PDA

View Full Version : How many Spurs players have ever lurked this forum?

greyforest
01-17-2011, 04:37 AM
With the popularity and longevity of this forum, and the documented technological prowess of the Spurs players, it seems almost certain that at some point they have stumbled upon here.

I wonder if any have ever registered and posted? Heh.

xellos88330
01-17-2011, 04:44 AM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111920&highlight=duncan228+identity

:p

greyforest
01-17-2011, 05:17 AM
uh duncan228 posted in this game blog

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169628&page=2

kinda doubt it bro but cool story!!

it's real easy to check bullshitters with this method

Fireball
01-17-2011, 06:11 AM
I seriously hope no Spurs player ever visits this site. It might be shattering their confidence forever ...

Em-City
01-17-2011, 06:26 AM
i'm actually Jack McClinton but i prefer to remain anonymous.

hater
01-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Hill, Blair.

I hope Bonner never visits this site, poor guy might kill himself

CIA Pop
01-17-2011, 10:17 AM
You wanna know how guys end up stuck to the bench, even when they're playing well?

I find out they get on here, their ass is gonna sit for a couple of games. Splitter in particular keeps hitting the site but I think he's finally figured it out.

Only exception is Manu. Asshole got it written into his contract.

Bukefal
01-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Im sure some of them have visited ST and maybe even visit often.

Blair, TP, Hill surf the internet a lot, It's not possible to miss ST

GinobiliForTres
01-17-2011, 10:50 AM

Blair is on Twitter all hours of the damn night so i'm sure he's come here. maybe that's why he has the tendency to suck so often.

Seventyniner
01-17-2011, 10:53 AM

I agree, at least some of them are bound to have visited this site.

I'd imagine it's Blair, Hill, Anderson, and other young players who probably read message boards like this one when they were in high school and college. Less so for the older players; even as recently as the late 90s message boards weren't all that popular.

DieHardSpursFan1537
01-17-2011, 10:59 AM
A Spurs player wouldn't be happy if they went on this forum. Matt Bonner would probably never play again. :lol

ohmwrecker
01-17-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm sure a professional athlete's confidence rises and falls with how he is perceived by a bunch of mal-informed, socially awkward nitwits on an internet chat board.:tu

wontstartdumbthreads
01-17-2011, 11:43 AM
I'm sure a professional athlete's confidence rises and falls with how he is perceived by a bunch of mal-informed, socially awkward nitwits on an internet chat board.:tu

In fact, I attribute RJ's turnaround to him being outed on Spurstalk. With his gayness out in the open, RJ no longer had to deal with the overwhelming stress of keeping it in the closet. It allowed him to focus his energy on basketball. He's turned himself into a player that the opposing defense must account for. Below is the orignal pic for those new to the board and who may not fully understand the importance of what we do here.

http://mediatakeout.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/1281965686richard_cruise1.jpg

Dex
01-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I've linked Hill to the site before to show him artwork that a poster did of him, so I'm sure he must be aware of it. Betting I can't be the only one.

I figured the league would be against players interacting with fans on message boards and such, but with the way Facebook and Twitter has blown up, it may only be a matter of time.

The funny thing is, by the time they do come around, they'll have to settle for names like G30rg3 _H1ll because all the trolls will have taken their namesakes.

Libri
01-17-2011, 12:13 PM
Yeah I meant to tell you guys that yall needed to be nicer to Roger Mason...

Poor Mason. One visit to ST and it was all down hill after that.

honestfool84
01-17-2011, 12:17 PM
You wanna know how guys end up stuck to the bench, even when they're playing well?

I find out they get on here, their ass is gonna sit for a couple of games. Splitter in particular keeps hitting the site but I think he's finally figured it out.

Only exception is Manu. Asshole got it written into his contract.

:rolleyes

here's someone that is actually funny, a Fake Pop account.

http://twitter.com/#!/fakeCoachPop

jimo2305
01-17-2011, 12:19 PM
roger mason logged on here?

yikes..

ShoogarBear
01-17-2011, 01:46 PM
:rolleyes

here's someone that is actually funny, a Fake Pop account.

http://twitter.com/#!/fakeCoachPop

:lol That is good.

Playing all the games until then RT @jerryramos0: How are you guys preparing for the rodeo road trip?

Day ruined. The league informed me that if I did trade for JJ Barrea, I can't legally use him as halftime entertainment

I get dressed at 4am, it's dark. It's a crapshoot RT @shagginballs: How do u decide to wear tie/no tie on game night?

Last movie I saw, Romancing the Stone. RT @mojavi74: Have you seen the movie Machete?

I wish he drove to the lane RT @LarHernandez: I heard Bonner still drives an older Pontiac Grand Am..True?

Better wine in Oregon. Alabama is full of moonshine and cousins RT @t0eknee: Auburn or Oregon tonight?

Slomo
01-17-2011, 01:48 PM
If you guys only knew...

Here's just a small sample:

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Smack/Pops_mug.jpg

spurastic
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Slomo--Funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh.

Bukefal
01-17-2011, 01:55 PM
If you guys only new...

Here just a small sample:

http://www.cikava.com/gallery/albums/Smack/Pops_mug.jpg

:lol

easjer
01-17-2011, 02:24 PM
Blair is on Twitter all hours of the damn night so i'm sure he's come here. maybe that's why he has the tendency to suck so often.

Yeah, I finally dropped Hill and Blair from my Twitter because they clogged up the damn feed with half-way unintelligble crap. I felt bad, but damn, it's been so much easier to read since then.

I'm a big FakeCoachPop fan.

I'm fairly certain that Kori confirmed that a couple of players dropped by semi-regularly a couple of years ago, but I don't think she ever specified who they were.

Ed Helicopter Jones
01-17-2011, 03:05 PM
Just checked out the fake coach Pop...funny stuff. Someone with a good sense of humor. These made me laugh...

Who do you think gave Bruce the idea for the bowtie? RT @ellatino210: Do you still keep in contact w/ Robert Horry or Bruce Bowen?

Better than texting at 3am RT @jleithart: What do you think of @Dejuan45 staying up till 3 in the AM tweeting?

13 cords in winter, 18 in spring RT @joeruiz: How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

jimo2305
01-17-2011, 03:14 PM
i wish they would drop by.. i remember when artest became a laker.. he came on and verified he was who he was lol..

ashbeeigh
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah, I finally dropped Hill and Blair from my Twitter because they clogged up the damn feed with half-way unintelligble crap. I felt bad, but damn, it's been so much easier to read since then.

I am *this* close to unfollowing them and I have close to 300 people that I'm following.

wontstartdumbthreads
01-17-2011, 04:14 PM
RJ isn't gay. He was fucking one of the hotter NJN dancers before he came to SA.

So he has sex with men and women. That makes him gay. But my point was that he's turned his game around because of Spurstalk.

DMC
01-17-2011, 08:54 PM
So he has sex with men and women. That makes him gay. But my point was that he's turned his game around because of Spurstalk.

No, Gay means homosexual. Bisexuals aren't considered to be Gay.

Penya
01-18-2011, 06:20 PM
I've linked Hill to the site before to show him artwork that a poster did of him, so I'm sure he must be aware of it. Betting I can't be the only one.

I figured the league would be against players interacting with fans on message boards and such, but with the way Facebook and Twitter has blown up, it may only be a matter of time.

The funny thing is, by the time they do come around, they'll have to settle for names like G30rg3 _H1ll because all the trolls will have taken their namesakes.

http://armchairgm.wikia.com/index.php?title=Charlie_Bell_is_Officially_the_Coo lest_Player_in_the_NBA

Russ
01-18-2011, 09:45 PM
I seriously hope no Spurs player ever visits this site. It might be shattering their confidence forever ...

Splitter just clicked on it once. And now look.

Martin R
01-18-2011, 09:54 PM
I have addressed Manu more than once but I know he is not a registered user.

TheSullyMonster
01-18-2011, 11:40 PM

Nah, they'll go "Yo, Kori, gimme my damn name. Please?" and Kori will oblige.

wontstartdumbthreads
01-19-2011, 12:41 AM
No, Gay means homosexual. Bisexuals aren't considered to be Gay.

A woman that has sex with men and women is bisexual.
A man that has sex with men and women is gay.

phyzik
01-19-2011, 12:45 AM

technically, they are both bisexual...

But I agree with your interpritation.

Sign of the times.

tp2021
01-19-2011, 12:59 AM
GHill used to post here, but he got banned pretty quickly. He did say he was a quick cummer, after all. :lol

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100208

TheSpursFNRule
01-19-2011, 01:33 AM

bisexual (baɪˈsɛksjʊəl)

— adj
1. sexually attracted by both men and women

You are wrong actually. If you want to be taken seriously look at a fucking dictionary before you speak.
:king

You got a problem with gay people? Its 2011 you hick piece of shit. Grow the fuck up and accept people for who they are.