PDA

View Full Version : Matt Bonner out again tonight vs Toronto

EricB
01-19-2011, 11:58 AM
Per the spurs official twitter post.

Jason R
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd rather him be back for the Knicks game.

Mel_13
01-19-2011, 12:01 PM
More Splitter, please.

Actually, it will be good to see he how matches up with Bargnani.

Spurs Brazil
01-19-2011, 12:25 PM
I hope he's healthy for Friday. We'll need him against the Knicks

Dex
01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Get well soon, MattyB.

Now let's see if Splitter can do anything with an opportunity.

Ocotillo
01-19-2011, 12:42 PM
More playing time for Tiago to work on his dunking skills. :lol

TDomination
01-19-2011, 12:43 PM
More playing time for Tiago to work on his dunking skills. :lol

And landing skills lol

Mel_13
01-19-2011, 12:44 PM
And landing skills lol

ouch

WeNeedLength
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Master Splitter better get his shit together and start showing what he's made of.

dbreiden83080
01-19-2011, 12:50 PM
Good more Splitter..

He needs minutes.

BlairForceDejuan
01-19-2011, 01:01 PM
I'm surprised he is still out. Banged Knees take a while to heal, but damn. Way to sacrifice playing time and get Splitter ready for the playoffs! I like where your head is Matty. Team first.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Good stuff, hopefully this leads to more Splitter

arodz
01-19-2011, 01:21 PM
http://oi37.tinypic.com/2poe60z.jpg

lefty
01-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Amir Johnson will shit on Splitter

awktalk
01-19-2011, 01:27 PM
Master Splitter better get his shit together and start showing what he's made of.

This is another great opportunity for Pop to discover that Splitter is most efficient when sitting on the bench.

BradLohaus
01-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Splitter must break you...

Bruno
01-19-2011, 02:48 PM
Dirk missed 3 weeks with a day to day knee injury. If Spurs fear that Bonner could be out for weeks, they should sign a bigman, like Marcus Cousin, Sean WIlliams or Joe Alexander to a 10 days contract. Limiting Dice and Duncan regular season minutes is very important for Spurs.

crc21209
01-19-2011, 03:29 PM
No biggie tonight. Hopefully he can be back for the Knick game on Friday because they will really need him to stretch the floor...

lefty
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
Dirk missed 3 weeks with a day to day knee injury. If Spurs fear that Bonner could be out for weeks, they should sign a bigman, like Marcus Cousin, Sean WIlliams or Joe Alexander to a 10 days contract. Limiting Dice and Duncan regular season minutes is very important for Spurs.
Or give more PT to Splitter

nkdlunch
01-19-2011, 03:55 PM
great now the chances of Splitter breaking his ass on court increased by 200%

Trill Clinton
01-19-2011, 04:00 PM
:bang

phxspurfan
01-19-2011, 04:44 PM
great now the chances of Splitter breaking his ass on court increased by 200%

Dex
01-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Not any slight against Bonner, who was playing well and will be missed in the rotation until he comes back...but this is just what the doctor ordered for Splitter. For him to get any chance to contribute this season, it was going to require an injury to one of the bigs.

If that has to happen to somebody, probably best for it to be Bonner, who happens to be the guy rightfully gobbling up all Tiago's minutes right now. The window on Splitter being helpful this season is shutting quickly, but maybe this prop will give him a chance to sneak through and play some sort of role.

I know the guy hasn't been dazzling in his limited minutes played, but he's having to adjust to a lot of things out on the court right now. I'm just not sure if that is something more experience will fix, or if Tiago is truly mired in the dreaded...first season. :depressed

temujin
01-19-2011, 05:14 PM
I expect Splitter to play some decent minutes, considering Toronto has no bigs.

4>0rings
01-19-2011, 05:15 PM
Yay, another blow out win for the Spurs!

Mugen
01-19-2011, 06:22 PM
Not any slight against Bonner, who was playing well and will be missed in the rotation until he comes back...but this is just what the doctor ordered for Splitter. For him to get any chance to contribute this season, it was going to require an injury to one of the bigs.

If that has to happen to somebody, probably best for it to be Bonner, who happens to be the guy rightfully gobbling up all Tiago's minutes right now. The window on Splitter being helpful this season is shutting quickly, but maybe this prop will give him a chance to sneak through and play some sort of role.

I know the guy hasn't been dazzling in his limited minutes played, but he's having to adjust to a lot of things out on the court right now. I'm just not sure if that is something more experience will fix, or if Tiago is truly mired in the dreaded...first season. :depressed

Very true, but i'd argue that Bonner really isn't eating Tiago's minutes as much as Blair/Dice are. Red offers a skillset that none of the other bigs possess in 3pt shooting.

If i had to pick one big man who the spurs could afford to lose and replace (hopefully not!), it'd be Dejuan. He's been wildly inconsistent this year and i feel like it might actually help the team if Tiago was forced into the starting lineup in place of Dejuan.

Not that i want anything to happen to DB considering his lack of ACLs.

Dex
01-19-2011, 07:25 PM
Very true, but i'd argue that Bonner really isn't eating Tiago's minutes as much as Blair/Dice are. Red offers a skillset that none of the other bigs possess in 3pt shooting.

If i had to pick one big man who the spurs could afford to lose and replace (hopefully not!), it'd be Dejuan. He's been wildly inconsistent this year and i feel like it might actually help the team if Tiago was forced into the starting lineup in place of Dejuan.

Not that i want anything to happen to DB considering his lack of ACLs.

I thought the same thing about an injury to Blair.

And I also hesitated to peg Bonner as the culprit, for the reasons that you mentioned. But Tim and Dice obviously need to be a part of the rotation, and halting the development of Blair to develop Splitter would almost be equally as folly. In the offseason, Matt seemed like to easy choice for odd man out.

I think the variable that nobody foresaw is Bonner actually coming in and playing as well as he has. Not only is his skill-set unique, but he has been wielding it with precision. His shooting has obviously been phenomenal, but he's also been able to drive, hang defensively, and help rebound. As long as he keeps that up, it's hard to justify him not getting minutes.

Unfortunately, that only leaves so many to go around.

BRs.Ganso
01-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Tiago today:

25 minutes, 12 points and 6 rebounds... :toast:lol

:flag:

silverblk mystix
01-19-2011, 08:06 PM
I hope that Bonner heals properly...and it would be prudent to be on the REALLY safe side and keep Bonner out for about 10-20 games (20 seems safer)...

Err...just so he can heal properly...

Mel_13
01-20-2011, 01:44 PM
Per McD on twitter, Bonner did not practice today and is doubtful for the Knick game.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Per McD on twitter, Bonner did not practice today and is doubtful for the Knick game.

CIA Pop probably saving him for the playoffs :lol

J_Paco
01-20-2011, 01:54 PM
Hopefully he doesn't develop any rust from being out a (possible) lengthy duration. Pop should definitely err on the side of caution with Bonner. With a quality big in Splitter being available that hopefully will be the case.

Mel_13
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
True, Splitter really stepped up last night...

Mugen
01-20-2011, 02:14 PM
Pop is really being stubborn by playing a 3 big rotation with Bonner being out.

He couldn't even find 15 mins for Splitter against the freaking Raptors.

I just hope he doesn't overplay Timmy and Dice to injury. And Blair isn't exactly a guy who you don't have to worry about being injured.

Let me save the Pop nuthuggers a post: "36-6!"

Chomag
01-20-2011, 02:27 PM
Splitter has yet to get a fair chance. Sure he has been thrown in for some spot minutes here and there, but he has yet to get anything consistent. Even Manu wouldn't look so great if he was getting the inconstant playing time like Splitter. I just don't understand, I just wish he could get at least 4-5 games of consistent rotational minutes . Maybe next year.

Splitter, man if only you could shoot the three-pointer then you would be getting 40+ minutes right now.