PDA

View Full Version : How bad is the West?

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 01:21 AM
The Whorenets are only 1 1/2 games out of the 3rd spot :lol

Outside of the Spurs and Lakers, the rest of the West has become pathetically average. Dallas has a decent excuse with Dirk (not really), but what's the rest of the West's excuse? Come on man! :lol

rayjayjohnson
01-18-2011, 01:22 AM
Run along now, you talking shit.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2011, 01:23 AM
A hornets fan admitting the Spurs are actually good??

21_Blessings
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
The Spurs are just winning the regular season games they're supposed to win. Nothing to see there.

If CP3 ever finds his balls I could see the Whorenets surprise anal-sexing the Spurs in a series.

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Ya, I said this before the season, while people here kept hyping up the West for some reason..

The top 3 is legit, if the Mavs are healthy and acquire a Stephen Jackson/Iggy/Wallace type..however, other than that, it's pretty weak..OKC/Utah aren't any better than Atlanta or maybe even the Knicks, yet they were hyped as some kind of contenders..

Dex
01-18-2011, 01:26 AM
As compared to the East, where the Pacers are sitting in the 8th playoff spot at 6 games behind .500?

The East is just lucky it has the Celtics and Lebron.

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 01:26 AM
The Spurs are just winning the regular season games they're supposed to win. Nothing to see there.

If CP3 ever finds his balls I could see the Whorenets surprise anal-sexing the Spurs in a series.

Whorenets don't have enough offense to keep up with the Spurs. Expect a massacre Saturday night in New Orleans when the two teams meet up :lol

DJ Mbenga
01-18-2011, 01:28 AM
son this is all thanks to leader david west.

rayjayjohnson
01-18-2011, 01:28 AM

I'd more expect the anal sexing to happen to the mavs. They have to lose to someone in that first round.

Killakobe81
01-18-2011, 01:29 AM
Ya, I said this before the season, while people here kept hyping up the West for some reason..

The top 3 is legit, if the Mavs are healthy and acquire a Stephen Jackson/Iggy/Wallace type..however, other than that, it's pretty weak..OKC/Utah aren't any better than Atlanta or maybe even the Knicks, yet they were hyped as some kind of contenders..

I agree these teams are dangerous for a round: OKC, UTAH and Dallas (no trades)

These teams have no shot: POR, NO, HOU, etc.

Contenders in the west: 1. Spurs 2. Lakers

Dallas: was felled by injury and Kidd is almost turning to derek fisher on offense.
NO: Paul scored 6 point tonight in a close game.
HOU & POR: Injuries (again)

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 01:33 AM
I agree these teams are dangerous for a round: OKC, UTAH and Dallas (no trades)

These teams have no shot: POR, NO, HOU, etc.

Contenders in the west: 1. Spurs 2. Lakers

Dallas: was felled by injury and Kidd is almost turning to derek fisher on offense.
NO: Paul scored 6 point tonight in a close game.
HOU & POR: Injuries (again)

To be honest, Whorenets don't need CPfleece to play big to beat OKC or Utah or maybe even Dallas right now. They could win a first round series against Utah or OKC. Probably not against Dallas. And they have no shot against the Spurs or Lakers in a series unless CP3 would return to his 2007-2009 form and that may not be enough.

TE
01-18-2011, 01:39 AM
It seems like almost every hornet fan on ST has lost some form of credibility. Hornets78 tops that list, stupid fucking bandwagon fan. Now that the Mavs are in a funk you thinking of jumping ship and jumping on another bandwagon, try the Lakers, please.

BRHornet45
01-18-2011, 01:57 AM
sons this RexCuckold is NOT a Hornets fan

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 02:00 AM
The Eastern Conference is even worse...it's a top-heavy league and it'll be that way for the foreseeable future.

01-18-2011, 02:28 AM
this is what happens when stern jams all the talent into the celtics, heat, and lakers.

crc21209
01-18-2011, 02:35 AM

So first you hope that the Clippers can take out the Spurs in the 1st round, and now CP3? :lol

LnGrrrR
01-18-2011, 02:51 AM

Koolaid Man approves this post.

(Really, any post with the thought of men raping other men gets his thumbs up. And probably more than that.)

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Koolaid Man approves this post.

(Really, any post with the thought of men raping other men gets his thumbs up. And probably more than that.)

Cool avatar and sig bro

Yorae
01-18-2011, 02:55 AM
I thought the mavs are staaaaaaaaccckkkkkkkkkked....

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-18-2011, 02:58 AM
I thought the mavs are staaaaaaaaccckkkkkkkkkked....

We are, let the injuries go away and we'll see whats up

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 03:37 AM
I never ask for credibility. I speak the truth. Some people can't handle it.

TE
01-18-2011, 03:40 AM
I never ask for credibility. I speak the truth. Some people can't handle it.

The truth leads to you doing a 180, resulting in rooting for a different team?

Please

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 03:42 AM
The truth leads to you doing a 180, resulting in rooting for a different team?

Please

Or an actual team.

Remind me how stable the Whorenets are without an owner and with a terrible lease. I always said once this team regained stability, I would be back on board.

TE
01-18-2011, 03:44 AM
Or an actual team.

Remind me how stable the Whorenets are without an owner and with a terrible lease. I always said once this team regained stability, I would be back on board.

No matter how bad of a position your team is, no one should ever jump ship unless their team is relocating. The Hornets relocating has been an idea considered but taken into action? No.

Try again.

#41 Shoot Em Up
01-18-2011, 03:54 AM
Hornets78 +1

PURO SAN ANTO 210!
01-18-2011, 06:10 AM
Where amazing happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Venti Quattro
01-18-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't even know if Dallas can make their return to their early form even if by a chance a miracle happens and Caron is able to walk with two feet and play.

alchemist
01-18-2011, 12:49 PM
the West isn't up to par this season, I don't see any team knocking off L.A. or San Antonio in the playoffs.

Rummpd
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM
West has 11 of the top 16 teams (Mavs all the way down to that in an unreal drop from I believe #2 just a few weeks ago) right now by Hollinger's Power rankings and the fact these teams play each other more often seemingly hurts their records.
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerrankings
Does anyone have a link to West Conference record vs. Eastern Conf so far this year?

Notice if you subtract the conference record from their total losses:

Boston has lost already 4 x to the West this year
Heat 7 x
Chicago 5x
Magic 8X

Spurs lost 3x to East
Lakers 4 x to East
Mavs 7 x to East (but losing to everyone recently)
Utah and Thunder 4X

Spots 6 and 7 in East have 22 and 23 losses already (the powerhouses of the Sixers and the Pacers) with the West at 17 and 20 (Nuggets and Portland) losses and no team in the top 8 in the West has a losing record.
http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html

Everything I see points to West still stronger although the gap may have narrowed.

Rummpd
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
the West isn't up to par this season, I don't see any team knocking off L.A. or San Antonio in the playoffs.

A lot could happen the Mavs could rebound and add talent & the Thunder and Jazz are still viable threats IMO

DMC
01-18-2011, 03:49 PM
The Jizz have never been viable threats. The Mavs are their own worst enemy.

Rummpd
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
The Jizz have never been viable threats. The Mavs are their own worst enemy.

Any team with Deron Williams is a threat to steal games and a series - he is that good if he gets on a roll.

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 06:13 PM
Any team with Deron Williams is a threat to steal games and a series - he is that good if he gets on a roll.

Any team that loses by 30 points to the Hornets aren't going anywhere. The Jazz are not a threat. They will get steamrolled by the Spurs or Lakers in a 7 game series.

OKC ain't no threat either. Can't win with Green, Kristic, and Ibaka as your frontcourt players. Not happening.

Dallas had a shot, but they need to regain some momentum.

DMC
01-18-2011, 08:02 PM
The Whorenets are only 1 1/2 games out of the 3rd spot :lol

Outside of the Spurs and Lakers, the rest of the West has become pathetically average. Dallas has a decent excuse with Dirk (not really), but what's the rest of the West's excuse? Come on man! :lol
You are one confused ball of nutjuice aren't you.

Cry Havoc
01-18-2011, 08:29 PM
The NBA is thinner at the top this year than in recent memory. This is not news. It's the product of a soft-cap system, where teams immediately dump their best players or biggest contracts if they aren't in contention to win a title in the next 24 months. Teams making a run buy them up, and get even more powerful, which makes the league even worse at the mid-bottom rungs.

In fairness to those teams, what incentive is there to finish as a 6th or lower seed? Chances are you won't sniff the Finals, especially with the Lakers/Spurs/Hornets/Mavs in the West, and the Heat/Celtics/Magic/Bulls in the East. Why compete for the 7th or 8th seed only to knock yourself out of lottery contention and to have even less of a chance of landing a guy like Kevin Durant in the future drafts?

ElNono
01-18-2011, 08:36 PM
tbh, it doesn't matter. Rockets have that #2 seed locked up anyways :lobt2:

ClingingMars
01-18-2011, 08:48 PM
OKC are still a threat imo