PDA

View Full Version : History in the making?

Rummpd
05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
According to NBATV Spurs if sweep Suns = would knock off team with best record ever in a 7 game series in this fashion.

SpursFanDan
05-29-2005, 08:22 PM
big whoop... wanna fight about it?

Experiment2100
05-29-2005, 08:24 PM
If the Spurs win tomorrow.......................................... ..........I'm out 40 vbucks.

E20
05-29-2005, 09:20 PM
If the Spurs win I get 5 bucks!

1Parker1
05-29-2005, 09:53 PM
If the Spurs win tomorrow.......................................... ..........I'm out 40 vbucks.

I'll be out freaking 600 vbucks, so STFU! :flipoff

But, if it means Spurs getting to the Finals, I guess it's ok :spin

HB22inSA
05-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Let's see, vbucks or the Spurs in the Finals?

hmmm.....

T Park
05-29-2005, 10:43 PM
if the Spurs sweep the Suns.

It would be the first time ever the team with the best record got swept out of the playoffs????

Correct?

Wow, something else to go for tommarow night.

COME ON SPURS LETS DO THIS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

picnroll
05-29-2005, 10:46 PM
If Horry makes five three point shots in the finals he'll break Jordan's record for most three pointers made in NBA finals.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
I'll be out freaking 600 vbucks, so STFU!

I'll be out 10000, so shutup. :lmao

E20
05-29-2005, 10:47 PM
What were the odds of a Spurs sweep?

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2005, 10:51 PM
What were the odds of a Spurs sweep?
I don't know, but the Spurs match up well against the Suns.

The Suns are overrated. I am curious to see what they will do in the offseason to make adjustments.

If the suns want to start a new season and be a successful team again, then they don't need to change anything...But if they want to be a true contender that will win the finals...they need to change their whole style of play.

No defense+run n gun strategy only works during the regular season playing every team...but in a 7 game season, against a team that plays defense, a team can make adjustments for the next game of the series.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2005, 11:41 PM
I'll be out 10000, so shutup. :lmao
I'LL BE OUT 30,000, SO ALL OF YOU STFU!!!! :lmao :lmao

xcoriate
05-29-2005, 11:47 PM
According to NBATV Spurs if sweep Suns = would knock off team with best record ever in a 7 game series in this fashion.

Ok Rummpd read what you just wrote and tell me it has anything resembling coherence... Come one I dare you.

Solid D
05-29-2005, 11:47 PM
big whoop... wanna fight about it?

You think you're better than me, "likes to fight guy"?

Spurodamus
05-29-2005, 11:51 PM
Men who offer to fight in online forums usually sleep with their livestock.

Solid D
05-29-2005, 11:54 PM
Men who offer to fight in online forums usually sleep with their livestock.

:rollin

ducks
05-30-2005, 12:00 AM
man I never seen solid post something like that

Solid D
05-30-2005, 12:14 AM
man I never seen solid post something like that

Sorry, it's one of Jim Rome's funny lines. "You think you're better than me?"

Just playin' around with that one.

polandprzem
05-30-2005, 12:24 AM
I'LL BE OUT 30,000, SO ALL OF YOU STFU!!!! :lmao :lmao
Yeah but you've got 60 frinkin' thousand bucks.

I bet 200 on 4-1 but I rather see the sweep

GO SPURS GO

whottt
05-30-2005, 01:21 AM
if the Spurs sweep the Suns.

It would be the first time ever the team with the best record got swept out of the playoffs????

Correct?

Wrong. I don't think that is what he was saying...then again, he was more incoherent than ducks, on a bad day...

IF that is what he was saying...he's wrong.

And a Spurs fan should know it...it's a disgrace if they don't. Now that I think about it, it's a disgrace anyway.

E20
05-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Whottt please enlighten us and tell who was the first. Come on I'm on my heels. :rolleyes

whottt
05-30-2005, 01:33 AM
You must have been a Spurfan less than 5 years...Come to think of it...a lot of you must have been...

In the 2001 playoffs we had the best record in the NBA...we got swept. Not only did we get swept...but we got swept by the largest average margin of victory in NBA WCF history. Several other infamous finals records were set against us as well.

I don't think that is what Rump was saying though(but I wouldn't bet money on what the hell he was saying anyway)...I think he was saying the Suns could be - edit the first team to have 62 wins and get swept in the CF's or something like that.

TDfan2007
05-30-2005, 01:37 AM
You must have been a Spurfan less than 5 years...Come to think of it...a lot of you must have been...

In the 2001 playoffs we had the best record in the NBA...we got swept. Not only did we get swept...but we got swept by the largest average margin of victory in NBA WCF history. Several other infamous finals records were set against us as well.

I don't think that is what Rump was saying though(but I wouldn't bet money on what the hell he was saying anyway)...I think he was saying the Suns are the first team to have have 62 wins and get swept in the CF's or something like that.

I don't know about you guys but I'm glad that Kobe blew the Lakers dynasty into oblivion. Losing to them season after season was getting unbearable.

whottt
05-30-2005, 01:51 AM
I was glad to see Phil go...he was the difference. He gets his players believing they are Michael Jordan..even guys like Derek Fisher. He also is incredibly good at guessing who the chokers are and forcing them to beat him..You pretty much have to be a choke free team to beat him...because his teams will never beat themselves and are virtually choke proof.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:53 AM
I was glad to see Phil go...he was the difference. He gets his players believing they are Michael Jordan..even guys like Derek Fisher. He also is incredibly good at guessing who the chokers are and forcing them to beat him..You pretty much have to be a choke free team to beat him...because his teams will never beat themselves and are virtually choke proof.

VERY well said bro

timvp
05-30-2005, 01:55 AM
The nightmare scenario for the Spurs is if Phil Jackson coaches the Heat next season.

He'd probably win a championship with that team.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM
The nightmare scenario for the Spurs is if Phil Jackson coaches the Heat next season.

He'd probably win a championship with that team.

Ron Jere, err, SVG aint going nowhere. and the heat can win a title without PJ this year.

Sense
05-30-2005, 01:56 AM

Don't jinx phil into the lakers..

What impact would he have?

Btw..hello whott....missed ya.

whottt
05-30-2005, 01:59 AM
He'll probably be back with LA...

If I was him I'd tell them to go screw themselves though...I hate the guy but he didn't deserve to get fired.

He's at a crossroads...he's got 9 titles but isn't considered a great coach...he's considered a lucky coach...I think there is a chance he might try to build a team that isn't already a title contender...then again, he probably doesn't want to screw around trying to get that 10th ring.

LakerGod
05-30-2005, 03:31 AM
According to NBATV Spurs if sweep Suns = would knock off team with best record ever in a 7 game series in this fashion.How fast spurs fan forget!

Remember 2001?

The spursies had the best record in the leage and got swept by the Lakers in the Conference Finals by a huge point differential.

Solid D
05-30-2005, 07:31 AM
ESPN had a graphic that said if the Suns get swept 0-4 by the Spurs, they will be only the 4th team in NBA history to have the best record and be swept in a playoff series. They said the last team to do it were the 2000-01 Spurs.

Rummpd
05-30-2005, 07:38 AM
It was written in "Duckspeak"

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 08:26 AM
I saw this in an article at nba or espn.com or something.
It's not just by the word "best" it's how best.
As in the last *best* team to get swept had a 61 win record and PHX has a 62 win record. So they would have the best of the best records that got swept.

Basicly, but I think the sports writers had it better.. I'll try to find that article.