PDA

View Full Version : what will bowen do to wade?

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
can he shut down wade in the finals?

if there is a thread about playing pistons in finals I think the heat deserve one also.

And wade is awesome

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:14 PM
and wade out rebounded shaq tonight
but shaq is the mvp of that team NOT

1Parker1
05-29-2005, 10:15 PM
God, I hope Bowen shuts down Wade so I can stop reading about all this Wade hype in every article I read.

I think I hate him just for the sole reason that he is Shaq's new sidekick, give him a few years and I'll bet he'll turn into another Kobe.

timvp
05-29-2005, 10:16 PM
I haven't seen Bowen have too much luck guarding Wade. He might be too small for Bowen.

If the Heat make it to the Finals, it'd be a classic matchup between those two.

mavsfan1000
05-29-2005, 10:16 PM
How does Shaq get so lucky and catch a upcoming superstar in Wade? This guy could be the next Jordan and is already better than Kobe. Bowen will not stop Wade because Wade is too fast for Bowen or anyone else.

Solid D
05-29-2005, 10:17 PM
It depends on how well Bruce defends the screen/rolls. Sometimes, he struggles with that and needs help. Straight up, Bruce will make Wade work. Wade is a quick learner so it would be an intriguing matchup as the series would progress.

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:18 PM
this might be the series that devin brown could be usefull

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:19 PM
or should the spurs let wade get his like they with amare but shut everyone else down?

timvp
05-29-2005, 10:20 PM
It depends on how well Bruce defends the screen/rolls. Sometimes, he struggles with that and needs help. Straight up, Bruce will make Wade work. Wade is a quick learner so it would be an intriguing matchup as the series would progress.

Pop said the other day that Bowen isn't good at guarding the pick and rolls. He said that Parker is better a defending them.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Parker on Wade for a possession or two if they keep going to screen and roll action. Parker will either make Wade shoot over him or post him up ... either of which will take the Heat out of their offense.

ALVAREZ6
Dwayne wade is very, very, hard to stop. I just hope we can contain him in the finals...I do not want to see any more rings on Shaq's fat fingers...

Tek_XX
A hypothetical matchup due to that series being far from over, but like every guy on bowen he will have to work hard for the vast majority of his points

E20
05-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Wouldn't Wade man handle Parker? Look how bulky Wade is. If Parker or Bowen guards Wade there is gonna be matchup problems.

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Pop said the other day that Bowen isn't good at guarding the pick and rolls. He said that Parker is better a defending them.

That said, I wouldn't mind seeing Parker on Wade for a possession or two if they keep going to screen and roll action. Parker will either make Wade shoot over him or post him up ... either of which will take the Heat out of their offense.

if bowen is having no luck you should try it

tp has shown he can slow down nash and still score on the o side
he could do the same with wade hopefully
:smokin

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2005, 10:23 PM
Wouldn't Wade man handle Parker? Look how bulky Wade is. If Parker or Bowen guards Wade there is gonna be matchup problems.
Parker would never guard Wade. Before TP guards Wade, Bowen, Manu, Brent, and Devin would guard him first.

timvp

Spurs would have to throw everyone at Wade. Bowen mostly, but Manu and Parker should be ready to step in.

picnroll
When Miaimi last beat the Spurs Wade was the reaason. He ws unstoppable in the fourth. Spurs put Bowen on Wade but Bowen couldn't slow him.

Timoha
I think that its ok to let Wade to do whatever he wants as long as we can contain Shaq. The Spurs have let Amare drop from 30-40 points a game and the Suns have yet to win. I think that containing Shaq is the key, and spending a ton of energy going after Wade could be pointless.

E20
05-29-2005, 10:24 PM
I agree with Timoha, let Nash/Wade and Shaq/Amare have monster games and shut down everybody else.

T Park
05-29-2005, 10:26 PM
Thats part of the problem containing Shaq AND Wade.

Thats why you have to keep guys like Eddie Jones, Damon Jones, Udonis Haslem, from getting their normal points and keep them down.

timvp
Parker would never guard Wade. Before TP guards Wade, Bowen, Manu, Brent, and Devin would guard him first.

Parker has guarded him before. When Wade first entered the league, he was a PG and Parker guarded him for pretty much the whole game.

Looking back on the stats of that game, Parker did a pretty good job. 14 points, three rebounds and one assist on 7-15 shooting.

Again, that's not the first person I want on Wade but in certain pick and roll situations, Parker makes sense.

1Parker1
I agree with what someone else said earlier. Spurs should just let Wade get his, and concentrate on shutting down the rest of the team. Shaq is not the dominant big man he was in years past. Though he still draws defensive attention, I don't see him going for 30 and 10 like in years past.

Look for Alonzo Mourning to foul Manu and Tony hard on their drives to the basket without getting a call and then flexing his muscles after...that is if the Heat and Spurs meet in the finals :)

timvp
05-29-2005, 10:27 PM
The problem is if you let "Wade get his", Wade is going to go out there and get 50.

ALVAREZ6
05-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Parker has guarded him before. When Wade first entered the league, he was a PG and Parker guarded him for pretty much the whole game.

Looking back on the stats of that game, Parker did a pretty good job. 14 points, three rebounds and one assist on 7-15 shooting.

Again, that's not the first person I want on Wade but in certain pick and roll situations, Parker makes sense.
FIRST year....changes things a whole lot.

Dwayne Wade is as unstoppable as Manu Ginobili. :lol :smokin

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:28 PM
wade and shaq can not combine for over 60 points
they do spurs are toast

or the big three would have to score 80

timvp
05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
FIRST year....changes things a whole lot.

Dwayne Wade is as unstoppable as Manu Ginobili. :lol :smokin

Yeah this is his SECOND year.

And?

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 10:29 PM
How does Shaq get so lucky and catch a upcoming superstar in Wade? This guy could be the next Jordan and is already better than Kobe. Bowen will not stop Wade because Wade is too fast for Bowen or anyone else.

SHAQ DIDNT GET LUCKY. HE KNEW THAT WADE WAS BAD ASS THEREFORE HE HAD MIAMI ON HIS LIST OF TEAMS HE WOULD ACCEPT A TRADE TO.

E20
05-29-2005, 10:30 PM
The problem is if you let "Wade get his", Wade is going to go out there and get 50.
Well when Wade is getting 50, it won't be like Nash getting 30 Points and 12 Assists which equals over 55 points. No matter what people say about how Shaq isn't 100% and can still dominate it comes down to Wade, he's actually doing the dominating and the way Shaq played with 24 Points and 6 Rebounds against a horrible defensive game by the Pistons I wouldn't be too worried about him and have faith in Mo, Rasho, and Mass in trying to contain him.

ALVAREZ6
Yeah this is his SECOND year.

And?
Read the second sentence in my previous post.

ducks
you do realize how good the heat were without shaq?

Tek_XX
05-29-2005, 10:33 PM
Damn some of ya'll make Wade sound like MJ, he's good but don't make him seem unstoppable(see game 1 of this series). He will get his points, and that's ok, we would just have to hold other players down as much as possible.

ducks
05-29-2005, 10:35 PM
how many days was wade off before game one
like 11 right?

myhc
05-29-2005, 10:43 PM
Wade is the real deal. I'd easily put him as a top 5 guard in the league. He did struggle in game 1 but then dropped 40 and 36 on a great defensive Pistons team. Nobody on our team is going to stop him. The key would be to stop everybody else. You can't have guys like Dooling and the Jones boys hitting 3s.

TMSKILZ
05-29-2005, 11:24 PM
We're in trouble.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 12:55 AM
I would put Bruce Bowen on Eddie Jones and alternate Parker and Ginobili on Wade. The key is to shut down Eddie Jones and Damon Jones.

HB22inSA
05-30-2005, 01:30 AM
I like Ginobili on Wade, and Bowen on E. Jones.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:49 AM
what will bowen do to wade?

He will watch in awe while Wade makes a lot of posters................

It will be fun when it goes down. Congrats to the spurs for sweeping. lets see if mia can trash det in 5 or 6.

heat vs spurs in the finals. these will be some fun gtg's. :fro

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 01:57 AM
You can't have guys like Dooling and the Jones boys hitting 3s.

That's the key, same as it was against the Lakers - you can't let the role players kill you.

MI21
05-30-2005, 05:30 AM
Tony Parker - Damon Jones
Manu Ginobili - Eddie Jones
Bruce Bowen - Dwyane Wade
Tim Duncan - Udonis Haslem
Nazr Mohammed - Shaquille O'Neal

Would anyone have any problems with that at all?

usckk
05-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Rasho-O'Neal

wildbill2u
05-30-2005, 05:25 PM
can he shut down wade in the finals?

if there is a thread about playing pistons in finals I think the heat deserve one also.

And wade is awesome

Shut him down? NO. Wade IS a great young player and you can't completely shut down the great ones.

But Bowen doesn't have to shut him down for us to win. If he takes him from a 30ppg player to low 20s ppg then he will have done his job and probably handed the series to the Spurs.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 05:44 PM
This is one matchup that Bowen will struggle with. Bowen likes to get in peoples faces but Wade has such a quick first step that he will get by Bowen and might get the spurs big men in foul trouble. I say put all 3 players on Wade to give him different looks so he doesn't get in a rhythm. If you keep one player on him he will figure it out.

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 05:48 PM
Wade would not break 30 in any game that Bruce was on him.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-30-2005, 05:59 PM

Wade wasn't the player he is now, not by a long shot. I don't know what they're feeding the kid, but it certainly had the effect they intended, that and more.