PDA

View Full Version : Be honest HarlemHeat

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 12:45 PM
You know that Lebron will never win a Finals MVP in Miami as long as Wade is there. Everyone knows which guy will take the big shots when it matters.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 12:47 PM
IMO Bron means more to that team's success than Wade does. Wade is a fantastic player, but he doesn't seem to elevate his teams success to the extent that Lebron does.

in2deep
01-18-2011, 12:48 PM
You know that Lebron will never win a Finals MVP in Miami as long as Wade is there. Everyone knows which guy will take the big shots when it matters.

well that is exactly why Lebron joined the Heat, genius. Welcome to basketball.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Could go both ways and at the end of the day, champinoship matters. I also LOL at these people who thinks the Heat are staged for 1 or 2 championships. Wade can win the first 2 Finals MVP, Lebron can bag ther rest. NO sweat.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 12:51 PM
IMO Bron means more to that team's success than Wade does. Wade is a fantastic player, but he doesn't seem to elevate his teams success to the extent that Lebron does.
Wade is our most potent offensive player by design. But Lebron is the better player overall.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 12:53 PM
neither will win finals MVP. because they'll never make the finals.

3 NBA stars + a bunch of DLeaguers have never made the Finals. Never have, never will.

Ace
01-18-2011, 12:56 PM

3 NBA stars + a bunch of DLeaguers have never made the Finals. Never have, never will.

Spurs did but failed to repeat Miami won't have that problem.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 12:57 PM

they won't because they'll never have a chance to repeat.

Mike D
01-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Could go both ways and at the end of the day, champinoship matters. I also LOL at these people who thinks the Heat are staged for 1 or 2 championships. Wade can win the first 2 Finals MVP, Lebron can bag ther rest. NO sweat.

You forgot to log out of Chris Richards and back into HarlemHeat.

HTH and toodles.

cobbler
01-18-2011, 01:00 PM
could go both ways and at the end of the day, champinoship matters. I also lol at these people who thinks the heat are staged for 1 or 2 championships. Wade can win the first 2 finals mvp, lebron can bag ther rest. No sweat.

w...

Ace
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
they won't because they'll never have a chance to repeat.
We're not talking about the Spurs.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:03 PM
We're not talking about the Spurs.

exactly

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:04 PM

Rodman, Pippen, Jordan made it.

Ace
You forgot to log out of Chris Richards and back into HarlemHeat.

HTH and toodles.

Laker fan with 135 posts already stalking Harlem :lol

ChrisRichards
w...
Stalk..er

lefty
01-18-2011, 01:05 PM
http://tedwilliamshead.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/tedwilliamshead-vuvuzela-haters-gonna-hate.gif

Ace
01-18-2011, 01:05 PM
exactly

I'm sorry do you actually think the Spurs have repeated? Wait don't tell me you think they still have a chance. :lmao

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:06 PM
I think MikeD and Cobb are the same account. I mean come on, both had no recent activity up until today and they posted around the same time and posts were exactly a minute apart.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Rodman, Pippen, Jordan made it.

you are seriously comparing Jordan, Pippen and Rodman to Queen James, Dwhistle and Yoshi?????????????

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I said NBA stars, not nba legends. Next

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
you are seriously comparing Jordan, Pippen and Rodman to Queen James, Dwhistle and Dino?????????????

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

I said NBA stars, not nba legends
Jordan, Pip and Rodman were no NBA legends in 96. Maybe Jordan. They were no different than Lebron, Wade and Bosh. And its not like the Heat trio have no bragging rights. Wade has a championship and Finals MVP. Lebron has back to back MVP's. Can't say a lot about Bosh other than AS appearances but he'll get acclimated as soon as the Heat starts winning titles.

cobbler
01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Stalk..er

Welcher! Pay your debt. Be a man an honor the bet YOU initiated and I will leave you alone. Continue to welch and you are going to hear it till the cows come home. Fuckling loser.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Jordan, Pip and Rodman were no NBA legends in 96. Maybe Jordan. They were no different than Lebron, Wade and Bosh. And its not like the Heat trio have no bragging rights. Wade has a championship and Finals MVP. Lebron has back to back MVP's. Can't say a lot about Bosh other than AS appearances but he'll get acclimated as soon as the Heat starts winning titles.

so much wrong in your logic bro. It's sad.

Jordan + Pippen = Legends
Lebronze + Whistle = Stars
Rodman = best rebounder ever
Yoshi = soft ass bigman
Bulls role players = pretty decent NBA caliber
Heat role players = utter shit YMCA caliber
Phil Jackson = greatest coach ever
Chinaman = joke of a coach

Dennis Rodman quote = "I'm hungrier than those other guys out there. Every rebound is a personal challenge."
Yoshi quote = "coach wants us to work, we want to chill"

try to keep up.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Wade is our most potent offensive player by design. But Lebron is the better player overall.

I agree. And Lebron has abilities that helps raise the level of his teammates effectiveness that Wade doesnt seem to possess.

Mel_13
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM

Jerry West and Elgin Baylor say hi.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 01:22 PM

lol erick dampier

EDIT: forgot about eddie house. won a ring.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 01:24 PM

Yoshi = soft ass bigman

Dennis Rodman quote = "I'm hungrier than those other guys out there. Every rebound is a personal challenge."

try to keep up.

Nothing decent about the Bulls role player in the beginning of 95-96 season. Ron Harper was a journeyman, Kukoc was the softest euro pussy at that time, Steve Kerr was just another white guy who can shoot and Jack Haley was there to wave towels off the bench. The Heat are really no different but the construction is similar. They were both built around perimeter players.

Lebron and Wade are in the right track. Can't wait for Haslem to come back and for Pat to make one more sly move before the deadline to bring one more big body down low. We shall see.

cheguevara
01-18-2011, 01:40 PM
Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright would toy with the Heat frontline TBH

Flo-Rida
01-18-2011, 02:15 PM

Yoshi = soft ass bigman

try to keep up.

pippen would have never been shit without jordan . Lebron and Wade did more as the MAIN guys than pippen could ever do . Fuck outta here

hater
01-18-2011, 02:17 PM
pippen would have never been shit without jordan . Lebron and Wade did more as the MAIN guys than pippen could ever do . Fuck outta here

lebron ain't shit without wade. Running to join the Heat proves it.

Mike D
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM

Been on the board for a year, just don't post much.

Jloyola
01-18-2011, 03:43 PM

try to keep up.

:lmao

DMC
01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
BR is this you?

http://sportschump.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/bag_head-203x300.jpg

redzero
01-18-2011, 03:45 PM
LeBron/Wade >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pippen

in2deep
01-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Jordan + Pippen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron + Wade

DMC
Talk after you do it like everyone else.

Right now your team hasn't done shit. Fucking Van Gundy felching homo.

redzero
Jordan + Pippen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lebron + Wade

That's not quite the same now, is it?

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not convinced Lebron is better than Pippen. Pippen's game was alot more polished.

redzero
01-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I'm not convinced Lebron is better than Pippen. Pippen's game was alot more polished.

Pippen's best season doesn't compare to LeBron's last six.

in2deep
01-18-2011, 04:01 PM
That's not quite the same now, is it?

excellent deduction. Are you a private detective or intelligence officer?

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Please tell me you're not serious. Pippens best season is just equal to Lebron's sophomore year.

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Pippen's best season doesn't compare to LeBron's last six.

But Lebron hasn't taken his team any further honestly.

The year after Jordan retired, Pippen's season was more impressive than what Lebron has done, especially in a much much tougher Eastern Conference. Lebron may put up better stats, but he's still not polished enough to lead a team to a championship. No post game, iffy outside shooter, poor form on his jumpshot, not a great FT shooter. Its really sad since he's been in the league for 7 years now.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 04:08 PM

The year after Jordan retired, Pippen's season was more impressive than what Lebron has done, especially in a much much tougher Eastern Conference. Lebron may put up better stats, but he's still not polished enough to lead a team to a championship. No post game, iffy outside shooter, poor form on his jumpshot, not a great FT shooter. Its really sad since he's been in the league for 7 years now.

Lebron took Larry Hughes to the Finals.

Pippen falied to go past the second round.

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Stats don't tell the whole story. Lebron is a stat machine. Scoring was much more difficult in the 90s compared to today. Not even close. Plus, the Eastern Conference has been a joke for 10 years compared to the 90s. I doubt Lebron would put up the same numbers he does now.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 04:11 PM

Are you nuts? The 90s were perhaps the weakest overall decade in basketball since the 60s.

Bron for years had a team that perhaps without him, was worse than any other team in the NBA without their #1 guy, and kept leading them to 50-60+ win seasons and had them contending for titles on a yearly basis. Pippen has never been the leader on a team that was a serious title contender, and has never accomplished the things Bron has as a team leader.

I really hope that this is just a troll job by you. If so, you fooled me. If not, you must really either hate Bron, or be ignorant as shit.

redzero
01-18-2011, 04:12 PM
LeBron took his team to the Finals.

Who would you rather have?

Player A:

16.1 ppg, .473 fg%, 6.4 reb, 5.2 ast, 2 stls, .8 blk, 18.6 PER

Player B:

27.7 ppg, .475 fg%, 7 reb, 7 ast, 1.7 stls, .9 blk, 26.8 PER

ChrisRichards
Lebron would absolutely destroy everyone in the 90's. Jordan included.

Pelicans78
Lebron took Larry Hughes to the Finals.

Pippen falied to go past the second round.

Dude, the Eastern Conference was way tougher back then compared to now. That Bulls and Knicks team would have manhandled the 2007 Cavaliers. No question about it. The Cavs got swept and it wasn't even close. It was embarassing. Most of the East has been embarassing.

Pelicans78
01-18-2011, 04:15 PM
Lebron would absolutely destroy everyone in the 90's. Jordan included.

:lol

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Are you nuts? The 90s were perhaps the weakest overall decade in basketball since the 60s.

Bron for years had a team that perhaps without him, was worse than any other team in the NBA without their #1 guy, and kept leading them to 50-60+ win seasons and had them contending for titles on a yearly basis. Pippen has never been the leader on a team that was a serious title contender, and has never accomplished the things Bron has as a team leader.

I really hope that this is just a troll job by you. If so, you fooled me. If not, you must really either hate Bron, or be ignorant as shit.

+1

Seriously, I'm just tired of reading posts from people making the 90's as the best basketball era since its existence.

MiamiHeat
01-18-2011, 04:18 PM
did Phillip say Wade can't elevate his game? 2006 Finals amnesia?

in fact, Wade always elevates his game every year in the playoffs. He had the best stats vs the Celtics out of any of the big name superstars.

If I had to guess, the voters would give it to whichever of the 2 performed better. This would probably be one of the few times it wasn't just given on reputation, like the Kobe ones where Gasol clearly should have got it.

MiamiHeat
01-18-2011, 04:19 PM
oh and who the fuck takes ChrisRichards seriously?

You guys understand he is a Laker fan trolling you guys right?

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:21 PM
Anybody who thinks the Heat won't win multiple titles with the 3 Douchebags is retarded. That team is going to dominate every year. The fact that they have a bunch of D-leaguers behind them is irrelevant. Just like Artest with the Lakers and Shaq with the Celtics and so on, every year some talented veteran with maybe 1 or 2 years left in them who is desperate to win a title is going to sign in Miami for the MLE. Miami's bench is shit now, but in a year or two it will be stacked and the Heat will have 3+ titles before the 3 Faggots contracts run out.

I hate it, I really really really fucking hate it, but I'm not so stupid that I can't see the writing on the wall.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Dude, the Eastern Conference was way tougher back then compared to now. That Bulls and Knicks team would have manhandled the 2007 Cavaliers. No question about it. The Cavs got swept and it wasn't even close. It was embarassing. Most of the East has been embarassing.
And the 2008 Boston Celtics would manhandle any physical EC teams in the 90's, Knicks, Pacers and Heat you name it. Even the Bulls, particularly the 97-98 team would not win against this team.

Jordan on his best defensive day is not going to stop Lebron on his best offensive day.

MiamiHeat
01-18-2011, 04:25 PM
Anybody who thinks the Heat won't win multiple titles with the 3 Douchebags is retarded. That team is going to dominate every year. The fact that they have a bunch of D-leaguers behind them is irrelevant. Just like Artest with the Lakers and Shaq with the Celtics and so on, every year some talented veteran with maybe 1 or 2 years left in them who is desperate to win a title is going to sign in Miami for the MLE. Miami's bench is shit now, but in a year or two it will be stacked and the Heat will have 3+ titles before the 3 Faggots contracts run out.

I hate it, I really really really fucking hate it, but I'm not so stupid that I can't see the writing on the wall.

only 3?

These guys are 26 years old. They got a good 8 years left in them.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 04:26 PM
And I think another thing that a lot of people need to remember is that most eastern conference teams these days play a very different style of basketball compared to most western conference teams. a lot of the eastern teams play a very controlled, grindout game, which tends to work better in the playoffs, and not quite as good in the regular season, while the western conference has a ton of teams that rack up 45+ wins every year from explosive offenses, a style that is known to win more regular season games, but not be as successful in the playoffs. notice that the teams that tend to win the most games in the east, are teams that not only can grind out games, but can also push the tempo and put up points. and in the west, teams that generally come out on top, not only are capable of putting up plenty of points, but can slow it down and grind games out.

playing styles have a lot to do with the conferences win totals at the end of the regular season.

to illustrate: take some of the lower seeds in each conference last year. would you say that teams like the Blazers and Thunder would be absolute locks to beat the Bobcats and Bulls? I definitely wouldn't, they would likely end up being two pretty good series' of basketball.

Phillip
01-18-2011, 04:27 PM
did Phillip say Wade can't elevate his game? 2006 Finals amnesia?

in fact, Wade always elevates his game every year in the playoffs. He had the best stats vs the Celtics out of any of the big name superstars.

If I had to guess, the voters would give it to whichever of the 2 performed better. This would probably be one of the few times it wasn't just given on reputation, like the Kobe ones where Gasol clearly should have got it.

incorrect. I said he isn't as good as Lebron at elevating his teammates games.

DMC
01-18-2011, 04:30 PM
oh and who the fuck takes ChrisRichards seriously?

You guys understand he is a Laker fan trolling you guys right?

Who here isn't trolling? This whole forum is a troll trolling another troll who's trolling that troll in another forum under another name. It's ass grabbing at its finest.

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:34 PM
only 3?

I said 3+ you dumbass. As in a minimum of 3. And how long are the contracts? Who says they're sticking around after that. "The Decision 2" is going to be a ratings bonanza.

bostonguy
01-18-2011, 04:34 PM
only 3?

Wade has 8 years left in him? He is 29. I say 2-3 years before declining. Bosh/Bron are 25-26 but they will hit decline around 32 so that is 6 years for them.

MiamiHeat
01-18-2011, 04:40 PM
I said 3+ you dumbass. As in a minimum of 3. And how long are the contracts? Who says they're sticking around after that. "The Decision 2" is going to be a ratings bonanza.

Contract is six years

but if they win titles, LeBron and Bosh ain't going anywhere.

monosylab1k
01-18-2011, 04:41 PM
but if they win titles, LeBron and Bosh ain't going anywhere.

You better hope not. Like I said, The Decision 2 is going to be huge.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:14 PM
As far as I know, the Heat are guaranteed 3 titles. With a little bit more effort. 6 is not a reach.

ChrisRichards
01-18-2011, 05:15 PM
I said 3+ you dumbass. As in a minimum of 3.

LnGrrrR
01-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Fuckling loser.

Fuckling? I kinda like that word. :lol

Ace
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Wade has 8 years left in him? He is 29. I say 2-3 years before declining. Bosh/Bron are 25-26 but they will hit decline around 32 so that is 6 years for them.
Is there even a Celtic player besides Rondo under 32?

HarlemHeat37
01-18-2011, 09:00 PM
- To the OP, I disagree with your statement..thanks for making a thread where you ask for my opinion though, respect..

- The comments in this thread(well, pretty much any Lebron-related comments since The Donation, tbh) prove that no matter what decision Lebron would have made, people would have found a way to hate it..you can talk about Lebron being a douche or an asshole if you want, but questioning his actual decision to go to the Heat(not the way he did it) or questioning his game is just silly..

- As I've always said, the 90s is extremely overrated, same with the 80s..I'm not one of the ignorant people that always dismisses the players of the past, I don't think that's fair, but I also hate when people overrate players of the past, like Scottie Pippen, for example..

- The way the Cavs have played this year should end any arguments about Lebron's time in Cleveland and his ability to win games, not that there should have been an argument in the first place..

it's me
01-18-2011, 09:05 PM
lol Cheat 18 ft and Atlanta 3 ft so far and still barely scoring.

it's me
01-18-2011, 09:09 PM
3-22 lol

21_Blessings
01-18-2011, 10:39 PM

It's more likely the Heat won't be winning shit the next 2 seasons; bench is too thin, untested and the lockout will benefit the older, more experienced teams while those three are diving in South Beach pussy.

So they're going to have to run off 3 or 4 in a row post CBA. Considering Wade will be in his 30s and probably on the verge of breaking down due to his style of play, the only way that happens is if the Heat sack up and move Bosh for a legitimate interior presence. Winning multiple titles is fucking hard and you need balance above all else. Balance is what the Heat are missing when they're two best players are basically clones of each other and Bosh is reduced to a spot up mid-range jumpshooter.