PDA

View Full Version : Are this yrs Heat & Wade the ......

TMSKILZ
05-29-2005, 11:00 PM
reincarnation of the Fakerz dynasty & Kobe?

When we finally close out the Suns (hoping it's Mon night) & if we face the Heat, I'd be worried, b/c the way Wade is playing & putting up #'s reminds me a lot of Kobe with Shaq during their 3 yr championship run.

I don't think we'll slow down wade as he's really fast & strong , attacks the Rim & is getting a lot of calls & attemping a lot of FT's!

Lets go Spurs!

3rdCoast
05-29-2005, 11:07 PM
it will be a fight to the death, but exciting as hell. both teams must get there first, but in my obviously biased opinion, I think the heat with sahq and wade are just as good as the title teams from LA. The main difference - role players know their roles in miami.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-29-2005, 11:10 PM
We can't stop Stoudamire either, and we're still 3 - 0 against the Suns. No problem

TMSKILZ
05-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Tx3 I completely agree with you & share your opinion, which is why I created this thread.

Wade is playing & putting up comparable stats like Kobe during that 3 yr stretch, & the role players for the heat are playing & doing their part like the role players for the Fakers did.

Shaq gives us fits just as TD gives other teams fits, b/c of both their inside presence & domination, which opens up everything for their respective teammates like open looks & lanes to drive to the rim.

Det or Mia will be a challenge, but I feel Mia will be the bigger challenege & threat for us. Wade has been awesome & it's only his 2nd season, w0werz!

adidas11
05-30-2005, 12:01 AM
I disagree, because Shaq is not the same player that he was 3, 4, and 5 years ago.

Back in those days, Shaq was regularly putting up 40/20 nights in the playoffs. He's not capable of doing that now.

A big reason why Detroit was able to beat the Lakers last year was because Shaq is slowing down. Philly used the same game plan against the Lakers in 2001, but the difference back then was Shaq was routinely going for 35 to 40 points a night.

Regardless, the Heat right now are still pretty good, and would give San Antonio a good run in the finals, if that were to happen.

HB22inSA
05-30-2005, 12:03 AM
I fear the Pistons more than the Heat.

Spurodamus
05-30-2005, 12:13 AM
The only thing Rasho Nesterovic has ever stopped is nocturnal emission.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I don't think *anyone* can guard Wade right now with the way the refs are protecting him.

They referee contact on Dwyane Wade like it's Bobby Fischer playing chess.

Duff McCartney
05-30-2005, 12:33 AM
Dwayne Wade is still not anywhere near Kobe. I was having a discussion with my cousins last night about Shaq/Kobe vs Shaq/Wade.

Kobe is still years ahead of Wade. I remember in 01 and 02 playoffs against the Spurs. Kobe simple just went off on the Spurs in the 4th quarters. There was nothing the Spurs could do to stop him, not with Bowen or with Duncan and Robinson. Nothing.

He put the fear of death into people in those playoffs, Wade doesn't do that at all.

I still remember it like it was yesterday in 01 when the Spurs went to WCF against the Lakers. It was just an embarrassment, seriously…I mean the Lakers embarrassed the Spurs.

Nikos
05-30-2005, 12:35 AM
I don't even remember Drob being healthy at all in 2001 or 2002 playoffs.

Duff McCartney
05-30-2005, 12:37 AM
He was healthy in 01, that was the Derek Anderson year. He wasn't in 02 I think.

Rummpd
05-30-2005, 07:22 AM
We have an answer for Mr. Wade:

GINOBLI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 07:24 AM
Bruce will frustrate Wade and make him work for his points.

Bruce>>>>Prince

TMSKILZ
05-30-2005, 10:44 AM
It's easy to say that Wade in his 2nd yr >>>Kobe in his 2nd yr. Wade has made a huge jump in play from rookie to soph Yr, plus Kobe didn't lead his team to the playoffs in his rookie yr as wade did.

Kid is a special player, b/c he has a nice jump shot & his athletic to boot. regardless who we meet in the finals, it's going to be a nerve racking experience for me to watch, I hope we win it all.

JoeChalupa
05-30-2005, 10:47 AM
If Shaq were in his prime they'd be on their way.

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 11:16 AM
It's easy to say that Wade in his 2nd yr >>>Kobe in his 2nd yr. Wade has made a huge jump in play from rookie to soph Yr, plus Kobe didn't lead his team to the playoffs in his rookie yr as wade did.

Kid is a special player, b/c he has a nice jump shot & his athletic to boot. regardless who we meet in the finals, it's going to be a nerve racking experience for me to watch, I hope we win it all.

What teams has Wade played against this postseason so far, Nets? Wiz? What teams did Kobe play against his 2nd year in the league? SA? Kings?

TwoHandJam
05-30-2005, 11:29 AM
I still firmly believe Detroit will win this series. I have a feeling Wade will be contained by the Pistons before it's all said and done.

Nikos
05-30-2005, 11:40 AM
He was healthy in 01, that was the Derek Anderson year. He wasn't in 02 I think.

If he was healthy, then he put up the biggest choke job ever. I remember him doing VERY well against Dallas and the series before in Round 1. Then in round 3 he pretty much fouls out every game, and produces horrible numbers? How is that?

How could it be that Drob in 03 didn't foul out every game, yet in 01 he did even worse, when he was younger? Did he just choke and get outmanned by Shaq that bad in that series? If he did, than he pretty much was no worse than Will Perdue or a 45 year old Cartwright or any scrub from any team who might have guarded Shaq in a playoffs series.

From what I remember he wasn't near 100% in that series.