
1 rebound.

Game might not have needed his 3 point heroics if he could box out and get us a few more possessions against the Bucks.

jjktkk
Oustanding!!!! I need to pm tjastal to give him the good news!

Mugen
01-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Well, manu won us a game. But Bonner was not too shabby at all.

CFH
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v117/Disturbed4Life/MattBonnerCHODESBLOADED.jpg

frodo
01-12-2011, 10:22 PM
bucks won you the game by missing so many easy shots

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:24 PM
Hate to break it to you, but bonner has won a mutiple games this season with his offense..

No

EricB
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
1 rebound.

Game might not have needed his 3 point heroics if he could box out and get us a few more possessions against the Bucks.

:lol

Unreal.

ajballer4
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
His post-game interview was freaking hilarious

Sean Cagney
01-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Now some will point out this game to how he is good and needs more mins or is not hurting us until the playoffs begin and.......... Repeat next year. Good game for him tonight no doubt, still not a huge fan nor thing he is an answer here at all (He is situational thats all he should be). He gets too many mins, but tonight I see he got hot and it worked.

Brazil
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Props to the red rocket good game

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 10:28 PM
Retarded. Bonner has been having a fantastic year. Wouldn't have this record without him.

yavozerb
01-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Retarded. Bonner has been having a fantastic year. Wouldn't have this record without him.

:toast

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM
He gets credit for this game from me... I thought tonight his offense clearly outdid all the crapola he plays on defense.
I don't expect this too often though :lol
But props, he did it tonight

Mugen
01-12-2011, 10:30 PM

Bonner was great tonight. But i'm pretty sure we'd have the same record without him.

I remember the Spurs being undefeated while he was out. Let's not overvalue his worth.

Props tho red rocket.

Frenzy
01-12-2011, 10:31 PM
Lmao @ Matt waving to the camera like he never gets interviewed.

Cry Havoc
01-12-2011, 10:31 PM

Unreal.

He's playing great, I just wish he would box someone out once in a while.

If he keeps this shooting up in the playoffs you won't hear any complaints from me. Until then I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic at best.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Bonner was great tonight. But i'm pretty sure we'd have the same record without him.

I remember the Spurs being undefeated while he was out. Let's not overvalue his worth.

Props tho red rocket.

He's been the best big on this team besides Duncan. Hands down.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM

No way. Dice >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Matt... I mean, it's not close.
Blair has sucked more than Matty though.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 10:34 PM

Only if you're looking at shooting. bonner is a great role player and fills a big need for this team.

but if you think he's more important than Dice to this team than you're insane.

Borosai
01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Matt Boomer!

DMC
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Bonner did a good job tonight. Manu was the beast though. I think Bonner's fake and drive to the rim is designed to give him space at the 3. Otherwise teams know he's going to give it up if they run out on him. If they know he can go around them and score, how do you guard that without help defense? The help comes off of Tim or Dice, and that leaves them open for the dunk.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Only if you're looking at shooting. bonner is a great role player and fills a big need for this team.

but if you think he's more important than Dice to this team than you're insane.

Have never said that. We all know what Dice is capable of come playoff time.

Bonner has been the best big man outside of Duncan up to this point this season and I am not talking about just his shooting. His team defense has been second to none this year and his individual positional defense is better than it has been in the past. He is crashing the boards harder this season and has done a great job on both ends of the floor. Hating on him becomes ridiculous tbh. He is having a career year.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 10:39 PM

Bonner has been the best big man outside of Duncan up to this point this season and I am not talking about just his shooting. His team defense has been second to none this year and his individual positional defense is better than it has been in the past. He is crashing the boards harder this season and has done a great job on both ends of the floor. Hating on him becomes ridiculous tbh. He is having a career year.

And we've seen what Bonner has been capable of the last couple of years.

i don't hate on him. i just hate when his coach overplays him.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 10:41 PM
And we've seen what Bonner has been capable of the last couple of years.

i don't hate on h

Ok.

Bonner has been the best big man outside of Tim Duncan so far this season. We are 33-6. Never said anything about anything else.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Ok.

Bonner has been the best big man outside of Tim Duncan so far this season. We are 33-6. Never said anything about anything else.

i'll even take it one step further and say Matt Bonner has been the best 3pt shooting big man so far this year.

And i sincerely hope that he makes me totally eat shit in the playoffs because i know he'll be getting major minutes.

Danny.Zhu
01-12-2011, 10:44 PM
Jennings' injury won us the game...

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Bonner has been the best big man outside of Duncan up to this point this season and I am not talking about just his shooting. His team defense has been second to none this year and his individual positional defense is better than it has been in the past. He is crashing the boards harder this season and has done a great job on both ends of the floor.

Now you're just trolling... :lol

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Dice is simply the better defender, rebounder, pick and roll player, finisher and more physical player... And he's arguably well into his decline.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
Never said Bonner was a better player or a more important player to us. On the other hand, Bonner has been our 2nd best big up to this point this season.

All im sayin'. I know what Dice is capable of come playoff time.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Never said Bonner was a better player or a more important player to us. On the other hand, Bonner has been our 2nd best big up to this point this season.

Dice is better than Bonner right now. It's not even close. During the playoffs, it's not even a contest.

I don't know what games you're watching. Pop couldn't even dare to have Bonner guard guys like Bogut, something Dice does right now.

Not to mention that Matty is playing 5 more minutes per game than last season and basically putting the same numbers. I don't really know what you mean with "he's crashing the boards"?? He's breaking them? He isn't getting any more rebounds or boxing out anybody out there (and by anybody I mean guys like Illasova).

I'll take whatever he gives us on offense. Tonight I thought he finally produced more than what he gave away. But this is a first this season, IMO.
If Dice had younger legs, there's no way Matt plays the minutes he plays now.

200 miles
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
Matt Bonner: 2010-11 NBA MVP :king

ElNono
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
Because people don't make threads when Kevin Love has career nights against us, but we win, doesn't mean that Matty didn't drop a turd out there.

200 miles
01-12-2011, 10:59 PM
I don't want to jinx anything, but the possibility of Bonner getting his jersey retired in the future is looking very good. :king

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-12-2011, 11:00 PM
:toast

yavozerb
01-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Dice is better than Bonner right now. It's not even close. During the playoffs, it's not even a contest.

I don't know what games you're watching. Pop couldn't even dare to have Bonner guard guys like Bogut, something Dice does right now.

Not to mention that Matty is playing 5 more minutes per game than last season and basically putting the same numbers. I don't really know what you mean with "he's crashing the boards"?? He's breaking them? He isn't getting any more rebounds or boxing out anybody out there (and by anybody I mean guys like Illasova).

I'll take whatever he gives us on offense. Tonight I thought he finally produced more than what he gave away. But this is a first this season, IMO.

your kidding right? Bonner has been lights out most of the season with his shooting and an average defender for most of the season as well. Not even sure why I explain this to you cause you will bring the playoffs or simply go with your hate for bonner. Didnt see you post the other night (t-wolves) when bonner led the spurs with 9 rebounds either.

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 11:04 PM

Once again so you can comprehend. I never said Bonner was a better player or talent than Mcdyess.

Bonner has played a bigger role and has played better for us so far this season up to this point. If you argue that it's obvious you are just a hater. He has by far been our best overall big man outside of Duncan so far this season. Not saying he is a better play than Dice.

When I say crashing the boards, I mean I'm seeing him get into the paint and into the mix a lot more than I remember him doing. He is putting a body on someone and trying to get a rebound (crashing the boards) a lot harder. Obviously his rebounding #'s are about the same as they have always been but that effort alone causes a lot more 50/50 balls and team rebounds which the Spurs seem to get a lot of.

Dr. Gonzo
01-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Splitter > Bonner

200 miles
01-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Splitter > Bonner

Blasphemy!

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:08 PM
your kidding right? Bonner has been lights out most of the season with his shooting and an average defender for most of the season as well. Not even sure why I explain this to you cause you will bring the playoffs or simply go with your hate for bonner. Didnt see you post the other night (t-wolves) when bonner led the spurs with 9 rebounds either.

His defense is at best average, and he's not even guarding the best big on the other team.
And did you make a post about how many boards Love, the guy he guarded, had?
Matt Bonner is a 4 rebounds per game guy (incredibly subpar for his size and the minutes he gets). If you get anything else, it's the exception, not the norm.

EricB
01-12-2011, 11:10 PM
His defense is at best average, and he's not even guarding the best big on the other team.
And did you make a post about how many boards Love, the guy he guarded, had?
Matt Bonner is a 4 rebounds per game guy (incredibly subpar for his size and the minutes he gets). If you get anything else, it's the exception, not the norm.

So he gets 9 rebounds its no good cause the other guy had more?

I see.

The goal posts move more than a pop a shot game.

DocDoc
01-12-2011, 11:11 PM

Bonner's only real weakness is that his vertical is about the same as Parker's.

Makes his defense worse than if should be because, even if he is in position (which he usually is), his lack of vertical lets people shoot over him.

DMC
I don't want to jinx anything, but the possibility of Bonner getting his jersey retired in the future is looking very good. :king
His number, or do you mean the jersey he personally owns, as in they are going to can his ass? LOL

Mugen
i'm glad Matt is giving maximum effort even though opposing players are still routinely lighting him up on the defensive end.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:12 PM
Once again so you can comprehend. I never said Bonner was a better player or talent than Mcdyess.

If you're telling me that Duncan is the best big on this team, and that Bonner is the second, then you're telling me that Matty has been better than Dice this season. That's simply baloney.

Bonner has played a bigger role and has played better for us so far this season up to this point. If you argue that it's obvious you are just a hater. He has by far been our best overall big man outside of Duncan so far this season. Not saying he is a better play than Dice.

No way. I guess I'm a hater.

When I say crashing the boards, I mean I'm seeing him get into the paint and into the mix a lot more than I remember him doing. He is putting a body on someone and trying to get a rebound (crashing the boards) a lot harder. Obviously his rebounding #'s are about the same as they have always been but that effort alone causes a lot more 50/50 balls and team rebounds which the Spurs seem to get a lot of.

I watch the same games and I see him fumbling balls and getting outrebounded by guards because he forgot to box out. Basically, the same as always (which coincidentally is reflected on the numbers).
I guess we get different broadcasts.

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:13 PM
i'm glad Matt is giving maximum effort even though opposing players are still routinely lighting him up on the defensive end.

Red herrings aside, plenty of opponents have been lighting up all of the Spurs at the defensive end. That's why the scores are higher this year than in recent years past.

So here...

<((((((><

Here's your red herring back.

awktalk
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM
5 turnovers won us a game...

Spurs are 27-0 this season when their FG% is higher than their opponents.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:14 PM

That's not debatable. There's no questioning his drive and work rate.
He's just a limited player when it comes to defense.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 11:17 PM
That's not debatable. There's no questioning his drive and work rate.
He's just a limited player when it comes to defense.

my point exactly. he's a role player with an EXTREMELY limited skillset.

it's not his fault that his coach keeps trying to turn him into Robert Horry.

200 miles
01-12-2011, 11:18 PM
His number, or do you mean the jersey he personally owns, as in they are going to can his ass? LOL

I meant his number and then enshrine the jersey of his very last game at the AT&T Center concourse. :king

DesignatedT
01-12-2011, 11:20 PM
If you're telling me that Duncan is the best big on this team, and that Bonner is the second, then you're telling me that Matty has been better than Dice this season. That's simply baloney.

Exactly what I am saying. It took you 5 times to figure it out. Bonner has been our 2nd best big man SO FAR this season.

No way. I guess I'm a hater.

We know.

I watch the same games and I see him fumbling balls and getting outrebounded by guards because he forgot to box out. Basically, the same as always (which coincidentally is reflected on the numbers).
I guess we get different broadcasts.

It's obvious Matt has put in work and effort into being a better defensive player and definitely a more conscious effort in hitting the glass.(Is he still an average defender? yes.) I'll call it blind hate with you. You just don't want to see it.

Fabbs
01-12-2011, 11:22 PM

Props tho red rocket.
:lol good one.
5-1 when the Bonbon was out.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
So he gets 9 rebounds its no good cause the other guy had more?

No. He was asking why I didn't say anything when he got 9 boards the other day. I didn't say anything because he got outscored and outrebounded by his matchup, which is par for the course for him.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 11:24 PM
:lol good one.
5-1 when the Bonbon was out.

lol fuckin New Orleans.

Bonner would have certainly done an average job of defending David West once again leading us to victory.

Mugen
01-12-2011, 11:27 PM
this is what you get for starting a Bonner props thread, ElNono.

Fabbs
01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
lol fuckin New Orleans.

Bonner would have certainly done an average job of defending David West once again leading us to victory.
I meant to add how Bonbon would have shut down West (In TParkles mind).

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Exactly what I am saying. It took you 5 times to figure it out. Bonner has been our 2nd best big man SO FAR this season.

I figured you out the first time. I just thought you were kidding/trolling.
I can't take you seriously when you say something like that.

It's obvious Matt has put in work and effort into being a better defensive player and definitely a more conscious effort in hitting the glass.(Is he still an average defender? yes.) I'll call it blind hate with you. You just don't want to see it.

A lot of players put work and effort. That doesn't automatically make you a different/better player.

I don't hate Matty, BTW. I already had this back and forth with other people even in previous seasons (hello Mel!), and just like you, they thought I was hating, but I don't see that at all.

I simply understand that he's a very limited player and accept him like that. He's a hard working kid, not doubt.

ElNono
01-12-2011, 11:31 PM
this is what you get for starting a Bonner props thread, ElNono.

It's fine. Matty deserved it tonight.
It reminded me of his game against Boston last season.

200 miles
01-12-2011, 11:33 PM
With the emergence of Bonner, I just don't know how the Spurs got six losses.
Maybe stupid Pop didn't play him enough.

King Bonner! :king

Spur|n|Austin
01-13-2011, 12:52 AM
His post-game interview was freaking hilarious

Malik saying he ran down the court "gingerly" and not even knowing the pun, haha great stuff. Matt got it though.

ChuckD
01-13-2011, 01:25 AM

Yeah, I was thinking that what he did tonight wasn't much different from last night.

1/11 16 pts 5-11 FGS 3-7 3GS 4rebs
1/12 17 pts 7-12 FGS 3-5 3GS 1 reb

crc21209
01-13-2011, 01:44 AM
Bonner was straight up ballin' tonight and even defending pretty well out there too. Props to him...:tu Now keep it up for the rest of the year....

Sean Cagney
01-13-2011, 03:59 AM

This is pops thinking, this is why we will lose playoff time with him getting tons of mins and missing shots then.... He won't keep it up, come on man you know it! If he does I will cry! :lol
Bonner was straight up ballin' tonight and even defending pretty well out there too. Props to him...:tu Now keep it up for the rest of the year....

Come on, he won't later in the year and you know it! He will fade again, he will get minss still but suck when it really counts it's been proven. He is a spot player, he got mins tonight and he does this from time to time but sometimes he is just horrible on O and D.

DesignatedT
01-13-2011, 04:02 AM

This is pops thinking, this is why we will lose playoff time with him getting tons of mins and missing shots then.... He won't keep it up, come on man you know it! If he does I will cry! :lol

Whether he keeps it up or not is a different question but for right now that's the case. We're not even half way through the season so plenty of time for him to falter.. if that ends up being the case.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2011, 04:07 AM
Bonner's done this quite a few times before. People are very selective in their memory of his success. He's a guy who'll give you a double-figure scoring game out of every 4 or 5 games.

The next step for the Red Rocket is to come up big in some playoff games, and to show some consistent shooting and effort in the playoffs. To me, he looks a more confident player this year than last, and he's sure to play in the playoffs, so I'm really hoping he can hit some big shots, make some nice hustle plays, and give a big :flipoff to all the Spurs fans who hate him.

angelbelow
01-13-2011, 05:35 AM
Didn't catch tonight's game but here are some thoughts. Bonner's has been relatively consistent all season. He plays the 2nd most minutes out of our big men so in a sense - he better be fucking be playing well. He's definitely shot the ball well and contributed to quite a few of our victories. It's great that Bonner is playing so well and it shows in our record. But... many are concerned with defense and fluke wins... I don't disagree with that notion. Bonner playing the 2nd most minutes out of all our bigs and are defense being shaky share a common ground.

Spurs Brazil
01-13-2011, 11:30 AM
The great thing about Bonner yesterday is He played a great 2nd half after playing horrible in the 1st.
And Dice is playing a very solid season. His J isn’t falling the last 3 or 4 games but his D and rebound has been outstanding the whole season

DMC
01-13-2011, 05:46 PM
I'm pretty sure occasional regular season outbursts do not equate to retired jerseys. Maybe in Toronto and Dallas though... or Phoenix.

DMC
01-13-2011, 05:49 PM
Malik said about Bonner after a three make "That's all he can do... I mean, he's working on other things, but that's all he can do is shoot the three". (paraphrasing)

boutons_deux
01-13-2011, 06:06 PM
yeah, I heard that. Malik is such a homer. :)

Phenomanul
01-13-2011, 06:17 PM
I wonder what Bonner's +/- stats would look like if the same calculation premise were done for rebounding....

EricB
01-13-2011, 07:01 PM
Malik said about Bonner after a three make "That's all he can do... I mean, he's working on other things, but that's all he can do is shoot the three". (paraphrasing)

Which is a bigger skill set than what Malik had.

Malik should in the mirror before saying other people were limited.

Trill Clinton
01-13-2011, 07:02 PM
Bonner is our most valuable player behind the big 3.

z0sa
01-13-2011, 07:04 PM
Timmy's averaging career lows in several major statistics, Dyess MPG is low and we're 33-6. That tells me (and anyone objective) Bonner has had his fair share of game changing plays.

FilSpursFan
01-13-2011, 07:21 PM
Bonner is better than Bogut...

ElNono
01-13-2011, 07:36 PM
Which is a bigger skill set than what Malik had.
Malik should in the mirror before saying other people were limited.

They're about the same, tbh. Malik at his peak (02-03) gave us 10 and 6, while Matty's best (08/09) has been 8 and 5 (both in about 24 mins).

Obviously, playoffs are a different story.

200 miles
01-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Bonner is our most valuable player ahead of the big 3.

fify :king

200 miles
01-13-2011, 09:48 PM

Bogut, most definitely

Pau Gasol, you bet your ass :king

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-13-2011, 11:40 PM

:lmao

What a load of BULLSHIT. Bogut shits on Bonner.

EricB
01-14-2011, 12:18 AM
They're about the same, tbh. Malik at his peak (02-03) gave us 10 and 6, while Matty's best (08/09) has been 8 and 5 (both in about 24 mins).

Obviously, playoffs are a different story.

Bonner is a little more skilled basketball player on offense and basketball wise. Malik was a tweener who busted his ass and had great athleticism. Too bad Malik didn't have Matt's IQ, he would've been a damn good player longer.

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:30 AM
How many 3s has Bogut hit this year? I rest my case.

Russ
01-14-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm actually starting to like Bonner as a player.

I could see him contributing in the playoffs.

This is a cry for help. Please, somebody stop me . . .

YoMamaIsCallin
01-14-2011, 10:15 AM
It's not a linear ranking. Hill, Bonner, McDyess, and Neal all bring different capabilities to the table. Together they make a really good bench. And Popovich is really good about mixing and matching the combinations to match the game situation and the way each player is going that evening.

Specifically re the Bonner/McDyess comparisons: you really can't compare them, they are so different. Bonner is young, great 3 pt shooter from the kickout or spot-up, has a dribble drive, plays position/team defense and rebounding, and participates in the offense when they run the big man at the top of the key with either a pass to the wing or a dribble hand off (don't know what they call that series), and by stretching the floor by hanging out at the 3pt line. McDyess is old, is a pick&pop shooter, has no dribble drive at all, plays good individual defense, can block shots and sky for rebounds, and participates in the offense from a lower position. Both are valuable but in very different ways. Did you see at the end of the Milwaukee game how Pop subbed them offense/defense? That is the way to use them.

vanvannen
01-14-2011, 10:27 AM
Bonner added some damn good moves to the 3 pointer. He now pump fakes and drives, hits floaters. If he could rebound better on D, he would be a great player.
Sometimes it is painful to watch his boxout.

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 10:51 AM
It is interesting to see the improvement of Bonner honestly on both sides of the ball - he is still a limited player but is not as bad as many make him out to be.

An well written article suggesting Bonner's worth is at:

http://www.48minutesofhell.com/matt-the-mendoza-line-bonner

Even if it’s just for the regular season, Matt Bonner has the shooting touch to absorb minutes (an underrated skill) and the size to offer some resistance to power forwards. But expecting Bonner to guard the opposing team’s best big man or finding an offensive rhythm while the other team stays at home on shooters for extended minutes, as the San Antonio Spurs have had to do because of injuries and/or personnel deficiencies, is a recipe for failure.

Read more: http://www.48minutesofhell.com/matt-the-mendoza-line-bonner#ixzz1B1fBO52R

The following is another pretty honest article

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/players/hollinger?playerId=1996

Bonner is more useful than most pure specialists for a couple of reasons. First, he's not awful defensively. Bonner is 6-10 with a wide frame, and his rates of blocks, steals and fouls averaged near the norms for his position. Second, while he'll never be mistaken for Curly Neal, he makes quick decisions with the ball and rarely gives it up. Bonner landed among the top 10 power forwards in both assist ratio and turnover ratio.

Finally, the Red Rocket quietly has developed one of the most effective floaters in the game. That gives him a show-and-go option to complement his 3-pointer -- since there's no way this guy is getting all the way to the rim from the 3-point line -- and allows him to score at a higher rate than most 3-point specialists.

Obviously, the 40.5 percent career mark on 3s is the key to his game, and if he starts missing those shots, the rest of it will crumble pretty quickly. But as long as he hits 3s, he does enough other positive things to be a key rotation player on a good team. NOTE his TS % is a career high at 64.2%!

This is an interesting, albeit somewhat dated, pretty accurate assessment and as long as he is hitting his threes and Pop does not play him more than 22 MPG - it does seem he is out there more recently? It should be all right!

Below is his page at basketballreference.com

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bonnema01.html

the following is hilarious - first poster wants to get rid of Bonner than an LAL fan wants to get rid of Kobe Bryant?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101120144418AAZTo65

Cane
01-14-2011, 11:09 AM
It wasn't even the first game Bonner's won for the Spurs this season either, his game @ OKC where he went 7/7 from the arc was pretty crazy. He's made some notable improvements over the years and as long as he's not a starter he's a decent option to have on this team. He used to just camp at the 3 point line, now he's got some handles, a floater, hook shots, and improved footwork. Just as long as he doesn't pass up wide open 3's its all good :hat

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm actually starting to like Bonner as a player.

I could see him contributing in the playoffs.

This is a cry for help. Please, somebody stop me . . .
LOL I feel ya bro! I've been bitching about Bonner for years and it's always the same thing, regular season heroics and post season absence. I was disheartened to learn that Bonner was back this year. He's the very definition of "role player". If that weren't true, opponents wouldn't run out at him and over defend. If that weren't true, we wouldn't do a double take any time Bonner puts the ball on the floor and doesn't turn it over. Sure players pick up skills along the way, and I am sure Matt is as hard a worker as there is in the league, and you cannot argue with his success, but goddamn it's a harrowing experience to watch him pass up a wide open look to drive right into the paint. I always say "shoot the goddamn dude!" but nope, there he goes again.