PDA

View Full Version : Tom Delay vs. Law & Order

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2005, 05:57 PM
Sunday, May 29, 2005 1:56 p.m. EDT
Tom DeLay Burns Over ‘Law and Order’

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay is mad about an episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" he says "slurred" him, according to a Fox News report.

In a letter to NBC executive Jeff Zucker, DeLay complains about a comment made when two of the show's detectives were investigating a right-wing group's connection to the murder of a judge:

"Looks like the same shooters. CSU found the slug in a post, matched it to the one that killed Judge Barton. Maybe we should put out an APB [all-points bulletin] for somebody in a Tom DeLay T-Shirt," Detective Eames (played by Kathryn Erbe) said in the episode entitled "False-Hearted Judges."

DeLay wrote, "This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse."

"Law & Order" creator/executive producer Dick Wolf responded, "Up until today, it was my impression that all of our viewers understood that these shows are works of fiction . . . but I do congratulate Congressman DeLay for switching the spotlight from his own problems to an episode of a TV show."

"I think it was a gratuitous comment," commented Bill Simon, a former California gubernatorial candidate and vice chairman of Paxson Communications, adding that the comment was a "typical example of Hollywood sliding out of the base pan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Dick Wolf slays me.

Guru of Nothing
05-29-2005, 06:30 PM
This manipulation of my name and trivialization of the sensitive issue of judicial security represents a reckless disregard for the suffering initiated by recent tragedies and a great disservice to public discourse.

Tom Delay resorts to the "reckless disregard" card.

Ironic.

E20
05-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Magic Johnson has .Law and Order's back.

http://nbaweblog.com/nba/gamepics/magic.simpsons.jpg
Well......you know what the only show that I watch is Law and Order here on TNT.

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Magic Johnson has .Law and Order's back.

http://nbaweblog.com/nba/gamepics/magic.simpsons.jpg
Well......you know what the only show that I watch is Law and Order here on TNT.

" Sometimes I just miss the dead bodies."

:lmao