PDA

View Full Version : Attempt by Obama Operatives to Turn Memorial Into Political Rally Backfires

Parker2112
01-13-2011, 10:09 PM
On Wednesday night in Tucson, Arizona, Obama and the Democrats disrespected the dead and turned a memorial into a cheap and tawdry political rally for the re-election campaign of Barry Obama.

A few of the usual pundits and observers noticed the obvious attempt to gain political mileage out of the dead and wounded by the Obama machine.

“Never before in the annals of national moments of mourning have the words spoken been so wildly mismatched by the spirit in which they were received,” writes John Podhoretz (http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/prez_perfect_but_the_crowd_was_appalling_j08cf0Faj llkht0yZ4W7GM). “There was something about the choice of place, a college arena with the appropriate name of the McKale Memorial Center, that made the event turn literally sophomoric.”

The Washington Post (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/thefix/morning-fix/post-19.html) said it is not “offering a judgment on whether or not it was an appropriate tone for a memorial service, but rather that it made for at-times incongruous sounds and images on television.”

The New York Times (http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/13/obama-and-palin-a-tale-of-two-speeches/) skirted the truth when Michael Shear wrote: “Mr. Obama’s speech, delivered amid sorrow, offered a fresh glimpse of the candidate who used hope as the tool to inspire his [supporters].”

“This was more like an Arsenio Hall show than a memorial service,” Doug Lucas (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2011/01/was_that_a_memorial_service_a.html), writing for American Thinker, complains today. “Catcalls, standing ovations, whistling and the whoop, whoop, whoop of the crowd dominated the night. What should have been a somber occasion for reflection turned into another Obama pep rally. It was as if these students had their guy up on stage and by God they weren’t about to let a national tragedy get in the way of them having a good time and cheering on their messiah.”

From the moment a politically correct Indian invoked ancestral spirits it was obvious the event was designed to be a political rally for Obama.
The creepy zombie-like Obama supporters we endured during the election returned in force and completely overshadowed any solemnity intended for the dead.

Another indication Democrats planned to exploit the dead came when operatives placed “Together We Thrive: Tucson & America” t-shirts on seats in the lower sections of the arena prior to the arrival of participants.
On January 10, the University of Arizona announced that Team Obama had accepted an invitation to visit Tucson in response to the shooting on Saturday. “President Obama will speak at a memorial event at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 12 to support and remember victims of the mass shooting in Tucson, and to lift the spirits of those who have been personally affected by this tragedy,” UANews (http://uanews.org/node/36874) reported.

It takes time to design and manufacture thousands of t-shirts, a fact that leads one to conclude that Obama’s handlers had planned to exploit the tragedy soon after it occurred last weekend.

Rahm Emanuel (http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/ward-room/Emanuel-Recruited-Gifford-113280354.html), Obama chief of staff, once averred “never let a good crisis go to waste.” Soon after the shooting, however, Emanuel was quick to declare his political maxim “is not not intended for this moment, it doesn’t apply to this moment.”

The reaction of the Barry Obama faithful last night indicates otherwise. The corporate media is now predictably praiseful of the scriptwriter eloquence of Obama’s teleprompter speech. But with a few notable exceptions they have ignored the obvious fact that Barry Obama operatives decided before the smoke cleared in Tucson to exploit the memorial for political gain.

It is not an exaggeration to say that Obama has kicked off his re-election campaign on the bodies of Jared Lee Loughner’s victims, including the body of a nine year old child.

Even with the stench and pallor of the dead, politics never seem to change in the district of criminals.

DarrinS
01-13-2011, 10:11 PM
I don't think Obama tried to turn it into a rally. If anything, blame the university.

ChumpDumper
01-13-2011, 10:12 PM
I'm going to guess this is from one of Alex Jones' sites.

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 10:16 PM
I don't think Obama tried to turn it into a rally. If anything, blame the university.
I blame the organizers...whoever that is.

It took some time to print the t-shirts and materials, this had to be in the planning since shortly after the shootings.

They need to out the idiot that planned this.

That's one moron Obama needs to throw under the bus.

jack sommerset
01-13-2011, 10:25 PM
Not Barrys fault. Throw him out of the equations.

Why on earth were these fools acting like it was some sort of political pep rally. I seriously didn't understand that. 6 people died. More injuried. A crazy freak killed a fedreal judge, nine year old girl that was born on 9/11/01 no less, tons of different emotional stories and some of these idiots were cheering, howling, clapping hysterically at every turn. It was weird.

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Not Barrys fault. Throw him out of the equations.
I don't know how involved he was in the planning but, would it have been inappropriate for him to have said something at the first outburst? I don't know, something about the solemnity of the occasion or something?

Duff McCartney
01-13-2011, 10:41 PM
I blame the organizers...whoever that is.

It took some time to print the t-shirts and materials, this had to be in the planning since shortly after the shootings.

The University. They were the ones who spent the money to get the t-shirts made. And don't be a fool Yoni, it doesn't take weeks to make t-shirts. Those could have been ordered yesterday or the day before and been ready quickly.

CuckingFunt
01-13-2011, 10:47 PM
Nothin' says reputable news source like the phrase "creepy zombie-like Obama supporters."

Yonivore
01-13-2011, 10:54 PM
The University. They were the ones who spent the money to get the t-shirts made. And don't be a fool Yoni, it doesn't take weeks to make t-shirts. Those could have been ordered yesterday or the day before and been ready quickly.
I'm not a fool, I familiar with preparing for such events -- rallies, not memorials -- It took days...maybe only a couple but, someone had to come up with that catchy "Together We Thrive" slogan, run it through several layers of administrative review, coordinate the design work, find the vendor, decide on what would be made, how many, etc...

Seriously; t-shirts?

Someone should have sat down at a University computer, designed a memorial program with a tasteful cover full of scripture and facts about those that perished.

That could be done in a day.

baseline bum
01-13-2011, 10:58 PM
The right wing is still stuck on their Obama messiah complex? :rollin

boutons_deux
01-14-2011, 01:33 AM
Barry hitsa game-winner from 3/4 court, and Yoni-style ankle biters dictate to Yoni his take on the shot.

T-shirtgate: From meme to Malkin

Even before President Obama's speech at the Tucson memorial had ended, the right-wing grassroots was hard at work on the Twitter hastags #tcot and #teaparty trying to figure out what was wrong with it. With the exception of some fair-minded moderates -- probably RINOs now -- who conceded that the tone was presidential despite a raucous audience, most conservative tweeps described the event as tacky at best, opportunistic and manipulative at worst.

But one meme emerged fairly quickly: Someone distributed T-shirts with the name of the event, "Together We Thrive, Tucson & America." In the two hours following the speech, the second most tweeted link with the hashtag #teaparty was this: "They Couldn’t Help It… Team Obama Hands Out T-Shirts at Pep Rally Memorial." Incidentally, the top #teaparty URL was a troll-tagged Funny or Die video.

Interestingly, the most comprehensive version of the story was being spun by Michelle Malkin, even before the event, but never showed up in the top 10 URLs for #tcot, #teaparty or #p2. Nevertheless, the story is playing well on Memeorandum right now. In her piece, Malkin tries to argue that the T-shirts were part of an effort to "brand" the event. Eventually, she begrudgingly adds a disclaimer to the piece:

Update: As noted above, the University of Arizona announced the Together We Thrive event — and a few readers write in to say that the campus initiated the logo/campaign. Given U of A president Robert Shelton’s embarrassing, thinly-veiled partisan cheerleading for Obama tonight, it may indeed be a 100 percent-campus-initiated campaign. Given the Obama White House’s meticulous attention to stage prop details, however, I would say the odds of involvement by Axelrod/Plouffe & Co. are high.

http://www.salon.com/news/trending/2011/01/13/0_tshirtgate/index.html

============

Malkin is one slime-bag, slandering bitch. Is she a legal Real American? She looks like some kind of immigrant. I wonder what her revenue is from spewing slime?

San Antonio's very own right-wing media corp Clear Channel was forced to take down a Tuscon billboard with bullet holes in it, calling Rush L a "straight shooter".

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/clear-channel-pulls-limbaughs-straight-shooter-billboard-tucson/

Goddam, right-wingers are nothing if not relentlessly tacky cheap shots.

howbouthemspurs
01-14-2011, 06:28 AM
Obama is awesome! He clearly outlined what everyone was feeling at that moment and comforted the whole crowd!

RandomGuy
01-14-2011, 11:24 AM
I'm going to guess this is from one of Alex Jones' sites.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/attempt-by-obama-operatives-to-turn-memorial-into-political-rally-backfires.html

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
January 13, 2011

Ding Ding Ding!

(edit)
Most ironic comment:

Follower of Alex Jones calling Obama supporters "creepy".

RandomGuy
01-14-2011, 03:27 PM
bump. cause it needs to be next to the other thread for full parody effect

Winehole23
01-14-2011, 03:30 PM
lol at fake umbrage over people who were maybe a little too excited to see the president in person

DarrinS
01-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Obama is awesome!

I want a bumper sticker that says this. My friends will get the joke.

MaNuMaNiAc
01-14-2011, 04:09 PM
I don't know how involved he was in the planning but, would it have been inappropriate for him to have said something at the first outburst? I don't know, something about the solemnity of the occasion or something?

the fact you don't think it would have been inappropriate for the president to lecture those people on how they should be mourning says quite a lot about your grasp of politics.