PDA

View Full Version : Pistons suddenly hot

Indazone
01-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Pistons have won 4 straight since moving T-Mac to point guard and Stucky over to shooting guard and benching Rip Hamilton and playing 6-11 Monroe at Center.

Are we seeing a resurgence of the Old Pistons? T-Mac can be as good or better distributor as Billups ever was.

Next up Boston Celtics.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2011/01/celtics_vs_piston_primer_detro.html

TinTin
01-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Boston Celtics' Kevin Garnett shouts before the tipoff...

What a caption :lol

djohn2oo8
01-19-2011, 12:18 PM
Pistons have won 4 straight since moving T-Mac to point guard and Stucky over to shooting guard and benching Rip Hamilton and playing 6-11 Monroe at Center.

Are we seeing a resurgence of the Old Pistons? T-Mac can be as good or better distributor as Billups ever was.

Next up Boston Celtics.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2011/01/celtics_vs_piston_primer_detro.html

LOL Wut? :lmao

21_Blessings
01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Are we seeing a resurgence of the Old Pistons? T-Quit blah blah

Huh?

Indazone
01-19-2011, 12:21 PM
T-Mac is the starter!

21_Blessings
01-19-2011, 12:28 PM
T-Mac is the starter!

So it's lottery or first round exit?

hooooooraaaaay

ElNono
01-19-2011, 12:36 PM
What league are those teams in?

JamStone
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
They've played better but they're still not a good team. Before the Mavs win, they beat a couple bad teams. Dallas was a big win but we don't really know how good of a win it was because we don't know how much it was on the Mavs and their poor play recently. But the Pistons have played better.

T-Mac has actually played very well for the Pistons this season. He doesn't force anything, helps set up players to score, and has been a steadying influence on the offense. Stuckey is a racecar when he plays the point. His first, second, and third impulse is to attack the basket. I wouldn't be surprised if he leads the league in offensive fouls. Benching Rip, for whatever reason, has helped also because it gives the other perimeter players more consistent minutes and a better rhythm. Rumor is that Rip's benching has very little to do with the Carmelo trade rumors and that the coaching staff was just sick of Rip's attitude. It's had a good effect on the team's play though, whether the players agree with it or not. And Greg Monroe has emerged as a pretty decent rookie big man. You won't mistake him for Dwight Howard or a young Tim Duncan, but he's steadily improved his game and has now become a double-double threat every night when he gets his minutes.

Things look a little brighter for the Pistons, but it's far from any hope of being a legitimately good team that can play over .500 basketball over the course of a season, much less compete in the conference with the elite teams. But I'll take baby steps. It's better than completely sucking.

Pistons < Spurs
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Actually we've only won 3 in a row (lost the first game w/ the new lineup). Tmac has been a good addition, and especially at running the point. Playing smart and getting others involved. He's created a good flow out there. And Stuckey is now free to just attack without the burden of trying to run the offense. Much more efficient so far.

There's more chemistry w/out Rip, who hasn't played well at all. And the rook is doing a very nice job starting at C. Better than I expected this early in his career.

We're showing signs of life. Playing more like a team. But we're a far way off. And with Stuckey being a free agent (restricted), and Tay, Wilcox and Tmac having expiring deals, team being sold, Dumars possibly not retained ... who knows what we'll look like next year.

They're playing better now ... for a week at least. But like 21 Blessings said, we are a lottery or first round exit team.

pad300
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
T-mac still has some game. I was hoping he'd come to the Spurs for the min... I don't really like him as a starter, because I suspect he might have injury issues with the minutes load.