PDA

View Full Version : Blazers announce guard Brandon Roy will undergo arthroscopic surgery on both knees

ace3g
01-13-2011, 04:33 PM
SpearsNBAYahoo Marc J. Spears
Blazers announce guard Brandon Roy will undergo arthroscopic surgery on both knees next week.

DesignatedT
01-13-2011, 04:38 PM
lol

kamikazi_player
01-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Why is this a lol?

tlongII
01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
Non-issue.

Brazil
01-13-2011, 05:06 PM
sad news both knees ? wow

is portland the unluckiest sport franchise ever ? jordan, durant, oden, roy....

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-13-2011, 05:22 PM
Blazers may just have all the bad-luck on their sides.

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Non-issue.

:lol

lefty
01-13-2011, 05:23 PM
Non knee-sue

Giuseppe
01-13-2011, 05:29 PM
^That girl has fake titties, bleached hair and caps.

DeadlyDynasty
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Non knee-sue

this one belongs in the lefty HOF

Killakobe81
01-13-2011, 05:34 PM
non tissue ... but I can't laugh. i like the old Drexler squads and man what has happened to them can no longer be considered bad luck ..."the curse of the Bowie-bino"?

Good luck to roy hope he recovers like Grant hill but I always thought he was overrated ...pre-injury.

4>0rings
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I fail to see any errors.

tlongII
01-13-2011, 09:19 PM

Do you think those are caps? Or implants?

LkrFan
01-13-2011, 09:47 PM
I hope this works out for him. His game is more complete than Wade's when he is healthy. He was easily the 2nd best SG in the league when he was healthy. Here's to a speedy recovery. :toast

Ace
01-13-2011, 09:50 PM
I hope this works out for him. His game is more complete than Wade's when he is healthy. He was easily the 2nd best SG in the league when he was healthy. Here's to a speedy recovery. :toast

LkrFan once again showing his stupidity has no bounds. Roy better than Wade? Gtfo

LkrFan
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM
LkrFan once again showing his stupidity has no bounds. Roy better than Wade? Gtfo
When healthy, yes without a doubt. Better 3 pt shooter. Better midrange game. Better passer. I mean, Roy has a complete game. He just don't have the refs in his back pockets like Wade does. Take away both players FTAs and tell me who averages more ppg. :lol

tlongII
01-13-2011, 09:54 PM

When healthy he's definitely better than Wade. I doubt he'll ever be healthy again unfortunately. :depressed

Ace
01-13-2011, 09:56 PM
When healthy, yes without a doubt. Better 3 pt shooter. Better midrange game. Better passer. I mean, Roy has a complete game. He just don't have the refs in his back pockets like Wade does. Take away both players FTAs and tell me who averages more ppg. :lol

Can you provide numbers or do you need me to once again make you look a fool? Its getting old, tbh.

LkrFan
01-13-2011, 10:23 PM
Can you provide numbers or do you need me to once again make you look a fool? Its getting old, tbh.

Wade averaged 50 Free throws per game in the 2006 Finals. Or did you become a Hype fan when they signed LeHype? Band-wagoner! :lol

Ace
01-13-2011, 10:29 PM

Wade averaged 50 Free throws per game in the 2006 Finals. Or did you become a Hype fan when they signed LeHype? Band-wagoner! :lol

Yup, just as I thought, you couldn't provide numbers backing the idiotic claim you made. So when all fails you just make another idiotic claim. You should just stop posting because each time you do, I have to come in and make you my bitch. Its getting old.

LkrFan
01-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Yup, your stupidity knows no bounds. You should just stop posting because each time you do, I have to come in and make you my bitch. Its getting old.
The bolded is laughable at best - so I will ignore it... and you still haven't dis-proven the fact that the only reason why Wade appears to be better than B Roy is FTAs. Truth be told, there is nothing that Wade can do better than a healthy B Roy and you know it. But carry on thinking that shit you little airmen beotch. :lol

Ace
01-13-2011, 10:51 PM
The bolded is laughable at best - so I will ignore it... and you still haven't dis-proven the fact that the only reason why Wade appears to be better than B Roy is FTAs. Truth be told, there is nothing that Wade can do better than a healthy B Roy and you know it. But carry on thinking that shit you little airmen beotch. :lol

Still can't provide numbers backing your claim? I already looked up the numbers and even removing free throws made from point total Wade still has Roy beat. So you might as give that up. Scoring doesn't equal an all around better player and guess what? Even in other categories Wade has him beat. You're a joke.

cobbler
01-13-2011, 11:49 PM

and 50% :lol

sefant77
01-13-2011, 11:57 PM
Blazers are allready celebrating that his last 19M year is a team option
Brandon Roy (http://hoopshype.com/players/brandon_roy.htm)Player
$13,520,500

$14,940,153

$16,359,805

$17,779,458

$19,199,110

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 12:03 AM
Blazers are allready celebrating that his last 19M year is a team option
Brandon Roy (http://hoopshype.com/players/brandon_roy.htm)Player
$13,520,500

$14,940,153

$16,359,805

$17,779,458

$19,199,110

No, it's not. It's 75% guaranteed and becomes fully guaranteed if any one of six different conditions are met:

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/blazers.jsp

Yorae
01-14-2011, 12:05 AM

But dude, they say he's well, gone.....:depressed

Giuseppe
01-14-2011, 12:08 AM
and 50% :lol

:toast

Blake
01-14-2011, 12:12 AM
is portland the unluckiest sport franchise ever ? jordan, durant, oden, roy....

...Bill Walton, an NBA championship, 90s finals appearances....neh, not the unluckiest.

on the flip side, the Spurs are far and away the luckiest franchise, imo.

duncan228
01-23-2011, 12:02 AM
Blazers’ Roy says he hopes to return this season (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-trailblazers-roy)
By Anne M. Peterson

Portland Trail Blazers guard Brandon Roy says he hopes to return this season after having arthroscopic surgery on both knees.

Roy spoke Saturday night before the Blazers’ game against the Indiana Pacers at the Rose Garden. The three-time All-Star had surgery on Monday, but said he had already done a little shooting on Friday.

Roy said that while he’d like to come back, he’ll try to be patient and follow the advice of team doctors. The Blazers have not set a timetable for his return.

“Now is challenging because I want to start pushing the minute it feels good enough and the doctor is still saying ‘Nah, we have to take it a little bit easier.’ So it’s tough,” he said.

Roy was averaging 16.6 points in 23 games, but his play was curtailed by soreness in both knees, which he says is caused by a lack of cartilage.

Roy was walking without crutches and sat on Portland’s bench for the game. He was greeted with rousing applause when shown on the video scoreboard.

The former NBA Rookie of the Year said he already noticed an improvement.

“There’s a slight difference with somethings that were going on that feel better right after the surgery. It’s just a situation where he was able to go in there and kind of debris both the knees and clean up a little bit of some problems that I was feeling in the right knee,” he said. “We’re optimistic that that worked.”

Last season, Roy had arthroscopic surgery to repair the meniscus in his right knee two days before the Blazers opened their first-round playoff series against Phoenix. He made a remarkable comeback and played in the fourth game of the series, which the Suns eventually won. Some have suggested that perhaps Roy returned too soon.

The Blazers have been hit hard by injuries this season.

Center Marcus Camby had arthroscopic surgery on his right knee on Thursday and will be sidelined at least three weeks. He was averaging 5.9 points and 11.3 rebounds in 39 games this season,

In November, the team announced that center Greg Oden, the No. 1 draft pick in 2007, would miss the season because of microfracture surgery on his left knee. Oden missed his rookie year because of microfracture surgery on his right knee.

Second-year forward Jeff Pendergraph injured his knee in the preseason and required season-ending surgery. And rookie guard Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Lu ck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_Luck_The_Fakers_ Williams has undergone surgery this season on both knees.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-trailblazers-roy