PDA

View Full Version : Remember when the Spurs beat the Mavs with Keith Bogans and Mason JR??

hater
01-18-2011, 12:02 PM
:lmao

how the fuck did Pop pull that off????

Venti Quattro
01-18-2011, 12:07 PM
The other team had JJ Barea and Jason Terry

hater
01-18-2011, 12:10 PM

you are seriously comparing the great Jet and Puerto Rican Jordan with the manure that is RMJ and KB????

not to mention mavs activated Roddy "Isaiah" Beabois for that series

in2deep
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
the mavs have just a way of beating themselves in the playoffs. Even tuff juice couldn't help them in the playoffs.

xellos88330
01-18-2011, 12:39 PM
That is why Pop is a great coach. He just switched up one thing. Who was setting the screen. To start off that series it was McDyess setting them all in game 1. Nowitzki is more mobile in defending the penetration after the screen and he knew that Haywood/Dampier would still be behind him as the shot blockers. Pop just made Duncan start setting the screens pulling Haywood/Dampier out and leaving Nowitzki alone to defend the paint. Nowitzki couldn't really leave McDyess all alone, so more often than not, he was in no mans land. It also let McDyess work wonders on the glass. Nowitzki is good, but the Spurs made him work really hard having to box out McDyess, defend the paint, AND score the basketball.

Only thing Carlisle could have done to stop it is to put Nowtizki on Duncan. That wouldn't have been a good answer as it puts Dirk in danger of getting into foul trouble.

in2deep
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
LOL Dirk

Fpoonsie
01-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Spurs were incredibly lucky Roddy played all of 5 or so mins that series, 'else he woulda gone Harris circa '06 on us.

Fpoonsie
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
Actually, after looking at the boxscores for that series, he wasn't especially effective. Terry had a huge game in the OT of gm 4, but Harris wasn't necessarily outstanding.

I coulda sworn he was a nightmare for SA. Admittedly, I'm still trying to forget...

[shrug]

jestersmash
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM
Just posted this in another thread -

Best and Worst players by position all by PER

Top 3 point guards in the league -

1. Chris Paul
2. Steve Nash
3. Russell Westbrook

Worst point guards in the league -

3. Acie Law
2. Chris Duhon
1. Jonny Flynn

Top 3 shooting guards in the league

1. Dwayne Wade
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Manu Ginobili

Worst shooting guards in the league

3. Xavier Henry
2. Rasual Butler
1. Keith Bogans

Top 3 shooting forwards in the league -

1. Lebron James
2. Kevin Durant
3. Paul Pierce

Worst shooting forwards in the league

3. Quincy Pondexter
2. Maurice Evans
1. Stephen Graham

Top 3 power forwards in the league

1. Dirk
2. Kevin Love
3. Amare

Worst PFs in the league

3. Juwan Howard
2. Troy Murphy
1. Jawad Williams

Top 3 Centers

1. Dwight
2. Al Horford
3. Tim Duncan

Worst centers in the league

3. Timofey Mozgov
2. Jason Collins
1. Hasheem Thabeet

Bogans is literally the worst shooting guard in the league. That's enough to earn him a starting spot on the Bulls and a $1.6 million salary this year.

JamStone
He didn't play Keith Bogans and Roger Mason, Jr very much at all.

That's how.

#41 Shoot Em Up

:lol

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:04 PM
lol you know Spurs fans have fallen far from grace when they're the ones sucking each other's dicks over a first round playoff win.

jestersmash
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
Better to have fallen from grace than never to have experienced grace at all, IMO.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
lol you know Spurs fans have fallen far from grace when they're the ones sucking each other's dicks over a first round playoff win.

:lol

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM

So your saying beating the Mavs in the playoffs is as easy as you having a meltdown on ST?

Mugen
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
we followed it up with a Skunker though!

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
So your saying beating the Mavs in the playoffs is as easy as you having a meltdown on ST?

Apparently not since the Spurs have failed at it twice now.

hater
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
He didn't play Keith Bogans and Roger Mason, Jr very much at all.

That's how.

KB played 10mpg and Mason 11mpg vs. Mavs. That's 21mpg of utter shit playing.

I wish ppl would do their research before spewing shit :rolleyes

hater
01-18-2011, 04:14 PM
BTW what did Mason provide in those 44 golden minutes vs. the Mavs??? 3point

3 fucking points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and Bogans, ZERO

and we still beat them :wow

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM

so guys that play less than 25% of each game have a significant impact on the outcome of the series?

crofl

hater
01-18-2011, 04:17 PM
so guys that play less than 25% of each game have a significant impact on the outcome of the series?

crofl

I'm gonna go ahead and guess you've never played competitive basketball before?

Roddy Beaubois
01-18-2011, 04:20 PM
I know haters just being a dumb mexican, but just for the sake of argument:

Dampier had no FG's in the entire series. As a starter.

JJ Barea got 18 minutes a game and shot 33%.

hater
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
I know haters just being a dumb mexican, but just for the sake of argument:

Dampier had no FG's in the entire series. As a starter.

JJ Barea got 18 minutes a game and shot 33%.

look mavfan. I'm not gonna start arguing which team had the shittier players. that is retarded.

Point is Spurs won a series with those pieces of shit which is suprising. Go out find 2 homeless ppl and put a uniform on them. If your team wins a series it should be noteworthy.

JamStone
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM

In that Dallas series...

Keith Bogans played:

16:12 in game 1
5:56 in game 4
12:00 in game 5
7:26 in game 6

Bogans did not play in games 2 or 3.

Roger Mason played:

9:17 in game 1
5:43 in game 2
1:10 in game 3
27:36 in the game 5 blowout loss

Mason did not play in games 4 or 6.

I repeat, Pop didn't play them much at all. They were used sparingly just to rest guys because Manu and Richard Jefferson couldn't each play 45 minutes each game. That's how the Spurs won.

Aside from game 1 and the blowout loss in game 5, it wasn't 21 minutes for Mason and Bogans. In games 2, 3, 4, and 6 the two of the combined for an average of about 5 minutes each of those games. Ironically, those are the four games the Spurs won, when Pop didn't play Bogans and Mason much at all.

You're the one who's supposed to be the Spurs fan. :rolleyes

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:28 PM

:lmao like your fat beaner ass ever has.

playing HORSE with 400 lb cousin Jorge and both of you sucking wind afterwards doesn't count either, brah.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 04:29 PM
Better to have fallen from grace than never to have experienced grace at all, IMO.

:lmao :lmao

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
he's a picklebreath, what do you think?

:lol be glad I let you know the password to my trolls, or you'd just be the nonexistant dickhead who timvp sent to hell.

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM

I think Bump said he and Mono hoop it up by their house.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8933/superstock1589r33368.jpg

BUMP.
01-18-2011, 04:36 PM
^rofl

when did that happen? Did you give them all out?

if so, sucks to see Donnie Nelson go. da_pats___fan was pretty funny too

hater
01-18-2011, 04:37 PM
In that Dallas series...

Keith Bogans played:

16:12 in game 1
5:56 in game 4
12:00 in game 5
7:26 in game 6

Bogans did not play in games 2 or 3.

Roger Mason played:

9:17 in game 1
5:43 in game 2
1:10 in game 3
27:36 in the game 5 blowout loss

Mason did not play in games 4 or 6.

I repeat, Pop didn't play them much at all. They were used sparingly just to rest guys because Manu and Richard Jefferson couldn't each play 45 minutes each game. That's how the Spurs won.

Aside from game 1 and the blowout loss in game 5, it wasn't 21 minutes for Mason and Bogans. In games 2, 3, 4, and 6 the two of the combined for an average of about 5 minutes each of those games. Ironically, those are the four games the Spurs won, when Pop didn't play Bogans and Mason much at all.

You're the one who's supposed to be the Spurs fan. :rolleyes

you sure you want to bring Dick Jefferson to your argument???

The Dick that posted a monster 9ppg in 33mpg???

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:38 PM
I think Bump said he and Mono hoop it up by their house.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/8933/superstock1589r33368.jpg

:lmao like your overly sensitive fat beaner ass can ball. I guarantee you BUMP would teabag you within 5 minutes of one game against your bitch ass.

JamStone
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
Bogan's and Mason's combined minutes in games 1 and 5, both losses: 65:05
Average combined minutes in those two games: 32:02

Bogan's and Mason's combined minutes in games 2, 3, 4, and 6, all wins: 20:15
Average combined minutes in those four games: 5:04

The Spurs won because Pop didn't play Bogans and Mason much after game 1 except the blowout loss in game 5. That's why they won. Pop realized Bogans and Mason sucked and he didn't use them.

JamStone
01-18-2011, 04:43 PM
you sure you want to bring Dick Jefferson to your argument???

The Dick that posted a monster 9ppg in 33mpg???

How about you just address the fact that you were wrong about the two of them averaging 21 minutes each game, that you didn't realize Pop didn't even play each of them in two of the six games in the series, and that the only time they got big minutes were in the two losses.

How about you address that first. And then I'll wax rhapsodic about how 9 PPG in 33 MPG is better than a combined 3 points in over 85 minutes of play for both Bogans and Mason.

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Bogan's and Mason's combined minutes in games 1 and 5, both losses: 65:05
Average combined minutes in those two games: 32:02

Bogan's and Mason's combined minutes in games 2, 3, 4, and 6, all wins: 20:15
Average combined minutes in those four games: 5:04

The Spurs won because Pop didn't play Bogans and Mason much after game 1 except the blowout loss in game 5. That's why they won. Pop realized Bogans and Mason sucked and he didn't use them.

Stop giving them facts, Jam. They don't want to hear the facts. crofl Spurs Fans have become just like Fox News.

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 04:47 PM
:lmao like your overly sensitive fat beaner ass can ball. I guarantee you BUMP would teabag you within 5 minutes of one game against your bitch ass.

With you cheering with pom poms, "Go bump Go"? BTW, I'm white.

hater
01-18-2011, 04:49 PM
How about you just address the fact that you were wrong about the two of them averaging 21 minutes each game, that you didn't realize Pop didn't even play each of them in two of the six games in the series, and that the only time they got big minutes were in the two losses.

How about you address that first. And then I'll wax rhapsodic about how 9 PPG in 33 MPG is better than a combined 3 points in over 85 minutes of play for both Bogans and Mason.

They did average 21mpg. Saying otherwise is a fabrication. You need to learn how averages are computed.

Yes they did play less in wins and more in losses. that is obvious and it does not take a genius to figure it out. I think you completely missed my point. You have 2 bums in uniform and they were supposed to be important "centerpieces" (pop called Bogans that) and they contributed nothing. And Spurs still won. If you don't get the point I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

Now you are free to address including the bum RJ in your argument.

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 04:50 PM
Remember when the Spurs were relevant? That brings me back...

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 04:52 PM
No doubt, bonner fan. Probably a ginger as well

Too old, bad back, but use to hoop alittle on a few Navy teams while serving back in the day.

JamStone
01-18-2011, 04:54 PM
They did average 21mpg. Saying otherwise is a fabrication. You need to learn how averages are computed.

Yes they did play less in wins and more in losses. that is obvious and it does not take a genius to figure it out. I think you completely missed my point. You have 2 bums in uniform and they were supposed to be important "centerpieces" (pop called Bogans that) and they contributed nothing. And Spurs still won. If you don't get the point I'm sorry, I can't help you there.

Now you are free to address including RJ in your argument.

They did not average 21 MPG. You divide by 6, not 4. The series was 6 games, Each of them played 4 games, but Bogans and Mason each played in two different games, so at least one of them played in all 6. You divide 85 total minutes by 6 games, not 4. They averaged 14 MPG, not 21. And in the wins they averaged just over 5 minutes a game, which goes back to my point that when Pop didn't play them, the Spurs won. That's how they won with those two guys on the roster, Pop didn't play them much.

Your point is lost in the moronic way you presented it. Bogans and Mason were never "centerpieces" no matter what Pop called them. They were dispensable and replaceable bench players. And obviously, the way Pop decided to hardly use them at all and was able to win games in that series without them, they were not "centerpieces."

It's horrible enough that you made a thread about this. You didn't even know what you were arguing.

As for the RJ argument...

Obviously, we have learned you're not so good at math.

9 PPG on 54% FG in 33 MPG >>>>>>>>>>>> 0.5 PPG on 6.3% FG in 14 MPG

You're welcome to argue against that.

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 04:56 PM
Remember when the Spurs were relevant? That brings me back...

According to you DD, just 2 days ago.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170499

ChrisHansen
01-18-2011, 04:57 PM

That's not really saying they're relevant

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 04:58 PM

bingo. Just commending you on a brilliant, Suns-like regular season run. Hope to see you guys in the WCF...LA could use the extra rest before the finals.

ChrisHansen
01-18-2011, 05:00 PM
Too old, bad back, but use to hoop alittle on a few Navy teams while serving back in the day.

Yeah that would be a great game if you played Bump :rolleyes

hater
01-18-2011, 05:03 PM
They did not average 21 MPG. You divide by 6, not 4. The series was 6 games, Each of them played 4 games, but Bogans and Mason each played in two different games, so at least one of them played in all 6. You divide 85 total minutes by 6 games, not 4. They averaged 14 MPG, not 21. And in the wins they averaged just over 5 minutes a game, which goes back to my point that when Pop didn't play them, the Spurs won. That's how they won with those two guys on the roster, Pop didn't play them much.

Your point is lost in the moronic way you presented it. Bogans and Mason were never "centerpieces" no matter what Pop called them. They were dispensable and replaceable bench players. And obviously, the way Pop decided to hardly use them at all and was able to win games in that series without them, they were not "centerpieces."

It's horrible enough that you made a thread about this. You didn't even know what you were arguing.

sorry bro. DNP is not included in PPG for players. Can't really help you there. But again minutes played is not really my point. The roles they played in the team is. But you obviously not getting it. Carry on. :tu

As for the RJ argument...

Obviously, we have learned you're not so good at math.

9 PPG on 54% FG in 33 MPG >>>>>>>>>>>> 0.5 PPG on 6.3% FG in 14 MPG

You're welcome to argue against that.

you are arguing shit >>>>>> hammered shit. Good one :rolleyes

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 05:07 PM

Maybe, maybe not, just DD straddling the fence. If the Spurs take out the Lakers in the playoffs, DD can say I saw this coming, but if the Spurs don't, then DD can puff out his chest with the rest of the Laker fans. Gotta give DD credit for covering all his bases, so to speak.

nkdlunch
01-18-2011, 05:11 PM
:lmao

how the fuck did Pop pull that off????

the Mavs had home court as well and a 2-0 lead.

and RJ did play like shit almost as bad as those 2.

I don't know, I'd have to look at the tape again to see what the hell happened. Did the mavs choke again?

BUMP
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM

good post :tu

JamStone
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
sorry bro. DNP is not included in PPG for players. Can't really help you there. But again minutes played is not really my point. The roles they played in the team is. But you obviously not getting it. Carry on. :tu

You can't be this dense. If Mason played in games 1, 2, 3 and 5 and Bogans played in 1, 4, 5, and 6, that means at least one of them played in all 6 games. If you're adding their total number of minutes combined, you're taking those minutes from 6 different games. You don't divide the total number of minutes by 4 just because each played in 4 games. You divide by the number of games that at least one of them played in, each game you're adding minutes from. I take it back, you probably are this dense.

They were scrubs all season long. They were scrubs in the playoffs. Centerpieces my ass. You're not talking about Parker and Ginobili. You're talking about two back-up role players who weren't asked to do much but spell the real centerpiece players.

you are arguing shit >>>>>> hammered shit. Good one :rolleyes

Except when you look at what you would argue against it. WTF??

Do you argue hammered shit >>>>>> shit?

SMH bringing the bads like a lefty one-liner.

BillWalton
01-18-2011, 05:17 PM
Too old, bad back.

:tu props for serving

however, if that's true Bump would probably beat you like a redheaded step child, blindfolded

nkdlunch
01-18-2011, 05:19 PM
You can't be this dense. If Mason played in games 1, 2, 3 and 5 and Bogans played in 1, 4, 5, and 6, that means at least one of them played in all 6 games. If you're adding their total number of minutes combined, you're taking those minutes from 6 different games. You don't divide the total number of minutes by 4 just because each played in 4 games. You divide by the number of games that at least one of them played in, each game you're adding minutes from. I take it back, you probably are this dense.

They were scrubs all season long. They were scrubs in the playoffs. Centerpieces my ass. You're not talking about Parker and Ginobili. You're talking about two back-up role players who weren't asked to do much but spell the real centerpiece players.

noone is saying they held the role of ginobili/parker :rolleyes

I think it's pretty evident, he means they were supposed to be role players and did absolutely nothing. Add RJ to that list.

hater
01-18-2011, 05:22 PM

LMAO what the fuck is this nonsense?

you're the one arguing that bro

and you the logic of a lakerfan,tbh

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 05:23 PM
:tu props for serving

however, if that's true Bump would probably beat you like a redheaded step child, blindfolded

Probably so, as it should be. Generation gap.

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 05:30 PM

and RJ did play like shit almost as bad as those 2.

I don't know, I'd have to look at the tape again to see what the hell happened. Did the mavs choke again?

:lmao dumbass fat beaner can't even remember they won game 2.

JamStone
01-18-2011, 05:40 PM
LMAO what the fuck is this nonsense?

Something you clearly don't understand. If you get a total number of minutes from 6 different games, to get the average you divide by 6. It's pretty simple. But it seems I'm right that you just don't understand it.

you're the one arguing that bro

How so? So you would have rather Mason's and Bogans' 3 points on 1-for-16 shooting over Richard Jefferson 55 points on 20-for-37 shooting?

and you the logic of a lakerfan,tbh

What logic is that? What logic did I use is like lakerfan? I'm interested in knowing.

Your point is, "our scrubs played horrible! Your team must suck since we didn't get any production from our scrubs!"

Wow! Mind blowing stuff there...

hater
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Your point is, "our scrubs played horrible! Your team must suck since we didn't get any production from our scrubs!"

Wow! Mind blowing stuff there...

congrats. :tu after 3 pages you got the point.

try to keep up next time

JamStone
01-18-2011, 06:49 PM
smh @ scrubs being "centerpieces"

lmao @ ignoring my questions

Roddy Beaubois
01-19-2011, 04:28 AM
good post :tu

It was honesty above average for him.