PDA

View Full Version : Dog for sale

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:16 AM
Not that political, unless y'all want to argue about laws prohibiting ownership of specific species. Just thought it was funny...

Dog For Sale

Free to good home. Excellent guard dog.

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

Most of them knew Jethro only by his Oriental street name, Ho Lee Schitt.

http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/files/2011/01/Ho-Lee-Schitt.jpg

jack sommerset
01-15-2011, 11:19 AM
George would love that dog.

boutons_deux
01-15-2011, 11:21 AM
Several $1000/year for a pet, no thanks.

johnsmith
01-15-2011, 11:25 AM
^^^You're a fucking idiot.

Yonivore
01-15-2011, 11:35 AM
^^^You're a fucking idiot.
Not a new observation.

CosmicCowboy
01-15-2011, 11:36 AM
They actually don't eat much more than my heeler. My son has one that weighs 165. They mostly sleep and drool.

Wild Cobra
01-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Is this for real?

I know someone who might like such a dog, but we are talking about here in Oregon.

Sandi will get a kick out of this:

Owner cannot afford to feed him anymore, as there are no more drug pushers, thieves, murderers, or molesters left in the neighborhood for him to eat.

I'll have to show her that.

boutons_deux
01-16-2011, 08:06 AM
Figure at least $5/day, probably closer to $10/day for a dog that size, for food for 365 days, plus vet/drug expenses.

Wild Cobra
01-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Is this for real?

What I mean is, do those dogs really get that big, or is that a photoshop job. I've never seen that breed, that big before. Must be a mix of a larger dog.

BlairForceDejuan
01-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Having a big dog is great, but it really sucks watching them when they get old. :(

CosmicCowboy
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
What I mean is, do those dogs really get that big, or is that a photoshop job. I've never seen that breed, that big before. Must be a mix of a larger dog.

No, male mastiffs can get that big. A friend of mine had one that weighed 285. The first time I saw him I pulled up in my friends yard (he lives out in the country) and the dog came over and put his front paws on my drivers window sill (on a tall 4X4 truck) and looked down into my truck. He was taller than the truck and actually had to lean down. His head filled the window. He just stayed there and drooled/slimed my window until Martin came out and told him I was OK.

Squints Palledorous
01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I've never seen that breed, that big before.

I have.

baseline bum
01-16-2011, 02:47 PM
I had a mastiff growing up, and it was an awesome and loyal dog. Lots of fun to play and wrestle with (until she hit about 220-240 or so :lol). As far as boutons' comment, having a dog does a lot to decrease peoples' stress levels, and you're on average less prone to heart attacks and something like 3-4 times more likely to survive if you do have one, conditioning on you owning a dog.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 04:37 PM
Having a big dog is great, but it really sucks watching them when they get old. :(

No shit, and Sandi was so sad when her Adrian died. He never got that big though.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 04:38 PM
No, male mastiffs can get that big. A friend of mine had one that weighed 285. The first time I saw him I pulled up in my friends yard (he lives out in the country) and the dog came over and put his front paws on my drivers window sill (on a tall 4X4 truck) and looked down into my truck. He was taller than the truck and actually had to lean down. His head filled the window. He just stayed there and drooled/slimed my window until Martin came out and told him I was OK.
Well, shows how much I know about dogs. I didn't think it was a mastiff, thought it was something else. The one I saw looked different, but is huge.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 04:41 PM
I had a mastiff growing up, and it was an awesome and loyal dog. Lots of fun to play and wrestle with (until she hit about 220-240 or so :lol). As far as boutons' comment, having a dog does a lot to decrease peoples' stress levels, and you're on average less prone to heart attacks and something like 3-4 times more likely to survive if you do have one, conditioning on you owning a dog.
I always question statistics like that. Is it the owing of the dog, or the type of person who chooses to own the dog, and other lifestyle differences? Statistics are not so simple.

Winehole23
01-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Dogs are a stress reliever. Believe it.

baseline bum
01-17-2011, 04:54 PM
I always question statistics like that. Is it the owing of the dog, or the type of person who chooses to own the dog, and other lifestyle differences? Statistics are not so simple.

Petting a dog has been shown to cause humans to produce hormones that serve to lower stress. The effect is similar in the dog too. See the PBS Nova episode entitled "Dogs Decoded".

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I agree, that is if you are the type of person that likes dogs.

Do you understand where I am going with this?

For someone else, it might be daily sex.

Someone else, a cigar every day.

Other, wine every day.

Winehole23
01-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Sure, man. You need to loosen up.

Winehole23
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
This is me saying this, right? lol.

boutons_deux
01-17-2011, 05:12 PM
I have other ways of relieving stress, staying healthy.

I have nothing against dogs, at all. It's just that the benefits of dog or cat owning I get elsewhere, without the expense and hassle.

I prefer to get the benefits of socializing from doing with people, not with animals.

TeyshaBlue
01-17-2011, 05:13 PM

My Chihuahua says, "You're funny, mang!":lol

Clandestino
01-17-2011, 07:34 PM
I have other ways of relieving stress, staying healthy.

I have nothing against dogs, at all. It's just that the benefits of dog or cat owning I get elsewhere, without the expense and hassle.

I prefer to get the benefits of socializing from doing with people, not with animals.

I can't imagine what his friends are like

boutons_deux
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
You are typically wrong if you think bitch-slapping racists, Repugs, bubbas, nativists, xenophobes, gun fetishists, conservatives, "Christians", Bible-thumpers, theocratic authoritarians, Constitution rapists is what I do with the normal, decent people I socialize with. :lol

jack sommerset
01-17-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm watching the gay dude on FOX and he showed a picture of a dog refusing to leave the grave site of his dead owner. That's loyality.

boutons_deux
01-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Yoni can't pull his lips off dubya's dick. That's stupidity.

MannyIsGod
01-17-2011, 08:10 PM
LOL @ the Squints post.

FOR EV ER

johnsmith
01-17-2011, 11:09 PM

Seriously? What the fuck is wrong with you?

You even have to be a douche in a thread about dogs?

SnakeBoy
01-17-2011, 11:12 PM

He doesn't own a dog.

Yonivore
01-17-2011, 11:21 PM
He doesn't own a dog.
I don't care who you are, that's funny, right there! Comedy Gold.

baseline bum
01-17-2011, 11:29 PM
He doesn't own a dog.

:lol