PDA

View Full Version : Perfume/Cologne...

Strike
01-17-2011, 05:21 PM
...or not?

Personally, I find the overpowering smell of perfume on a woman is less than desirable. A light dusting or none at all is preferable.

How do you like the opposite (or same, if that's your thing) sex to smell? Clean, obviously. I'm talking about in addition to not smelling like a sewer.

mrsmaalox
01-17-2011, 05:30 PM
As long as it's very light and there are no gold chains with medallions involved, I'm fine with most any scent. Nothing beats just plain clean though :tu

CuckingFunt
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
On both men and women, I like scents that are natural, light, fresh, and clean. Citrus, mint, cucumber, and so forth. I also like vanillas, spices (an ex had a cinnamon body wash that smelled heavenly), fruit, and floral scents so long as they're not too heavy or too sweet.

I can't stand anything that smells like chemicals, though, which rules out most perfumes and colognes. That stuff doesn't trigger anything for me other than an allergy attack.

Cyrano
01-17-2011, 05:50 PM
What can a woman put behind her ears to attract a man's attention?

Her ankles.

balli
01-17-2011, 06:00 PM
The best cologne is Hugh Parsons. I'll wear it about three times a year. Only if I'm in a suit.

Light perfume is cool, but worthy girls smell nice without it, what with their special soaps and lotions and pheromones and all.

Bukefal
01-17-2011, 06:29 PM
I can't stand over-use of perfume either. Such a turn off

Just a little bit, subtle scent is great

Frenzy
01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
The best cologne is Hugh Parsons. I'll wear it about three times a year. Only if I'm in a suit.

Light perfume is cool, but worthy girls smell nice without it, what with their special soaps and lotions and pheromones and all.

Lotions and soaps on a hot girl...your right you won't need perfume. That draws in men enough.

ButtHurt Committee
01-17-2011, 07:47 PM
Cool Water and Very Sexy is all I wear. Spray it in the air and walk into the mist is all you ever need for any cologne. I once made a chic go take a shower she had on so much perfume. Fucked my taste buds up. Moisturizing with coconut oil does it for me, but when I want a lil something extra, those are my choices. Coco Channel for the woman.

Hooks
01-17-2011, 09:18 PM
I looooove it when women wear perfume, turns me on 8===D

I myself wear a couple of colognes, I am VERY picky though. I once smelled every single cologne at Macy's (no joke, prolly smelled like 40-50) and didn't like ANY of them.

The ones I do wear are:
-Coolwater
-Pure Instinct black (My favorite, only cost me $20 and smells GREAT)
-Creed Tabarome (I got tired of this one really fast, spent $100 on this :()

Creed has the BEST scents you can probably find, but they'll cost you around $200 each, the only place they sell them is Saks 5th avenue. They've made around 20 colognes and perfumes, and they've been making cologne for a couple hundred years!

David Bowie
01-17-2011, 09:39 PM
I like very light cologne or AXE spray on men. I like light flower scented perfume on women.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 10:10 PM
As long as it's very light and there are no gold chains with medallions involved, I'm fine with most any scent. Nothing beats just plain clean though :tu
Agreed.

Wild Cobra
01-17-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm good with no scent, but when a woman does wear one, something real light that you have to be close to smell. Too many women simply wear too much. Men too.... When I can smell you 10 ft away, there is something wrong!

Chachachango
01-17-2011, 10:22 PM
I'm okay with what ever they wear as long that is not too strong, sweet, in your face kinda smell. Some good colognes in my collection are Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed from Creed.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-17-2011, 10:27 PM
Agreed.

You like a clean smelling man, too?

Hooks
01-17-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm okay with what ever they wear as long that is not too strong, sweet, in your face kinda smell. Some good colognes in my collection are Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed from Creed.

Green Irish Tweed and Cool Water are nearly identical, GIT of course smells a bit better but the average person won't be able to tell the difference between the two.

I thought about buying GIT but I saved a whole lotta money on CW instead.

P Diddy also copied off two of Creed's cologne's, although they smell really shitty compared to Creed's, a generic version. One of them is "Unforgiveable" and the other is "I am king".

The Gemini Method
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
I usually only wear cologne on special occasions...but the one I prefer is Light Blue.

lebomb
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I like when the wife sprays perfume on her ankles and feet. :makeout

Actually I just threw that in ........ but, I do like perfume on her. I bought her some Chanel and Coach for her bday and christmas.

Me, I wear cologne all the time B republic classic. I always get compliments from the ladies at work.

I dont smell like the bathroom door of a shrimp boat like half the asshats here at work. :hat

lefty
01-18-2011, 10:51 PM
- Black XS : not my favorite scent, but it really works with the ladies :hat; plus, not everybody wears it

- Armani Code

- Malizia Uomo Vetyver

- Aqua Di Gio

- Cheap stuff: Old Spice Showtime, Brut Revolution

TDMVPDPOY
01-18-2011, 11:02 PM
how about guys wearing women cologne :(

then u have the cheapskates using deodorant for sports for everyday perfume :(

toilet cologne for every day use :(

Bukefal
01-19-2011, 06:10 AM
- Malizia Uomo Vetyver

I use this too as deodorant, It's nice.

for the rest

Colognes:
- Aqua di Gio
- Laura Biagiotti Roma
- Chanel Allure
- Hugo Boss
- Burberry brit men
- JP Gaultier

After shave:
- Old Spice

JudynTX
01-19-2011, 08:56 AM
My man wears Curve. I tried to buy him other colognes but he's not changing anytime soon. :D

I wear Eternity, Oscar De La Renta and Ysatis. But Versace Bright Lights is my favorite right now. :)

SpursWoman
01-19-2011, 09:06 AM
My DH doesn't wear cologne ... but I'd definitely say that Degree deodorant smells pretty damn good. :tu

I wear Juicy Couture, Couture Couture and Viva la Juicy. And that's kind of pricey to be bathing in ... so just a little bit works just fine. :)

Soul_Patch
01-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Tommy Bahama cologne is great, or i love it at least. Sorta smells like you spilled a fruity cocktail on yourself.

ploto
01-19-2011, 10:55 AM
I am so thankful that no one I work with bathes in perfume or cologne because they give me migraines.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-19-2011, 11:01 AM
Viva la JuicyCool name. Must be good :toast

JudynTX
01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
My DH doesn't wear cologne ... but I'd definitely say that Degree deodorant smells pretty damn good. :tu

Is he not a fan of cologne?

lebomb
01-19-2011, 11:14 AM
I am so thankful that no one I work with bathes in perfume or cologne because they give me migraines.

All that is needed is two squirts. You dont have to do the after victory gatorade bucket dump ..................... :lmao

lefty
02-13-2012, 10:38 AM
Updated list:

- Black XS : not my favorite scent, but it really works with the ladies :hat; plus, not everybody wears it

- Armani Code

- Jean-Paul Gautier Le Mâle

- 1 million

- YSL La Nuit de l'Homme

- Aqua Di Gio

- Chanel Egoiste Platinum (very versatile)

- Azzaro Chrome; this one is a POS

- Dolce & Gabanna The One; amazing scent, but projection and longevity are very shitty.
Too bad, it could have been an absolute masterpiece; I will try it in summer to see the heat will help

- Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Agloco
02-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Armani for me. When around patients, I don't use anything other then deo though.

mavs>spurs
02-13-2012, 03:36 PM
dolce and gabana

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 03:37 PM
Updated list:

- Armani Code

- Jean-Paul Gautier Le Mâle

- 1 million

- YSL La Nuit de l'Homme

- Aqua Di Gio

- Chanel Egoiste Platinum (very versatile)

- Azzaro Chrome; this one is a POS

- Dolce & Gabanna The One; amazing scent, but projection and longevity are very shitty.
Too bad, it could have been an absolute masterpiece; I will try it in summer to see the heat will help

- Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Those all sound gay.

lefty
02-13-2012, 03:43 PM
Those all sound gay.
You are butthurt because I blasted the Grammy's :lmao

JudynTX
02-13-2012, 04:00 PM
You are butthurt because I blasted the Grammy's :lmao

No, not at all. :lol I'm not a fan of that crappy show.

lefty
02-13-2012, 07:10 PM
No, not at all. :lol I'm not a fan of that crappy show.

My colognes may sound gay

But they work :D

DeadlyDynasty
02-13-2012, 07:15 PM
Curve.

That's mine...can't wear cologne at work, though. I've had the same shit for 10 years and still get compliments from the ladies...although older women (35+) tend to really like Curve for some reason:lol

ALVAREZ6
02-13-2012, 08:47 PM
That's mine...can't wear cologne at work, though. I've had the same shit for 10 years and still get compliments from the ladies...although older women (35+) tend to really like Curve for some reason:lol

:tu

Curve is good.

Girasuck
02-13-2012, 11:18 PM
I'll be honest...when my wife puts on Obsession for women I get instantly hard. Something about that scent drives me nuts.

DMC
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
Perfumes that enhance her presence = good

Perfumes that cover her stank = bad

Also, nothing worse than a smoker who tries to hide their stench in a perfume bath.

I wear whatever I get as a gift from relatives or whatever my wife buys me. I figure if she likes it, why not. Aftershave is different, I have my preferences.

Fpoonsie
02-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Kenneth Cole's Reaction.

mavs>spurs
02-14-2012, 12:27 AM
victoria secret for men "very sexy" has gotten me a few compliments tbh.

Fpoonsie
02-14-2012, 12:36 AM
victoria secret for men "very sexy" has gotten me a few compliments tbh.

Yeah, I know quite a few chicks that love that scent.

As far as what I like ON women, I've become a fan of Burberry. Or anytime they're wearing some kinda vanilla body spray.

cantthinkofanything
02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
... Or anytime they're wearing some kinda vanilla body spray.

snicker

that's the goal anyway

Fpoonsie
02-14-2012, 12:44 AM
snicker

that's the goal anyway

:lol

JudynTX
02-14-2012, 09:34 AM

:tu

Curve is good.

:tu Curve is the only cologne my husband wears. Yum!

cantthinkofanything
02-14-2012, 11:25 AM
I use the tears from a scorned lover.

Whisky Dog
02-14-2012, 12:46 PM
The only one you need is Sex Panther

Whisky Dog
02-14-2012, 12:50 PM
If no Sex Panther then

D&G The One

Armani Code or Diamond. No Aqua Di Gio because everyone wears it so it has negative effect.

Versace Man

The one I have gotten by far the most complements on is Marc Jacobs for men. It's a very unique scent and strong so you just want to use a very little amount. Not very many people wear it.

lefty
02-14-2012, 02:50 PM
If no Sex Panther then

D&G The One

Armani Code or Diamond. No Aqua Di Gio because everyone wears it so it has negative effect.

Versace Man

The one I have gotten by far the most complements on is Marc Jacobs for men. It's a very unique scent and strong so you just want to use a very little amount. Not very many people wear it.

DG the One smells amazing, but has shitty projection and longevity (at least on me)

Code is fucking nice

ADG, I dont care if everybody wears it, I have it because I like it; when summer hits, it's perfect :hat
And it's the original aquatic, the one that a lot of designers have tried to emulate

DeadlyDynasty
02-14-2012, 03:01 PM
...tha fuck is longetivity?

Girasuck
02-15-2012, 03:11 AM
The only one you need is Sex Panther

It smells like Bigfoot's dick.

boutons_deux
02-15-2012, 06:17 AM
Evolution rewarded women (and preserved the species) who learned how to smell themselves away from diseased men

Women can smell STD infection in men, reveals new science

Men carrying certain sexually transmitted infections may actually smell worse to women than men without such infections

"Our research revealed that infectious disease reduces odor attractiveness in humans," lead researcher Mikhail Moshkin said. "We can conclude that unpleasant body odor of infected persons can reduce the probability of a dangerous partnership,"

The women rated the sweat of the healthy men nearly twice as pleasant as that of the infected men. They judged nearly half of the infected men's samples as foul-smelling. In contrast, only one-third of the overall samples were rated as foul-smelling.

Similarly, while 26 percent of the healthy men's samples were described as "floral," only 10 percent of the samples from the infected men were described with that adjective. A full 40 percent of the infected men's samples were described as "putrid," compared with just 30 percent of the samples from the healthy men.

http://www.naturalnews.com/z034946_STD_infections_smell.html

greyforest
02-15-2012, 06:51 AM
I can't stand anything that smells like chemicals, though, which rules out most perfumes and colognes. That stuff doesn't trigger anything for me other than an allergy attack.

+1, although I am probably more sensitive than either of you. Some artificial fragrances have given me 30+ hour migraines. My life is basically ruined by fragrance.