PDA

View Full Version : Pretty good rock show at Jack's tonight...

chreph
01-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I realize this will probably be scoffed but from my lurking, I'm sure there will be a few people who dig this...

If you're familiar with the band Evans|Blue, you probably know that they have a new singer for their 3rd album (and now sound like every other generic band out there) but the old singer carried on with a new band that I think is pretty damn good. They've played here a couple of times (even shot their last video here in SA) to some pretty small crowds but are much more popular in Houston and I thought I'd do my part to see if they can play for more than 30-45 people this time lol. They sound great live (the singer can actually SING) and play a bunch of his older Evans|Blue songs, too - Cold (But I'm Still Here) being the most popular. Here's some songs from their new album to give you an idea of what they sound like if you're interested in going ($10 cover, $2 domestics I believe):

R5xe1czaJVY

O4Y-AK8Pu8I

2FOvvUtTFso

KEtNsw8g5Qg

wZDyemDgNyE

Viva Las Espuelas
01-13-2011, 12:41 PM
My fav album of theirs is Aenima.

METALMiKE
01-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I'll pass.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
I've passed on them since Lateralus.

ohmwrecker
01-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Nobody cares about your shitty band.

Fermixalot
01-13-2011, 01:11 PM
glad to see the rock/metal scene fans are still top notch in SA.

Fuck that, I'm staying in Austin with the hipsters that actually go to shows.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-13-2011, 01:24 PM

Viva Las Espuelas
01-13-2011, 01:25 PM

chreph
01-13-2011, 02:12 PM
glad to see the rock/metal scene fans are still top notch in SA.

Fuck that, I'm staying in Austin with the hipsters that actually go to shows.

:lol So very true... I don't understand how any furniture stores can go out of business in this city when couches are option # 1 for 99% of the residents here no matter what the event/cost is (excluding Fiesta, which a "2012"-style disaster scene couldn't stop).

Also, the reaction was actually lighter than expected... I'm not sure sarcastically comparing them to Tool is even much of a bad thing lol.

And for the hipsters, they're indie! They're so indie they have to catch rides to their meet up city and sleep at friends' houses when they tour... catch 'em before they "sell out" :king lol

koriwhat
01-13-2011, 02:55 PM
too girly for me.

i was going to go to jack's last night even though i hate the crowd there. i am glad i didn't go after all... getting a quick drink at a shitty bar is just shitty.

Girasuck
01-13-2011, 10:01 PM
Evans Blue is a better band without Kevin and I completely disagree with your quote about them sounding like any other band now with Dan. Anyone that thinks this isn't much of a musical junkie.

I see it as a win/win for both. Kevin's musical voice fits Parabelle just fine, while Evans Blue sounds better than ever with Dan and you can hear it in their latest album.