PDA

View Full Version : really good article on chandler

Phillip
01-14-2011, 11:01 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1180699/1/index.htm

i think anyone can appreciate this article on chandler, whether mav fan, laker fan, spur fan, or even dumbass rocket fan

monosylab1k
01-14-2011, 11:02 AM
now if only Dallas could get a reliable PG/SG/SF/sixth man

and if injured players wouldn't stay out 10x longer than predicted by the team doctor.

Phillip
01-14-2011, 11:04 AM
it just really sucks that such a promising season might all be down the drain due to injuries to the teams 3 best scoring threats

djohn2oo8
01-14-2011, 11:06 AM
it just really sucks that such a promising season might all be down the drain due to injuries to the teams 3 best scoring threats

lol mavfan Complaining about injuries

monosylab1k
01-14-2011, 11:07 AM

lol rocket fan saying they're the 2 seed before the season.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2011, 11:10 AM
lol rocket fan saying they're the 2 seed before the season.

lol DaDakota, lol Barea

TheRealCB
01-14-2011, 11:15 AM

lol it's so sad I can't even laugh at you

oh well,fuck it :lol

sefant77
01-14-2011, 12:33 PM

lol rocketsfans too illusional that its still "bad luck" instead of blaming the great Morey that he didnt trade McGrady years earlier (Pistons) when it was clear that he will become the same injury prone than Yao...

But hey, its Morey...

djohn2oo8
01-14-2011, 12:49 PM
lol rocketsfans too illusional that its still "bad luck" instead of blaming the great Morey that he didnt trade McGrady years earlier (Pistons) when it was clear that he will become the same injury prone kjjthan Yao...

But hey, its Morey...

lol like Les was going to let that happen. Les drafted yao knowing that he would have foot problems...traded for mcgrady knowing about his injuries. Tbh all morey has done is stockpile role players. But like I said, using injuries as an excuse is lame. Its not like the mavs have the blazers problems

Greg Oden
01-14-2011, 01:11 PM
lol DaDakota, lol Barea

The Franchise also made that claim something to the tune of "don't be surprised when the Rockets are kicking the mavs and spurs ass on their way to the 2nd seed :toast", dipshit.

djohn2oo8
01-14-2011, 02:35 PM
The Franchise also made that claim something to the tune of "don't be surprised when the Rockets are kicking the mavs and spurs ass on their way to the 2nd seed :toast", dipshit.

Crofl "The Franchise"....and :lmao that they thought Yao would be healthy. Healthy or not, that was just a ridiculous claim

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 03:15 PM
Chandler is ok but he is really not that efficient or valuable or game changing except that the other Dallas bigs have always played so soft despite their ht and size - I am not so convinced he is really that much of a step up from other bigs yet. Chandler is not in the top ten in Hollingers' efficiency ratings for centers (not the whole story but one would have expected with all the pub for him to be the top 5-6 at least with the sorry state of NBA centers this year).

As proof - he blocks less and rebounds no more than that "old man" Duncan in about the same minutes and Duncan when he needs to be is a far better scorer (Hollinger considers him a center) and when push comes to shove in the playoffs are you going to trust Chandler to really step up and offensively he will not get so many of those bunny layups he gets now?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks/year/2011/seasontype/2
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds

Chandler is also potentially helped by the playing of a zone. If he is so damm good why do they need to play that so much? Also he is a young guy why is he always hurt?

DesignatedT
01-14-2011, 03:18 PM
chandlers garbage.

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:28 PM
spurfan with their usual takes

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Rummpd was actually putting together a decent argument (shocking for him) until he typed this gem:

Chandler is also potentially helped by the playing of a zone. If he is so damm good why do they need to play that so much? Also he is a young guy why is he always hurt?

jesus.

ElNono
01-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Roddy, I heard you're coming back soon...

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Roddy, I heard you're coming back soon...

2-3 weeks. Per the usual, singing yer praises, old horse, etc.

ElNono
01-14-2011, 03:38 PM
:lol

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Rummpd was actually putting together a decent argument (shocking for him) until he typed this gem:

jesus.

So what then is your counterarguement and by the way when is the "savior", i.e., Roddy B coming back? Obviously, one of the reasons is that your perimeter defenders suck relatively - see link:http://sportifi.com/news/Mavs-making-most-of-doses-of-zone-D-776359.html

and that funnelling into the a paint with length is a fine idea but is not Chandler quick enough to pick up a man vs. going to a zone so much? The counterarguement is that the more a team goes zone the more good teams learn and adapt to it and pick it apart and in the playoffs the good and great teams will do that, if so = so long Mavs again!

if the Mavs were smart IMO they would save the zone more for the playoffs and as a change of pace as it appears right now without Dirk and Butler the current defense is not stout enough to save the day anyway.

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:48 PM
So what then is your counterarguement and by the way when is the "savior", i.e., Roddy B coming back?

We play zone because Jason Terry and JJ Barea might be the two worst perimeter defenders in the league. The other thing you said is too stupid to even respond to.

And I just answered the Roddy question. Keep up.

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Also he is a young guy why is he always hurt?
:lmao this is just awesome. Groundbreaking questions you're asking tbh.

Phillip
01-14-2011, 03:52 PM
Chandler is ok but he is really not that efficient or valuable or game changing except that the other Dallas bigs have always played so soft despite their ht and size - I am not so convinced he is really that much of a step up from other bigs yet. Chandler is not in the top ten in Hollingers' efficiency ratings for centers (not the whole story but one would have expected with all the pub for him to be the top 5-6 at least with the sorry state of NBA centers this year).

As proof - he blocks less and rebounds no more than that "old man" Duncan in about the same minutes and Duncan when he needs to be is a far better scorer (Hollinger considers him a center) and when push comes to shove in the playoffs are you going to trust Chandler to really step up and offensively he will not get so many of those bunny layups he gets now?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/position/c

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avgBlocks/year/2011/seasontype/2
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/rebounds

rummpd with his usual dumbass takes, by simply finding ways to reach and make himself look smarter than he is.

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 03:55 PM
You responded with a very good answer to be fair but going to a zone so much in the end is going to haunt the Mavs unless they get better perimeter defenders or develop them (and Marion has a rep to be a good defender to be fair and he is not that much of step down from Butler defensively although not as reliable offensively) and learn to shift in and out more they may be screwed come playoff time. Time will tell = to be fair the Mavs are still a strong team and a real threat this year and Dirk is showing in his abscence his incredible value and IMO should be the MVP.

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:56 PM
rummpd with his usual dumbass takes, by simply finding ways to reach and make himself look smarter than he is.

liek he is yung!! Why he hurt all the tyme????

Roddy Beaubois
01-14-2011, 03:57 PM
You responded with a very good answer to be fair but going to a zone so much in the end is going to haunt the Mavs unless they get better perimeter defenders or develop them (and Marion has a rep to be a good defender to be fair and he is not that much of step down from Butler defensively although not as reliable offensively) and learn to shift in and out more they may be screwed come playoff time. Time will tell = to be fair the Mavs are still a strong team and a real threat this year and Dirk is showing in his abscence and should be the MVP.

I agree. Its going to fuck them in the playoffs, but Carlisle seems to play every game one game at a time. He is like the anti-pop. It fucked them last year when it made George Hill look like Ray Allen.

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 04:01 PM
Oct 2, 1982 is his DOB and he does have a history of injuries[/U]
He has had a least 3 years with missing a lot of time/games at a young age:

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tyson_chandler/career_stats.html

I lived near Chicago and Chandler was considered a great pick up, fell off the earth for awhile and has worked his way back to grace and he certainly has outworked his fat, overpaid and lazy compatriot (Curry: http://www.nba.com/playerfile/eddy_curry/index.html ) sitting on the bench for the Knicks [U]and he has developed into a relatively fine player

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 04:06 PM
Keep the faith the Mavs are still a damm good team and a real threat still to win the WC and the title; and with Cuban he is liable to spend whatever it takes or trade for the missing piece and if the Spurs do not win a championship for the loyal Dallas fans I do hope the Mavs and especially Dirk (a total class act as a player and sportsman whom signed an autograph for my young son at event in Germany where I lived as a military doc years ago) win one in the near future.

Ashy Larry
01-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Compton's Finest .....

BUMP
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
when push comes to shove in the playoffs are you going to trust Chandler to really step up and offensively he will not get so many of those bunny layups he gets now?

Whoever said we're going to rely on Chandler offensively?