PDA

View Full Version : The new civility...

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 11:57 AM
The New Civility: Democrat Says Repealing ObamaCare is 'Killing Americans' (http://jammiewearingfool.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-civility-democrat-says-repealing.html)

BLOOD LIBEL!
_2tJOSXi-fQ

She also claimed repeal was unconstitutional.

clambake
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
what does this have to do with palin hating jews?

Wild Cobra
01-19-2011, 12:57 PM
How can anyone stand to listen to this insane woman?

"Community health clinic?" These should be done at the state and local levels. Not the federal government level.

I simply cannot believe that any red blooded American can stand the way these liberal politicians disregard the meaning of being an American.

clambake
01-19-2011, 01:02 PM
I simply cannot believe that any red blooded American can stand the way these liberal politicians disregard the meaning of being an American.

i hear ya, man. i bet she didn't even laugh when soldiers opposing the war were killed.

boutons_deux
01-19-2011, 01:13 PM
"at the state and local levels. Not the federal government level."

tell rich-man's-governor Perry so he can reject Fed medicare/medicaid funds.

Also tell county/city/university hospital and clinics so they can reject fed reimbursements for unpaid health care they are obligated to provide.

And while your at it, tell all the rural telephone companies to reject USF funding, and see how the rural bubbas like paying all the costs of providing them wirephone access.

George Gervin's Afro
01-19-2011, 01:14 PM

"Community health clinic?" These should be done at the state and local levels. Not the federal government level.

except texas is now cutting back on these local funds..... so people will die because of it..

DarrinS
01-19-2011, 01:35 PM
The funniest Sheila Jackson Lee story: when she asked a NASA scientist if the Mars Pathfinder had photographed the flag that Neil Armstrong had left there.

She's the same person that said there weren't enough hurricanes with black-sounding names.

Wild Cobra
01-19-2011, 01:44 PM
except texas is now cutting back on these local funds..... so people will die because of it..
Well, the solution is to put the money back in the communities. The federal government should tax less, and local jurisdictions tax more if needed. However, the total tax burden to the tax payer means they all cannot keep taxing more and more like they all want to do.

Crookshanks
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
How do idiots like Sheila Jackson Lee keep getting re-elected? This is one stupid woman!

balli
01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
How do idiots like Sheila Jackson Lee keep getting re-elected?

The same way moron and ethic-lacking house republicans do. Stupid constituents.

johnsmith
01-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Goose, Gander..........ah fuck it, you clowns will never get it.

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 03:50 PM
First of all, you don't know if anyone will die and, second of all, she said they already were.

Where are the bodies?

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
Another example of the new civility!

Say What? Democrat Compares Republicans to Nazis (http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2011/01/abc-news-jonathan-karl-reports-the-newfound-civility-didnt-last-long-political-rhetoric-in-congress-doesnt-get-much.html)

ChumpDumper
01-19-2011, 08:13 PM
First of all, you don't know if anyone will die and, second of all, she said they already were.

Where are the bodies?The dead are usually burned or buried.

Did you really not know this?

boutons_deux
01-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Yoni is SHOCKED that Dems can be incivil, but has no problem with Repugs, hate media, Fox being 100x worse and non-stop.

Stringer_Bell
01-19-2011, 08:33 PM

What other kind of American is there? The blue blooded Americans running the financial sector? What are members of Congress, elected officials? Green blooded?

any red blooded American lol, i like that :rollin

Spurminator
01-19-2011, 08:45 PM
Sheila Jackson-Leigh is a walking punch line. She's sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and a race baiter who appeals to the base emotions and fears of the lowest common denominator among her constituents.

Fortunately, she's not taken very seriously among her peers or in the mainstream media, unlike Michelle Bachmann (R) who has taken a similar strategy to rise among the Republican ranks and Fox News guest list in a fairly short amount of time.

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Sheila Jackson-Leigh is a walking punch line. She's sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and a race baiter who appeals to the base emotions and fears of the lowest common denominator among her constituents.

Fortunately, she's not taken very seriously among her peers or in the mainstream media, unlike Michelle Bachmann (R) who has taken a similar strategy to rise among the Republican ranks and Fox News guest list in a fairly short amount of time.
Bachmann is a race-baiter?

Spurminator
01-19-2011, 08:52 PM
Did I say she was?

Michelle Bachmann IS sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and appeals to the base emotions and fears of the lowest common denominator among her constituents. I don't know if she's a race baiter but 4 out of 5 qualifies as "similar."

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 10:16 PM
Did I say she was?

Michelle Bachmann IS sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and appeals to the base emotions and fears of the lowest common denominator among her constituents. I don't know if she's a race baiter but 4 out of 5 qualifies as "similar."
I haven't heard any of that about Michelle Bachmann. But, I don't live in Minnesota and can only go on what I consume in the various media.

I'd like to know what you believe makes her sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and someone who appeals to the base emotions of her constituents (which, by the way, is 3 out of 4 of the traits you attributed to her...unless I missed a 5th)

Spurminator
01-19-2011, 10:39 PM
I'd like to know what you believe makes her sensationalist, intellectually dishonest, and someone who appeals to the base emotions of her constituents

I believe what she says when given a podium makes her that way.

I'd give you a list of quotes but you'd probably find yourself nodding your head to a lot of them, so it's unlikely a discussion worth my pursuing, IMO.

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 10:59 PM
I believe what she says when given a podium makes her that way.

I'd give you a list of quotes but you'd probably find yourself nodding your head to a lot of them, so it's unlikely a discussion worth my pursuing, IMO.
D'okie dokie.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, not only did Democrat Steve Cohen compare Republican House Members to Nazis, he was wrong in doing so. Incivility aside, let's look at what he said:

“The Germans said enough about the Jews and people believed it--believed it and you have the Holocaust. We heard on this floor, government takeover of health care. Politifact said the biggest lie of 2010 was a government takeover of health care because there is no government takeover," Cohen said.
About that. While Goebbels was lying about the Jews, making it propaganda; it's not propaganda when it's true:

p-bY92mcOdk

Barack Obama wants a single payer system, a euphemism for socialized medicine, and says he expects his plan to drive private insurance companies out of business over a period of 15 to 20 years, thereby clearing the field for the federal government.

Obamacare confers plenty of power on the federal bureaucracy to render private health insurance unprofitable, and thereby drive private carriers out of the market. Who, then, will be left? The federal government, just as Obama says he wants.

That, my friends, is a government takeover of Health Care.

Yonivore
01-19-2011, 11:18 PM
House Democrat #3 (have they given him a title yet), James Clyburn says those who want to repeal Obamacare are racists.

0FB50hTfjdQ

I just love the new civility.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 01:25 AM
D'okie dokie.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, not only did Democrat Steve Cohen compare Republican House Members to Nazis, he was wrong in doing so. Incivility aside, let's look at what he said:

About that. While Goebbels was lying about the Jews, making it propaganda; it's not propaganda when it's true:

p-bY92mcOdk

Barack Obama wants a single payer system, a euphemism for socialized medicine, and says he expects his plan to drive private insurance companies out of business over a period of 15 to 20 years, thereby clearing the field for the federal government.

Obamacare confers plenty of power on the federal bureaucracy to render private health insurance unprofitable, and thereby drive private carriers out of the market. Who, then, will be left? The federal government, just as Obama says he wants.

That, my friends, is a government takeover of Health Care.So it would end up being like health care in Israel?

OK.

Why do you hate the state of Israel, yoni?

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 01:45 AM
...as discussed at Yoni's all-night, blood libel cafe. :wakeup

ElNono
01-20-2011, 01:45 AM
The question is why the House even wasted a day with this show when they already know any repeal is not surviving the Senate and much less a presidential veto.

How about stopping the symbolic shit and actually get to work?

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 02:03 AM
How about stopping the symbolic shit and actually get to work?Temporizing may not be the worst move for the GOP. I doubt they have any clear idea what they're going to do, but to be fair, the true extent of their political sway given the current dynamics very much remains to be seen.

With the Senate and the Presidency in the hands of the other party, the GOP's options besides the symbolic ones are not too numerous.

Moreover, the sort of conciliatory moderation that will be possible will also be disagreeable to the GOP base, and therefore will be avoided like the plague. Expect more gridlock, lost (symbolic) causes and bloviation. It's way easier than governing and it doesn't carry the taint of collaborating with liberal elitists right before an election...

Besides, collaborating in government now would only build up the legitimacy of an adversary whose legitimacy to govern has been under constant attack for decades.

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 02:12 AM
...at a juncture where the institutional prestige of the parties and the US Congress has never been lower.

Stringer_Bell
01-20-2011, 02:24 AM

No one knows who Steve Cohen is. No one has seen him pushing his brand of self-righteous bullshit all over the airwaves. Bachmann, on the other hand, through some ungodly miracle, has successfully annointed herself as a mouthpiece for the masses. The fact that you were interested in knowing instances of her shows what either A) You agree with her or B) You've never had the misfortune of hearing her speak, in which case you're better off just taking our word for it that she's an idiot.

Either way, I can completely understand why Spurminator would decline digging up youtubes and articles...the sheer mass of bullshit attached to that woman is enough to give anyone a splitting headache if they try to focus it all in one place.

...as discussed at Yoni's all-night, blood libel cafe. :wakeup

This is what I imagine the kitchen area to look like after they invite Liberals over for discussion...

f_TmEX8Kmf8

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 02:39 AM
That is a great scene, Stringer_Bell.

Wild Cobra
01-20-2011, 10:35 AM
The question is why the House even wasted a day with this show when they already know any repeal is not surviving the Senate and much less a presidential veto.

How about stopping the symbolic shit and actually get to work?
Sometimes such things are necessary, and welcomed. I know I'm going to rattle both my senators cages over this since it went through the house.

boutons_deux
01-20-2011, 10:58 AM
"Sometimes such things are necessary"

why? the Repugs do nothing to advance the country, to solve the countries problem. All they do is pander to their fringe base and protect/enrich their corporate paymasters.

What are there plans for getting jobs and housing problems solved, which is why the Dems got voted out, NOT because of health care. Repugs have no mandate to repeal health care.

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
What are there (sic?) plans for getting jobs and housing problems solved?For better and for worse, there aren't any. There's not much stomach right now for big new spending programs.

I think the plan is to muddle along until we've convinced ourselves "normality" has been restored. It could be a long wait.

boutons_deux
01-20-2011, 05:02 PM
Repugs will let the country rot, doing nothing and blocking anything, until at least the 2012 election, then blame the rot exclusively on Magic Negro and the Dems. That worked great in 2010 election. America will get suckered again

ElNono
01-20-2011, 05:12 PM
Temporizing may not be the worst move for the GOP. I doubt they have any clear idea what they're going to do, but to be fair, the true extent of their political sway given the current dynamics very much remains to be seen.

With the Senate and the Presidency in the hands of the other party, the GOP's options besides the symbolic ones are not too numerous.

Moreover, the sort of conciliatory moderation that will be possible will also be disagreeable to the GOP base, and therefore will be avoided like the plague. Expect more gridlock, lost (symbolic) causes and bloviation. It's way easier than governing and it doesn't carry the taint of collaborating with liberal elitists right before an election...

Besides, collaborating in government now would only build up the legitimacy of an adversary whose legitimacy to govern has been under constant attack for decades.

You're telling me there's NOTHING they can work on that they could find a common ground on? I mean, this is essentially a topic where you absolutely know there will be no consensus at this time.

Sometimes such things are necessary, and welcomed. I know I'm going to rattle both my senators cages over this since it went through the house.

Wasting time is necessary? I'm not talking about just the GOP.
We're paying their salaries with our tax dollars. The least they can do is work on things that are actually attainable.

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 06:06 PM
The least they can do is work on things that are actually attainable.Like what, in your view?

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 06:12 PM
You're telling me there's NOTHING they can work on that they could find a common ground on? We'll see. The mass killing last week inspired bills to limit speech and control guns. Perhaps another horrendous attack will inspire even more congressional overreaction.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 08:08 PM
Like what, in your view?

Plenty of stuff to work on (http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/bills/categories). Take your pick.

Wild Cobra
01-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Thing with this health care legislation, almost nobody read it, and are now sorry they voted yes.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Has anyone actually read it since?

ElNono
01-20-2011, 09:56 PM
Thing with this health care legislation, almost nobody read it, and are now sorry they voted yes.

Yeah, that's why democrats won't change their vote and repeal it :lol

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Yeah, that's why democrats won't change their vote and repeal it :lol
You may be right.

But, the Repeal of Obamacare passed by a much larger margin than the monstrosity that forced it on a unwilling public.

How did the 3 Democrat House members that voted to repeal vote last time (assuming they're not Freshmen).

What was the vote count in the Senate? How many of the RINOs and Democrats that voted yes are up for election in 2012?

DMX7
01-20-2011, 10:14 PM
Talk about playing politics. What a waste of time.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 10:16 PM
You may be right.

But, the Repeal of Obamacare passed by a much larger margin than the monstrosity that forced it on a unwilling public.

How did the 3 Democrat House members that voted to repeal vote last time (assuming they're not Freshmen).

What was the vote count in the Senate? How many of the RINOs and Democrats that voted yes are up for election in 2012?

It doesn't matter how many votes it got in the House. It was a show.
They already knew they didn't have the votes in the senate.

Again, I think if the GOP actually comes up with a reasonable replacement and willing to compromise, maybe everybody can win.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 10:19 PM
It doesn't matter how many votes it got in the House. It was a show.
They already knew they didn't have the votes in the senate.

Again, I think if the GOP actually comes up with a reasonable replacement and willing to compromise, maybe everybody can win.
You don't know how many votes there are in the Senate.

The 112th Congress was elected to repeal Obamacare. The House has held up it's bargain. Now the Senate will need to go on record as either defying the public they serve or following the House.

Then, on to Obama...

ElNono
01-20-2011, 10:22 PM

The 112th Congress was elected to repeal Obamacare. The House has held up it's bargain. Now the Senate will need to go on record as either defying the public they serve or following the House.

Then, on to Obama...

Leaders of the Democratic-controlled Senate have said that they will not act on the repeal measure, effectively scuttling it.

IOW, it was a show.

DMX7
01-20-2011, 10:30 PM

Then, on to Obama...

Obama has already said he is vetoing it if it reaches his desk. Was he elected to repeal his own legislation, Yoni?

Winehole23
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Plenty of stuff to work on (http://politics.nytimes.com/congress/bills/categories). Take your pick.I meant, what stands out to you as important? "Everything" doesn't exactly narrow it down.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Leaders of the Democratic-controlled Senate have said that they will not act on the repeal measure, effectively scuttling it.

IOW, it was a show.
It ain't over 'til it's over.

Using Senate rules, it's possible to force a cloture vote as early as next week. But even if not, the rule under discussion will prevent the bill from being sent to committee where, as you know, it'll never see the light of day again.

Then, once that's done, the bill can be "held at the desk" for up to two years -- plenty of time for Republicans to either flip the Senate or twist some arms (not to violently, of course).

Long shot? Sure. But, if the election of 2010 was about Obamacare, the Senate Republicans need to grow a pair and start confronting Harry Reid.

DMX7
01-20-2011, 10:33 PM
It was not about Obamacare and Obama is not letting it become law.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 10:35 PM
It was not about Obamacare and Obama is not letting it become law.
Yes it was, and -- if he doesn't -- it's on him, Mr. One Term.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 10:44 PM
In other words, it was a show. If they have to wait two years (or until they have control of both chambers), then might as well propose and discuss it then.

This thing was dead on arrival right now. Merely posturing and a waste of time.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes it was, and -- if he doesn't -- it's on him, Mr. One Term.

That bravado didn't work to get them both chambers... don't know why you think it will force the president to sign off on a repeal.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 10:57 PM
That bravado didn't work to get them both chambers... don't know why you think it will force the president to sign off on a repeal.
I don't know that it will but, I think HR-2 needs to make the rounds. That's why I and a majority of Americans sent Republicans back to Washington.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:00 PM
I don't know that it will but, I think HR-2 needs to make the rounds. That's why I and a majority of Americans sent Republicans back to Washington.

It won't even get to the senate floor. Should have sent more Republicans...

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:02 PM
It won't even get to the senate floor. Should have sent more Republicans...
D'okie dokie, we'll see. You may be right but, there are ways to get it to the Senate floor if the rules are used right.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:08 PM
D'okie dokie, we'll see. You may be right but, there are ways to get it to the Senate floor if the rules are used right.

Doesn't matter either way. That thing is not going through. Just a show.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Doesn't matter either way. That thing is not going through. Just a show.
And, you repeat yourself. I've already allowed you may be right but, I disagree it's a show.

And, there are ways to bring it to a vote in its current form.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:14 PM
For another show?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
You owe this bill an apology, ElNono.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:19 PM
You owe this bill an apology, ElNono.

I guess enough Americans didn't want Obamacare repealed, thus didn't flip enough Senate seats...

I don't particularly like the Obamacare bill. I also don't particularly like my tax dollars wasted on a show.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Watching Jan Brewer act as a one-woman death panel in Arizona has shown me what Republican solutions must look like.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I guess enough Americans didn't want Obamacare repealed, thus didn't flip enough Senate seats...

I don't particularly like the Obamacare bill. I also don't particularly like my tax dollars wasted on a show.
You'd rather it be wasted on bottomless pit government spending?

Have you check the deficits lately? I believe the Obama deficits are greater than all previous deficits combined.

I would be happy if Washington came to a fucking standstill.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 11:26 PM

Have you check the deficits lately? I believe the Obama deficits are greater than all previous deficits combined.

I would be happy if Washington came to a fucking standstill.You should have sent Republicans in to do that, then.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:28 PM

I would be happy if Washington came to a fucking standstill.

Now the GOP can botch any new deficit spending... you know, like extension of tax cuts?

But, no, I don't want Washington to come to a fucking standstill. I want Washington to fucking work for the their salaries. Both sides.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:30 PM
Now the GOP can botch any new deficit spending... you know, like extension of tax cuts?
Shouldn't encumber money you don't have.

But, no, I don't want Washington to come to a fucking standstill. I want Washington to fucking work for the their salaries. Both sides.
I can see that. Even if it adds to the deficit and erodes our freedoms.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Shouldn't encumber money you don't have.

Still grows the deficit.

I can see that. Even if it adds to the deficit and erodes our freedoms.

Well, we have the Tea Party now to make sure there's no more increases in spending, right?

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:39 PM
Still grows the deficit.
Not the fault of the taxpayer who will use that money to buy, hire, produce, save, and invest.

Well, we have the Tea Party now to make sure there's no more increases in spending, right?
The House just proposed $2.5 Trillion in cuts. Seems like a great start.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 11:43 PM
Not the fault of the taxpayer who will use that money to buy, hire, produce, save, and invest.

The same taxpayer needs to stop crying about growing deficits, then.

The House just proposed $2.5 Trillion in cuts. Seems like a great start.

I'll settle for $1 trillion if they can reach an agreement. I rather some cuts get done than none. We'll see if the GOP is willing to compromise. It's their bill after all.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:53 PM
The same taxpayer needs to stop crying about growing deficits, then.
No, they're doing the proper thing and telling the government to quit spending.

Only in Bizzarro world does it make sense to blame those supplying the money for the excesses of those spending it.

I'll settle for $1 trillion if they can reach an agreement. I rather some cuts get done than none. We'll see if the GOP is willing to compromise. It's their bill after all.
We'll see. But, the cuts offered far exceed anything that might be lost due to not raising taxes.

Yonivore
01-20-2011, 11:59 PM
.wrong thread

ElNono
01-21-2011, 12:08 AM
No, they're doing the proper thing and telling the government to quit spending.

Only in Bizzarro world does it make sense to blame those supplying the money for the excesses of those spending it.

I have no problem with the tax cuts. It's very Keynesian and a good stimulus package. I have a problem with people bitching about passing stuff that increases the deficit, like said extension of tax cuts.

We'll see. But, the cuts offered far exceed anything that might be lost due to not raising taxes.

Depends on what you tax and how much you tax it. Again, I don't think those cuts, especially the Obamacare portion of the cuts, will survive the Senate nor the President. But I'm hoping the GOP is willing to compromise on some of the other cuts with the Dems so some cuts do pass.

Winehole23
01-21-2011, 05:42 AM
As I see it, Yoni is essentially arguing that it is better for government to remain gridlocked and do nothing at all, while ElNono would rather government take its job seriously and do certain things well.

Yonivore
01-21-2011, 07:06 AM
As I see it, Yoni is essentially arguing that it is better for government to remain gridlocked and do nothing at all, while ElNono would rather government take its job seriously and do certain things well.
If only government did anything well.

George Gervin's Afro
01-21-2011, 09:38 AM
If only government did anything well.

Now Yoni is on record stating that the govt does nothing well.

got it

boutons_deux
01-21-2011, 11:39 AM
"govt does nothing well."

A fundamental concept and lie of the VRWC "Government is the problem (and is NEVER the solution)"

Yoni's an extremely dedicated shill for the VRWC

boutons_deux
01-21-2011, 11:49 AM
CALLER: Thank you Dr. Broun it’s an honor to talk to you. I would just like to ask if you would do me a favor, this one little constituent from north Dakota, if you would ask the Republicans in the Senate and House to not take the bait and sit with the Democrats in the State of the Union speech. The reason I ask is that it is a slap in the face to people across the country, who made a serious effort to bring Republicans into both houses of Congress and to have them just throw that away that was something I personally looked forward to watching the State of the Union and seeing the number of Republicans.

BROUN: I agree with you wholeheartedly. I’m talking to Members of Congress. Our leadership said you could do whatever you wantd to do. Sit with a Democrat, you can, sit with a Republican, you can. We’re goin to have a conference next week and I’m going to bring that up there. I believe very firmly that it is a trap and a ruse that the Democrats are proposing; they don’t want civility, they want silence from the Republicans. And sitting together being kissy kissy is just another way to try to silence Republicans and also to show, to keep the American people from seeing how few of them there are in the US House now, and when people stand up to what the Democrats are doing when Barack Obama spews his venom, then if they’re scattered throughout the Republicans, it won’t be as noticeable if the Republicans sit apart. So I’m not in favor, and I’m talking about it. And I hope other members of Republicans don’t take the bait. [...] Right after the Tuscon tragedy there was an article blaming Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, and me for what happened. It’s the liberals who are promoting this kind of venom, it’s not the conservatives, it’s the liberals.

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/01/21/broun-sotu-venom/

Lies, victimhood, paranoia, slander: Repug SOP, esp SOUTHERN/RURAL WHITE REPUG

Yonivore
02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
More of that new civility...

E3ctO7fdrcc

Calling for Justice Thomas to be lynched. Nice.

Yonivore
02-04-2011, 08:44 AM
Would someone please point me to the Tea Party equivalent of this...

'String Him Up' (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703652104576122100035445220.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion)

Hartsock: What do you say we do with Clarence Thomas after we impeach him?

Young woman with sunglasses and nose ring 2: Bad things.

Hartsock: Like what?

Nose ring 2: I dunno, 'cause I'm all about peace, but I would say torture.

[Change of scene]

Hartsock: [After] we impeach Clarence Thomas, what do we do with him?

Middle-aged woman with squeaky voice: What do we do with him? String him up. And his wife, too. Let's get rid of Ginny.
Liberals must be so proud of their new civility.

Mr. Peabody
02-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Would someone please point me to the Tea Party equivalent of this...

'String Him Up' (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703652104576122100035445220.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion)

Liberals must be so proud of their new civility.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make.

Yonivore
02-04-2011, 08:57 AM
I don't understand the point you are trying to make.
I'm just wondering where the media is. They were perfectly willing to spread the false narrative that Sarah Palin and the Tea Party were spewing rhetoric that led to violence, even though it wasn't true. So, where are they now, when people are actually calling for violence in response to liberal rhetoric?

Where were they when this happened?

Make-Believe Media Ignores Jared Lee Loughner Wannabe (http://bigjournalism.com/sswift/2011/02/01/make-believe-media-ignores-jared-lee-loughner-wannabe/#more-163628)

A person, actually driven by liberal eliminationist rhetoric, tries to kill a politician in Florida -- the same day as the massacre in Arizona, and you probably never heard about it.

Get my point, yet?

George Gervin's Afro
02-04-2011, 09:04 AM
I'm just wondering where the media is. They were perfectly willing to spread the false narrative that Sarah Palin and the Tea Party were spewing rhetoric that led to violence, even though it wasn't true. So, where are they now, when people are actually calling for violence in response to liberal rhetoric?

Where were they when this happened?

Make-Believe Media Ignores Jared Lee Loughner Wannabe (http://bigjournalism.com/sswift/2011/02/01/make-believe-media-ignores-jared-lee-loughner-wannabe/#more-163628)

A person, actually driven by liberal eliminationist rhetoric, tries to kill a politician in Florida -- the same day as the massacre in Arizona, and you probably never heard about it.

Get my point, yet?

so we have jane doe making a comment and you want the media to cover it like they do Palin?

hmm ok.

Yonivore
02-04-2011, 09:08 AM
so we have jane doe making a comment and you want the media to cover it like they do Palin?

hmm ok.
It was a large rally...about the size of some of the Tea Party rallies. Yeah, I think calling for the lynching of a Supreme Court Justice is newsworthy. Jim Hightower was the keynote speaker. And, you had a couple of "jane and john does" calling for violence.

I'd say it's newsworthy. Particularly in light of this new call for civility.

jack sommerset
02-04-2011, 09:09 AM
Some US media are comparing the Egypt protest to the Tea Party.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahavhahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahahahahahahah

ChumpDumper
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
Make-Believe Media Ignores Jared Lee Loughner Wannabe (http://bigjournalism.com/sswift/2011/02/01/make-believe-media-ignores-jared-lee-loughner-wannabe/#more-163628)Wow, most of that story was make-believe.

Yonivore
02-04-2011, 06:45 PM
Common cause responds to the video...

Everybody Does It? Really? (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704709304576124160041144564.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion)

“Everybody does it? Think it through and you will see that this is a stunning indictment of the American left. To begin with, it is not true that everybody does it. As we noted yesterday, the formerly mainstream media have spent the past two years trying to depict the Tea Party as precisely the sort of racist, hateful, violent political movement that Common Cause appears in the video to be. That media effort has failed, not for lack of will but for lack of evidence. If everybody did it, the Tea Party would do it, and if the Tea Party did it, you would have read about it in the New York Times.”
“So here we have a corporation that advertises itself as a ‘grassroots organization’ while exercising its First Amendment rights to advance the position that corporations do not have First Amendment rights, only individuals do. Some individuals, participating in the corporation’s ‘grassroots’ rally, exercise their First Amendment rights in ways that harm the corporation’s image. The corporation responds by exercising its First Amendment rights to denounce those individuals for having exercised their First Amendment rights. And it does in its capacity as a faceless corporation, by issuing a statement for which no individual–not even CEO Bob Edgar–takes responsibility.”
“For the sake of truth in advertising, Common Cause should change its name to Hypocrisy Hub.”
Indeed.

Stringer_Bell
02-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Some US media are comparing the Egypt protest to the Tea Party.

Who? What? When? Where? That sounds like some silly shit going on.

Yonivore
02-04-2011, 08:20 PM
Who? What? When? Where? That sounds like some silly shit going on.
Took me 10 seconds to Google it.

The Tea Party Is the Muslim Brotherhood of America? You Betcha (http://blogs.browardpalmbeach.com/pulp/2011/02/tea_party_and_muslim_brotherhood.php)

"So the Muslim Brotherhood has a parallel role here with the Tea Party," he said. "They're the ones who keep you honest and decide whether you've stayed too long?"
It's the new "civility"

ChumpDumper
02-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Common cause responds to the video...

Everybody Does It? Really? (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704709304576124160041144564.html?m od=WSJ_Opinion_MIDDLETopOpinion)

Indeed.
Anyone who has attended a public event has encountered people whose ideas or acts misrepresented, even embarrassed, the gathering. Every sporting event has its share of "fans" whose boorish behavior on the sidelines makes a mockery of good sportsmanship; every political gathering has a crude sign-painter or epithet-spewing heckler.Happens quite often.

And "Everybody does it" is nowhere in the quote.

It's so easy when people on the right lie.

Winehole23
02-05-2011, 05:18 AM
What was the lie? I missed all that.

ChumpDumper
02-05-2011, 05:27 AM
"Everybody does it" is nowhere in the quote.

Winehole23
02-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Ah, how boring. Now, back to my rum and my books....