PDA

View Full Version : Left-wingers bombing MLK parade?

boutons_deux
01-18-2011, 11:11 PM
FBI: Bomb placed at MLK Day parade was ‘domestic terrorism’

By Daniel Tencer

FBI: Bomb placed at MLK Day parade was domestic terrorism

Device capable of inflicting 'multiple casualties'

A bomb left in a backpack on the route of a Martin Luther King Day parade in Spokane, Washington, has been described as being in the "realm of domestic terrorism" by the FBI.

"You could describe it as an improvised destructive device ... or improvised explosive device," FBI special agent Frank Harrill told NBC News.

( Come on, Frank, which is it? :lol Has the FBI bureaucracy fried your brain? )

“Clearly, the timing and placement of a device -- secreted in a backpack -- with the Martin Luther King parade is not coincidental," Harrill told the Spokesman-Review. "We are doing everything humanly possible to identify the individuals or individual who constructed and placed this device."

Harrill added: “I think the link to the Martin Luther King celebration and march is inescapable. ... At that point, it falls directly in the realm and sphere of domestic terrorism. Clearly, there was some political or social agenda here."

( on no! not that again! another rotten apple? a lone nut? :lol )

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/01/bomb-mlk-parade-domestic-terrorism/

==========

Left wingers did it? or a racist right-winger guilty of politically incorrectly "profiling" his "targets" ? :lol

Winehole23
01-19-2011, 03:42 AM
(stinkbait)

balli
01-19-2011, 12:22 PM
(stinkbait)

Whatever. I don't know when it was you decided to start defending the violence drenched extreme right as being insignificant, but I'm surprised by it.

APNewsBreak: Bomb at MLK parade sophisticated

SPOKANE, Wash. -- A bomb left along the route of a Martin Luther King Jr. Day parade was sophisticated, with a remote detonator and the ability to cause many casualties, an official familiar with the case said Wednesday.

The bomb, which was defused without incident on Monday, was the most potentially destructive he had ever seen, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he is not authorized to release information about the investigation.

They haven't seen anything like this in this country," the official said. "This was the worst device, and most intentional device, I've ever seen."

The FBI on Wednesday declined to reveal any details about the bomb, which was spotted by three city employees about an hour before the downtown parade was to start, said Frank Harrill, special agent in charge of the Spokane office. The employees looked inside, saw wires and immediately alerted law enforcement, and the parade was rerouted.

The FBI received no warnings in advance and does not have a suspect, Harrill said. No one has claimed responsibility for planting the bomb.

The discovery before the parade for the slain civil rights leader raised the possibility of a racial motive in a region that has been home to the white supremacist Aryan Nations.

"The confluence of the holiday, the march and the device is inescapable, but we are not at the point where we can draw any particular motive," Harrill said.

The Spokane region and adjacent northern Idaho have had numerous incidents of anti-government and white supremacist activity during the past three decades.

Harrill called the planting of the bomb an act of domestic terrorism that was clearly designed to advance a political or social agenda.

"The potential for injury and death were clearly present," he said of the bomb.
http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2011/01/19/general-us-mlk-parade-explosive_8263618.html

Yeah, not a big deal at all... People just shouldn't talk about it.

BlairForceDejuan
01-19-2011, 12:33 PM
http://gatewaypundit.rightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/george-washington-in-a-box.jpg

doobs
01-19-2011, 12:35 PM
Close to Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. Probably white supremacists.

DarrinS
01-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Now people are associating some fringe white supremecist group with conservatism?

Whatever

balli
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Now people are associating some fringe white supremecist group with conservatism?

Whatever

Yes. Everybody knows that it's actually the left who opposed the civil rights movement, invented the southern strategy and refuses to believe that a black president, just maybe, was born in America.

boutons_deux
01-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Whatever

please provide link to fringe white supremacist black-hating/jew-hating/govt-hating group from the non-conservative end of the spectrum

DarrinS
01-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Yes. Everybody knows that it's actually the left who opposed the civil rights movement, invented the southern strategy and refuses to believe that a black president, just maybe, was born in America.

please provide link to fringe white supremacist black-hating/jew-hating/govt-hating group from the non-conservative end of the spectrum

http://dallaspenn.com/pics/albums/album01/koolAidPacketGrape.gif

balli
01-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Moron, Darrin, you are a fucking moron.

And unfortunately for such a moron, posting the word 'Kool-Aid' does very little in the way of re-writing the history of American conservatism.

DarrinS
01-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Moron, Darrin, you are a fucking moron.

And unfortunately for such a moron, posting the word 'Kool-Aid' does very little in the way of re-writing the history of American conservatism.

You're an angry little dude, aren't you?

Some might even call you "extreme". :lol

balli
01-19-2011, 02:15 PM
You're an angry little dude, aren't you?

Some might even call you "extreme".
Yup, :tu dumb bags of shit like yourself piss me off.

And that doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no coherent response to conservatism's reprehensible racial history.

Winehole23
01-19-2011, 02:17 PM
Whatever. I don't know when it was you decided to start defending the violence drenched extreme right as being insignificant, but I'm surprised by it. I defended what again?

Winehole23
01-19-2011, 02:19 PM
I thought I was making fun of boutons lame attempt to stir the pot.

balli
01-19-2011, 02:22 PM
I thought I was making fun of boutons lame attempt to stir the pot.

Right-wing domestic terrorism is a serious issue. According to the FBI.

I'd hardly characterize talking about a domestically born IED as 'a lame attempt to stir the pot'.

TeyshaBlue
01-19-2011, 02:30 PM
Yup, :tu dumb bags of shit like yourself piss me off.

And that doesn't change the fact that you have absolutely no coherent response to conservatism's reprehensible racial history.

Conflating conservatism with Republicanism, while a popular pastime, is a bit disingenuous.
I won't argue the racism point...it's arguably true. Were the contemporary GOP, (and I use this in a general, collective sense knowing full well not all Republicans are bigoted), not the sole possessor and benefactors (really bad descriptor :lol) of the "Southern Strategy" the point might not stand. But stand it does, with the caveat that the contemporary GOP>< Conservatism.

Winehole23
01-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Right-wing domestic terrorism is a serious issue. According to the FBI. Domestic terrorism is serious. boutons isn't.

I'd hardly characterize talking about a domestically born IED as 'a lame attempt to stir the pot'.The banner discloses his mischeivous intent. I don't see boutons taking part in any discussion here, so it's either a lame attempt to stir the pot or more soapbox ranting. It predictably sucks either way.

balli
01-19-2011, 02:40 PM
But stand it does, with the caveat that the contemporary GOP>< Conservatism.
Yeah, I can 100% agree to that. But y'know, semantics aside and all that; we all get the gist.

Domestic terrorism is serious. boutons isn't.
The banner discloses his mischeivous intent. I don't see boutons taking part in any discussion here, so it's either a lame attempt to stir the pot or more soapbox ranting. It predictably sucks either way.
meh, he has cause for being sardonic. IMO.

johnsmith
01-19-2011, 03:36 PM
I predict that all this constant "hatred", "vitrol", and "anger" that constantly comes from twats like Balli and Boutons on this forum are going to eventually lead to nbaDan murdering a high profile republican in Texas.

Makes sense doesn't it?

balli
01-19-2011, 03:40 PM
I predict that all this constant "hatred", "vitrol", and "anger" that constantly comes from twats like Balli and Boutons on this forum are going to eventually lead to nbaDan murdering a high profile republican in Texas.

Makes sense doesn't it?

I'm a man on a forum. And even so, over the year past have drastically and quite purposely tried to reign in public proclamations about the violence I may or may not think should be perpetrated against the average teabagger or neocon.

Even if I hadn't, equating the weight of words on an obscure basketball forum to the vitriol we hear from prominent right wing figures on Fox News, et al, is asinine. Different levels of prominence demand different levels of decorum. Or do you not agree with that?

johnsmith
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
I'm a man on a forum. And even so, over the year past have drastically and quite purposely tried to reign in public proclamations about the violence I may or may not think should be perpetrated against the average teabagger or neocon.

Even if I hadn't, equating the weight of words on an obscure basketball forum to the vitriol we hear from prominent right wing figures on Fox News, et al, is asinine. Different levels of prominence demand different levels of decorum. Or do you not agree with that?

I would actually argue that given the prominence that the internet has in a 20 something year olds life, that the "vitriol" we are constantly inundated with on the internet has just as much negative impact on the mindset of a lunatic as does the public proclamations on the news. No to mention that there is no censorship of said internet and often the language and tone on this very site is far worse than anything spoken over the airwaves.

So as obscure as this site is (hear that Dan, this site means nothing to most), there are hundreds and thousands of sites just like it, populated with all sorts of hate filled hippies like yourself.

Also, boutons is a douche.

johnsmith
01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
And I mean hippies in a positive way. If I knew you, we'd smoke a blunt and play video games.

TeyshaBlue
01-19-2011, 03:58 PM

Don't think it hasn't been noticed, dude.:toast