PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys willing to trade Dez?

JayTheClown
01-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Personally I think this is a load of crap but here is the link to the story:lol

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4677251/should-the-cowboys-trade-dez-bryant

jack sommerset
01-18-2011, 05:27 PM
Trade Dez for draft picks. LoL

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 05:33 PM
Dez Bryant was the only good thing that came out of Dallas this season...why get rid of him?

IronMexican
01-18-2011, 05:38 PM
I'd cream my pants if Oakland got him.

BUMP
01-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Bryant for Namdi straight up?

Spurs rock
01-18-2011, 05:49 PM
Stupid tbh.

IronMexican
01-18-2011, 05:52 PM

Nevermind

Blake
01-18-2011, 05:55 PM
wide receiver is the most overrated position ever.

If the price is right, trade his ass.

Roddy Beaubois
01-18-2011, 05:57 PM
:cry

Phillip
01-18-2011, 06:05 PM
I'd definitely take him on the Raiders.

slick'81
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM
no way jerry trades his new man crush

Phillip
01-18-2011, 06:06 PM
but no way in hell would the cowboys let him go. its a load of crap

DeadlyDynasty
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM

http://rushmoreacademy.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/07.jpg

Chris
01-18-2011, 06:25 PM
"But when I asked someone in the front office whether it would consider such a trade, he said, "I would think about it."

That's what this whole story is based on. I can guarantee you the Cowboys have no interest whatsoever in trading Bryant. This is just mainstream media pulling something out of their ass per usual. You really think Jones would trade someone who they traded up in the draft to get, and also has multiple endorsements from hall of famers Irvin and Aikman. Also someone who put up above average numbers in their rookie season? Not a chance in hell.

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 06:34 PM

I would sign Asomugha as a FA, but trade him straight up for Bryant, no way, no how. Nnamdi is 29, while Bryant is just getting started. Plus I want to see the new defense coaching staff work with Jenkins and Scandrick, even though both regressed in 2010, they both are still young and both are still talented.

jjktkk
01-18-2011, 06:39 PM

Why would you trade a extremely talented receiverafter 1 year? Bryant has great hands, is a very physical wr, who also exels at returning punts. You would have to be a moron who drinks Pepsi to want to get rid of Bryant.

Dr. Gonzo
01-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Why would you trade a extremely talented receiverafter 1 year? Bryant has great hands, is a very physical wr, who also exels at returning punts. You would have to be a moron who drinks Pepsi to want to get rid of Bryant.

His character flaws will be the reason he won't live up to his potential tbh.

BUMP
01-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Cowboy fans do tend to overrate Bryant a little. While he has a bright future and I would be very hesitant to get rid of him, he does have some glaring weaknesses.

He only runs one route (the go) and if teams roll over a coverage he tends to disappear. The good thing is that he still has time to learn, very rarely does a WR learn to run every route well his first year. Still, he's not untouchable, imho.

JoeTait75
01-18-2011, 11:15 PM
"But when I asked someone in the front office whether it would consider such a trade, he said, "I would think about it."

That's what this whole story is based on. I can guarantee you the Cowboys have no interest whatsoever in trading Bryant. This is just mainstream media pulling something out of their ass per usual. You really think Jones would trade someone who they traded up in the draft to get, and also has multiple endorsements from hall of famers Irvin and Aikman. Also someone who put up above average numbers in their rookie season? Not a chance in hell.

I bet if someone came offering a Herschel deal they might think about it.

dirk4mvp
01-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I'd cream my pants if Oakland got him.

not fast enough, tbh.

BUMP
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
k4mvp, with the TOMAHAWK SLEDGEHAMMER!, imo

dirk4mvp
01-18-2011, 11:22 PM
I like the new shtick, um :tu

jjktkk
01-19-2011, 01:02 AM
I bet if someone came offering a Herschel deal they might think about it.

I seriously doubt we will ever see another "Herschel deal" in our lifetime.

Blake
01-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Why would you trade a extremely talented receiverafter 1 year? Bryant has great hands, is a very physical wr, who also exels at returning punts.

It depends on the deal, but Super Bowls are won year after year with mediocre WRs. If I'm a GM, after QB, I load up on linemen on both sides of the ball.

You would have to be a moron who drinks Pepsi to want to get rid of Bryant.

On Aug. 3 [1995, Jerry] Jones announced a deal with Pepsi that allowed that company to become the official supplier of soft drinks at Texas Stadium.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1007120/index.htm#ixzz1BUX2sBtZ

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-19-2011, 10:15 AM
I've read that his attitude was a problem last year. Not taking coaching too well, late to or missing meetings, etc. Think about why the question was even asked.

This is just a ploy to get him to change his ways.

EDIT: It's also in the article, but it wasn't attributed to Crayton. Forgot where I read it, so no linky.

Blake
01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I've read that his attitude was a problem last year. Not taking coaching too well, late to or missing meetings, etc. Think about why the question was even asked.

This is just a ploy to get him to change his ways.

EDIT: It's also in the article, but it wasn't attributed to Crayton. Forgot where I read it, so no linky.

a wide receiver with attitude issues?

no way.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
01-19-2011, 10:25 AM
I know, right?

This trade talks are done quite a bit and rarely work.

Dr. Gonzo
01-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Maybe he will see this as his chance to go to a contender.

MajorMike
01-22-2011, 02:18 AM
First of all, it is a rumor, or perhaps a better classification would be idiot fanbase going crazy. Broaddus on 103.3 asked the hypothetical 'would you trade what we gave for Roy Williams for Dez Bryant?' sort of thing. The fan reaction was immediately, 'we are trying to trade Dez?' and then some blogger who moonlights for E$PN Dallas wrote about it and it was suddenly a fact.

Second of all, Dez is the only player on that team that is worth the hype.

Dr. Gonzo
01-22-2011, 09:10 PM
First of all, it is a rumor, or perhaps a better classification would be idiot fanbase going crazy. Broaddus on 103.3 asked the hypothetical 'would you trade what we gave for Roy Williams for Dez Bryant?' sort of thing. The fan reaction was immediately, 'we are trying to trade Dez?' and then some blogger who moonlights for E$PN Dallas wrote about it and it was suddenly a fact.

Second of all, Dez is the only player on that team that is worth the hype.

Dumb fucking Okie homer.

His little outburst during the Saints game is proof that he is going to be more trouble than he is worth. Not even T.O. had a little bitch fit like Bryants during his rookie season. No way is he worth the bullshit hype he gets by the same fan base that proclaimed Miles Austin the best WR in the league after only 6 games and did the same with Tony Romo. Both those players proved to be simply average.

MajorMike
01-23-2011, 12:31 AM
You are right, Dallas indeed wants to trade Dez and he will never be anything more than average. You are completely correct.

BUMP
01-23-2011, 02:05 PM
His little outburst during the Saints game is proof that he is going to be more trouble than he is worth.

Ya srsly this is a gr8 post bro, imo

I've never seen a WR have an outburst over not getting the ball in any level of football

DPG21920
01-30-2011, 03:58 PM
lol dead forum