PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone here ever worked at Whataburger?

Blake
01-14-2011, 11:27 PM
Went through the drive-thru tonite and got a couple of orders of chicken tender meals.

intercom guy asked "what kind of dipping sauce?"

I clearly said "gravy".

The receipt said "gravy."

I get home, open the container, take one big dip, and it turns out to be gag inducing ranch dressing. Open container #2 in the other box....same thing.

What I'm curious about here is if this was just some idiot employee trying to punk people ordering gravy, or is there any chance that this was an honest mistake. Personally i don't see any way it could be anything but a punk move.

Stringer_Bell
01-14-2011, 11:40 PM
If it was only ranch dressing, consider yourself fortunate. Haven't you watched "Waiting"? People at dining establishments put semen in white coloured foods. Thoroughly disgusting.

And don't complain! That just makes it worse. :depressed

Blake
01-14-2011, 11:51 PM
If it was only ranch dressing, consider yourself fortunate. Haven't you watched "Waiting"? People at dining establishments put semen in white coloured foods. Thoroughly disgusting.

And don't complain! That just makes it worse. :depressed

If I thought it was anything more than ranch, it would be very unfortunate for them, tbh.

and yeah, Waiting is an underrated classic, imo. Probably Ryan Reynolds best movie after van wilder.

IronMexican
01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
I caught waiting on Comedy Central a few years ago. Even though I had to put up with commercials, and blocked cussing, t'was good.

baseline bum
01-15-2011, 01:14 AM
The only funny part of Waiting was when the dumbass got his hopes up for a job from some rich guy, and it turned out he wanted him to work in his restaurant. That was a movie that looked great in the previews but delivered nothing but boredom.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-15-2011, 01:15 AM
A lot of stupid people work fast food drive thrus. They are just stupid. No hope.

Blake
01-15-2011, 01:19 AM
The only funny part of Waiting was when the dumbass got his hopes up for a job from some rich guy, and it turned out he wanted him to work in his restaurant. That was a movie that looked great in the previews but delivered nothing but boredom.

you sure you got the right movie?

crc21209
01-15-2011, 02:10 AM
Went through the drive-thru tonite and got a couple of orders of chicken tender meals.

intercom guy asked "what kind of dipping sauce?"

I clearly said "gravy".

The receipt said "gravy."

I get home, open the container, take one big dip, and it turns out to be gag inducing ranch dressing. Open container #2 in the other box....same thing.

What I'm curious about here is if this was just some idiot employee trying to punk people ordering gravy, or is there any chance that this was an honest mistake. Personally i don't see any way it could be anything but a punk move.

The same damn thing happened to me a couple years ago. I was fuckin' pissed....

BruceBowenFan
01-15-2011, 02:33 AM
you sure you got the right movie?

it is the right movie. I liked the movie, great all around.

Blake
01-15-2011, 02:37 AM
it is the right movie. I liked the movie, great all around.

I dont recall that part at all. Which guy was it and when did it happen?

BruceBowenFan
01-15-2011, 02:40 AM
i think it was somwhere in the begining, its pretty much a group of guys they are saying there orders and one asked how come you are not writing anything down then justin long goes oh i have a good memory then he proceeds to say everything back on the order, then guy then gives justin long his card.

blkroadrunners
01-15-2011, 02:47 AM
I remember a couple months or so, I went to Whataburger through the Drive-In.

Since a lot of fast food restaurants never ask if you want condaments, I told the lady at the pull-in if she could add some ketchup. She said that ketchup was already in the bag, so I drove off.

I pulled into the parking lot and found that there was none in there. I was pretty pissed, so I went back inside and probably grabbed at least 7 packs from the condament waitress.

I didn't feel like arguing b/c there was a big line at the drive through right after me, plus I was pretty hungry.

ploto
01-15-2011, 08:56 AM
I learned long ago to check the food before I drive off from the window. Sorry people behind me.

JoeChalupa
01-15-2011, 10:04 AM
No

howbouthemspurs
01-15-2011, 10:55 AM
I worked at whataburger about 11 years ago when they were awesome! But i got fired for being late too much. fuckers

Blake
01-15-2011, 02:39 PM
i think it was somwhere in the begining, its pretty much a group of guys they are saying there orders and one asked how come you are not writing anything down then justin long goes oh i have a good memory then he proceeds to say everything back on the order, then guy then gives justin long his card.

that guy never offered Long a job in the movie.

the manager did offer Long an assistant manager position though.

Sisk
01-15-2011, 05:42 PM
that guy never offered Long a job in the movie.

the manager did offer Long an assistant manager position though.

I'm pretty sure he did. He gave him his card and he was all excited thinking it was for a legit job but it turns out it was for some other restaurant being a waiter.

DMX7
01-15-2011, 05:54 PM
Thankfully, I never had to work at a restaurant, but at least the color is somewhat similar so it could have been an honest mistake.

jimo2305
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
i worked at whataburger..

i can't speak for other branches.. i worked off the one that's on 1604 and lacantera.. next to to the comfort inn.. but i doubt it was a prank but rather some new guy / idiot that can't tell the diff between gravy and ranch..

they don't got time to be jackin with people's food cuz they've got to meet a quota of how fast they can get your food out (ironic.. yes.. i know... lol..) and they usually get alotta customers and they want em out the way as soon as possible..

the last thing they'd want is for someone to come back and bitch about their food lol.. so yea.. more than likely it was an idiot

jimo2305
01-17-2011, 04:36 PM
A lot of stupid people work fast food drive thrus. They are just stupid. No hope.

c'mon now.. im not stoopid :D

The Reckoning
01-17-2011, 06:56 PM
i worked at whataburger..

i can't speak for other branches.. i worked off the one that's on 1604 and lacantera.. next to to the comfort inn.. but i doubt it was a prank but rather some new guy / idiot that can't tell the diff between gravy and ranch..

they don't got time to be jackin with people's food cuz they've got to meet a quota of how fast they can get your food out (ironic.. yes.. i know... lol..) and they usually get alotta customers and they want em out the way as soon as possible..

the last thing they'd want is for someone to come back and bitch about their food lol.. so yea.. more than likely it was an idiot

rofl when i was at utsa id go there wasted all the time. some friends and i had a food eating contest, chugged some 40s and ran a mile for the "justaburger challenge" there as well. good times...lots of puke.

Hooks
01-17-2011, 09:34 PM
I applied there before but didn't get hired, bastards!

They've never gotten my order wrong, not once which is awesome :D. I didn't even know they had ranch there, their gravy is the shit though.

I ALWAYS check my order right when I get it, gotta make sure they get everything right.

One time I ordered and paid for my food, got distracted and drove off w/out my food lol.

jimo2305
01-17-2011, 10:30 PM
rofl when i was at utsa id go there wasted all the time. some friends and i had a food eating contest, chugged some 40s and ran a mile for the "justaburger challenge" there as well. good times...lots of puke.

man.. i woulda hated that.. i worked overnights so it was mostly drivethru i dealt with.. it was my 3rd out of 3 jobs i worked at the same time back then.. i was always so tired and worn out when i clocked in lol.. the worst i ever did there tho was when i oversalted the fries.. i'd have no idea how much salt to put on the fries so i'd give the customer some salty ass fries lmao.. so if anyone here was one of them.. my bad :D