01-12-2011, 10:36 PM
Someone needs to let Malik know that Argentina is not in Europe :toast

RobSM64
01-12-2011, 10:37 PM
But Manu played in Europe

bdictjames
01-12-2011, 10:46 PM
But Manu played in Europe
But even at a young age in Bahia Blanca, he had the same moves and " brave awkwardness". Don't think its European at all.

DAF86
01-12-2011, 10:48 PM
It's already a given that, basketball wise, any non-NBA related thing is European.

jag
01-12-2011, 10:50 PM
You make a good point. Manu became an international star while playing in Argentina where he won multiple Italian Cups and a Euroleague title.

greyforest
01-12-2011, 10:51 PM
so if gary neal does a crossover it's a european crossover?

jag
01-12-2011, 10:56 PM
so if gary neal does a crossover it's a european crossover?

Does he have a uniquely European crossover?

BlairForceDejuan
01-12-2011, 10:58 PM
It's cool brah. Bonner is 7', white, and shoots 3. Pretty sure he hails from Scandinavia located in Europa.

Yorae
01-12-2011, 11:35 PM

So his 3 point shot is European too? What do we call matt bonner's 3 point shots and crossovers? (See bucks game today for the crossovers lolololol)

carina_gino20
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
Well, he does have dual Italian and Argentine citizenship. :lol

Man In Black
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Manu himself has taught it as his Euro-Step move.
cS9ccjbFS3U

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Someone needs to let Malik know that Argentina is not in Europe :toast

Well, you know many argentineans got euro-passports :wow

Leetonidas
01-13-2011, 11:32 AM
Well, Ginobili is an Italian name, so his ancestors are from Europe, but yeah he's not European by nationality, just ancestrally.

hater
01-13-2011, 11:33 AM
European? LOL Manu's not even white

Solid D
01-13-2011, 12:51 PM
Malik knows what he's talking about. It's the dribble drive where Manu crosses over with the opposite hand, pulling it back across. It's a tricky manuever. Malik called it the (Dejan) Bodiroga crossover dribble, which is supposedly where Manu learned it.

"El Latigo" or the whiplash move.
p0bfvXlol8o

batman2883
01-13-2011, 12:56 PM
Manu's step back shot is european........j/s

Budkin
01-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Manu brought the "Euro-step" to the NBA! The move is even in 2K11 now. Ok I don't know who introduced it, but it's a sweet move nonetheless.

batman2883
01-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Manu may not have brought it in, but he sure did make it famous, his step back shot is a thing of beauty

Horse
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow who the fuck cares?

Bulwark
01-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Manu may not have brought it in, but he sure did make it famous, his step back shot is a thing of beauty

You mean the "travel" back shot? :)

tdunk21
01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
IF the spurs passed up on manu....would he still be playin in euroleague or argentina?

ALVAREZ6
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM

What are you LOLing at moron, Manu is white. Of course you're aware that white is the informal term for caucasian..well, are people from Spain and Italy now not white anymore? Perhaps I missed the update...

it's me
01-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Well, Ginobili is an Italian name, so his ancestors are from Europe, but yeah he's not European by nationality, just ancestrally.

According to Italian law… he’s more Italian than Argentine, because of his Italian blood. Actually, I’m sure he even has an Italian birth certificate. Now, I bet he feels 99% Argentine 1% Italian.

Martin R
01-13-2011, 02:17 PM
According to Italian law… he’s more Italian than Argentine, because of his Italian blood. Actually, I’m sure he even has an Italian birth certificate. Now, I bet he feels 99% Argentine 1% Italian.

all his family including grandparents are from Argentina so I think he is 99% Arg and 1% Italian....he just lived / played around 5 years in Europe and that's all.

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Wow who the fuck cares?

We are making a decent discusion here, stay away if you are sensitive :wakeup

servalli
01-13-2011, 02:26 PM
This is like saying Lebron is African and not American. Manu was born in Argentina and he was raised there. That makes him Argentinian with Italian descent just like Lebron is American with African descent...

it's me
01-13-2011, 02:28 PM
all his family including grandparents are from Argentina so I think he is 99% Arg and 1% Italian....he just lived / played around 5 years in Europe and that's all.

Doesn’t matter…(let me clarify,…… per Italian citizenship/nationality law) he has Italian blood, so for Italy, he’s first Italian, second Argentine…. They will put it like this; he’s an Italian born in South America…. You can’t deny hi’s probably more Italian than a lot of people being born in Italy to African parents.

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 02:29 PM
Malik knows what he's talking about. It's the dribble drive where Manu crosses over with the opposite hand, pulling it back across. It's a tricky manuever. Malik called it the (Dejan) Bodiroga crossover dribble, which is supposedly where Manu learned it.

p0bfvXlol8o

Bodiroga is the best never played in NBA FIBA's player, fantastic :toast

Nice videos could be found @ youtube

mabrignani
01-13-2011, 02:32 PM
italians are half black, from the waste down

it's me
01-13-2011, 02:33 PM
This is like saying Lebron is African and not American. Manu was born in Argentina and he was raised there. That makes him Argentinian with Italian descent just like Lebron is American with African descent...

Italian and United States laws on citizenship are different……. Get it people, I’m not saying he isn’t Argentine, actually, he’s 100% Argentine because he was born there, but also… for Italy he’s 100% Italian… basically, he didn’t naturalized Italian, he’s Italia from birth. It’s call Dual-Citizenship, both nationalities have the “same” value.

it's me
01-13-2011, 02:34 PM
italians are half black, from the waste down

:lmao so you're not Italian?

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 03:03 PM
You need to be born in Italy, son/daugther of Italian born, or grandson/daugther of Italian born or married to any previous combination.

I got Italian passport because my mother in law is Italian and my wife also is, so for Italian law I am citizen, also have to vote in their election; my first nationality is ARG since I was born here and also vote here.

so I am an important citizen since I vote i two countries :wow

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:05 PM
You need to be born in Italy, son/daugther of Italian born, or grandson/daugther of Italian born or married to any previous combination.

I got Italian passport because my mother in law is Italian and my wife also is, so for Italian law I am citizen, also have to vote in their election; my first nationality is ARG since I was born here and also vote here.

so I am an important citizen since I vote i two countries :wow

Don't bother.

Elect one criminal, not two.

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Manu brought the "Euro-step" to the NBA! The move is even in 2K11 now. Ok I don't know who introduced it, but it's a sweet move nonetheless.

I learnt it from an NBA US player.

Well before Manu.

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:14 PM

Total bullshit.

Italians that emigrated to Canada, South America and Australia, kept strong links to Italy.
Including a passport.

Some 80.000 Argies moved BACK to Italy since the collapse of 2000, thanks to their passport.

Totally different from US italians.

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:15 PM
Don't waste your time trying to explain anything worldly to most of the people here. The forum is full of a bunch of ignorant xenophobes. The forum has claimed in the past that Hakeem Olajuwon is 100% and only American and not Nigerian, that Tony Parker is American and not European, and that Nick Galis could never in way, shape, or form be considered Greek.

Rasho and Peja can't be Greek citizens despite living there as kids, etc., etc.

Even in this very thread someone claimed that Ginobili isn't even white.........

Most of the members here are rednecks.

For sure Ginobili is not a grecian.

Or he wouldn't be playing in the NBA.

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
:lmao so you're not Italian?

He's itaGlian.

jimo2305
01-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Don't waste your time trying to explain anything worldly to most of the people here. The forum is full of a bunch of ignorant xenophobes. The forum has claimed in the past that Hakeem Olajuwon is 100% and only American and not Nigerian, that Tony Parker is American and not European, and that Nick Galis could never in way, shape, or form be considered Greek.

Even in this very thread someone claimed that Ginobili isn't even white.........

lol dayumn.. this dude keepin' it real :lol

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM

:rollin

Probably more grecians than Galis.

:lmao

Martin R
01-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Italian and United States laws on citizenship are different……. Get it people, I’m not saying he isn’t Argentine, actually, he’s 100% Argentine because he was born there, but also… for Italy he’s 100% Italian… basically, he didn’t naturalized Italian, he’s Italia from birth. It’s call Dual-Citizenship, both nationalities have the “same” value.

that's a better way to explain it, IMHO

temujin
01-13-2011, 04:37 PM
lol dayumn.. this dude keepin' it real :lol

Directly from the back of some donkey on a rocky empty island.

Marhq
01-13-2011, 05:02 PM

p0bfvXlol8o

Manu has stated that he learned that move not from Bodiroga but from Predrag Danilovic with whom he played for Kinder Bologna. IIRC Danilovic was the starting SG when Manu arrived, but he abruptly retired shortly after, forcing his coach (Ettore Messina, perhaps the toughest euro coach) to give that spot to a promising but still raw Manu.

Saludos.

DMC
01-13-2011, 05:14 PM
Wow who the fuck cares?
Either you care or you are just another fuckstick in the endless line of fucksticks to troll this forum today. I mean, you saw the title and clicked on it. So unless you are brain impaired (which is likely regardless), you care.

DMC
01-13-2011, 05:24 PM
Directly from the back of some donkey on a rocky empty island.

http://www.irintech.com/x1/images/jean/US_World.jpg

greyforest
01-13-2011, 05:31 PM
interesting clarifications, thanks fellas :toast

it's me
01-13-2011, 06:31 PM

temujin
01-13-2011, 07:12 PM

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/f/fat_american-12714.jpg

DMC
01-13-2011, 08:46 PM
mmmmmm burgers.

kuato
01-14-2011, 03:37 AM

He is black ? please explain to me your racist observations.

kuato
01-14-2011, 03:40 AM

Just like Viggo Mortensen !

http://yerbamateplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Viggo-Mate.jpg

Man In Black
01-14-2011, 03:48 AM
Manu has stated that he learned that move not from Bodiroga but from Predrag Danilovic with whom he played for Kinder Bologna. IIRC Danilovic was the starting SG when Manu arrived, but he abruptly retired shortly after, forcing his coach (Ettore Messina, perhaps the toughest euro coach) to give that spot to a promising but still raw Manu.

Saludos.

Sasha Danilovic played in the NBA for a short time with the Heat & Mavs. A short 60 game career over 3 seasons, I could remember a time where did that move. The game itself was vague, but the move was memorable.

Americans may remember God Shamgodd if Providence University or the Wizards, doing the same move. Some call it the Shamgodd dribble but it's the same move although the cadence is different. Since God hardly played in the L, we never really got to see him do it.

Man In Black
01-14-2011, 03:51 AM
FYI for the purposes of using the US Census standards. For light skinned Latinos, the US classifies you as White. For the NBA that would be Manu, The Gasol Brothers, Tiago Splitter, and Rudy Fernandez. Leandrinho Barbosa, would be classified as Black and so would Nene Hilario. Anderson Varejao...His classification would be White as well. But I could see why confusion would ensue here.

sendman
01-14-2011, 05:08 AM

Probably more grecians than Galis.

Except Rasho and Peja never lived there as kids.
This Greek cheaters are prepared to lie about everything. About their countries history, debt, about giving away their citizenship with breaking their own laws.
Rasho, to get their citizenship, was forced to take some bogus name, so they can forge their passport.
That is how Rasho Nesterovic became Radoslav Makris and "had some bogus relatives" in some god forgotten village in Greek mountains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radoslav_Nesterovi%C4%87

The same goes for Peja Stojakovic.

Greeks are nothing but goat mounting frauds.

Man In Black
01-14-2011, 05:34 AM
Not my terminology M_F. It's the US Census Bureau's. The proverbial White Of Hispanic Descent. Us Asians didn't like being called Oriental either.

dunkman
01-14-2011, 07:39 AM

Saludos.

Danilovic was a great player, too bad he was often injured during his two seasons in the NBA.

buttsR4rebounding
01-14-2011, 07:42 AM

Yes, because he doesn't shave his pits...very French.

temujin
01-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Saludos.

Ginobili and Danilovic -unfortunately- never played together.
They PRACTICED two times.
After which Danilovic quit.
Inexplicably.

Rumors in Bologna has it that two practices was all it took to the Ultimate Serbian Warrior to recognize his Heir in the young Argie.
It could not be HIS team anymore, it would be Manu's.

Voivodas don't become servants, they step down and watch.

"Watch this new Argie guy we have, it looks like Sasha quit because of him."
Quote.
I sure did watch and never stopped.

temujin
01-14-2011, 07:51 AM
Except Rasho and Peja never lived there as kids.
This Greek cheaters are prepared to lie about everything. About their countries history, debt, about giving away their citizenship with breaking their own laws.
Rasho, to get their citizenship, was forced to take some bogus name, so they can forge their passport.
That is how Rasho Nesterovic became Radoslav Makris and "had some bogus relatives" in some god forgotten village in Greek mountains.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radoslav_Nesterovi%C4%87

The same goes for Peja Stojakovic.

Greeks are nothing but goat mounting frauds.

I have three comments.

1) I tend to agree Greeks are frauds. The one we have on this board is certainly the more greek of the greeks in that sense.

2) It takes two to fraud in this case: you still have to SIGN the false passport.

3) Take a look at this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/science/13visual.html?_r=1

Quite a bit of overlap between Makrises and Nesterovics, isn't it?

ploto
01-14-2011, 10:17 AM
It takes two to fraud in this case: you still have to SIGN the false passport.

Not to defend it, but Rasho was all of about 16 years old when this happened, and it really was a common practice at the time for Greek teams to offer players, especially those from warring Yugoslavia, the opportunity to go to Greece and play if they would take a Greek name.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Manu himself has taught it as his Euro-Step move.
cS9ccjbFS3U
Now that's some "European" skill there!

Solid D
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Saludos.

Getting back to Malik Rose's comments during the broadcast, Malik twice referred to that cross-over dribble as "Manu using the Bodiroga European dribble move". Since Malik played with Manu, I'm sure Malik picked that term up somewhere along the line from Manu or someone with knowledge of the term. This is not to say specifically who Manu learned it from.

ploto
01-14-2011, 05:11 PM
This is an improper way to state that. That makes it look like some dirty dealings in Greece for sports reasons.

The Greek teams gave them Greek citizenship so that they would count as Greek players. Everyone knows this happened-- ask Predrag Kinis or Marko Latsis.

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Not my terminology M_F. It's the US Census Bureau's. The proverbial White Of Hispanic Descent. Us Asians didn't like being called Oriental either.
I've never called an Asian "Oriental". I dated a Vietnamese girl, called her "hoochie" and a Korean girl, called her "coochie".

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:43 PM
This is an improper way to state that. That makes it look like some dirty dealings in Greece for sports reasons. That's not the truth, even if some idiots say it is.

In Greece ANY KID could come from old Yugoslavia to escape the wars. You did not have to be able to kick or dribble a ball to do so.

This is just some ridiculous political bull shit that some of these guys here are posting.

Yeah, same for the DR... I mean, that pitcher WAS a kid.

sendman
01-17-2011, 08:26 AM
2) It takes two to fraud in this case: you still have to SIGN the false passport.

3) Take a look at this.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/13/science/13visual.html?_r=1

Quite a bit of overlap between Makrises and Nesterovics, isn't it?

2) I agree completely and whoever made Rasho do this shit shoud be prosecuted. Even Rasho, if he was over 21 at that moment.
3)Everybody can draw circles. If you would know the area you would know that this circles can be drawn as you like.

If Greek intentions were so pure as some of you are claiming, I have a question for you.
Why were all this athletes forced to take some bogus names? And don't tell that easier pronunciation is the reason. No! Finding them false relatives was just the QUICKEST way to get them passports that allowed Greek teams to sign an extra foreign players within the rules at that moment.

And that is ONLY TRUTH about that and you can lie about it all you want.

Now, with different rules in Eurobasketball suddenly there is no more Makrises - Nesterovics. How come?

FRAUDS!

temujin
01-17-2011, 09:34 AM
This is an improper way to state that. That makes it look like some dirty dealings in Greece for sports reasons. That's not the truth, even if some idiots say it is.

In Greece ANY KID could come from old Yugoslavia to escape the wars. You did not have to be able to kick or dribble a ball to do so.

This is just some ridiculous political bull shit that some of these guys here are posting.

Not for sports reasons.
In general.
Starting from blatantly cheating on balance books.

temujin
01-17-2011, 09:42 AM
2) I agree completely and whoever made Rasho do this shit shoud be prosecuted. Even Rasho, if he was over 21 at that moment.
3)Everybody can draw circles. If you would know the area you would know that this circles can be drawn as you like.

If Greek intentions were so pure as some of you are claiming, I have a question for you.
Why were all this athletes forced to take some bogus names? And don't tell that easier pronunciation is the reason. No! Finding them false relatives was just the QUICKEST way to get them passports that allowed Greek teams to sign an extra foreign players within the rules at that moment.

And that is ONLY TRUTH about that and you can lie about it all you want.

Now, with different rules in Eurobasketball suddenly there is no more Makrises - Nesterovics. How come?

FRAUDS!

3) No, not everybody can draw these circles. These circles were drawn after some very serious testing. I was surprised myself. I would have thought that the Greeks more overlapped with Turks than anybody.

2) I am not claiming at all that the Greek intentions were candid. They were giving away passports to anybody and that's a fraud.

temujin
01-17-2011, 09:52 AM

Nesterovic is Slovenian.
The "war" in Slovenia lasted about 3/4 days, the time for the Yugoslav army (translate Serbs) to pack and move south.

I have been through forums for quite some time, and I have never ever seen a poster like you, that has this innate passion for being WRONG all the time,
this TALENT to write bullshit in every single frigging post.

Congratulations.