PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh*T Man The Spurs Used To Literally Be The Mavericks

Calico_Jack
01-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Now I know we LA brethren gladly take our NBA titles from the time spent in The Land O' Lakes. LA and Minnesota are forever linked, we're like brothers. So it is only fitting that I bring this massive conspiracy theory to the table. Now since I don't really give a shit about these other teams ( outside of the Lakers, Clippers, and Wolves) I really had no idea. Surely I've never seen this posted in the NBA forum.

The San Antonio Spurs used to be the Dallas "Mavericks" and it wasn't all that long ago either. They started out in Dallas was bought out by a group of Mexican business men and then promptly changed their name to the Spurs. :lol This is some wild shit man. Dallas fan and Spur fan are essentially one and the same and I'm astounded at all the in-fighting going on between Mav and Spur fan, it's like self mutilation. If the Spurs have 4 titles then so do the Mavs. :lmao

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Antonio_Spurs

Roddy Beaubois
01-16-2011, 04:46 AM
I need about tree fiddy

greyforest
01-16-2011, 04:51 AM
No. The Spurs Used To Literally Be The Chaparrals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Literally

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dallas_Chaparrals

Hope these help!:toast

Calico_Jack
01-16-2011, 05:01 AM

So the Spurs originated Dallas right? WoW ! this is like finding out brother has been sleeping with sister, so incestuous.

Now I see why you guys fuss and fight like jilted lovers, I could never quite understand it, mavericks literally use spurs to go about their cowboy duties.

but now it all makes perfect sense, the puzzle starting to come together.

Roger Freemason Jr.
01-16-2011, 05:06 AM
Oh, so then I suppose all of the Championships the Lakers have won, also belong to the Clippers? -__-;

Calico_Jack
01-16-2011, 05:14 AM
Oh, so then I suppose all of the Championships the Lakers have won, also belong to the Clippers? -__-;

By virtue of playing in the same city and on a technicality. - YES. See we don't mind sharing. :lol that's the generous nature of Laker fan. But the main point here is that this little secret has somewhat been majorly overlooked for decades. It's widely known that Laker, Minnesota, and the Clippers are linked in some way. :lol However, this situation with the Spurs and Mavs need to be brought to the fore, the light, and sorted out. You guys are one in the same.

If I look at what I'm going to now start calling the San Antonio Mavericks roster you guys have Dirk and Timmy, plus J Kidd and T Parker, plus the Jet and Manu. That is a stacked roster. :lol

Calico_Jack
01-16-2011, 05:15 AM
spurs 4 rings plus the 06 mavs championship, 5 rings faggots

we need more people to think like you. that's the spirit son. Sarcasm and laughter are usually the first signs of long term acceptance.

LkrFan
01-16-2011, 05:58 AM
San Antonio Mavs! WTF? :lmao

koriwhat
01-16-2011, 06:05 AM

actually you're wrong... they belong to the city of lakes, minnesota, oh wait, michigan.

koriwhat
01-16-2011, 06:07 AM
Los Angeles Timberwolves, Detroit Lakers, Minnesota Lakers, or Los Angeles Pistons.

take your pick.

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2011, 08:50 AM
Los Angeles Timberwolves, Detroit Lakers, Minnesota Lakers, or Los Angeles Pistons.

take your pick.

actually numnuts Minnesota is originally referred to as Land of Lakes not Detriot....you fail...It's the very reason they are known as the Lakers.

great post Cali...

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Now I know we LA brethren gladly take our NBA titles from the time spent in The Land O' Lakes. LA and Minnesota are forever linked, we're like brothers. So it is only fitting that I bring this massive conspiracy theory to the table. Now since I don't really give a shit about these other teams ( outside of the Lakers, Clippers, and Wolves) I really had no idea. Surely I've never seen this posted in the NBA forum.

The San Antonio Spurs used to be the Dallas "Mavericks" and it wasn't all that long ago either. They started out in Dallas was bought out by a group of Mexican business men and then promptly changed their name to the Spurs. :lol This is some wild shit man. Dallas fan and Spur fan are essentially one and the same and I'm astounded at all the in-fighting going on between Mav and Spur fan, it's like self mutilation. If the Spurs have 4 titles then so do the Mavs. :lmao

gotdam son...the San Antonio Mavs...this is some funny shit...

YoMamaIsCallin
01-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Nope -- the Dallas Chaparrals were sold and moved to San Antonio in 1973 and became the Spurs of the old ABA. The Dallas Mavericks started as an NBA expansion team in 1980, 7 years later. There's absolutely no historical relationship between the two teams, other than the fact that they both played in Dallas, but more than 7 years apart.

Man In Black
01-16-2011, 10:31 AM
actually numnuts Minnesota is originally referred to as Land of Lakes not Detriot....you fail...It's the very reason they are known as the Lakers.

great post Cali...

Fuck that...The Clippers were once the Buffalo Braves, who then became the San Diego Clippers and then moved to Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Chargers became the San Diego Chargers and could possibly become the Los Angeles Chargers. The Sacramento Kings actually have a NBA title in their history as the Rochester Royals.

But fuck OP, the fact that you could spell incestuous makes it seems as if you have some sore of intellect, but then again, all one has to do is read you stupid ass postings and then be reminded what a douche bag you really are.

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Black, on the rag again.

Man In Black
01-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey, now that I think about it...wasn't your franchise once known as the Detroit Gems?
Maybe that's why Bean was so big at Zales :lmao :lmao :lmao

Man In Black
01-16-2011, 10:34 AM
Black, on the rag again.

This coming from the cocksucker who hasn't had pussy since pussy had him.

Reality G....Your life sucks :)

Leetonidas
01-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Guess the T-Wolves have 5 titles now

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 10:37 AM
This coming from the cocksucker who hasn't had pussy since pussy had him.

Reality G....Your life sucks :)

Black, on a tangent, once again.

buttsR4rebounding
01-16-2011, 10:49 AM

great post Cali...

True that...if they were actually named after LA they would be the Los Angeles Smog...

buttsR4rebounding
01-16-2011, 10:53 AM
By virtue of playing in the same city and on a technicality. - YES. See we don't mind sharing. :lol that's the generous nature of Laker fan. But the main point here is that this little secret has somewhat been majorly overlooked for decades. It's widely known that Laker, Minnesota, and the Clippers are linked in some way. :lol However, this situation with the Spurs and Mavs need to be brought to the fore, the light, and sorted out. You guys are one in the same.

Don't forget Memphis gets a share of the last 2 rings by way of a common GM.

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 10:55 AM
......Ipso facto:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

Ace
01-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Laker fan spent his/her Saturday night researching the Spurs... The good life :lol

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 11:35 AM
You spent your night shoppin' the Kotex aisle.

Ace
01-16-2011, 11:40 AM

I will not troll you Culby. Move along, let us proceed

Koolaid_Man
01-16-2011, 01:22 PM

:lmao...yeah Kotex for his pussy and Maxi-Pad for his ass...:lmao

Cully.

Gutter92
01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
Duncan: 4/4, 75% MVP

Kobe: 5/7, 28.5% MVP

Kobe was MVP of 28.5% of the Finals he was in

Duncan was MVP of 75% of the Finals he was in

That, my friends, is a 46,5% difference....:wow

jjktkk
01-16-2011, 02:07 PM
So how about the Los Angeles Timberwolves? You even have a Laker as the HC.

Spursmania
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Great thread:rolleyes

ohmwrecker
01-16-2011, 02:23 PM
Minneapolis and Fort Wayne got robbed!

Giuseppe
01-16-2011, 03:23 PM

Boiled down:::

Kobe: 5

Duncan: 4

Ace
01-16-2011, 03:34 PM
We all know Kool spent Saturday night fingering herself to Kobe videos on youtube.

lefty
01-16-2011, 04:35 PM

Timvp,

The Spurs have won all their titles in SA

Unlike the Lakers

vy65
01-16-2011, 04:55 PM
6ly1UTgiBXM

jARS mEsH sEt
01-16-2011, 04:59 PM

Kobe was MVP of 28.5% of the Finals he was in

Duncan was MVP of 75% of the Finals he was in

That, my friends, is a 46,5% difference....:wow

Can't really go by Finals MVP awards alone. Tim Duncan, for example, objectively did not deserve winning Finals MVP in 2005.

Kobe didn't deserve it in 2010, either.

And yet both won Finals MVP (Tim in 2005, Kobe in 2010) due mostly to name notoriety alone.

Game 1: Gasol 23 points, 14 rebounds, 3 assists on 8-14 shooting

Kobe 30 points, 7 rebounds, 6 assists, on 10-22 shooting

Edge: Gasol

Game 2: Gasol 25 points, 8 rebounds, 3 assists (1 TO), 6 blocks on 7-10 shooting

Kobe 21 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists (5 TO), 4 steals on 8-20 shooting

Edge: Gasol by a lot

Game 3: Gasol 13 points, 10 rebounds, 4 assists (1 TO), 2 blocks on 5-11 shooting

Kobe 29 points, 7 rebounds, 4 assists (1 TO), 2 steals, 3 blocks on 10-29 shooting

Edge: Gasol, again. Kobe hogging shots from Gasol even though he clearly proved he had the capability to shoot efficiently in the finals thus far (including this game)

Game 4: Gasol 21 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists (4 TO), 2 blocks on 6-13 shooting

Kobe 33 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists (7 TO)), 2 steals on 10-22 shooting

Edge: Kobe

Not going through the rest in detail, but to summarize

Game 5 edge: Kobe

Game 6 edge: Gasol

Game 7 edge: Gasol > 6-24

And I hope I don't need to go over why Ginobili deserved Finals MVP over Duncan in '05 because we're on a Spurs board and it's pretty standard knowledge among all non-Duncan-homer spurs fans.

koriwhat
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM

great post Cali...

are you fuckin' retarded? reread that first reply i posted... dumbfuck! and then after that, read up on your beloved faker history.

frodo
01-16-2011, 08:45 PM

Hitler is dead

frodo
01-16-2011, 08:46 PM
are you fuckin' retarded? reread that first reply i posted... dumbfuck! and then after that, read up on your beloved faker history.

morons crew implosion :lol

ElNono
01-16-2011, 08:54 PM
lol the Lakers used to literally be the best team in LA... :lmao

koriwhat
01-16-2011, 08:59 PM
lol the Lakers used to literally be the best team in LA... :lmao

:toast

LnGrrrR
01-17-2011, 04:07 AM
I need about tree fiddy

You gave that girl scout money? That's why she keeps comin' round heah!

LnGrrrR
01-17-2011, 04:09 AM

Is that where you were when that other team from LA beat yours? :)

Homeland Security
01-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Lakers and Clippers are both from Los Angeles.

Clippers used to play in Buffalo as the Buffalo Braves.

Braves and Bills both played in Buffalo.

Buffalo Bills and Cody, Wyoming both named after Buffalo Bill Cody.

And Cody, Wyoming is a total dump.

So ha.

Giuseppe
01-17-2011, 09:00 AM
Is that where you were when that other team from LA beat yours? :)

Unlike you, at least I show up.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-17-2011, 11:21 AM

:toast