PDA

View Full Version : Bowen should guard E. Jones

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 01:21 AM
Bowen obviously has not had much luck against Wade and Wade will get his so don't let Eddie Jones get his also. This guy is a dangerous as a slasher and a 3 point threat. I would alternate Parker, Ginobili, and possible Beno on Wade and let Bowen shut down Jones.

Phil Hellmuth
05-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Heat and Spurs play tommorow?

timvp
05-30-2005, 01:22 AM
Beno on Wade

:stroke

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 01:31 AM
Heat and Spurs play tommorow?
Suns are done and Miami is playing championship level basketball so I'm assuming these teams will meet in the finals. Miami is in my opinion the only threat to beat San Antonio. Beno was able to guard Nash so why not Wade. Let Wade get 40 and E. Jones get 8 kinda like Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion. Parker and Ginobili should do the most defending on Wade.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:33 AM
Bowen obviously has not had much luck against Wade and Wade will get his so don't let Eddie Jones get his also. This guy is a dangerous as a slasher and a 3 point threat. I would alternate Parker, Ginobili, and possible Beno on Wade and let Bowen shut down Jones.

yea i agree with timvp

thats neck.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 01:54 AM
Bowen obviously has not had much luck against Wade

How many times have they faced off? Once? Twice?

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 01:55 AM

yea i would like to see stats that say wade owns bowen. i dont think anyone owns that puppy faced foo.

Kori Ellis
05-30-2005, 01:58 AM

Once.

He was hurt in one of the games against the Spurs last season and one of the games against the Spurs this season.

But last season, Parker guarded him in the one game he played against San Antonio.

This season, Bowen had the primary assignment and Wade had 28 points in 44 minutes on 12 for 26 from the floor.

Sense
05-30-2005, 01:58 AM
Suns are done and Miami is playing championship level basketball so I'm assuming these teams will meet in the finals. Miami is in my opinion the only threat to beat San Antonio. Beno was able to guard Nash so why not Wade. Let Wade get 40 and E. Jones get 8 kinda like Amare Stoudemire and Shawn Marion. Parker and Ginobili should do the most defending on Wade.

The heat are not playing championship basketball at all..

I watched the game...they beat detroit...but they havent been as good as the spurs have been on the road...

Even if they are 5-0....

They just don't have outstanding games....

Spurs are the only ones playing championship basketball right now..it's all within time..

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:02 AM
They are very mentally tough like the Lakers teams. They made Detroit's defense look subpar. Miami wasn't supposed to matchup well against Detroit because Prince was supposed to contain Wade. They are 10-1 in the playoffs and the only lost was due to rust.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:03 AM
They are very mentally tough like the Lakers teams. They made Detroit's defense look subpar. Miami wasn't supposed to matchup well against Detroit because Prince was supposed to contain Wade. They are 10-1 in the playoffs and the only lost was due to rust.

speaks the truth. MIA is hot. I like their chances.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:05 AM

1. They don't have malone,payton, nor fisher..
2. Yeah Detroit's defense was bad..but then again it's never the best against good teams...
3.Prince isn't that good of a defender so ur right..he might intimidate, or make those nice blocks..but he won't contain anyone like bowen.
4. They are 10-1 in the playoffs...but playing NJ and Washington isnt a big accomplishment..

Give me a break..they are not playing championship basketball at all!

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:07 AM
2. Yeah Detroit's defense was bad..but then again it's never the best against good teams...
3.Prince isn't that good of a defender so ur right..he might intimidate, or make those nice blocks..but he won't contain anyone like bowen.
4. They are 10-1 in the playoffs...but playing NJ and Washington isnt a big accomplishment..

10-1 is not championship basketball? If the Spurs are the only team playing at that level right now, then why all the games? Just hand the title to them.Dont count ur chickens b4 they hatch

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-30-2005, 02:07 AM
I just think it's funny that Bowen suddenly can't guard a guy because he got lit up once.

Everyone said that about the first time he matched up with Lebron too (LJ lit him up), but he adjusted in subsequent matchups.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:09 AM
10-1 is not championship basketball? If the Spurs are the only team playing at that level right now, then why all the games? Just hand the title to them.Dont count ur chickens b4 they hatch

Like I said....8 of those wins are freebies..

They did beat detroit...but they were suppose to..they had homecourt..

We beat the Suns 2 on the road to the best record in the nba..
The spurs probably had the worst teams to face...and they beat them like the championship team that they are.

You need to pay more attention to wins that count.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:09 AM

I'm not saying Miami will beat San Antonio. I'd say they will make it real tough for San Antonio to win a championship. Prince only shut down Kobe and Ron last year in the playoffs. I doubt Bowen could do any better. When Miami becomes a 3 man team with E.Jones playing big they are very hard to beat.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:10 AM
Like I said....8 of those wins are freebies..

They did beat detroit...but they were suppose to..they had homecourt..

We beat the Suns 2 on the road to the best record in the nba..
The spurs probably had the worst teams to face...and they beat them like the championship team that they are.

You need to pay more attention to wins that count.

go to bed. the heat cant help who they play. they play who is in front of them and win.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:12 AM
I'm not saying Miami will beat San Antonio. I'd say they will make it real tough for San Antonio to win a championship. Prince only shut down Kobe and Ron last year in the playoffs. I doubt Bowen could do any better. When Miami becomes a 3 man team with E.Jones playing big they are very hard to beat.

1. I still say that Prince is not as good as a defender as bowen..that's why he's in nba first defensive team and came second in voting..
2. Bowen has shut Kobe down every time...it's just that kobe keeps shoooooting.. and he never matched up against ron...too strong for him.
3.Yes Bowen could do better.
4.Eddie Jones will never be part of a 3 man team... he's just another role player, kinda like nazr..

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:13 AM
go to bed. the heat cant help who they play. they play who is in front of them and win.

I'm not going to be just yet..

Then if the heat cant help who they play don't brag about their record...

and they are about to show that they are a good team..they never had in the playoffs with the matchups..

dont make predictions just yet.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:14 AM
I'm not going to be just yet..

Then if the heat cant help who they play don't brag about their record...

and they are about to show that they are a good team..they never had in the playoffs with the matchups..

dont make predictions just yet.

i wont make predictions if u dont

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:14 AM
i wont make predictions if u dont

All I'm saying is Miami is not playing Championship basketball and that is all.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:21 AM
but they are. they are leading the Eastern Conferance Chmapionship series 2-1----------that my friend, is championship basketball

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:23 AM
but they are. they are leading the Eastern Conferance Chmapionship series 2-1----------that my friend, is championship basketball

Championship Basketball is semi-sweeping the best record in the nba IN THE WEST ...and getting the first 2 ON THE ROAD.

I'm sorry that's championship basketball.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:25 AM
If Miami beats Detroit in 5 games they are playing championship basketball.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:26 AM
If Miami beats Detroit in 5 games they are playing championship basketball.

Perhaps....but then again if that happens...detroit isn't a good team...

Thus not!

I really doubt that will happen..

but w/e

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:26 AM
Championship Basketball is semi-sweeping the best record in the nba IN THE WEST ...and getting the first 2 ON THE ROAD.

I'm sorry that's championship basketball.
ok u win. spurs win the title in 05 by default. miami reads this site and agree with u. season over.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:27 AM
ok u win. spurs win the title in 05 by default. miami reads this site and agree with u. season over.

What are we discussing?

Who is playing championship basketball or who won?

U been smokin somethin fo' SHO'

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:28 AM
What are we discussing?

Who is playing championship basketball or who won?

U been smokin somethin fo' SHO'

only tha best hydro. my boys off 151 got tha hook ups

picnroll
05-30-2005, 02:29 AM
Just curious tx3rdcoastborn, exactly how long have you been a Miami Heat fan?

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:31 AM
Phoenix can't guard San Antonio because of Tim Duncan dominating the inside.
Miami would put Haslem and Mourning on Duncan and it would be hard running against Miami unlike a Phoenix team who doesn't get back on defense. Ginobili and Parker and slashers do well against Phoenix because of no shot blockers. Nash is also worn down from a heavy series against Dallas.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Just curious tx3rdcoastborn, exactly how long have you been a Miami Heat fan?
this arguments getting fucking old. i have followed shaq wherever he went. therefore i liked the lakers when he was there just like i like orlando when he was there.

Sense
05-30-2005, 02:33 AM
Phoenix can't guard San Antonio because of Tim Duncan dominating the inside.
Miami would put Haslem and Mourning on Duncan and it would be hard running against Miami unlike a Phoenix team who doesn't get back on defense. Ginobili and Parker and slashers do well against Phoenix because of no shot blockers. Nash is also worn down from a heavy series against Dallas.

You're making no sense.

Oh and that's my sleep call right there.

Btw... I do remember when Duncan Crushed Fortson, Collinson, Evans, James, and Potapenko

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:35 AM
Phoenix is worn down and don't match up well against San Antonio. That simple.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Im not buying this championship basketball argument, the team who wins 4 games in the finals will be the only team playing championship basketball, last year the pistons were down 1-3 to the magic, and came back and won the championship.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 02:59 AM
All that I know is Miami is a much better team than Phoenix. If Shaq is healthy they will be even tougher.

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 03:01 AM
All that I know is Miami is a much better team than Phoenix. If Shaq is healthy they will be even tougher.
indeed. heat are for real

3rdCoast
05-30-2005, 03:02 AM
and on that, im out. someone needs to give me a wake up call else ima oversleep again.

layte.

polandprzem
05-30-2005, 05:43 AM
No matter who wiil go to the Finals from the East they are the favorites.
I am hearing that East teams (those two) are better than the spurs and they win the Trophy

Jimcs50
05-30-2005, 07:07 AM
Bruce will be on Wade, nuff said.

But are we not putting the cart in front of the horse???

I think you have to win 4 games in order to move on, and SA has 3 games, and Miami has 2 wins, so let's wait a couple of days first, shall we?

picnroll
05-30-2005, 07:33 AM
this arguments getting fucking old. i have followed shaq wherever he went. therefore i liked the lakers when he was there just like i like orlando when he was there.
Is it Shaq's incredibly witty repartee or his uncanny ability to back his defender under the basket and stuff the ball that makes you such a Shaq groupie?

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 03:06 PM
Parker-Wade
Ginobili-D.Jones
Bowen-E.Jones
Duncan-Haslem
Mohammad-Shaq.
I might start with Bowen on Wade but I don't think Bowen would be that effective against a PG/SG like Wade. Parker has more speed and would give Wade more trouble and Bowen I'm pretty sure would shut down E. Jones. Wade had trouble with Lindsay Hunter so Parker is the most similar to Lindsay Hunter.

ducks
05-30-2005, 05:10 PM
I just think it's funny that Bowen suddenly can't guard a guy because he got lit up once.

Everyone said that about the first time he matched up with Lebron too (LJ lit him up), but he adjusted in subsequent matchups.
bowen got burned the first game
bowen has owned james since
:smokin

daragon
05-30-2005, 05:42 PM
I don't think either of the EAst Coast Finalist can compete with the Spurs. I thought that Detroit played horrible last night and if that is all the Heat have than bring it on. One question that I have is who will have the Home Court advantage between the Spurs and Miami? Same season record and they split the two games amongst.

daragon
05-30-2005, 05:45 PM
P.S. Eva is freaggin' hot!

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 05:47 PM
The spurs do but don't forget the format is 2-3-2 so that favors the other team.
If other team gets 1 game in San Antonio than other team gets 3 straight games at home.

Sense
05-30-2005, 06:13 PM
Im not buying this championship basketball argument, the team who wins 4 games in the finals will be the only team playing championship basketball, last year the pistons were down 1-3 to the magic, and came back and won the championship.

The Magic made the playoffs last year?

Or are what are you talking about..

1Parker1
05-30-2005, 06:25 PM
Actually, does anyone else think the reason Prince has trouble guarding Wade is because he's a little slow?

Bowen uses great feetwork to shadow his defender and he is still reasonably fast--maybe a step slower then last year, but nonetheless, I think he is the best guy on the team that can "contain" Wade-=Manu can do a good job on Eddie Jones and I think Parker can guard D. Jones--all he has to do is put his hands up at the 3 pt line.

mavsfan1000
05-30-2005, 10:24 PM
Parkers in my opinion is the only one who can match the speed of Dwayne Wade but Bowen will have his opportunity to. I don't think you should keep one defender on Wade. It is better to mix it up since Parker, Ginobili, and Bowen can all do a decent job on Wade.