PDA

View Full Version : Cars sliding down icy road in Pittsburgh

Bukefal
01-19-2011, 06:56 AM
:wow

6249iHSJsKo

Pittsburgh, PA - While the main roads are mostly just wet this morning, many side streets, sidewalks and walkways are slick with a layer of ice.

Salt trucks hit the local roadways in full force overnight, trying to stay on top of the conditions. Out in Westmoreland County, PennDOT crews headed out Monday evening, putting down a salt solution even before the freezing rain started to fall.

Conditions were extremely treacherous on Fallowfield Avenue in Beechview this morning. There were a number of accidents there as vehicles lost control, sliding down the roadway.

Rain in the forecast and temperatures were expected to rise today.

http://www.wane.com/dpp/weather/Cars-Sliding-Down-Icy-Rd-in-Pittsburgh

DeadlyDynasty
01-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Believe it or not is was even worse there last winter. On 12/07/09 an unexpected freeze around 7:00am caused all the roads to be incredibly icy and dangerous. Me and my partner were transporting a pt to St. Clair Hospital when it happened. I wasn't even on a decline like those guys in the video--just a flat even road--but the ice made me fishtail and before I knew it I crashed the ambo into a parked car and an electrical pole. The patient made it out better than either of us :lol

The whole city was shut down that morning for a few hours after numerous accidents were reported...very surreal, glad I'm not there anymore.

JudynTX
01-19-2011, 08:53 AM
:wow That's some crazy shit!

Viva Las Espuelas
01-19-2011, 10:33 AM
Steelers fans lol

fraga
01-19-2011, 10:43 AM
That one white car was crazy...Oh shit I'm slidin'....let me mash down the gas...

The Reckoning
01-19-2011, 11:50 AM
this is what happens in san antonio when it rains