PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Tony at NBA.com

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Like we did before with Manu vs. Rashard Lewis, now it's time to vote for Tony vs. Steve Nash for the Baller of the Week award.

Currently Nash is winning with 58% against 42% for Tony.

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2005, 07:48 PM
Will do.

fraga
05-29-2005, 07:51 PM
I can't believe Nash is ahead...what a joke...

JUUOT
05-29-2005, 08:18 PM
actually i voted today and was quite surprise tony was not too far

~Chris~
05-29-2005, 08:19 PM
I can't believe Nash is ahead...what a joke...

Steve Nash (Phoenix Suns)
PPG APG RPG FG% AST SPG MPG
26.0 10.3 3.7 .532 1.82 1.00 42.00
Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)
23.7 4.7 3.7 .533 1.17 1.33 39.00

:rolleyes

Tek_XX
05-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Tony getting 42% against a percieved MVP is not bad.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2005, 11:30 PM
I'll vote for Tony because he's a Spur and he rocks, but I still think Nash has been better.

SequSpur
05-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Parker 3 wins.

Nash 0 wins.

The only stat that counts.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Parker 3 wins.

Nash 0 wins.

If you're talking about wins against each other, you would have to say
Nash 2 - 1 Parker. The first 2 games Nash burned our asses, and even though Parker had great games aswell, Nash outproduced him. Game #3 on the othe hand is ALL TP's!!!

SequSpur
05-29-2005, 11:45 PM
If you're talking about wins against each other, you would have to say
Nash 2 - 1 Parker. The first 2 games Nash burned our asses, and even though Parker had great games aswell, Nash outproduced him. Game #3 on the othe hand is ALL TP's!!!

:rolleyes

waly.mg
05-30-2005, 08:31 AM
And Nash 5.67 TO

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 08:46 AM
nash is now at 57%.
I like to think it was my little vote that changed that.
of course, I'm concieted.

GopherSA
05-30-2005, 09:37 AM
All this hype reminds me of 2003 when every major media outlet was talking about Jason Kidd versus Parker. "Kidd is the best." "Kidd will take this Parker kid to school." "Kidd is coming to SA to take Parker's job." Blah blah blah.

What happened?

Professor Parker, child prodigy, takes KIDD TO SCHOOL in the finals. Parker is still here. Still getting better.

And now schooling the "mvp" during the WCF.

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 09:45 AM
All this hype reminds me of 2003 when every major media outlet was talking about Jason Kidd versus Parker. "Kidd is the best." "Kidd will take this Parker kid to school." "Kidd is coming to SA to take Parker's job." Blah blah blah.

What happened?

Professor Parker, child prodigy, takes KIDD TO SCHOOL in the finals. Parker is still here. Still getting better.

And now schooling the "mvp" during the WCF.

:tu :elephant :tu

Mark in Austin
05-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Tony's defense on Nash has been outstanding at times. Given the offensive load he has to carry this series as well, I'm very impressed with Tony's performance.

If the Spurs close this out and make it to the finals, I will be interested to see how Tony plays against a tougher defensive squad.

IX_Equilibrium
05-30-2005, 10:02 AM
done

ForeignFan
05-30-2005, 11:50 AM
done two days ago !

sa_butta
05-30-2005, 11:51 AM
done twice.

hendrix
05-30-2005, 12:03 PM
Parker 3 wins.
Nash 0 wins.

Youll never get it. Spurs sometimes wins despite TP. It shouldnt be this way, usually the point guard commands the action, but it aint happening in San Antonio.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Stop the Parker hate, he plays defence, and he has been very important in those 5.67 TO that Nash is averaging. Nash may have impressive stats, but he couldn't defend himself, even if he is convicted to death penalty.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 01:39 PM
Youll never get it. Spurs sometimes wins despite TP. It shouldnt be this way, usually the point guard commands the action, but it aint happening in San Antonio.

If Tony commanded the action so much, do you think the Spurs would have such great ball movement? Also, the fact that the Spurs can win DESPITE TP having a bad game is the reason there are 12 guys on the roster.

Parker's been holding his own against the leagues MVP, yet some people still find something to bitch about. I find this absolutely amazing---this guy just can't win around here.

timvp
05-30-2005, 01:41 PM
Argentina hates Parker.

Why?

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Argentina hates Parker.

Why?

:lol Way to start shit TimVP. Waiting for the wrath in 5..........4...........3.........2..........1..... ....

waly.mg
05-30-2005, 02:02 PM
Who hates Parker?

In Argentinean we does not hate Parker but we criticized Generally
He plays in very individualistic way, and this is the only way what he can play

He shoot 18-20 times a game, sometimes made 7 and sometimes made 12, but Somebody can accept that Parker throws 5 threes Although he made 2?

When he missed shots the only way then Have Pop is benched him

He must to learn how can he help his team when he don´t score, but ....
when the Team want Jason Kidd in Argentina everybody say no

If Jason Kidd had signed with San Antonio, today Manu would not be in the Team and next year would not be Parker

When he requested 66 million everybody said that he was very egoistic of his part not to accept the supply of San Antonio

Parker pressed by a contract that inclusively is higher than Nash´s Deal, with one year left in his contract

SouthernFried
05-30-2005, 02:14 PM
Parker ain't Nash. Parker plays Defense.

That alone makes him important and crucial to our team.

Parker aint the best assist man, and he looks for his shots mebbe more than getting the team moving. But, that's what he does...love it or not. We have Duncan and Manu who keep everyone else involved in the game. Duncan is more the leader on the court than TP, so many more plays go through Tim than Tony.

So let Tony play Defense, and let Tony look for his shot...that's what he does best. When a crucial possesion comes up, give it to Manu or Timmy. That's how we play best...good or bad.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
05-30-2005, 02:27 PM
Argentina hates Parker.

Why?

Personally, I don't, but I do know that many Argentinians dislike him. Why? There are several reasons.

They said that Manu should be the #2 option in the team after Timmy, specially last season. Also, they don't like Tony's playing style, I guess some of the people that dislike Parker would like a "pass-first" Point Guard, because they believe that would mean more points for Manu, which I believe is a ridiculous idea. When Manu is on the floor he gets plenty of points now. It might have been different in the past, when he was left alone in a corner to shoot a three pointer and nothing else.

Other complains include that Tony isn't consistent with his game (appart from Duncan, who is?), that he tends to dissapear in important moments (this last two playoffs series are proving that is wrong). In the Manu website forum, this Parker hate has been baptised the "Parker paranoia" by those who don't share that point of view.

Personally, I really like Tony's game, he still has to improve some things, but he has a very good present and a huge future. And I really don't care if Manu scores 50 or 20, or if he starts or comes from the bench. The most important thing is the ring.

hendrix
05-30-2005, 02:57 PM
Argentina hates Parker.

Why?

Maybe my english is bad or you people are too sensitive. I dont HATE parker. I just dont like his style of play. Its always a matter of taste.
Is Parker a good player? YES, of course he is.
Can he play better than this? I'm saying he should... Apparently TP lovers think he cant play any better.
I will keep remarking the things i dont like about him because i think they hurt the team.
And I'm not Argentina. I'm an individual. Thats like saying everyone in USA is a child molester based on Michael Jackson.

hendrix
05-30-2005, 03:01 PM
If Tony commanded the action so much, do you think the Spurs would have such great ball movement?

Exactly my point. Thats why i say DESPITE the point guard.
Thanks for contributing.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Ok, I refuse to get involved in Manu vs Parker arguments.

Hendrix, thanks for making me laugh out loud with this comment :)

"Thats like saying everyone in USA is a child molester based on Michael Jackson." :lol