PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine O’Neal Contemplating Surgery

Mel_13
01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
Jermaine O’Neal discussed his lingering knee problems on the Dale & Holley show on WEEI this morning.

“We actually had a little evaluation this morning about something that may or may not have to be done,” said O’Neal. “Just to put a couple of scenarios behind me.”

That something is surgery, a course of action O’Neal and the Celtics have contemplated from the early part of the season.

“Yeah, that was definitely something we talked about the first time I was out for the extended period of time,” said O’Neal. “We wanted to try a couple of options and we may be looking at that situation now.”

O’Neal went on to note that it was possible he’d not have surgery until the end of the season but indicated he’d be speaking with doctors later today, after which he and the Celtics would reach a decision on how best to proceed.

“You don’t want to miss an extended period of time. I already did that. So, you make your decisions as a player. You listen to the staff, and if they have a certain way, then you try that. And if that doesn’t work, you’ve got to go with the next best scenario.”

The Celtics’ PF/C has played in only 16 games this season, averaging 5.1 points and 3.8 rebounds in 17.8 minutes per game.

http://celticshub.com/2011/01/13/jermaine-oneal-contemplating-surgery/

cheguevara
01-13-2011, 03:14 PM
he brings nothing to the celtics IMO. Except a big body but those can be found elsewhere

BanditHiro
01-13-2011, 03:15 PM
fucking moron should have signed with the spurs in 2004 and he would have had a long healthy career and the spurs would have had 6 instead of 4 championships

JamStone
01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
shocking

HarlemHeat37
01-13-2011, 03:21 PM
He's one of the worst players in the NBA at this point, watching him is painful..

Killakobe81
01-13-2011, 03:24 PM
He's one of the worst players in the NBA at this point, watching him is painful..

Wouldnt go THAT far but the lack of explosion makes him a horrible finisher at the rim. Rondo PP and others drop dimes but he cant finish what they create ...

kamikazi_player
01-13-2011, 03:26 PM
This gives more reason for Sheed to come back to the Celtics.

bostonguy
01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
Not a shocker. I'd rather have Sheed anyways (assuming he does return to the Celts).

Killakobe81
01-13-2011, 03:30 PM
sheed is not the answer ...they need KG 100% and Perk able to foul and protect the rim come May ...with shaq and Big baby that is plenty of depth it's not like the heat Magic or Bulls are blessed with size and they should be able to handle the Lakers or spurs with those 4 bigs ...you cant play them all anyway ...

NRHector
01-13-2011, 03:44 PM
He should be comtemplating retirement

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 04:06 PM
Hell, Jermaine was hot on our radar before West bequeathed us Gasol.

tee, hee.