PDA

View Full Version : Mavs 2nd best player?

jjktkk
01-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Who is the Mavs 2nd best player? In the playoffs, when teams try to take away Dirk, who are the Mavs gonna turn to on offense to help Dirk out?

Chris
01-14-2011, 05:51 PM
p3-eavMSBnk

u4lakers14
01-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Who is the Mavs 2nd best player? In the playoffs, when teams try to take away Dirk, who are the Mavs gonna turn to on offense to help Dirk out?

sasha pavlo-bitch,,,,,,, or something like that.

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 06:32 PM
The Jet is ready for flight Mf'ers ...oh wait

Roddy B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 06:33 PM
It should be Marion or Terry and both are competent players. Mavs are struggling now but it foolish to underestimate that team as Roddy Beaulois and others by the time of the playoffs can step up and Kidd has played well this year. If Dirk is healthy they are still a damm good and deep team.

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 06:40 PM
It should be Marion or Terry and both are competent players. Mavs are struggling now but it foolish to underestimate that team as Roddy Beaulois and others by the time of the playoffs can step up and Kidd has played well this year. If Dirk is healthy they are still a damm good and deep team.

Dirk and Terry (when he is on) makes them dangerous but if the Lakers lose to them in the playoffs as bothe teams are presently constituted I would leave here for a month no ELE bet necessary. Doubt they could beat teh Spurs either for that matter. But i would welcome that matchup in the 2nd round ... especially because I live in Dallas ... i could attend a playoff game ...

jjktkk
01-14-2011, 06:55 PM

Thats my point in starting this thread. The Mavs, rightfully so, are very dependant on Dirk's offense. Who on the Mavs can be a consistant #2 scoring option for the Mavs? My guess would be Terry.

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 07:04 PM
Mavs fans are screaming for the return of Roddy Beaubois who was very impressive at times last year and scary good in one game vs. the Spurs if he is healthy.

he did not play a lot last year but showed great potential: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/players/playerpage/1685240/roddy-beaubois
another site:
http://www.dmagazine.com/Home/D_Magazine/2010/November/Yes_Dalas_Maverick_Roddy_Beaubois_Can.aspx

Then came the game. March 27, 2010. Beaubois was battling Stephen Curry, the much heralded rookie point guard for the Golden State Warriors. Beaubois made a three, then another—and another. Mavs fans started lighting up Twitter. “Roddy B drains another 3!” He ended up dropping in nine of 11 three-pointers and 15 out of 22 shots overall on his way to scoring 40 points in less than 30 minutes of playing time.
“After the third three, I felt like, seriously, I couldn’t miss,” he says, smiling. “So every time I had the ball and had a little space—I’m shooting it.”
That season Beaubois became the first rookie ever to shoot 50 percent from the floor, 40 percent from behind the three-point line, and 80 percent of his free throws.

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:16 PM
From S.I. com (ian thomsen)

The champions. With the exception of the 2003-04 Pistons, no team won an NBA championship dating back to 1980 unless it had at least one of these 11 players. A list like this puts the chase for Carmelo Anthony into perspective: Does he have it in him to someday join this most impressive company?

6 championships: Michael Jordan
5: Kobe Bryant
5: Magic Johnson
4: Tim Duncan
4: Shaquille O'Neal
3: Larry Bird
2: Hakeem Olajuwon
2: Isiah Thomas
1: Kevin Garnett
1: Dwyane Wade
1: Moses Malone

Look at that list. Lebron looks like he belongs ... but most other teams right now are led by players that do not belong anywhere on this list.
All those guys have MVP's too ...except Thomas and wade who have both finals and All-star MVP's ...instead.

Bottom line is you need a true Superstar to win. the pistons are an anomaly, the exception ... hard to win without a superstar playing close to his peak ...

I posted this because 1980 was when i started watching the NBA and is considered the "modern era" ... and when i saw this, it is in line with my own view of the NBA ...

BlackSwordsMan
01-14-2011, 07:17 PM
4*: Tim Duncan

Dex
01-14-2011, 07:21 PM
Talent-wise, I would say Kidd.

However, with the game on the line, their second best option is Turtlehead. He's pretty much the only other player than can create his own shot.

Kidd can only camp out or create for others, Marion and Chandler need to be spoonfed, Butler is more of a spot up shooter, and nobody cares about the rest of their collection of rookies and dleague scrubs.

Giuseppe
01-14-2011, 07:23 PM
Killa, with a killer list.

Kobe ahead of Duncan looks so like right.

Killa, you was due for something special. Actually overdue.

The goodsPERIOD

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:24 PM
Also coaches that have titles since 1980 ...

1. Phil
2. Riley
3. Pop
4. Larry Brown
5. Rudy T
6. Daly
7. Westhead
8. K.C.Jones
9. Doc Rivers
10. Billy C
11. Fitch (thanks, mel)

Championship needs a great franchise type player and a pretty damn good coach too you dont have both very tough. You have neither you have no shot ...

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:25 PM
did the coach list from memory so im sure you will correct me if I am missing someone ..

jjktkk
01-14-2011, 07:26 PM
Killa, with a killer list.

Kobe ahead of Duncan looks so like right.

Killa, you was due for something special. Actually overdue.

The goodsPERIOD

Slurp, slurp, slurp.

Darrin
01-14-2011, 07:28 PM

Caron Butler before the injury. Now, I don't know.

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:31 PM
It was caron though terry was the next best closer to dirk onthe team ...

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:32 PM
From S.I. com (ian thomsen)

The champions. With the exception of the 2003-04 Pistons, no team won an NBA championship dating back to 1980 unless it had at least one of these 11 players. A list like this puts the chase for Carmelo Anthony into perspective: Does he have it in him to someday join this most impressive company?

6 championships: Michael Jordan
5: Kobe Bryant
5: Magic Johnson
4: Tim Duncan
4: Shaquille O'Neal
3: Larry Bird
2: Hakeem Olajuwon
2: Isiah Thomas
1: Kevin Garnett
1: Dwyane Wade
1: Moses Malone

Look at that list. Lebron looks like he belongs ... but most other teams right now are led by players that do not belong anywhere on this list.
All those guys have MVP's too ...except Thomas and wade who have both finals and All-star MVP's ...instead.

Bottom line is you need a true Superstar to win. the pistons are an anomaly, the exception ... hard to win without a superstar playing close to his peak ...

I posted this because 1980 was when i started watching the NBA and is considered the "modern era" ... and when i saw this, it is in line with my own view of the NBA ...

Seems like Kareem is missing from that list.

Mel_13
01-14-2011, 07:33 PM
did the coach list from memory so im sure you will correct me if I am missing someone ..

Fitch coached the first Celtic title team of the 80's.

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:34 PM
Fitch coached the first Celtic title team of the 80's.

thanks ... i knew there was someone ...he was apretty good coach but i was pretty young when he had his best teams ...

Killakobe81
01-14-2011, 07:38 PM
Seems like Kareem is missing from that list.

i didnt create the list ... I thought about adding him myself ... but i wanted to post it with no hidden agendas ....

Kareem definitely belongs on the list but in some ways I can see why thomsen left him off. If you focus only on 1980 on, Magic was the key player or driving force on all 5 title teams ...

sefant77
01-14-2011, 07:46 PM
Overall scoringwise healthy Roddy if he continues the way he played Game 6.

In crunchtime Dirk will keep on trusting Terry and he will brick as usual.

In terms of overall impact on both ends of the court i dont know if Kidd is still ahead of Chandler.