PDA

View Full Version : mavfan thoughts on devin harris

Phillip
01-13-2011, 11:01 AM
what are yalls honest thoughts if Harris were to make a return to dallas, and dallas was able to keep Roddy through it all? how deadly could the future of a Harris/Roddy backcourt be?

Harris is better at running a disciplined offfense, while Roddy is clearly a more accomplished shooter. Both have a special ability to penetrate and finish tough shots, and are extremely athletic, displaying it both in their speed/quickness, and jumping ability.

Might be a little small, but they are still both capable defenders, as Harris has always been a solid defender, while Roddy is a good straight man defender but still needs experience in developing his team defense. His 6-10 wingspan helps a lot too. But their extremely explosive scoring abilities can make up for some of their size disadvantages on defense, forcing others to have to guard and account for them at all times.

Back to the present day though... I think Harris likely has matured a lot after having a chance to be the #1 guy on a team (and failing miserably, proving hes a #2 or #3 type option really). It would interesting to see how his efficiency will improve when getting to play alongside Dirk, like pretty much every player's efficiency jumps up in that situation.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2011, 11:12 AM
barea terry harris roddy

nice collection of midgets there.

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 11:12 AM
Harris is a good match for you at the current juncture. Whether he could thrive with Roddy is a moot point. You need something now to stem the tide of Butler's absence. Harris may indeed prove to be a more trusted commodity than Butler would have come the Spring. You need to make your stand this season, now. Kidd is almost cooked. Chandler has a very short shelf life. Dirk's body is starting to break down and be compromised.

Venti Quattro
01-13-2011, 11:13 AM
O & forever! Tee hee

Phillip
01-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Harris is a good match for you at the current juncture. Whether he could thrive with Roddy is a moot point. You need something now to stem the tide of Butler's absence. Harris may indeed prove to be a more trusted commodity than Butler would have come the Spring. You need to make your stand this season, now. Kidd is almost cooked. Chandler has a very short shelf life. Dirk's body is starting to break down and be compromised.

Yeah, I'm thinking Butlers minutes would be better off being distributed between guys like Beaubois, Harris, and Stevenson. Plus having Harris will take minutes away from Terry and Barea, which is a GREAT thing.

thispego
01-13-2011, 12:21 PM
what are yalls honest thoughts if Harris were to make a return to dallas, and dallas was able to keep Roddy through it all? how deadly could the future of a Harris/Roddy backcourt be?

Harris is better at running a disciplined offfense, while Roddy is clearly a more accomplished shooter. Both have a special ability to penetrate and finish tough shots, and are extremely athletic, displaying it both in their speed/quickness, and jumping ability.

Might be a little small, but they are still both capable defenders, as Harris has always been a solid defender, while Roddy is a good straight man defender but still needs experience in developing his team defense. His 6-10 wingspan helps a lot too. But their extremely explosive scoring abilities can make up for some of their size disadvantages on defense, forcing others to have to guard and account for them at all times.

Back to the present day though... I think Harris likely has matured a lot after having a chance to be the #1 guy on a team (and failing miserably, proving hes a #2 or #3 type option really). It would interesting to see how his efficiency will improve when getting to play alongside Dirk, like pretty much every player's efficiency jumps up in that situation.

lol Phyllis
boobwa has not done shit, why are you and fellow mav fan gagging on his cock already?

mavsfan1000
01-13-2011, 12:22 PM
He would be a great fit beside Kidd as Kidd is better at guarding 2 guards anyway. I always thought if we traded Terry instead of Harris the chemistry would've gelled.

Phillip
01-13-2011, 01:56 PM
lol Phyllis
boobwa has not done shit, why are you and fellow mav fan gagging on his cock already?

because of the way he made the entire spurs team last year gag on his cock after he nearly singlehandedly won a game, only for carlisle to be a dumbass and pull him for terry.

ElNono
01-13-2011, 02:01 PM
He would be a second scoring option. The question is how coachable he's willing to be. He would need to go back to being second banana to Dirk.

Phillip
01-13-2011, 04:00 PM
He would be a second scoring option. The question is how coachable he's willing to be. He would need to go back to being second banana to Dirk.

im sure after the way Dirk carried his ass to the finals in 06 and the epic failure that harris has been as the #1 in new jersey, he would be okay with being a #2 behind Dirk.

Roddy Beaubois
01-13-2011, 04:03 PM
lol Devin Harris. We don't need another tweener.

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 04:07 PM
lol Devin Harris. We don't need another tweener.

Hey, daddy-O, beggars can't be choosers. Shit, or, get off the pot.

ElNono
01-13-2011, 04:16 PM
im sure after the way Dirk carried his ass to the finals in 06 and the epic failure that harris has been as the #1 in new jersey, he would be okay with being a #2 behind Dirk.

I'm not that sold on that. I'm not even sure that he believes he's been a failure as a #1 option in NJ. I mean, I do agree with you that he has been. But I'm not really sure Devin thinks that.
I mean, I can see where he could think that he wasn't really given a chance to be #1 on a team that basically tanked the season.

ElNono
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
The other thing with Devin is his injuries. That was a problem already when he was in Dallas last time.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-13-2011, 04:17 PM
No to another tweener. The love for Harris on certain Maverick forums is laughable

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Harris has changed a lot since he left the Mavs..he's a horrible defender, he takes horrible shots, he's the anti-clutch, he has a soft mentality..the Mavs would have to hope that he erases all the bad habits he has picked up since leaving..

Furthermore, as TC said above, why would the Mavs want to acquire another small player?..they already have Beaubois, Terry and Barea there..

Even though it may not be ideal, the Mavs wi have to pick from Jackson, Wallace, Iggy or somebody else of that caliber..

Roddy Beaubois
01-13-2011, 05:52 PM
tbh after thinking about it a little, it wouldn't be a terrible move.
It would (hopefully) completely erase JJB from the lineup. And JJB plays 20 mpg, so theres a lot of Devin minutes already.Its safe to say that Devin>JJB, so theres an improvement already. It would also not make us as reliant on Terry. His minutes would hopefully decrease a bit as well.
I don't think its a great move, but if theres nothing else out there it is a decent one.

monosylab1k
01-13-2011, 05:58 PM
Why would Avery trade away his beloved son? I still don't it. I mean Avery told us all that he was 100% against trading Harris the first time, that he developed Harris into a 20/10 point guard, and that Harris was like his only-begotten son. Why would he trade him away now that they've reunited????????????

monosylab1k
01-13-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm for the trade only because it exposes Avery as even more of a dishonest fraud.

frodo
01-13-2011, 07:52 PM
my honest suggestion is getting all the old gangstas back. we were a champion team back in the 06, we achieved great success that year. get rid of Stevenson/Kidd/TC/Marion/Butler and get back all those 06' gangstas who're still playing, we stacked

smokey, stack, desagana, daniels, harris, or even van horn etc... we stacked

4>0rings
01-13-2011, 09:06 PM
Remember Mavfan, he's pure garbage.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 02:45 AM