PDA

View Full Version : Scott Wetzel: Bowen Doesn't Do Anything

bigbendbruisebrother
05-29-2005, 10:36 AM
Okay, I have a nomination for biggest retard with a microphone.

I was listening to Sporting News Radio on XM this morning, and on his show, Scott Wetzel claimed that Bruce Bowen, "does nothing, he just stands around." When a caller emphatically insisted that in fact Bowen should be named MVP of the series for the job he's done on Marion, Wetzel claimed that Marion basically is taking himself out of games. He said that Bowen has NO offensive skills (corner three, hello?) and also implied that having Bowen on the team is a liability for the Spurs on offense. Of course this comes from a guy who had predicted Suns versus Pistons in the finals.

Here is said retard's e-mail address: [email protected]

coachtf
05-29-2005, 10:40 AM
Bruce Bowen is as important on the defensive perimeter as Tim Duncan is in the middle. Wetzel is a stat guy. :drunk

myhc
05-29-2005, 10:41 AM
Scott Wetzel has always been a Spurs hater so this doesn't surprise me. Who gives a shit anyways. Bruce was voted 1st team defense and was 2nd in defensive player of the year voting. End of story.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2005, 10:41 AM
It's amazing just how many of Bowen's opponents take themselves out of games. Maybe Bruce has some kind of psychic abilities....

http://www.recongames.com/images/Mentok.jpg
We don't borrow - we TAKE the mind! Ooooooeeeeooooo.

IX_Equilibrium
05-29-2005, 10:44 AM
wetzel? who?

bigbendbruisebrother
05-29-2005, 11:19 AM
http://www.recongames.com/images/Mentok.jpg
We don't borrow - we TAKE the mind! Ooooooeeeeooooo.

"And in your case Shawn Marion, the mind will fit perfectly between my thumb and index finger. Hooooooohaahaaahaaahaaaha!""

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 11:28 AM
I've never emailed a sports writer or anyone else that I don;t really know actually.
But i just emailed this guy. I had to stick up for my man Bruce.
Here's a copy of what I sent, I'm afraid I may sound like a riled up mother hen in it, but damn it I was angry!

"Are you trying to get more listeners thru inflamatory remarks? As in : everyone stops to watch a car wreak ??

Bruce Bowen is INCREDIBLY talented on defense nad thtas what San Antonio needs him for, thats what they want him for... not offense. There are other players on the team for that. Not to say that Bowen is useless offensivly, he has a very sweet 3-pt shot from the corner that has surprised almost every team in the NBA.

Do you watch games or #'s??? Did your mother drop you on your head as a small child?
Well, it's ok. the world needs it's fair share of idiots .
I'm sure life would be very boring if we were all the same : reasonble adults with a keen intellect."

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-29-2005, 11:35 AM
All emailing him does is prove to the people who sign his paychecks that people are listening (and advertisers too).

The best thing everyone can do as far as all the dumbass reporters/sportstalk people goes is ignore them.

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 11:40 AM
All emailing him does is prove to the people who sign his paychecks that people are listening (and advertisers too).

The best thing everyone can do as far as all the dumbass reporters/sportstalk people goes is ignore them.

Well i did say I was angry.

angry= irrational :oops

Solid D
05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
If the guy you are assigned to "stay connected" to stands there, you stand there with him. If the guy you are assigned to "stay connected" to runs you ragged around and through multiple screens, you run around and through multiple screens with him.

Perhaps Mr. Wetzel forgot about Bruce's role in the previous series versus Ray and the Sonics or the series before that with the Nuggets.

violentkitten
05-29-2005, 02:38 PM
i think sending a sportswriter or a commentator an email because he pissed you off is worse than regularly posting on an internets forum.

Solid D
05-29-2005, 03:00 PM
E-mailing writers probably does little good. There is something to say for occasionally coughing up that fur-ball, though.

N.Y. Johnny
05-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Scott Wetzel is a moron along with Bruce Jacobs from Fox Sports Radio, how these 2 clowns end up on the air and on XM syndicated i dunno.
at least Bruno will be back on XM on SNR!

cherylsteele
05-29-2005, 03:15 PM
If I were to email this Wetzel charachter all I would say is "click"...as in turning off your uninformed show for a Sesame Street CD...at least you would know the purpose the CD.

ZStomp
05-29-2005, 03:48 PM
Who is Scott Wetzel ???

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 03:50 PM
To give you guys an idea, for every article that I write for WOAI, I get anywhere from 10 to 200+ emails. The more emails I get, the happier I am -- people are reading. So even if I get 200 emails that say "You are a fuckin' idiot", that's okay by me.

pjjrfan
05-29-2005, 06:45 PM
The coaches love Bowen, and in the end they are the ones who count the most, Wetzel is just trying to get people to listen to his show. So the more ridiculous he sounds the better he thinks he will do.

rayray2k8
05-29-2005, 06:48 PM
scott who again? :lol
just another spur hater man let it go..
not EVERYONE is a spurs fans you know..

Sense
05-29-2005, 06:55 PM
Ahh, I don't care..

I didn't insult him but instead guided him to get his shit straight..

heh, I didn't say a bad word in there..so I guess he will get a thought at some point.

FromWayDowntown
05-29-2005, 09:48 PM
To give you guys an idea, for every article that I write for WOAI, I get anywhere from 10 to 200+ emails. The more emails I get, the happier I am -- people are reading. So even if I get 200 emails that say "You are a fuckin' idiot", that's okay by me.

Kori and AHF are right, and most of you just feed the beast by sending some anger-laced e-mail to whoever has made you mad. They really don't care what you think, mostly, and you've given them proof that someone is listening or reading, which is the bottom line for them.

If you are angry because the speaker/writer's argument is nonsensical, I can see the point in writing, but really only if you can make some sort of argument that forces the speaker/writer to engage in some sort of inductive logic to see the flaw in his or her argument. Spouting something off because you're mad, though, is not generally a means to make arguments that induce any sort of reassessment.

Just my .02.

E20
05-29-2005, 09:54 PM
Just email him a death threat.

Brodels
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
Wetzel lives for this stuff. He's always been known for saying inflammatory things and causing trouble. That's why he thrives, and it's why people listen to his show.

You can e-mail him all you want to, but all you're doing is encouraging him to do it more.

And you've missed the point anyway. Wetzel speaks out of his ass half of the time. He makes crap up and talks shit for the sole purpose of getting people going. And it worked this time.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-29-2005, 09:56 PM
And if you really want to put pressure on him, email his boss, whether is the editor or producer, depending if it is a paper or a radio. The message should contain something like: "Since journalist X has a very poor knowledge, a bigoted and biased perspective, me and other readers (listeners) have adopted the decission to not buy your paper anymore as long as X person is working there(or listen to your show) anymore."

One letter like that alone doesn't mean anything, but if an editor or producer reads 20 or more emails like that, the writer will likely think it twice before writing something stupid when the deadline is close and the whisky hasn't worked.