PDA

View Full Version : The Tantrum

Guru of Nothing
05-29-2005, 12:05 PM
Anyone got a gif of the footstomping tantrum Amare threw when Beno "tripped" him. He certainly puts the child in manchild.

Feel free to vent in this thread over all the non-calls on Amare.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I thought that was Hunter, who for some reason was getting star treatment all night.

Guru of Nothing
05-29-2005, 12:10 PM
I did confuse the two at times last night.

So, who was it?

Timmy21
05-29-2005, 12:13 PM
Amare

boutons
05-29-2005, 12:13 PM
No, it was definitely Amare, lying on his back vibrating a like a huge dildo, what a dickhead.

ChumpDumper
05-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I guess he ended up with the ball. Coulda sworn Hunter had been fouled by Beno's back.

GrandeDavid
05-29-2005, 12:35 PM
They were losing, he was hotheaded. It happens. But yeah, I see your point.

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 12:38 PM
No calls on amare:

WTF was that???? is was sooo freakin obvious!! Is there some get out of jail free card for basketball that I was not informed about???
Ofcourse if anyone mentions this to Stern I'm sure he'll fine you into oblivion... even me.. I'm sure Stern would come ot my house and take everythgin of value.

I'm turning into a real paranoid, but how could you not after that bull crap last night?
Amare should've just nailed some steps onto Tim's back, it would've been easier.

shelshor
05-29-2005, 01:55 PM
No, it was definitely Amare, lying on his back vibrating a like a huge dildo, what a dickhead.

Maybe he needed to do more pushups before his last free throw attempt

timvp
05-29-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't really have any problem with Amare this series. He's playing so hard that it's difficult to not just respect him. I don't know if I've seen an opposing player play harder in the playoffs than Amare. There were times last night where Steve Nash just quit on plays, but Amare kept fighting.

I've even seen Tim Duncan give up in the playoffs after a few tough losses, so what Amare is doing is pretty amazing.

Mark in Austin
05-29-2005, 02:22 PM
If Amare works as hard to improve himself defensively in the next few seasons as he has offensively, he's going to be the most dominant player in the league before he's 25.

SPARKY
05-29-2005, 02:35 PM
He's a hoss.

I'm still kind of surprised that D'Antoni thought he could simply try to outrun the Spurs. He has enough bigman chumps on his bench as well as guys who can score in the half court. He could've tried to emulate Seattle's gameplan. Marion as your 4 isn't going to get you past the Spurs.

Solid D
05-29-2005, 02:41 PM
The officiating wasn't too good last night, I'll agree. The Beno trip and subsequent foul call was just riduculous...very...Olympics circa 1972.

Amare is frustrated. He can't guard Timmy. Not in a million years.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM

I like the simile, boutons, but accuracy is important on a forum as central to the advancement of world knowledge as SpursTalk. Here's the correction: dildos don't vibrate. Vibrators vibrate, but dildo's are inanimate unless furiously worked by hands like Ray Allen's or in the case of Joe Johnson, strapped on (there's a photoshop project in there, IMO).

foodie2
05-29-2005, 03:37 PM
Amare is amazing on offense. He's a liability on defense. He only wants to work at things that make for highlight reel material, like dunks and power-blocks. He is an embarrassment emotionally (i.e., pushups, staredowns, and that lovely temper tantrum lying flat on his back).

Bottom line--he needs to grow up. His potential is limitless, but IMO, he won't realize his full potential until he does.

ducks
05-29-2005, 03:40 PM
I think amare will go to big mans camp and you will really see a better amare
and dare I say amare will be much greater then james next year

leemajors
05-29-2005, 04:16 PM
i wanna see some voskuhl, he has championship experience!!

Guru of Nothing
05-29-2005, 07:38 PM
I don't really have any problem with Amare this series. He's playing so hard that it's difficult to not just respect him. I don't know if I've seen an opposing player play harder in the playoffs than Amare. There were times last night where Steve Nash just quit on plays, but Amare kept fighting.

I've even seen Tim Duncan give up in the playoffs after a few tough losses, so what Amare is doing is pretty amazing.

Amare plays hard because he is getting the calls - trips Beno; pushes Parker out of bounds; shoves ball into Nazr's chest. Those are three BLATANT calls ignored.

I'm not as impressed as you.

OnlyOneGinobili
05-29-2005, 07:39 PM
ahhh that was classic, If someone has that, you're the shit. oh yeah.. what alittle bitch.

timvp
05-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Amare plays hard because he is getting the calls - trips Beno; pushes Parker out of bounds; shoves ball into Nazr's chest. Those are three BLATANT calls ignored.

I'm not as impressed as you.

First of all, it was tough to tell live whether Beno tripped Amare or the other way around. It was a bad play by Beno to dribble the ball up the middle of the court with players behind him. That's like rule #1 when being a point guard -- to know where the opposing players are so you don't get stripped from behind. Amare didn't foul Parker on that play. Parker tried to save it and Amare tried to take it away. When their bodies collided, of course Parker is going to get the brunt of it. I don't know what Nazr play you are talking about but it's legal to shove the ball into someone's chest.

At 22, he's showing more heart than Duncan did the last time he was in that situation. Remember when the Spurs lost two games at home and then went on the road against the Lakers? Duncan gave up before he even stepped on the court and finished with 9 points on 3-14 shooting. That was a pitiful performance. I would have loved if he tripped and pushed someone, or at least shove a ball in someone's chest.

Amare is giving it his all. Pointing to the refs when he goes to the foul line only six times in 30 attempts when almost all of them were power moves attacking the basket is pretty weak.

Honestly.

orhe
05-29-2005, 08:13 PM
yep... amare still believed that they could win the series though his teammates has quit on him...
Phoenix is scary, if they could learn some defense before steve nash deteriorates they could beat the spurs.

SpursFanDan
05-29-2005, 08:18 PM
Sure Amare plays with heart... but seriously, he should of fouled out in the third quarter. They were letting him get away with alot of shit... traveling... offensive fouls, defensive fouls.. he didnt win the mvp.. dont treat him like Jordan. Sure hes a beast... and pretty much gets anything he wants on the offensive end.... but he doesnt play the game right, and the refs let him get away with that.

SpursFanDan
05-29-2005, 08:19 PM
yep... amare still believed that they could win the series though his teammates has quit on him...
Phoenix is scary, if they could learn some defense before steve nash deteriorates they could beat the spurs.

and thats assuming that they can keep every single one of their players on the roster... which I doubt. Theres this little thing called salary cap... and the suns players want more money.

Guru of Nothing
05-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Whatever!

Your Amare amore is amazing.

myhc
05-29-2005, 08:47 PM

:rollin

timvp
05-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Whatever!

Your Amare amore is amazing.

You got me there. You win.

Congrats.

:hat

E20
05-29-2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/wp0405_rd3gm3a_1024.jpg

HB22inSA
05-29-2005, 10:40 PM
I don't know if I've seen an opposing player play harder in the playoffs than Amare.
Uh, oh, I hate to do it, but I'm going to use your "that's possibly a top ten worst post ever" on you.

I know of someone, and he plays on the very team you supposedly root for.

If he played hard, he'd be a much better defender. He's more concerned about getting out on the break and slamming down an easy one than saving 2 points on the defensive end.

If he's such a beast and gifted athletically like everyone keeps harping on, there's no excuse for his matador defense.

He's young and immature, and the "fake success" of the Suns this year has just fueled that.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 11:02 PM
You have hot to be F'n kidding me. Amare had 6 free throw attempts the entire game. Parker hooked his arm as he turned for a jam to have the call kept on the floor and no free throws awarded. In game 2, Nazr was holding onto his leg while lying on the ground yet nothing was called. San Antonio shot twice as many free throws in game three as the Suns. In fact, San Antonio has shot more free throws than Phx in every game this series--and the Suns try to avoid fouling at all costs (hence their lack of defense). And for God's sake, Amare was tied for the most fouls committed with Nazr. You cannot tell me after last night's game where Duncan went to the line every time he was breathed on that Amare was getting all the calls.

Show some F'n objectivity.

timvp
05-29-2005, 11:08 PM
Uh, oh, I hate to do it, but I'm going to use your "that's possibly a top ten worst post ever" on you.

I'm not sure who you are talking about but it doesn't matter. If you read what you quoted, you would have seen I said "opposing" player.

In other words, Manu doesn't count :)

If he played hard, he'd be a much better defender. He's more concerned about getting out on the break and slamming down an easy one than saving 2 points on the defensive end.

If he's such a beast and gifted athletically like everyone keeps harping on, there's no excuse for his matador defense.

He's young and immature, and the "fake success" of the Suns this year has just fueled that.

I hate to break it to Spurs fans, but the Suns' game plan is to not play defense. They aren't coached to be a shut down team. D'Antoni is on record as saying that he doesn't want their players to foul because it slows the pace of the game. So, as a big man, if you are told not to foul -- it takes away a lot of what you can do.

Amare isn't a great defender, but then again he's a power forward with a small forward next to him. That would make anyone look like a bad defender. How good of a defender would Tim Duncan be if he had a small forward next to him for 82 games and the playoffs?

We'll never know because Duncan had a top five defender of all-time playing next to him when he entered the league.

Put Amare on the Spurs next to Tim Duncan and Pop would make him into an All-Word defender within a couple years.

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2005, 11:11 PM
Timvp just :owned you, HB22inSA.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 11:12 PM

2005 NBA Playoff Stats.

Stoudemire: 28.9 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 3.9 O-rpg, 1.4 bpg
Duncan: 25.1 ppg, 11.1 rpg, 2.9 O-rpg, 2.3 bpg

If at 22 years of age Amare can come close to covering the same defensive stats as Duncan, I think it's worth noting. 30 GMs would disagree with your assessment.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm not sure who you are talking about but it doesn't matter. If you read what you quoted, you would have seen I said "opposing" player.

In other words, Manu doesn't count :)

I hate to break it to Spurs fans, but the Suns' game plan is to not play defense. They aren't coached to be a shut down team. D'Antoni is on record as saying that he doesn't want their players to foul because it slows the pace of the game. So, as a big man, if you are told not to foul -- it takes away a lot of what you can do.

Amare isn't a great defender, but then again he's a power forward with a small forward next to him. That would make anyone look like a bad defender. How good of a defender would Tim Duncan be if he had a small forward next to him for 82 games and the playoffs?

We'll never know because Duncan had a top five defender of all-time playing next to him when he entered the league.

Put Amare on the Spurs next to Tim Duncan and Pop would make him into an All-Word defender within a couple years.
Shawn Marion is a freak. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Amare there for a rebound to have Marion swoop out of no where and get it. Marion averaged the 3rd most rebounds in basketball while guarding PFs despite being a SF by size. He's a freak.

ducks
05-29-2005, 11:19 PM
amare next to duncan would look MUCH BETTER ON D

timvp
05-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Shawn Marion is a freak. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Amare there for a rebound to have Marion swoop out of no where and get it. Marion averaged the 3rd most rebounds in basketball while guarding PFs despite being a SF by size. He's a freak.

A freak ... until he goes up against a good defensive player.

Catharsis
05-29-2005, 11:23 PM
A freak ... until he goes up against a good defensive player.
And averaging 10 rebounds in this series.

samikeyp
05-29-2005, 11:25 PM
I hate to break it to Spurs fans, but the Suns' game plan is to not play defense

some of us already knew that.

timvp
05-29-2005, 11:29 PM
some of us already knew that.

Congrats.

Spread the word.

samikeyp
05-29-2005, 11:33 PM
nah....those who don't need to learn on their own! :)

E20
05-29-2005, 11:36 PM
You gotta give Amare his props. He's been working on his jumpshot and rebounding.

samikeyp
05-29-2005, 11:37 PM
His jumpshot still needs work. When he hits it consistently, look out.

Spurodamus
05-29-2005, 11:49 PM
http://splashcru.com/images/Paulmooney1.jpg

The Phoenix Suns make the Spurs seem clutch.

HB22inSA
05-29-2005, 11:49 PM
I don't understand this whole "owned" stuff.

Timvp made a comment, I countered, and he made a good counter point.

I'm not competing with anyone here.

None of you know what being "owned" truly is. I have never, and will never be "owned" by anyone, in the true sense of the word.