PDA

View Full Version : Top 4 QB's in the NFL

IronMexican
01-16-2011, 10:15 PM
All watching at home. Funny.

Brady, Brees, Rivers, Manning(Rated in order of greatness). Rodgers and Manning are debatable.

Poor WR play for 3 out of the 4 dug their grave. And for Breees, idk. Just ran into a 7-9 steamtroll.

j.dizzle
01-16-2011, 10:26 PM
Defense wins championships. All the remaining teams have elite defenses. NE looked like a contender for a while but they were bound to lose with all those rookies & young players. You need veteran leadership. NY/Pitt gonna be a badass game & hopefully GB gets to the SB. They're fun to watch & Rodgers is beasting. Nobody wants to see Chicago in the SB.

DPG21920
01-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Rivers.

That is it. That is all.

8FOR!3
01-16-2011, 10:32 PM
Tom Brady, Philip Rivers, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers.

Those are the top 5. If you have to cut one out take out Rodgers because he doesn't have the Super Bowl like Manning/Brees. Brady and Rivers just belong there.

BlackSwordsMan
01-16-2011, 10:57 PM
tony romo as well

mojorizen7
01-17-2011, 12:51 AM
Rodgers is the best QB in the league.

I like that there are a number of quality young QB's in the league that will carry the league into the next decade when guys like Peyton,Brady,Roethlesberger are gone.

Greg Oden
01-17-2011, 01:00 AM
Rodgers is the best QB in the league.

I like that there are a number of quality young QB's in the league that will carry the league into the next decade when guys like Peyton,Brady,Roethlesberger are gone.

Dude's a year older than Rodgers.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-17-2011, 01:12 AM
figjam number 1 no doubt

then big ben

then brady

Dr. Gonzo
01-17-2011, 01:13 AM
tony romo as well

:rollin

BUMP
01-17-2011, 01:29 AM
tony romo as well

OHHHH!!! BLACKSWORDSMAN, WITH NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE

ycYVUqjSCbE

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 01:36 AM
Fitzpeezy is better than all them scrubs

IronMexican
01-17-2011, 03:26 AM
Fitzpeezy is better than all them scrubs
More like 2 year stop gap.

MajorMike
01-17-2011, 03:35 AM
I absofrickinlutely cannot stand him, but anyone who says that Tom Brady along with Peyton are not the 2 best players (period, not just QBs) in the league is plain stupid. They are completely in a league by themselves.

Brees, Rodgers, Rivers and a nice 2nd tier.

You can debate 3-5 (or 10 or 30) but you can't debate 1 and 2. You can only debate which one goes in front of the other, and anyone who DOESN'T have a ring will tell you the rings are all that matter, so more than likely you say Brady #1...

ALTHO Peyton has been to a SB and won 2 playoff games since Brady won his last playoff game and Brady choked away a huge one this year as a #1 seed and possibly the hugest SB choke of all time vs NYG (he hasn't won a playoff game since then and is 4-5 since losing to Denver in 2006) while Peyton took players out of the stands this year and made it to the playoffs in convincing fashion.

Greg Oden
01-17-2011, 12:43 PM
orMik, with the goods, not gettin his college forum jackass on.

Warlord23
01-17-2011, 12:54 PM
I absofrickinlutely cannot stand him, but anyone who says that Tom Brady along with Peyton are not the 2 best players (period, not just QBs) in the league is plain stupid. They are completely in a league by themselves.

Brees, Rodgers, Rivers and a nice 2nd tier.

You can debate 3-5 (or 10 or 30) but you can't debate 1 and 2. You can only debate which one goes in front of the other, and anyone who DOESN'T have a ring will tell you the rings are all that matter, so more than likely you say Brady #1...

ALTHO Peyton has been to a SB and won 2 playoff games since Brady won his last playoff game and Brady choked away a huge one this year as a #1 seed and possibly the hugest SB choke of all time vs NYG (he hasn't won a playoff game since then and is 4-5 since losing to Denver in 2006) while Peyton took players out of the stands this year and made it to the playoffs in convincing fashion.

Mostly agree, except that Roethlisberger belongs in the 2nd tier behind Manning and Brady. Ben is not as good a pocket passer as Rivers, Brees or Rodgers. In fact I'd say he's well behind them in pure passing skill. But what we need to look at is effectiveness - whether a QB can get the job done, no matter if he looks good or bad when doing so.

He has a better career rating than Brees, and has finished in the top 5 in QB rating in the league more times than anyone on that list except Manning since he entered the league. And you can make a legitimate argument that he plays behind the worst OL and worst RB among these QBs. Most importantly, he saves his best for the last; he's 9-2 in the playoffs.

MajorMike
01-17-2011, 04:48 PM
I can live with that addition. What makes Ben is his decision making - he is a really good game manager without making the fatal mistake.

Troll Translator
01-17-2011, 05:01 PM
Regular season or playoffs?

tlongII
01-17-2011, 05:34 PM
If Pitt wins the Super Bowl this year you have to put Big Ben right there with Brady and Manning. Too bad I absolutely hate the Steelers.

symple19
01-17-2011, 05:47 PM
If Pitt wins the Super Bowl this year you have to put Big Ben right there with Brady and Manning. Too bad I absolutely hate the Steelers.

this, although it's a big if.

Rodgers is playing out of his mind right now, so I like the Pack to go all the way

It still makes me nauseous to see Aaron playing for GB when he should have been a Niner. Oh well... :depressed

Spurs rock
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
Brett Favre is still the best!!!!

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 01:49 AM
More like 2 year stop gap.

The Raiders would love a stopgap

DarrinS
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
Rodgers > Rivers

MajorMike
01-22-2011, 02:28 AM
Rivers is not a winner, he's a stat man. Dan Fouts all over again. He can't win the big game; he can't pull it out alone. You put Rivers on the Colts this year and the Colts with all those injuries don't win 6 games. You put Peyton on the Chargers and they win 11 or 12. Peyton was pulling players out of the stands he lost so many WRs and he still got it done. Yeah, Rivers lost Gates at the end, but he couldn't find anyone else.

Think about the Colts and the Pats this year - Brady and Peyton make nobodys look like stars; Rivers looks like a nobody without stars around him.

duckz
01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
:lol :lol rivers already better than the NFL and only in season starter five years :lol :lol
once charger fire up special teams coaching tell to hit road he begins unstoppable dynasty :rollin :rollin

DPG21920
01-30-2011, 03:59 PM
lol dead forum