PDA

View Full Version : What's Up With Tony Parker?

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:46 PM
He looked like shit tonight. Still ailing? Personal issues?

I have not seen Tony attack the paint in the past few games. i understand the "under the weather" games, but even tonight he appeared to be out of phase with the rest of the team.

Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery.

ChumpDumper
01-12-2011, 11:47 PM
Angry at Pop and wants a trade to the Knicks.

Blackjack
01-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Longoriitis.

ezau
01-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Brent and Erin officially divorcing?

DMC
01-12-2011, 11:52 PM
Some good points. Not sure about the Knicks thing. I think came out of the scandal thing with a focus, but it's been lost as the reality sets in. He might need to get a blow. Is Erin around?

frodo
01-13-2011, 01:11 AM
quit hating. trigga still plays the game, no matter playing good or not-so-good. Yao used to be real good those years but he's already done. a dog alive is better than a dead lion

TDMVPDPOY
01-13-2011, 01:51 AM
tony parker reminds me of the clown who we chased in 03 FA who listened to his wife and look what happen....

janetcn12
01-13-2011, 01:56 AM
Give him a break.

gospursgojas
01-13-2011, 02:05 AM
Had like 12 assts last night. Not everybody can score

tuncaboylu
01-13-2011, 02:45 AM
I'm not worried with Parker's current performance. He's showing his playmaking skills in last 2 games. He's averaging 10 pts 11 assists in last 2 games and this is similar to Rondo numbers. While his shots not dropping well, he's helping the team in different way usually he does.

Hoops Czar
01-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Brent and Erin officially divorcing?

When God closes a door, he opens a window.

ego
01-13-2011, 03:38 AM
I'm not worried with Parker's current performance. He's showing his playmaking skills in last 2 games. He's averaging 10 pts 11 assists in last 2 games and this is similar to Rondo numbers. While his shots not dropping well, he's helping the team in different way usually he does.

I'm not worried with Parker's current performance and with the 11 assists, you can add 2 steals tonight. I think tony has the same number of assists that nude pictures in some sigs.

I'm worried about the stupidity of some spurs fans, give him a break !!

ego

DesignatedT
01-13-2011, 03:46 AM
You can clearly see that he is focusing on distributing the ball more and trying to run the team. He has missed some shots he usually makes but I don't think that's anything to worry about. The guy could easily put up 20+ a night if he was asked to.

ezau
01-13-2011, 05:08 AM

Right on!

DAF86
01-13-2011, 05:33 AM
Everyplayer has stretches during the season where they lose a little bit of confidence on offense. Manu had a bad december and nobody said anything.

romain.star
01-13-2011, 06:18 AM
Everyplayer has stretches during the season where they lose a little bit of confidence on offense. Manu had a bad december and nobody said anything.

He is Ginobili. Parker is not.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-13-2011, 06:28 AM
I seriously never thought I'd see the day Parker would be criticized for scoring less and distributing the ball more...

what exactly do people want from Tony??

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 06:32 AM
Longoriitis.

:lol I think this is one issue

WalterBenitez
01-13-2011, 06:35 AM
I seriously never thought I'd see the day Parker would be criticized for scoring less and distributing the ball more...

Ready for playoffs and be flashing in the paint, I only expect him to be TONY PARKER the one we know :wakeup

Distributing more the ball is a great progress!

Bukefal
01-13-2011, 06:48 AM

yeah, people don't know themselves what they want. No matter what he does, it's never good.

Exactly what Romain.star said; he is no Ginobili. Parker is not seen as a god.
Parker is always criticized, hated, no matter what he does.

Nothing is wrong with Parker, he plays well, just distributing more instead of putting up huge points. I like it.

Non-issue.

greyforest
01-13-2011, 07:48 AM
Had like 12 assts last night. Not everybody can score

excellent, I get to use this image

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/2038/tonylol.jpg

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 07:56 AM
he is no Ginobili

:tu

Nice to see you finally come around.

Pauleta14
01-13-2011, 08:27 AM
just distributing more instead of putting up huge points.

:nope

He is not distributing and/or shooting more or less, just that his shots/layups aren' falling... (he is still take around 12 shots/game)

The good thing is that he doesn't disapear in those games anymore (remember?) and stay productive a way or another...

portnoy1
01-13-2011, 08:56 AM
[QUOTE=DesignatedT;4894428]You can clearly see that he is focusing on distributing the ball more and trying to run the team. He has missed some shots he usually makes but I don't think that's anything to worry about. The guy could easily put up 20+ a night if he was asked to.[ exactly, when his shots not falling, he can facilitate; making sure the ball keeps moving to an eventual high percentage look.

smeagol
01-13-2011, 08:58 AM
ducks, get on your boy's case . . .

ElNono
01-13-2011, 09:01 AM
Shooting slump, forcing some shots (probably trying to get out of the shooting funk), but that's about it. The whole team is a bit sloppy these days, and that's not on Tony.
The rest of his game looks fine, imo.

Bukefal
01-13-2011, 09:35 AM
:lol come around?

I'm just saying, everything Parker does, he still is criticized, no matter if it's good or bad.
Not like Ginobili, who is seen like a god by spursfans and very popular even if he sucks. While with Parker immediately threads start popping up.

spursfan09
01-13-2011, 09:37 AM

I'm just saying, everything Parker does, he still is criticized, no matter if it's good or bad.
Not like Ginobili, who is seen like a god by spursfans and very popular even if he sucks. While with Parker immediately threads start popping up.

Well then they are not true Spur fans if they can't like a guy who plays for the Spurs and helps them to win.

The games must be enjoyable when TP is the reason why were winning.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 09:38 AM

:lol

I knew exactly what you meant, guess I should have used the blue. Just having a little fun with a leading member of the Parker Protection Force.

nkdlunch
01-13-2011, 09:39 AM
he played well IMO. got his teamates involved and was trying to defend. he gets a B in my book.

Bukefal
01-13-2011, 09:48 AM

I knew exactly what you meant, guess I should have used the blue. Just having a little fun with a leading member of the Parker Protection Force.

:lol yeah he is one of my fav players, Im not hiding that. But I like every Spurs player.

I don't think I'm the leading member, I just think it's a shame that he is always hated and criticized by spurs fans themselves. He can't do any good in the eyes of many Spurs fans. I think it's a shame that sometimes he does not get the basic respect the guy deserves. While Manu for example is seen like a god, manu just can't do anything bad.
Even if Manu sucks, It's quiet, you won't see threads popping up, nor hate nor anything, besides by Ducks maybe. Of course that's great, and I like Manu, but It's just a shame to see that with TP.

Ah well, it's always been like that.

ElNono
01-13-2011, 09:50 AM
:lol yeah he is one of my fav players, Im not hiding that. But I like every Spurs player.

I don't think I'm the leading member, I just think it's a shame that he is always hated and criticized by spurs fans themselves. He can't do any good in the eyes of many Spurs fans. I think it's a shame that sometimes he does not get the basic respect the guy deserves. While Manu for example is seen like a god, manu just can't do anything bad.
Even if Manu sucks, It's quiet, you won't see threads popping up, nor hate nor anything, besides by Ducks maybe. Of course that's great, and I like Manu, but It's just a shame to see that with TP.

Ah well, it's always been like that.

It happened with Manu too. You have a short memory if you think it didn't. Especially during '08 after his ankle was fucked in the NO series.

spursfan09
01-13-2011, 09:57 AM
I'll just never understand why people fill the need to rip Tony Parker in order to up Manu Ginobili.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 10:08 AM
I just think it's a shame that he is always hated and criticized by spurs fans themselves. He can't do any good in the eyes of many Spurs fans.

ST is not a representative sample of the Spurs fan base. Lots of folks here have agendas, issues, and may well be in need of prescription medication for a variety of conditions.

It is, however, absolutely true that Manu is more popular than Tony among the great mass of Spurs fans. Of course, he's more popular than Duncan as well. It's just the way it is.

I'll just never understand why people fill the need to rip Tony Parker in order to up Manu Ginobili.

Never got that, either. We're lucky to have both of them.

spursfan09
01-13-2011, 10:41 AM
ST is not a representative sample of the Spurs fan base. Lots of folks here have agendas, issues, and may well be in need of prescription medication for a variety of conditions.

It is, however, absolutely true that Manu is more popular than Tony among the great mass of Spurs fans. Of course, he's more popular than Duncan as well. It's just the way it is.

:lol right?

It's like you'd be a way happier Spur fan if you like them both. It's very rewarding!

ginobilized
01-13-2011, 10:52 AM
it's all part of Pop's plan
that benching got Tony's attention
we already know he can score, now, if he can distribute too, other teams are gonna be in a pickle figuring out how to defend us
i love seeing his assist numbers go up

DMC
01-13-2011, 10:59 AM
Some of you sound like butt hurt little women. I wasn't ripping Tony. I know that Tony has not be nearly as productive lately as he's historically been. This isn't Rondo. If Tony was getting 15 dimes a game but couldn't guard a dead man, he would be Nash... would that be ok? We don't need Rondo's assists and poor jump shooting. We need Tony's assists and drives to lane to open up the shooters. That's what Tony has done for us for years. When he's suddenly not doing it, I am left to wonder what's going on. So what I didn't start a thread about Manu. Manu was missing shots, but he was still taking shots. Tony is getting yelled at constantly by Pop and he's missing a lot of defensive rotations. He got caught up in that screen last night because he tried (again) to go under it and was called for the foul. That pissed Pop off because now the clock stops and the Bucks are shooting free throws late into the game. That's not a normal Tony move.

He's coming down the floor and just staring at the defense, and he just lingers there much longer than he normally would. I've seen several instances where he refuses to penetrate the lane even when it's obvious he could easily do so.

Maybe it's a different tact, but I cannot see Pop changing how Tony plays and thinking he's going to profit from it. We have to have Tony driving and kicking or attacking once he gets into the paint.

gospursgojas
01-13-2011, 11:02 AM
:lol right?

It's like you'd be a way happier Spur fan if you like them both. It's very rewarding!

This.

I love them both and usually they are never both playing poorly so it makes it easy for me. Alot of people here wanna make a twilight Team Manu and Team Tony debate. Why do we have to choose?

ginobili fan
01-13-2011, 11:14 AM

I understand some points: I don't think this is a tony-hate thread at all.
When Ginobili has bad games it's because his shots don't fall but you can see he's still active on both ends of the court, still can create for others, etc...

But for Tony it seems different :
I really miss the Tony who scores jumpshots over jumpshots, finish easily in the paint...
I understand he tries to pass more and that's great but whether he's tired or still have emotional issues or what but you can see in the guys eyes he's way off these days...
Even POP knows that and it can explain his anger couple of games ago against parker...

Without a great Tony Parker ala 2007 no way the Spurs win a chanpionship this year.
I really hope he'll get his confidence back for playoffs...

ginobili fan
01-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Some of you sound like butt hurt little women. I wasn't ripping Tony. I know that Tony has not be nearly as productive lately as he's historically been. This isn't Rondo. If Tony was getting 15 dimes a game but couldn't guard a dead man, he would be Nash... would that be ok? We don't need Rondo's assists and poor jump shooting. We need Tony's assists and drives to lane to open up the shooters. That's what Tony has done for us for years. When he's suddenly not doing it, I am left to wonder what's going on. So what I didn't start a thread about Manu. Manu was missing shots, but he was still taking shots. Tony is getting yelled at constantly by Pop and he's missing a lot of defensive rotations. He got caught up in that screen last night because he tried (again) to go under it and was called for the foul. That pissed Pop off because now the clock stops and the Bucks are shooting free throws late into the game. That's not a normal Tony move.

He's coming down the floor and just staring at the defense, and he just lingers there much longer than he normally would. I've seen several instances where he refuses to penetrate the lane even when it's obvious he could easily do so.

Maybe it's a different tact, but I cannot see Pop changing how Tony plays and thinking he's going to profit from it. We have to have Tony driving and kicking or attacking once he gets into the paint.

This.
It looks more like a mental issues I don't know what...

Bukefal
01-13-2011, 11:39 AM

:tu Exactly, very lucky, they are all part of the Spurs we love.

SPURadic
01-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Looks like CIA Pop to me.

His speed has been there, the physical tools remain, but his role in the team has changed the past few games. Maybe to make other teams not prepare for Tony AS MUCH AS THEY WOULD if he was scoring 20ppg.

Spurs Brazil
01-13-2011, 12:06 PM
I hope TP has some payback for Kidd tomorrow

Cane
01-13-2011, 12:30 PM
Parker has been in a funk, probably due to that illness in addition to the sexting/divorce.

Hopefully he can return back to his prime self pronto. Imo he should be the best player of the big 3 because he's younger and this league is great for quick guards and it'd be best for the Spurs to have him gain miles rather than the older guys...unfortunately that hasn't been the case and I'd say Parker has been the worst of the big 3 by a significant amount, stats be damned. He's still one of the biggest matchup advantages the Spurs have over other contenders though.

LoneStarState'sPride
01-13-2011, 12:33 PM
TP will be fine. Long season, will have a few games where he doesn't look like himself. Difference is, this year he's passing even more--I'm baffled, nobody really knows what they want from him (except Pop).

Someone's bitching about Tony for something every goddamn year--let him play his game, he'll be fine.

DMC
01-13-2011, 05:42 PM
TP will be fine. Long season, will have a few games where he doesn't look like himself. Difference is, this year he's passing even more--I'm baffled, nobody really knows what they want from him (except Pop).

Someone's bitching about Tony for something every goddamn year--let him play his game, he'll be fine.
Why is an analytical observation being considered "bitching" or are you just a fucking turd?

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Why is an analytical observation being considered "bitching" or are you just a fucking turd?

He looked like shit tonight. Still ailing? Personal issues?

What analytical observation was that?

wontstartdumbthreads
01-13-2011, 06:14 PM

When a woman closes her woowoo, she opens up a poopshoot.

DMC
01-13-2011, 08:57 PM
What analytical observation was that?
Cherry picking a phrase. How original. Yup, you caught me red handed.

Never mind this:

I wasn't ripping Tony. I know that Tony has not be nearly as productive lately as he's historically been. This isn't Rondo. If Tony was getting 15 dimes a game but couldn't guard a dead man, he would be Nash... would that be ok? We don't need Rondo's assists and poor jump shooting. We need Tony's assists and drives to lane to open up the shooters. That's what Tony has done for us for years. When he's suddenly not doing it, I am left to wonder what's going on. So what I didn't start a thread about Manu. Manu was missing shots, but he was still taking shots. Tony is getting yelled at constantly by Pop and he's missing a lot of defensive rotations. He got caught up in that screen last night because he tried (again) to go under it and was called for the foul. That pissed Pop off because now the clock stops and the Bucks are shooting free throws late into the game. That's not a normal Tony move.

I understand if you have to build a strawman in order to feel justified in responding with the typical forum bromide and hyperbole. Don't let me get between you and your post count.

DMC
01-13-2011, 08:58 PM
When a woman closes her woowoo, she opens up a poopshoot.
Ergo you were born.

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 10:05 PM
Cherry picking a phrase. How original. Yup, you caught me red handed.

Yep, I cherry picked the first line of the first post in a thread that you started.

Don't let me get between you and your post count.

Says the guy with over 300 posts in the last week.

:sleep

dbreiden83080
01-14-2011, 12:17 AM
He's not tapping Eva on a reg basis

Shit fucks with your head..

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:48 AM
Yep, I cherry picked the first line of the first post in a thread that you started.

Yes, that's like me saying "'In the beginning..."' What's so great about that?" when referring to the entire Bible.

Cherry picked. Admit it. Move on. Had you simply posted my entire take, your response wouldn't make sense now would it? Hows that post count?

:sleepYou obviously post to see yourself type. When you have something to say that makes sense and isn't cherry picked to try to get a fallacious point across, maybe I will offer you more than this.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:52 AM
Yes, that's like me saying "'In the beginning..."' What's so great about that?" when referring to the entire Bible.

Cherry picked. Admit it. Move on. Had you simply posted my entire take, your response wouldn't make sense now would it? Hows that post count?
You obviously post to see yourself type. When you have something to say that makes sense and isn't cherry picked to try to get a fallacious point across, maybe I will offer you more than this.

Again says the guy with over 300 posts in past week.

You posed a question in the thread title. You answered it in the first line. Later on you called someone a turd for finding fault with your position. You're clearly seeking attention, yet now you're crying when you get it.

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:19 AM
Again says the guy with over 300 posts in past week.

You posed a question in the thread title. You answered it in the first line. Later on you called someone a turd for finding fault with your position. You're clearly seeking attention, yet now you're crying when you get it.

I asked What's Up With Tony Parker?

I gave some possibilities. I didn't answer my own question. I then gave the reason for my question.

All you locked into was the opening line. Are you a news person because you seem to like taking bites and formulating a story.

Just face the truth, you grade posts. You have absolutely nothing to add, you just hold up score cards for posts.

EricB
01-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Holy crap and I thought I overreacted....

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Holy crap and I thought I overreacted....
You probably did if you think you did.

Btw, you have twice as many posts per day as I do. You are obviously seeking attention.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:23 AM
I asked What's Up With Tony Parker?

I gave some possibilities. I didn't answer my own question. I then gave the reason for my question.

All you locked into was the opening line. Are you a news person because you seem to like taking bites and formulating a story.

Just face the truth, you grade posts. You have absolutely nothing to add, you just hold up score cards for posts.

If you believe that, I'm done. At least you dropped the moronic post count smack.

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:28 AM
If you believe that, I'm done. At least you dropped the moronic post count smack.
But you didn't. How's that count now?

I do believe that. That's all you've shown me. Are you some great oracle of the game or just someone with an axe to grind?

Someone new starts posting and the whole bandwagon jumps on him like it's the hazing hour. That person rips most of you a new asshole and you all whine about how butt sore you are. Get over it.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:31 AM
But you didn't. How's that count now?

I do believe that. That's all you've shown me. Are you some great oracle of the game or just someone with an axe to grind?

My point in this thread is quite clear. If I have any axe to grind, it is with posters who can't make their case without calling other posters a turd or something similar.

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:32 AM

My point in this thread is quite clear. If I have any axe to grind, it is with posters who can't make their case without calling other posters a turd or something similar.

Again, you've said absolutely nothing I didn't already know about you.

Score recorded, it will be averaged with the rest of the turds' scores. Move on. You were done responding, right?

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:33 AM
Again, you've said absolutely nothing I didn't already know about you.

Score recorded, it will be averaged with the rest of the turds' scores. Move on. You were done responding, right?

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:35 AM
You must be the loneliest person here.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:36 AM
You must be the loneliest person here.

EricB
01-14-2011, 03:07 AM
You probably did if you think you did.

Btw, you have twice as many posts per day as I do. You are obviously seeking attention.

Do you even understand what your saying? Or do you just have your keyboard set on babble?

howbouthemspurs
01-14-2011, 05:14 AM
His Assist average is going back up... hes doing fine! We are still winning arnt we?

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Do you even understand what your saying? Or do you just have your keyboard set on babble?
You have to read the entire thread... context.

It's "you're", btw. (speaking of babble)

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:07 PM
His Assist average is going back up... hes doing fine! We are still winning arnt we?

Cool, so there are no repairable issues on the Spurs team. There are no reasons for talk about issues, since the Spurs are winning.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Cool, so there are no repairable issues on the Spurs team. There are no reasons for talk about issues, since the Spurs are winning.

It doesn't matter as long as the Spurs are winning.

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:23 PM
Notice the times on those posts, or do I need to draw that out for you with fat crayons?

Also, two different threads.

You're not the sharpest tool in the box I see.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
Notice the times on those posts, or do I need to draw that out for you with fat crayons?

Also, two different threads.

It doesn't matter as long as the Spurs are winning.

polandprzem
01-14-2011, 12:25 PM
wasn't Tony sick or something?

He went into a slump. But no biggie IMO.
He still is assassin when needed.

portnoy1
01-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Thats funny, When Tony distributes and becomes a facilitator people complain. I love it; his shot may not be falling right now, but he just makes sure to keep the ball moving and not try to force too much. Its the exact same thing Manu would do, and we would praise him for it.

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Thats funny, When Tony distributes and becomes a facilitator people complain. I love it; his shot may not be falling right now, but he just makes sure to keep the ball moving and not try to force too much. Its the exact same thing Manu would do, and we would praise him for it.
You say that now, because the Spurs are winning against soft teams. When they face a challenge and Tony isn't up to snuff, then there will be threads about where comments like yours are scarce.

Tony didn't suddenly become John Stockton or Rajon Rondo. He's a probing PG who looks to score first. If that were to suddenly change, we might as well use Chris Quinn, since he can pass the ball as well as Parker.

portnoy1
01-14-2011, 12:44 PM
You say that now, because the Spurs are winning against soft teams. When they face a challenge and Tony isn't up to snuff, then there will be threads about where comments like yours are scarce.

Tony didn't suddenly become John Stockton or Rajon Rondo. He's a probing PG who looks to score first. If that were to suddenly change, we might as well use Chris Quinn, since he can pass the ball as well as Parker.
Tp has never been a great passer. Thats never what I meant. But we have so much scoring power thats its not nessecary for him to try and score 25 every might. His shot is not going down, so he can make sure that other guys get more opportunities and shots.

To illustrate: do you think the spurs would have won by 15pts or at all against the lakers if 1) kobe took 17 shots instead of 27 and 2) pau and bynum got those 10 attempts in the post?

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 12:45 PM

:lmao

Tell us that this a some sort of joke. Your credibility is already hanging by a thread.

urunobili
01-14-2011, 12:48 PM
All players go through stretches like this every year nothing to see there imo...

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
All players go through stretches like this every year nothing to see there imo...
But not every player gets caught up in a sexting scandal with an ex-teammate's wife and goes through a highly publicized divorce because of it.

Apples and oranges.

DMC
01-14-2011, 12:50 PM

Tell us that this a some sort of joke. Your credibility is already hanging by a thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/kaeli/macros%20etc/butthurt.jpg

Chomag
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
I agree that the word "hate" gets used to easly for everything around here. I didn't see this thread as a Parker hate thread.

When my son gets a bad grade at school I question him on why, this does not mean I hate the Boy. :lol

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 12:51 PM
Ooooh, a butthurt kitty.

Now tell us about how Quinn is as good a passer as Parker.

portnoy1
01-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Ooooh, a butthurt kitty.

Now tell us about how Quinn is as good a passer as Parker.Their styles are different. Quinn keeps that ball moving, Tp usually doesnt. However quinn cant break a defense down like parker, so while tp has options quinn doesnt.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:00 PM
Ooooh, a butthurt kitty.

Now tell us about how Quinn is as good a passer as Parker.
If Quinn's minutes were averaged with Tony's, the difference would be around 2 assists per game. Tony is ranked 15th in the league in assists per game for PGs. It doesn't take a statistician to see that Tony is a score first PG. Tony is ranked 10th in PPG and 3rd in FG%, meaning he drives and scores in the paint (his jumper isn't that good).

Tony didn't win Finals MVP for his assists. You might as well make Duncan a PG since he's a great passer too... I mean, if you think Tony's role as scorer suddenly changed in the last few games.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Their styles are different. Quinn keeps that ball moving, Tp usually doesnt. However quinn cant break a defense down like parker, so while tp has options quinn doesnt.

Correct, but if it came down to who finds open shooters and makes accurate passes, I wouldn't put Tony at the top of the list. Add his ability to get into the heart of the defense and score, I would put Tony atop the list. If you just discard that and try to remold your superstar PG, you have a hard row to hoe.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
Also Mel_13, are you the credibility score keeper too? You keep post count, post quality and now credibility scores... I guess then Guitardude needs to see you for his cred.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:09 PM
If Quinn's minutes were averaged with Tony's, the difference would be around 2 assists per game. Tony is ranked 15th in the league in assists per game for PGs.

APG as a measure of passing ability for a PG in the Spurs offense? Really? So you're ready to dismiss the difference between Quinn and Parker as passers as "just 2 apg"?

Try looking at assist % if just watching the game isn't enough for you.

It doesn't take a statistician to see that Tony is a score first PG. Tony is ranked 10th in PPG and 3rd in FG%, meaning he drives and scores in the paint (his jumper isn't that good).

Tony didn't win Finals MVP for his assists. You might as well make Duncan a PG since he's a great passer too... I mean, if you think Tony's role as scorer suddenly changed in the last few games.

This we all know. Irrelevant to the subject at hand.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
You keep post count

That was you.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
I agree that the word "hate" gets used to easly for everything around here. I didn't see this thread as a Parker hate thread.

When my son gets a bad grade at school I question him on why, this does not mean I hate the Boy. :lol

Yeah, but you are dealing with extreme homerism here to the point where some kind of forced intervention is needed.

Any attempt at discussing players' issues here gets met with acidic and an almost delusional paranoia.

That's why this forum is such a big troll magnet, the users are ripe for the picking.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:14 PM
That was you.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:16 PM

Yep. Unless you edit your previous posts, it's there for all to read.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:22 PM
APG as a measure of passing ability for a PG in the Spurs offense? Really? So you're ready to dismiss the difference between Quinn and Parker as passers as "just 2 apg"?

I see, so you want to both have your cake and have eaten it.

The Spurs offense is Tony driving the lane and finding easy points which collapses the defense. That's the having your cake part... but wait it gets better...... but now you and others here contend that Tony is adopting a new role as a passer, so now the Spurs offense isn't the same as it was. No longer is Tony driving the paint and collapsing the defense. Now he's looking for open shooters from atop the key or just standing there with the ball. That's the eating of the cake.

Which is it? Either Tony is playing within the offense, which we all know what his role is there, or he's adopting a new approach. You cannot have it both ways.

Try looking at assist % if just watching the game isn't enough for you.

Why should I do that? Is that something else you are mandating? Why should I care what you think since you are just the score keeper anyhow?

This we all know. Irrelevant to the subject at hand.
It's very relevant. Tony didn't start this year off by being an assists leader. He was scoring like he always does, and in the process he was getting other people open looks. It's very relevant to look at Tony's role in the past successful years and extrapolate that to today. This is what the thread is predicated on in the first place. You start your own thread if you want to go a different direction and I will come along an 2 word fuck it to death like you are doing mine.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:33 PM
I see, so you want to both have your cake and have eaten it.

The Spurs offense is Tony driving the lane and finding easy points which collapses the defense. That's the having your cake part... but wait it gets better...... but now you and others here contend that Tony is adopting a new role as a passer, so now the Spurs offense isn't the same as it was. No longer is Tony driving the paint and collapsing the defense. Now he's looking for open shooters from atop the key or just standing there with the ball. That's the eating of the cake.

Link to where I said any such thing. It would make it easier for you if had, but I didn't. So while some of the above may refer to other posters in this thread, it has nothing to do with me.

Which is it? Either Tony is playing within the offense, which we all know what his role is there, or he's adopting a new approach. You cannot have it both ways.

Again, link to where I tried to have it both ways.

Why should I do that? Is that something else you are mandating? Why should I care what you think since you are just the score keeper anyhow?

It might provide you with some insight on the Quinn/Parker issue that you raised.

It's very relevant. Tony didn't start this year off by being an assists leader. He was scoring like he always does, and in the process he was getting other people open looks.

Did I say anything to contradict those basic facts?

It's very relevant to look at Tony's role in the past successful years and extrapolate that to today. This is what the thread is predicated on in the first place.

That's what you say now

You start your own thread if you want to go a different direction and I will come along an 2 word fuck it to death like you are doing mine.

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-14-2011, 01:34 PM
Either he's simply going into a slump or Eva came over for tea.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
Yep. Unless you edit your previous posts, it's there for all to read.
I never mentioned how many posts you have. I didn't go out and research your posts. You have obviously plenty of concern and time on your hands, or you are just the turd I mentioned before.

Keeping post score is showing how many posts someone has had in a given time frame. That's what you did. Own it.

ohmwrecker
01-14-2011, 01:36 PM
You guys are missing something here . . . Tony has always been a good passer off penetration. The difference is that often his initial pass was moved around the perimeter more for the "best" shot. This year, the recipient of the initial pass is getting a better look. Coupled with Jefferson's improvement, Bonner's apparent dependability and the emergence of Neal, players are hitting more shots on first looks. The shooting has improved, but Tony's passing skills have always been there. In fact, he makes less errant passes than Manu, on the whole.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:38 PM
Link to where I said any such thing. It would make it easier for you if had, but I didn't. So while some of the above may refer to other posters in this thread, it has nothing to do with me.

Again, link to where I tried to have it both ways.

It might provide you with some insight on the Quinn/Parker issue that you raised.

Did I say anything to contradict those basic facts?

That's what you say now

:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

That's just it, you have multiple posts here in this thread but you haven't actually said anything, but since you have leg ridden others I will group you in with their school of thought. If you don't like that, try branching out on your own, if that's not too much strain for you.

spursfan09
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
But not every player gets caught up in a sexting scandal with an ex-teammate's wife and goes through a highly publicized divorce because of it.

Apples and oranges.

Well considering all that, he's doing pretty well then don't you think?

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
I never mentioned how many posts you have. I didn't go out and research your posts. You have obviously plenty of concern and time on your hands, or you are just the turd I mentioned before.

Keeping post score is showing how many posts someone has had in a given time frame. That's what you did. Own it.

The evidence is in the thread.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:40 PM
You guys are missing something here . . . Tony has always been a good passer off penetration. The difference is that often his initial pass was moved around the perimeter more for the "best" shot. This year, the recipient of the initial pass is getting a better look. Coupled with Jefferson's improvement, Bonner's apparent dependability and the emergence of Neal, players are hitting more shots on first looks. The shooting has improved, but Tony's passing skills have always been there. In fact, he makes less errant passes than Manu, on the whole.

This is a good point. However I wasn't referring to the entire year. I was referring to the last 5 games or so. He hasn't seemed to want to attack the rim, and has been soft on defense.

I think Manu's errant passes are because he creates, and is always in motion.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:41 PM
The evidence is in the thread.
Goddamn do you ever shut up?

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/tirelessrebutter.jpg

For Tireless Rebutter there is no such thing as a trivial dispute. He regards all challenges as barbarians at the gates. His unflagging tenacity in making his points numbs and eventually wears down the opposition. Confident that his arguments are sound, Tireless Rebutter can't understand why he is universally loathed.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:42 PM
Goddamn do you ever shut up?

:cry:cry:cry:cry

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
:cry:cry:cry:cry

Post count ++

LoneStarState'sPride
01-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Jeez, who pissed in your cheerios? :lol Wasn't referring specifically to YOU, dmc. Just that every year there's someone who has a problem with something TP is or is not doing enough of (in their eyes). Happens more w/ our PG than any other of his caliber in the league, and quite frankly it's a little ridiculous, whether you claim objectivity this time around or someone else does.

In short, chill.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:50 PM
That's just it, you have multiple posts here in this thread but you haven't actually said anything, but since you have leg ridden others I will group you in with their school of thought. If you don't like that, try branching out on your own, if that's not too much strain for you.

You're really quite hilarious. What I said to you was quite clear. Go back to the first post where I quoted you. It's all there. You've been desperately trying to change the subject ever since.

DMC
01-14-2011, 01:51 PM
Jeez, who pissed in your cheerios? :lol Wasn't referring specifically to YOU, dmc. Just that every year there's someone who has a problem with something TP is or is not doing enough of (in their eyes). Happens more w/ our PG than any other of his caliber in the league, and quite frankly it's a little ridiculous, whether you claim objectivity this time around or someone else does.

In short, chill.

Ok, if that's the case I apologize to you. However I did start the thread, so who else could you have been referring to? If you want to use abrasive terms, expect to receive them in return.

It's ok to discuss game to game performances and any issues fans see in the players. Otherwise we would all wait for the end of the season and tally the results. What's the point?

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:52 PM

In short, chill.

And now the circle is complete.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 01:55 PM
Ok, if that's the case I apologize to you. However I did start the thread, so who else could you have been referring to? If you want to use abrasive terms, expect to receive them in return.

So this post was so "abrasive" that you called him a turd:

DMC
01-14-2011, 02:01 PM
Mel, welcome.. you are the first to grace my ignore list... :)

LoneStarState'sPride
01-14-2011, 02:05 PM

It's ok to discuss game to game performances and any issues fans see in the players. Otherwise we would all wait for the end of the season and tally the results. What's the point?

I obviously was referring to people who find something to always bitch about w/ Tony. That's ridiculous. I was not abrasive to you specifically in any way--you just overreacted. I accept your apology, however.

You can discuss performances and issues all you want--I understand that's the purpose of this forum. Just know that people that actually know shit about basketball usually greet the latest "what's wrong w/ Tony Parker" threads with somewhat of an eyeroll at this point.

[and yeah, I know I didn't have to click on/read the thread. bite me.]

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:14 PM

Here's to your success in that endeavor. You now join Kill_Bill_Pana as posters who claim to ignore me.

All the best.

:toast

Brazil
01-14-2011, 02:47 PM

lol ignore list
lol namlook

MaNuMaNiAc
01-14-2011, 03:14 PM

ignore list smack?... really??

DesignatedT
01-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Ignore list :lol

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:10 PM
I obviously was referring to people who find something to always bitch about w/ Tony. That's ridiculous. I was not abrasive to you specifically in any way--you just overreacted. I accept your apology, however.

You can discuss performances and issues all you want--I understand that's the purpose of this forum. Just know that people that actually know shit about basketball usually greet the latest "what's wrong w/ Tony Parker" threads with somewhat of an eyeroll at this point.

[and yeah, I know I didn't have to click on/read the thread. bite me.]

I find it amusing that longevity on this forum is equated with basketball knowledge by those who have longevity here. Funny though, because there's little to no basketball education happening here, so where you get the notion that someone here has this mythical basketball knowledge is beyond me. I suppose it's a form of elitism that allows some of you to feel adequate. Whatever blows your skirt up.

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:13 PM
LOL

Butt hurt BNSFs

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
lol ignore list
lol namlook

I have no idea what namlook means. Maybe it's some fag code but you need to move on. No ass here Pierre.

ohmwrecker
01-14-2011, 06:16 PM
Epic Meltdown Thread tbh.

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Epic Meltdown Thread tbh.

Epic? You must have shitty standards if you think a thread on a basketball homer forum is anything close to "epic".

Also, fair warning, if one of the BNSFs come to a sudden stop your head will be so far up their ass it might require the jaws of life to remove it.

anakha
01-14-2011, 06:26 PM
This thread took a quick turn for the retarded.

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:28 PM
This thread took a quick turn for the retarded.
The forum took that turn years ago.

You cannot say anything but nut praise without pissing off the player fans.

anakha
01-14-2011, 06:32 PM
The forum took that turn years ago.

Hmmm...

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Hmmm...

Great work Horatio!

Yeah, you cannot go back on the forum and read posts, and you obviously cannot read posts without joining.

I've posted at ESPN since 2001, and followed this forum for many years just didn't join it.

Not everyone who just registered just learned about the game. Shocker I know, since so many here feel special and all. :toast

anakha
01-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Great work Horatio!

Yeah, you cannot go back on the forum and read posts, and you obviously cannot read posts without joining.

I've posted at ESPN since 2001, and followed this forum for many years just didn't join it.

Not everyone who just registered just learned about the game. Shocker I know, since so many here feel special and all. :toast

Defensive much? :lol

And you completely missed my point: if this forum was already too 'retarded' for your unquestionably sound and invaluable basketball takes years ago, why join in the first place?

DMC
01-14-2011, 06:59 PM

And you completely missed my point: if this forum was already too 'retarded' for your unquestionably sound and invaluable basketball takes years ago, why join in the first place?
You do assume much. I said it turned retarded years ago. I never said I didn't find it entertaining nonetheless. Retarded is ok for me. I like to mix it up and break some balls sometimes. I don't take it personally.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080310

I post as BigDtinyE (don't ask).

anakha
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
You do assume much. I said it turned retarded years ago. I never said I didn't find it entertaining nonetheless. Retarded is ok for me. I like to mix it up and break some balls sometimes. I don't take it personally.

Hey, it's Spurstrodamus!

Or at least someone with the same baseless superority complex he did. :lol

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:14 PM
I find it amusing that longevity on this forum is equated with basketball knowledge by those who have longevity here.

I find it amusing that you believe that sentiment was expressed in the post you quoted. Of course, it wasn't.

You know, you're not the first angry new guy who attributes the backlash he gets to some sort of conspiracy against new posters.

It's been done before.

It's been done better.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
I have no idea what namlook means.

It's the username of an infamous LakerFan poster who publicized his use of the ignore function. It didn't go well for him, either.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM

Completely missing the point has become his calling card.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080310

I post as BigDtinyE (don't ask).

The only balls you've broken around here are your own.

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Hey, it's Spurstrodamus!

Or at least someone with the same baseless superority complex he did. :lol
You seem to think you are funny. When you are the only one laughing, it probably wasn't as funny as you think.

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:36 PM
This message is hidden because Mel_13 is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

LOL

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:38 PM
You seem to think you are funny. When you are the only one laughing, it probably wasn't as funny as you think.

He's not the only one who finds your meltdown amusing.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:39 PM
This message is hidden because Mel_13 is on your ignore list (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist).

LOL

You really don't get the concept of the ignore list, do you?

KBP failed in much the same way.

anakha
01-14-2011, 07:44 PM
I seem to think I actually have some sort of knowledge on basketball. When I am the only one who understands my takes, I'm definitely not as smart as I think.

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
My ass hurts

anakha
01-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Why won't these SpursTalkers take my genius basketball takes seriously? :depressed

DMC
01-14-2011, 07:53 PM
:blah

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:55 PM
:blah

Quite possibly the most thought provoking thing you've ever posted.

benefactor
01-14-2011, 08:09 PM
lol getting raped in a discussion then resorting to the ignore list because of it

DMC
01-14-2011, 08:39 PM
lol getting raped in a discussion then resorting to the ignore list because of it
Nuh uh...

uh huh...

no you didn't

yes I did...

You call that raped? :lol

Besides, he's not really on the ignore list... :rollin

Now TP is doing what he's known for, driving the paint and scoring, but dishing when he sees the 2nd option.

Oh but, I must be wrong because *gulp* Tony's role has changed. He's now primarily a passer.

/forum

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Nuh uh...

uh huh...

no you didn't

yes I did...

You call that raped? :lol

Now TP is doing what he's known for, driving the paint and scoring, but dishing when he sees the 2nd option.

Oh but, I must be wrong because *gulp* Tony's role has changed. He's now primarily a passer.

/forum

meltdown continues

benefactor
01-14-2011, 09:02 PM
lol

DMC
01-14-2011, 09:16 PM
Tony Parker, 4 assists, 12 points.

What a role reversal for this guy!

http://www.funnyfailpics.com/pictures/Wrong_Way_Fail.jpg

anakha
01-14-2011, 09:23 PM
lol arguing against an viewpoint nobody gave

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 09:25 PM
He is back obviously all it took was a case of hating on Kidd.

DMC
01-14-2011, 09:28 PM
He read this thread and said "mon a mi!"

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 09:49 PM
He read this thread and said "mon a mi!"

You were having enough trouble in English.

ohmwrecker
01-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Epic? You must have shitty standards if you think a thread on a basketball homer forum is anything close to "epic".

Also, fair warning, if one of the BNSFs come to a sudden stop your head will be so far up their ass it might require the jaws of life to remove it.

You are obviously not familiar with my work . . .

You've lost the ability to detect exaggerated humor and maintain cognizant reasoning. You're too close to this one, kid . . . I'm taking you off the case.

Also, fair warning, stfu.

DMC
01-15-2011, 07:13 PM
You are obviously not familiar with my work . . .

You've lost the ability to detect exaggerated humor and and maintain cognizant reasoning. You're too close to this one, kid . . . I'm taking you off the case.

Also, fair warning, stfu.

LOL... what's wrong, the resistance too much for you Georg?

ohmwrecker
01-15-2011, 07:16 PM
LOL... what's wrong, the resistance too much for you George?

Je suis la résistance!

DMC
01-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Really? Because you don't appear to be. You appear to be a low rated fast blow fuse. :)

ohmwrecker
01-15-2011, 07:32 PM
Really? Because you don't appear to be. You appear to be a low rated fast blow fuse. :)

Link?

DMC
01-15-2011, 07:43 PM
Link?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4900416&postcount=152

ohmwrecker
01-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Are you trying to seduce me, Mrs. Robinson?

DMC
01-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Well you should relax and enjoy yourself while you are young.

Brazil
01-15-2011, 08:39 PM
You were having enough trouble in English.

Mel tu es injuste avec lui, il est tellement bon en français qu'il peut se permettre d'être créatif ce n'est pas donné à tout le monde... mon a mi... fallait y penser.

Blackjack
01-15-2011, 08:51 PM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSo5sThGGdRuDE9jDCkjceNe23ReQbA_ Hb6SsaR-IVd5qERmn5zDg

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOHNHNTuv9WV8qQ0odygZ3aoqOvvPPw OcEgqAdReAlemhDDzzJdus6Rs9U

http://www.prnewschannel.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/3251-E_Entertainment_Logo_prnewschannel.jpg

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSW8QULoS1KBY9AWrcr3HDVbT3pbtNPH oxpqV8SOA-K2OWQwRy78QqV3kn4Eg

Mel_13
01-15-2011, 08:53 PM
Mel tu es injuste avec lui, il est tellement bon en français qu'il peut se permettre d'être créatif ce n'est pas donné à tout le monde... mon a mi... fallait y penser.

At least, I think so.

DMC
01-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Blah blah blah...

Tony had 30pts tonight and attacked with reckless abandon. He was completely in charge of the team in the process. He didn't have 15 dimes. He was the TP (imo) we saw in the 2007 Finals. Those threes, the short jumpers, the layups, the constant, incessant pressure despite being turned back a few times early on.

Tony is doing fine, at least today. I am just fucking glad those of you who think he's trying to be more of a ball distributor have no idea what you are talking about, because that would be bad for the Spurs. GMs you are not.

blah blah blah meltdown butthurt u mad troll what-the-fuck ever.

What a colossal group of ass clowns, most of you most likely not even Americans.