PDA

View Full Version : The Long Kiss Goodnight

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 01:37 AM
Never seen it and it's available to stream off netflix. My insomnia is hitting hard tonight so...

yay or nay?

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 01:39 AM
Geena Davis? If so, I liked it.

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Geena Davis? If so, I liked it.

Yup...usually I can't stand her but all the viewer reviews are giving it 4 or 5 stars. That, and under the movie details it says: A substantial amount of strong, bloody violence.

Eh, what the hell...

koriwhat
01-17-2011, 03:06 AM
fuck that dd, stream "exit through the gift shop"!

blizz
01-17-2011, 07:37 AM
Geena Davis is fugly!!!

Nathan Explosion
01-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Geena Davis is fugly!!!

She's not ugly, but she's not sexy either, what this movie required for the water torture scene.

I recently saw this movie again. God Samuel L Jackson has made some terrible movies.

RandomGuy
01-17-2011, 12:15 PM
This was a fairly good movie. Interesting for the contrast between Davis' charactor during the film when she goes from soccer mom to ueber-assassin.

Worth seeing. I would give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM
fuck that dd, stream "exit through the gift shop"!

I'll second that :tu Awesome documentary

mrsmaalox
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
This was the film that came to my mind the other night when you mentioned "Caveman's Valentine". I've seen "The Long Kiss Tonight" but the whole female killer mystique is lost on me, so it was just "meh". Which one did you see?

DarkReign
01-17-2011, 02:46 PM
Great movie. One of my favorite bits of dialogue comes from it.

d7zYVEyG9vM

"whats wrong with the dog?"

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 03:48 PM
This was the film that came to my mind the other night when you mentioned "Caveman's Valentine". I've seen "The Long Kiss Tonight" but the whole female killer mystique is lost on me, so it was just "meh". Which one did you see?

Ended up watching TLKG last night...it's just hard to sell Geena Davis as sexy, but the movie was fun.:lol

Samuel L. Jackson's gotta bunch of golden one-liners in it too.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 04:06 PM
but the whole female killer mystique is lost on me, so it was just "meh".lost? Hmm. Did you like Point of No Return? Way better than this movie IMHO tbh fwiw.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 04:08 PM
Ended up watching TLKG last night...it's just hard to sell Geena Davis as sexy, but the movie was fun.:lol

Samuel L. Jackson's gotta bunch of golden one-liners in it too.

Yeah. I like the "time to comb your hair" line he said when that jogger jiggled by them.

And yeah she isn't too sexy. Kinda icy. Has she done anything lately?

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Great movie. One of my favorite bits of dialogue comes from it.

d7zYVEyG9vM

"whats wrong with the dog?"

I loved that :rollin

Almost all the key characters had hilarious lines. Even that B-list douchebag Craig Bierko made me lol a couple times during the film.

mrsmaalox
01-17-2011, 04:23 PM
lost? Hmm. Did you like Point of No Return? Way better than this movie IMHO tbh fwiw.

Nope. Women with weapons, trained to kill, as the plot does nothing for me.

edit: I'll skip a movie with men doing that same thing also ;)

DeadlyDynasty
01-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Nope. Women with weapons, trained to kill, as the plot does nothing for me.

Not all of them "need" weapons...Goldeneye has the sexiest femme-fatale to ever hit the screen and she didn't really need weapons :lol

mrsmaalox
01-17-2011, 04:35 PM
Not all of them "need" weapons...Goldeneye has the sexiest femme-fatale to ever hit the screen and she didn't really need weapons :lol

Hmm. I've never seen a James Bond :wow

Characters incidentally ending up with a weapon and needing to kill someone is fine with me. But when they are some sort of expert and it's their "job", it's just not that interesting. To me.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 04:56 PM
Hmm. I've never seen a James Bond :wow

Characters incidentally ending up with a weapon and needing to kill someone is fine with me. But when they are some sort of expert and it's their "job", it's just not that interesting. To me.

It's a shame cuz there's a lot of good war movies out there.

mrsmaalox
01-17-2011, 05:09 PM
It's a shame cuz there's a lot of good war movies out there.

I'm not talking about war movies. I'm talking espionage, special agent, trained assassin type things. It's not my bag, baby.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 05:14 PM
:lol

Strike
01-17-2011, 05:15 PM
lost? Hmm. Did you like Point of No Return? Way better than this movie IMHO tbh fwiw.

I liked The Long Kiss Goodnight. The original La Femme Nikita was better. Point Of No Return was not.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 05:43 PM
I liked The Long Kiss Goodnight. The original La Femme Nikita was better. Point Of No Return was not.

I heard it is but I've never seen it.

Mark in Austin
01-17-2011, 07:16 PM
It's a shame Davis and Harlin didn't decide to skip straight to this and never film the abortion known as Cutthroat Island. If that film wasn't competing for funding, Carolco wouldn't have pulled the plug on Crusade, Paul Verhoeven's ultra violent Ah-nold movie about a serf in the middle ages.

TheTruth
01-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I really enjoyed this. Always thought it was underrated. Samuel L. is hilarious.