PDA

View Full Version : What the hell is up with ESPN/Bucher with LOL for the Spurs?

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 09:18 PM
Lovefest for the Spurs - "Rick Bucher says both Parker and Manu should be all stars, Bonner looks like he never should miss, that Duncan is the rare superstar who can accept a new role so gracefully and on and on"!

Love from ESPN and it continues into the halftime show with Pop as coach of the year?

Hell can freeze over . . . to be fair looking back at the pre-season predictions on the Spurs by ESPN's analysts = not as bad as I remembered:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Spurs

Sense
01-14-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not surprised coming from the analysts, it's been pretty obvious that the Spurs are the only team in the west playing great.. everyone else has had their ups and downs but the Spurs have stayed up there.

was that from Bucher? It sounded like Van Gundy said it

Amuseddaysleeper
01-14-2011, 09:29 PM
Yet JVG keeps saying "Spurs are the best team, Record wise"

le sigh

urunobili
01-14-2011, 09:41 PM
Hopefully Matty gets an invite for the three point shootout. He has been snubbed for a couple of years now.

Bukefal
01-14-2011, 09:48 PM
haha yeah Im surprised a lot of praise I heard for the Spurs in this game. Especially for TP

DMC
01-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Well just as they have stopped hugging Miami's nuts non stop, they have, probably though blatantly obvious DUH, started mentioning the best team in the league.

Rummpd
01-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Bucher is keeping on with his love for the Spurs and says it a shame Manu never selected more than one time is idiotic in the all star games.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Bucher wrote an article about how much San Antonio sucks. He's just a big fake. Fuck him.

But JVG has always been consistent about the Spurs as a commentator

urunobili
01-14-2011, 10:15 PM
Bucher is keeping on with his love for the Spurs and says it a shame Manu never selected more than one time is idiotic in the all star games.

The year Roy got in for the first time Manu was robbed. the other times are questionable.

alchemist
01-14-2011, 10:30 PM
Bucher vomits a little every time he has to compliment the Spurs.

Trill Clinton
01-14-2011, 10:34 PM

le sigh

lol I caught that too, asshole.

ElNono
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
It's just them... you put Wilbon or Mark Jackson and they find a way to talk about Kobe and the Lakers...

SenorSpur
01-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Personally, I was glad in the way Tim shut Bucher's question down regarding "what else the Spurs need to do to consider themselves championship contenders."

taps
01-14-2011, 10:54 PM
@SenorSpur:

What did Tim say?

BlackBellamy
01-14-2011, 11:09 PM
@SenorSpur:

What did Tim say?

He, basically, said that it was too early in the season to think about such things.

taps
01-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Thanks. Great response, I could spend hours thinking of an answer to that question and wouldn't come up with something half as good.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Bucher wrote an article about how much San Antonio sucks. He's just a big fake. Fuck him.

But JVG has always been consistent about the Spurs as a commentator

Bucher vomits a little every time he has to compliment the Spurs.

Yeah, Bucher is a Faker fanboy, nothing more. Pretty sure he sucks Kobe off after games.

Thanks. Great response, I could spend hours thinking of an answer to that question and wouldn't come up with something half as good.

Well you're quite a dumbass then since it was the obvious answer. ;) :lol

will_spurs
01-15-2011, 04:07 AM
Hell can freeze over . . . to be fair looking back at the pre-season predictions on the Spurs by ESPN's analysts = not as bad as I remembered:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview2010/news/story?page=Predictions1011-Spurs

Funny to read this now, it shows that as usual only Stein, Ford and Hollinger have a clue what they are talking about - the other guys are just fillers, really.

I particularly like this quote from Legler "Their days of winning 65 and rolling to the finals are over." when SA's best record is 63 wins and they topped 60 wins only twice... too bad this guys has been snatched by ESPN, I'm sure the E-N wanted him. Inaccuracy FTW!

mingus
01-15-2011, 07:08 AM
i've said it before and i'll say it again: the analyists for the NBA are fucking horrible and the worst out of any sport.

Van Gundy is a moron. he predicted the Heat would win 72+ games this year and he wasn't kidding either.

there are only a few who i'll listen to. Legler, McHale, Kenny Smith, and Reggie Miller make astute observations. the rest are horrible.

jimo2305
01-15-2011, 09:54 AM
i've said it before and i'll say it again: the analyists for the NBA are fucking horrible and the worst out of any sport.

Van Gundy is a moron. he predicted the Heat would win 72+ games this year and he wasn't kidding either.

there are only a few who i'll listen to. Legler, McHale, Kenny Smith, and Reggie Miller make astute observations. the rest are horrible.

yes very true..

i can't stand those espn commentators and analysts.. they sicken me and actually last night for the first time i watched a spurs game on espn this season and it didn't surprise me to see the nuthugging goin on.. they're so fake and unknowledgable about the team and i usually watch the feed on FSN..

legler mchale and smith are good guys and they give credit where credit's due.. i dunno about miller tho.. i don't like him for praising the refs saying "that's a good no-call" after brent barry got clearly elbowed in the back of the head by fisher back in '08..

Rummpd
01-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Agree with McHale he is so good as a commentator and so savy as a player it is hard to see how he ever was such a poor GM for the Wolves.

E-RockWill
01-15-2011, 12:12 PM

le sigh

This really bugged the shit out of me.

:flag: