PDA

View Full Version : 'Melo: LeBron handled exit poorly

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 12:37 PM
From the pot calling the kettle black department:

Carmelo Anthony describes his in-limbo situation as "complicated," but at least one aspect is simple: He learned a lesson about how not to leave his team from LeBron James.

"I would never go about it the way LeBron did it," the Denver Nuggets' three-time All-Star forward told Sports Illustrated Senior Writer Ian Thomsen in an exclusive interview for a story in the Jan. 24 issue of the magazine, which will be available on newsstands Wednesday.

"If he could do it all over again, he wouldn't do it that way -- he would do it a totally different way, I can guarantee you that," added Anthony, who said he talks to James and fellow NBA stars Chris Paul, Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade regularly.

While James announced his free-agent decision to leave Cleveland for Miami in a widely panned, national-television special last summer, Anthony is seeking a more amicable split with the Nuggets. Anthony, who plans to opt out of his contract and become a free agent after the season, said he expects to be dealt before the Feb. 24 trade deadline and that it's his "goal" to sign a three-year, $65 million extension in advance of the anticipated July lockout.

In the SI interview, Anthony expressed surprise that some Nuggets fans have turned on him as speculation about whether he would be traded to the New York Knicks (his first choice), the New Jersey Nets (who have persisted in their dogged pursuit even as he's declined to say whether he'd commit long term to them) or another team has dragged on for months.

"People throw away that whole seven-and-half years, and that's what makes me laugh," said Anthony, who was drafted by the Nuggets in 2003 and has led them to the playoffs every season, including a trip to the 2009 Western Conference finals. "Because I'm like, me? Out of all the people, you're booing me? Out of all the people."

SI reported that as recently as last spring Anthony seemed likely to sign a contract extension with Denver but that by August he had asked to be traded to the Knicks or Chicago Bulls. The trade request, issued during a meeting with Nuggets president Josh Kroenke in Baltimore, came shortly after Anthony's July wedding to LaLa Vasquez in New York. At the reception, according to SI, before Paul made his infamous toast about one day joining Carmelo and Amar'e Stoudemire in New York to form a Big Three to rival the Heat's, LeBron addressed attendees and drew laughs when he said to Anthony, "If you want any chance against us in Miami, you'd better team up with Stoud in New York."

Such a move -- which Anthony had hoped to make before training camp -- hasn't come close to happening, and the Nuggets insist that at week's end neither had any other trade that would bring them their preference for prospects, draft picks and payroll relief. Amid the uncertainty about Anthony, and with several other key personnel decisions looming, the Nuggets approach the midway point of the season at 23-17, seventh best in the West. Anthony is shooting only 43.3 percent from the field, a six-year low, but he's averaging a team-leading 23.1 points and a career-high 8.1 rebounds for coach George Karl, who choked up when speaking to SI about Carmelo's potential departure.

"If it happens, I will be sad," Karl said. "I will be sad for longer than probably any other trade I've ever made. And I don't know why I'm sad."

Karl, in his 23rd season as an NBA coach, said his relationship with Anthony has "progressed" after the two clashed to the point that, in 2006, Carmelo declined to be photographed next to him for an SI story. Karl cited his recent bout with throat and neck cancer, which kept him away from the team late last season, as a "bridge" in the coach-player dynamic.

"When I came in [to visit the team] maybe a half-dozen times," Karl said, "'Melo went out of his way to make sure he connected with me, and that's the first time he's ever done that. 'Melo doesn't do that very much: He's more of a loner."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/01/18/carmelo.future/index.html?eref=sihp

lefty
01-18-2011, 12:38 PM
Very Ventiquattroesque

djohn2oo8
01-18-2011, 12:40 PM
What has gone unreported is that the scene was set by James, who on his way into the wedding was jeered by New Yorkers for shunning the Knicks (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/teams/page/NY) two nights earlier during the live telecast of The Decision. 'If you want any chance against us in Miami,' he joked to Anthony, 'you'd better team up with Stoud in New York.'

http://nba-facts-and-rumors.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/27126383

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
:lol..because demanding a trade while under contract is the right thing to do..

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
Melo is bitch made. I hate looking at his pussy face everytime his team lose or when he misses a clutch shot. What are you simling at? Your team just lost asshole.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
thank you!

in2deep
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
Melo is bitch made. I hate looking at his pussy face everytime his team lose or when he misses a clutch shot. What are you simling at? Your team just lost asshole.

as opposed to Lebron feighning an injury and taking himself out of the game :lol

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM
as opposed to Lebron feighning an injury and taking himself out of the game :lol

Lebron's injury in that series was legit. He doesn't really have any reason to tank the game and go out in shame. Lebron's ego is too big for something like that. Truth is, he can average 40 pts, 8 assts, 9 rebs against the Celtics but it wont change the fact the Cavs is simply the lesser team of the two. That team was no different than the same team that lost to the Magic a year before that. Celtics will win regardless even if Lebron individually dominates the series, so I dont understand this theory of Lebron "quitting" so that the Cavs will lose to Boston. That's BS.

I don't applaud Lebron's "decision" spectacle. But, I think Melo is full of crap for opening his mouth in this issue. He's holding Denver hostage at this point with this drama. Just cut to the chase and tell management straight up where you want to play. TBH, dude is not that good to desrve this much attention.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Lebron's injury in that series was legit.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:01 PM
Until people can provide a medical proof Lebron wasn't hurting at that time, I'd give my benefit of the doubt to King James. Feel free to prove him wrong.

Ace
01-18-2011, 01:02 PM

With the some of the comments made by people nowadays you would think the Heat/Lebron hate has made their IQ drop.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
Until people can provide a medical proof Lebron wasn't hurting at that time, I'd give my benefit of the doubt to King James. Feel free to prove him wrong.

Prince James benefits expired in summer 2010.

cobbler
01-18-2011, 01:06 PM

Isn't that something.... a fucking welcher calling someone bitch made. Classic! :toast

cobbler
01-18-2011, 01:08 PM

As opposed to conspiring with 2 guys from other teams and tanking your home teams chances in the playoffs with a fake injury... no doubt. :lol

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:12 PM
Isn't that something.... a fucking welcher calling someone bitch made. Classic! :toast
Stalk..er

Ace
01-18-2011, 01:13 PM
As opposed to conspiring with 2 guys from other teams and tanking your home teams chances in the playoffs with a fake injury... no doubt. :lol

Kobe like Melo demanded a trade while under contract, Lebron left as a free agent. Speaking of quitting, this is how someone quitting actually quits.
HGoxIvuPtmo

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Speaking of faking injury. I heard Kobe's knees has no cartilege and he's playing bone on bone.

What a warrior this guy is.:lol

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Weren't you in a wheelchair Cobb?

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Weren't you in a wheelchair Cobb?

he lent it to DWade

cobbler
01-18-2011, 01:18 PM
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher

Fpoonsie
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM
Is the question: "What's a common misspelling of how cob gets from point A to point B?"

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:27 PM
Is the question: "What's a common misspelling of how cob gets from point A to point B?"
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

DJ Mbenga
01-18-2011, 01:38 PM
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher
welcherwelcherwelcher

im not sure i quite understand what you are saying

Gutter92
01-18-2011, 01:59 PM

Prove it?

LeBron said he made the decision the morning of "The Decision"...so I'll take his word over it, rather than random forum posters...

LeBron had an elbow injury, right? Why do we always hear about Kobe's "finger injuries" whenever he has poor shooting nights, but not LeBron's elbow injury, that made it painful to even do the shooting motion...he asked the media to stop talking about it, while Kobe conveniently drops hints about his fingers to the media...

JamStone
01-18-2011, 02:49 PM
The thing about Melo's situation is that all the venom and vitriol is a result of him being honest with the Nuggets. For the record, I'm pretty sure Melo has never demanded a trade from the Nuggets. He made it known that he has no desire to sign an extension with them and that he will test free agency, but he hasn't demanded a trade. And in any interviews where he's asked, he is generally diplomatic and says for now he's still a Nuggets player.

How else is he supposed to handle it? Because he won't sign an extension, the Nuggets take that as needing to trade him. But it's not a trade demand. It seemed at the very onset of this season, Melo was prepared to play the season out and wait until next summer to move to New York. That's not demanding a trade though.

Cleveland never tried to force LeBron to sign an extension. They never felt that LeBron was definitely going to leave so they played the waiting game. LeBron played suitor to the Cavs and a half dozen other teams. Carmelo is being upfront and honest.

I mean, let's be clear, they're both bitches. But I think Carmelo is handling it better than LeBron did for the simple fact he's not tugging at the heartstrings of the Nuggets and Nuggets fans. He's just being honest.

Killakobe81
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
The thing about Melo's situation is that all the venom and vitriol is a result of him being honest with the Nuggets. For the record, I'm pretty sure Melo has never demanded a trade from the Nuggets. He made it known that he has no desire to sign an extension with them and that he will test free agency, but he hasn't demanded a trade. And in any interviews where he's asked, he is generally diplomatic and says for now he's still a Nuggets player.

How else is he supposed to handle it? Because he won't sign an extension, the Nuggets take that as needing to trade him. But it's not a trade demand. It seemed at the very onset of this season, Melo was prepared to play the season out and wait until next summer to move to New York. That's not demanding a trade though.

Cleveland never tried to force LeBron to sign an extension. They never felt that LeBron was definitely going to leave so they played the waiting game. LeBron played suitor to the Cavs and a half dozen other teams. Carmelo is being upfront and honest.

I mean, let's be clear, they're both bitches. But I think Carmelo is handling it better than LeBron did for the simple fact he's not tugging at the heartstrings of the Nuggets and Nuggets fans. He's just being honest.

There you go again, Jam being all objective and logical. I dont see anything wrong with melo using his right to control his fate. Nets wont do the deal WITHOUT an extension ...if he does not want to sign one ..why should he?

Lebron had every right to choose Miami and so far it has worked out great on the court and in the media ...in the court of public opinion ...he is still loved by many ...but hated a lot more than before ...

BUT he should of not televised the Decision ...and announced he was leaving "that way"

tdunk21
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM
Lebron's injury in that series was legit. He doesn't really have any reason to tank the game and go out in shame. Lebron's ego is too big for something like that. Truth is, he can average 40 pts, 8 assts, 9 rebs against the Celtics but it wont change the fact the Cavs is simply the lesser team of the two. That team was no different than the same team that lost to the Magic a year before that. Celtics will win regardless even if Lebron individually dominates the series, so I dont understand this theory of Lebron "quitting" so that the Cavs will lose to Boston. That's BS.

I don't applaud Lebron's "decision" spectacle. But, I think Melo is full of crap for opening his mouth in this issue. He's holding Denver hostage at this point with this drama. Just cut to the chase and tell management straight up where you want to play. TBH, dude is not that good to desrve this much attention.

lol....stop fooling yourself cheat fan....
lebron specifically faked injury that series to blame it on the management that he needs more help....cavs management made all the moves to give that pathetic bastard a chance to win a title....and yet the douche failed again and again, just to join the heat like they planned.....:lmao

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 03:55 PM
How is Melo being honest? :rolleyes We all know he's not testing the waters next season because of a possible lockout and drastic changes in the CBA rules. His mind is set on either the Nets or the Knicks. If we're going by Jamstones assumption, Melo is telling the Nuggets F/O that "No I'm not asking you to trade me but I will not sign an extension either" Melo appears ready to make the Nuggets FO look bad by playing the victim role here. When he plays for a new team next year, he'll have this freedom to tell the press that "He was traded" and "Did not management to trade him" when we all know the Nuggets are forced to do this or they'll come empty handed. Melo doesn't want accountability, plain and simple. He wants to leave without guilt, but truth of the matter is he was ready to leave in the Summer of 2010. Had he come up clean at that time, the Nuggets would have more leverage because of the FA madness going on at that time.

If Melo really wants to exercise honesty, he needs to tell the Nuggets Management point blank that he's not signing with them. Period. The only reason Melo is not playing in NJ or NYK right now is due to the incessant demand of the Nuggets front office for a wide variety of talent and cap relief, all this for the price of their leaving Star.

And people can't really compare Lebron's situation to Melo. You see how bad the Cavs are/were this season, it was a great decision for Lebron to leave since winning a championship is the only goal left. Melo is surrounded by a wide range of solid supporting cast, and in the playoffs, Melo has been disappointing failing to elevate his game. So from a basketball point of view, he's leaving for all the wrong reasons. If he's leaving because he wants to be closer to his family then there's nothing to be said about that, but lets not make Melo a person of great honesty or he's willing to test Free Agency when we all know he's in a predicament because of possible drastic changes in the CBA rules.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 03:59 PM
lol....stop fooling yourself cheat fan....
lebron specifically faked injury that series to blame it on the management that he needs more help....cavs management made all the moves to give that pathetic bastard a chance to win a title....and yet the douche failed again and again, just to join the heat like they planned.....:lmao
Cavs management made some pretty horrible moves to give Lebron the pieces that dont fit together in the playoffs. How else would you explain the Cavs losing to Orlando in 2009? With the way Lebron dominated the series, you seriously can't point your finger on # 23.

Boston last year was just a better team. Lebron averaging another playoff career highs accross the board is not going to make a difference is what I'm saying. The Celtics peaked at the right time.

redzero
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM

http://myfacewhen.com/images/9.jpg

djohn2oo8
01-18-2011, 04:07 PM
You can't blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland, for who did they really put around him? Mo Williams? a washed up Antawn Jamison and Shaq? However, he has gone about it in a douchey way, he should just embrace the villian role and stop poking fun at the Cavs because it's over and done with

djohn2oo8
01-18-2011, 04:10 PM
How is Melo being honest? :rolleyes We all know he's not testing the waters next season because of a possible lockout and drastic changes in the CBA rules. His mind is set on either the Nets or the Knicks. If we're going by Jamstones assumption, Melo is telling the Nuggets F/O that "No I'm not asking you to trade me but I will not sign an extension either" Melo appears ready to make the Nuggets FO look bad by playing the victim role here. When he plays for a new team next year, he'll have this freedom to tell the press that "He was traded" and "Did not management to trade him" when we all know the Nuggets are forced to do this or they'll come empty handed. Melo doesn't want accountability, plain and simple. He wants to leave without guilt, but truth of the matter is he was ready to leave in the Summer of 2010. Had he come up clean at that time, the Nuggets would have more leverage because of the FA madness going on at that time.

If Melo really wants to exercise honesty, he needs to tell the Nuggets Management point blank that he's not signing with them. Period. The only reason Melo is not playing in NJ or NYK right now is due to the incessant demand of the Nuggets front office for a wide variety of talent and cap relief, all this for the price of their leaving Star.

And people can't really compare Lebron's situation to Melo. You see how bad the Cavs are/were this season, it was a great decision for Lebron to leave since winning a championship is the only goal left. Melo is surrounded by a wide range of solid supporting cast, and in the playoffs, Melo has been disappointing failing to elevate his game. So from a basketball point of view, he's leaving for all the wrong reasons. If he's leaving because he wants to be closer to his family then there's nothing to be said about that, but lets not make Melo a person of great honesty or he's willing to test Free Agency when we all know he's in a predicament because of possible drastic changes in the CBA rules.

lol wut? An old ass Chauncey, and who else exactly? Melo doesn't want to play in NJ, he wants the Knicks and ONLY the Knicks. It's just a shame that he lets his wife control him

01-18-2011, 04:44 PM
lebron made the right decision. how else will the kids get millions of dollars of free money?

rAm
01-18-2011, 04:58 PM

Never really thought of it in this light, but definitely makes sense. It's a tough rope to walk on either way, and we are seeing two huge Free Agents taking two different routes back to back.

diego
01-18-2011, 05:12 PM

there are plenty of situation in life where tact trumps honesty. It would be great if everyone was mature enough to handle 100% honesty at all times, but that is not the case. And in business, 100% honesty can be just as bad as 100% bullshit.

How else is he supposed to handle it? tell the nuggets (and only the nuggets) privately that you want out and which teams you are willing to go to, and let them go about getting the best deal possible. By announcing it to the world, you are only making it harder for the nuggets to get a deal done and inviting the fans to spite you and second guess your effort.

is it really that hard to say "no comment" / "i'm under contract, ask the GM" / "we'll see when the time comes" / etc. when asked what his FA plans are?

carmelo is handling it better than lebron as long as he doesnt have a tv special. but they are both bitches in the sense that they cant keep their mouths shut and stay off the tv. yes, journalists are pricks and they will ask and ask and ask. but it is possible to answer without sabotaging your own trade value.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:21 PM
lol wut? An old ass Chauncey, and who else exactly? Melo doesn't want to play in NJ, he wants the Knicks and ONLY the Knicks. It's just a shame that he lets his wife control him
Is this a serious question? Who else exactly? Ill just pretend that question didn't exist.

And I'm not too sure he wants to play only for the Knicks.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/201 ... rk-knicks/

On Monday at morning shootaround, I asked Melo about coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system in New York: “You’re up and down, fast-paced and you get extra possessions in the game,” he said. “On the flip side, I’ve been on teams where we weren’t known for our defense, and that’s not something I want to ever deal with again.”

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Is this a serious question? Who else exactly? Ill just pretend that question didn't exist.

On Monday at morning shootaround, I asked Melo about coach Mike D’Antoni’s offensive system in New York: “You’re up and down, fast-paced and you get extra possessions in the game,” he said. “On the flip side, I’ve been on teams where we weren’t known for our defense, and that’s not something I want to ever deal with again.”

So, he's going to sign with Boston for the MLE?

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:34 PM
So, he's going to sign with Boston for the MLE?
NO, he's going to sign with NJ as soon as Denver execs takes their head out of their asses. :rolleyes

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 05:37 PM
NO, he's going to sign with NJ as soon as Denver execs takes their head out of their asses. :rolleyes

You're the one who posted the defense quote. Can't see how a team featuring Melo, Rip, and Chauncey is going to be a defensive juggernaut. :rolleyes

baseline bum
01-18-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't see how anyone can make Anthony the bad guy here. He never strung the team along like James did. He has let them know exactly where he stands and given them plenty of time to make preparations for next season and beyond without him. Hell, they're even going to get a pretty nice rebuilding package for him. Meanwhile, Cleveland went and locked up high dollar so-so talent like Varejao and Jamison thinking they could bring James back. Now Cleveland is fucked with those deals, while Denver is going to have some nice prospects to build with.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:46 PM
You're the one who posted the defense quote. Can't see how a team featuring Melo, Rip, and Chauncey is going to be a defensive juggernaut. :rolleyes

You're missing his point and obviously that was a smokescreen from him. His decision is purely personal whether he picks New Yor or New Jersey it doesn;t matter, its not apples and oranges to be exact. The details of the trade is not completed, but you're free to construct your own scenario.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:48 PM
I don't see how anyone can make Anthony the bad guy here. He never strung the team along like James did. He has let them know exactly where he stands and given them plenty of time to make preparations for next season and beyond without him. Hell, they're even going to get a pretty nice rebuilding package for him. Meanwhile, Cleveland went and locked up high dollar so-so talent like Varejao and Jamison thinking they could bring James back. Now Cleveland is fucked with those deals, while Denver is going to have some nice prospects to build with.
Lebron never signed anything. Cleveland dropped the ball by picking the worst player to help convince Lebron to stay.

At the end of the day, its a bad business move and Gilbert should know that in his business, there's no such thing as a "handshake deal" Gtfo with that shit.

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 05:51 PM
You're missing his point and obviously that was a smokescreen from him. His decision is purely personal whether he picks New Yor or New Jersey it doesn;t matter, its not apples and oranges to be exact. The details of the trade is not completed, but you're free to construct your own scenario.

What was his point? I'm sure I have no idea.

As far as I can tell he's playing a high stakes game of chicken with Denver's ownership. He wants the extension and the team of his choice. Frankly, I think he should STFU and try and earn the 17M he's being paid for this season.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
What was his point? I'm sure I have no idea.

As far as I can tell he's playing a high stakes game of chicken with Denver's ownership. He wants the extension and the team of his choice. Frankly, I think he should STFU and try and earn the 17M he's being paid for this season.
Exactly. It will be interesting to see how this thing plays out. I understand Denver wants something of value in return, but it would also be funny if the Nuggets calls Melo's bluff and dont trade him before the deadline.

It would be hilarious to see Melo with no contract while the leagues goes into a lockout next season.

djohn2oo8
01-18-2011, 06:43 PM

If he wanted to play for the Nets, he would be a Net and would have agreed to an extension by now. His agents are pushing for the Nets so he can get more money before the new CBA. It's all posturing, he will be a Knick one way or another

JoeTait75
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
He doesn't really have any reason to tank the game and go out in shame.

Apparently he had a reason. Because he did tank at least the last two games of that series.

baseline bum
01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Lebron never signed anything. Cleveland dropped the ball by picking the worst player to help convince Lebron to stay.

At the end of the day, its a bad business move and Gilbert should know that in his business, there's no such thing as a "handshake deal" Gtfo with that shit.

Your whining rant does nothing to address Carmelo informing the Nuggets early of what his plans were so they could try to look to the future. Cleveland found out after it was far too late to do anything; Anthony is showing proper respect to his team by not leaving them hanging on a prayer.

Koolaid_Man
01-18-2011, 07:41 PM
You can't blame LeBron for leaving Cleveland, for who did they really put around him? Mo Williams? a washed up Antawn Jamison and Shaq? However, he has gone about it in a douchey way, he should just embrace the villian role and stop poking fun at the Cavs because it's over and done with

No one will ever love Lebron as much as Mo did....Mo came with kisses and flowers but Bron just trampled on his nuts...:lol

8FOR!3
01-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Melo is handling the situation just fine. He never demanded a trade, he just made it clear that he won't sign an extension. If anything that's a big help to the Nuggets franchise, they won't put false hope in him that I'm sure Cleveland did in LeBron. They would've probably been much happier trading him somewhere than him just signing somewhere else like he did. Plus the guy is from New York, it's his dream to play there in NY, no reason why he shouldn't be able to.

HeatChamps
01-18-2011, 09:35 PM
Melo is a fag. STFU.

ducks
01-18-2011, 10:32 PM
melo has not demanded a trade
he said he would not sign an extention with the nuggets right now
he is still putting up great numbers this season

even though he could be taking games off like james does

denver is the one trying to get the most out of lossing him and dragging this out forever

it is within his rights to not resign the extension
denver is afraid they will lose him for nothing and is trying to make melo out to be the bad guy
but denver wanted 5 first round draft picks for him..........................

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 10:39 PM
I hate LeBron

LeHeat_Dynasty
01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
The way I see it, Melo's no different than Lebron. The difference however lies with ownership. Gilbert allowed his personal feelings to take over that's why he lost Lebron for nothing.

JoeTait75
01-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Gilbert allowed his personal feelings to take over that's why he lost Lebron for nothing.

You have the cause and effect switched.

But no argument that Gilbert has handled things extremely poorly since LeBron left. His honeymoon with the fans up here is just about over.

21_Blessings
01-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Exactly. It will be interesting to see how this thing plays out. I understand Denver wants something of value in return, but it would also be funny if the Nuggets calls Melo's bluff and dont trade him before the deadline.

It would be hilarious to see Melo with no contract while the leagues goes into a lockout next season.

Melo has made the Nuggets hundreds of millions. He's worth much more than what they are paying. Earn his contract :lmao

Melo is handling this pretty well. Won't be indirectly fucking the franchise down the line like Robin and Bosh. Denver will end up with a pretty nice rebuilding package in comparison. Not trading him before the deadline would be the dumbest thing Denver could do. Good luck facilitating a sign and trade with the CBA expiring.

ChrisRichards
01-19-2011, 02:29 AM
Melo has made the Nuggets hundreds of millions. He's worth much more than what they are paying. Earn his contract :lmao

Melo is handling this pretty well. Won't be indirectly fucking the franchise down the line like Robin and Bosh. Denver will end up with a pretty nice rebuilding package in comparison. Not trading him before the deadline would be the dumbest thing Denver could do. Good luck facilitating a sign and trade with the CBA expiring.
Well there's no debate there, Nuggets are doing the right thing by not taking any chances. But still. Melo is a straight up bitch. In my humble opinion of course,