PDA

View Full Version : The Official Carmelo Anthony is terribly overrated thread

TE
01-17-2011, 12:10 AM
His game is aight, but the guy has never won anything, never advanced really far into the playoffs, and has played for a Denver nuggets team that centers their entire offense on him. It's painful to say Lebron is deserving of attention more than Melo, and that's cause critics rated Lebron and Melo neck-to-neck upon their entry into the league.

:toast

BRHornet45
01-17-2011, 12:11 AM
son like I have said before ... only in America can a hood rat like Melo make tens of millions of dollars. If he couldn't play basketball, he would be sitting in a prison cell right now.

TE
01-17-2011, 12:13 AM
tbh, a kind of change of bashing on a person, but did Melo have some sort of sex change at birth? I always thought he looked like a woman when he had long hair, braids, etc. No trolling statement btw

BlairForceDejuan
01-17-2011, 12:14 AM
He is good, often times great when he is on Team America...but jesus christ. WGAF where he goes. Denver is not winning a ring anytime soon. The Knicks are not winning a ring anytime soon. The Nets are not winning anytime soon. Spurs just owning teams they are supposed to own though so I can understand having to make up headlines and cute little terms like MELOdrama.

ducks
01-17-2011, 12:24 AM
played the nuggest tought in the western conference 2 years ago according to espn tonight

j.dizzle
01-17-2011, 12:26 AM
son like I have said before ... only in America can a hood rat like Melo make tens of millions of dollars. If he couldn't play basketball, he would be sitting in a prison cell right now.

:lol He probably cant even spell his name tbh. He seems dumb as a rock when he talks.

ducks
01-17-2011, 12:28 AM
actually james is overrated more
he has won nothing and people call him king

21_Blessings
01-17-2011, 12:29 AM
actually james is overrated more
he has won nothing and he call himself king

ducks, with the philosophy.

DPG21920
01-17-2011, 12:30 AM
James is the best player in the NBA. Melo might be overrated, but he is definitely a max player.

crc21209
01-17-2011, 12:32 AM
Melo (when he puts his mind to it) is one of the Top 10 (even 5) players in the NBA. The thing is, when he doesnt feel like playing, he just half asses and jacks up jumpers...

ducks
01-17-2011, 12:35 AM
Melo (when he puts his mind to it) is one of the Top 10 (even 5) players in the NBA. The thing is, when he doesnt feel like playing, he just half asses and jacks up jumpers...

melo never quits in the playoffs

james in playoffs just jacked up jumpshots and DID not attack and quit

james is a max player if there is such a thing but so is melo,wade,duncan,kobe

HarlemHeat37
01-17-2011, 02:08 AM
:lol Lebron did attack, he shot more Free Throws in those "quitting" games than he did on average, for the entire playoffs..

Anthony is a max player, because there are 30 teams in the NBA..he's not a franchise player that could take a team to the Finals though..he's a mediocre defender that can't create for his teammates on a consistent basis, and he's mentally weak, which has been evident for a while, since defenders often get in his head..Spurs fans should know this, as Bowen constantly got him to react when he played against him..

DaDakota
01-17-2011, 10:52 AM
All these guys who grew up without a father figure and end up whiny little mamas boys.

Lebron, Melo, Tmac.....

Got to get some dads involved to give them that tough love, and not just have a helicopter mom saying "It's ok baby" every time they screw up.

DD

nkdlunch
01-17-2011, 11:04 AM
please don't compare Lequit to Melo. Melo at least does not quit on his team mid-playoff

urunobili
01-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Melo won at college level...

boutons_deux
01-17-2011, 01:20 PM
"puts his mind to it"

his balla/street mind (and heart) are his problems, like JR Smith and Rasheed Wallace. Tons of talent, wasted.

rayjayjohnson
01-17-2011, 03:29 PM
melo is pissing me off, but i dont want to hear that melo is overrated shit coming from someone with manu in his avatar.