PDA

View Full Version : Phil Jackson: Celts above Heat in East

duncan228
01-20-2011, 02:06 AM
Phil Jackson: Celts above Heat in East (http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6038354)
ESPNLosAngeles.com

If the Los Angeles Lakers made it to the NBA Finals, coach Phil Jackson wouldn't necessarily expect to see the Miami Heat there with them.

He told Max Kellerman on 710 ESPN that he respected the individual talents of Heat superstars LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, but he didn't think Miami could overtake the Boston Celtics in the playoffs.

"I personally don't think they can get by Boston," Jackson said. "I think Boston is too good a team. I think a team is still going to win.

"But there's a chance that [the Heat] ... can maybe round themselves into a team by that time and [win].

"Boston is older and they have to go through the rest of the schedule without having some kind of breakdown of players. [Ray] Allen and [Kendrick] Perkins, etc., they are just really a good team.

"But there's nothing like the great athletic skill and dynamism that [James and Wade] have and [Chris] Bosh is a terrific player in his own right. There's no doubt about their individual skills."

When apprised of Jackson's comments, Celtics coach Doc Rivers smiled and said, "Well, in that case, Phil is a genius. And I hope he's right. But there's a lot of games to be played and we'll see how that all works out."

Jackson also talked about his use of the media to get his message across to his players.

"There is the idea that you can encourage the team through public statements ... I do sometimes say the most honest thing to reporters," Jackson said. "I'll be very blunt and make a statement that's as true as I can make it. But there's always a little encouragement for the team to do better and to improve at a certain level.

"I think the press is there for your services as a coach. I think that's a message you can use to get across."

Talking before Wednesday's game against the Detroit Pistons, Celtics coach Doc Rivers had just dismissed a question about Orlando general manager Otis Smith calling the Celtics "fake tough" by suggesting that he'd "let everybody else talk about us; they seem to do it better than us."

Apprised of Jackson's comments, he smiled and said, "Well, in that case, Phil is a genius. And I hope he's right. But there's a lot of games to be played and we'll see how that all works out."

Information from ESPNBoston.com's Chris Forsberg contributed to this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6038354

DJ Mbenga
01-20-2011, 02:08 AM
control C, Control P. Submit new thread.

redzero
01-20-2011, 02:11 AM

I want to be All Spurs Talk 1st team, too.

EDIT: CTRL + V is paste

ALVAREZ6
01-20-2011, 02:16 AM
I agree with him. Celts are scary with their depth, every player that plays for them in the playoffs, especially more so in the finals, will be a solid player. Yet they won't hesitate to scoff the Miami super-team, but they're just as talented but in a different format...a couple of more players, but none as good as LBJ and Wade.

Cry Havoc
01-20-2011, 02:20 AM

I want to be All Spurs Talk 1st team, too.

EDIT: CTRL + V is paste

You guys must have heard that the new thing to hate on SpursTalk to be cool is Duncan228's postings.

It really sucks that you guys are forced to click on her threads.

Gutter92
01-20-2011, 02:32 AM
Oh shit, Duncan is posting NBA articles in the NBA forum...lets bash her!

:nope

Gutter92
01-20-2011, 02:32 AM
228*

Why can't I edit posts or make new topics :/? My topics were always informative...

Sisk
01-20-2011, 02:36 AM
228*

Why can't I edit posts or make new topics :/? My topics were always informative...

I agree with Gutter, tbh

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2011, 02:48 AM
True, Gutter is a beast..I co-signed him in The NBA Forum/The Wire thread, naming him as an up and comer here, before he was known for his solid threads, tbh..he has the potential to be the next Bump IMO..

baseline bum
01-20-2011, 02:55 AM

Linux is better; just highlight the text to and then press the center mouse button to paste it. No need for the shitty CTRL buttons.

ezau
01-20-2011, 02:55 AM
Leave 228 alone. She's been doing this thing for years and you're gonna complain only now?

HarlemHeat37
01-20-2011, 03:06 AM
In all honesty, when you have a ST medal, they just line up to hate you..the NBA forum is constantly looking for reasons to hate HarlemHeat, ever since I received my medal, in all honesty..it's not like I voted for myself:lol..

228 and I are 2 of the only medal holders that are regulars in the NBA forum, so hate is natural..cross-over appeal isn't something that everybody possesses..this guy I know(let's call him Mono), has been looking for the secret for years, trust me..

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2011, 08:42 AM
In all honesty, when you have a ST medal, they just line up to hate you..the NBA forum is constantly looking for reasons to hate HarlemHeat, ever since I received my medal, in all honesty..it's not like I voted for myself:lol..

228 and I are 2 of the only medal holders that are regulars in the NBA forum, so hate is natural..cross-over appeal isn't something that everybody possesses..this guy I know(let's call him Mono), has been looking for the secret for years, trust me..

So how many times have you jerked off to your avatar...:lmao I'm sure you can find some of his real shit on a Gay Miami website...

ElNono
01-20-2011, 08:56 AM
Kool fixated with gays and jerking off to male photos... a recurring theme for him, tbh

Pero
01-20-2011, 09:01 AM

That's because you devolved into a lousy troll since getting the medal. :lol

Gutter92
01-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Well, I'm not a grey named Spursfan anymore, but my name still isn't bold...it's a skinny black font :depressed

Killakobe81
01-20-2011, 10:55 AM
He may be right ...but focus on your bastard step-child Luke, and Steve Blake's "scary" ass ...our bench sucks right now especially when shannon goes in to "Kobe" mode without the same results ...

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 12:31 PM
The Celts just barely beat Orlando with the Magics usual brain deadness giveaways at the end, ie Jameer Nelson the Laker Aider.

So, yeah Boston might win by default but i think the Heat will gel come playoff time. Hasslem back will help. The weak link is Bosh.

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 12:54 PM
The Celts just barely beat Orlando with the Magics usual brain deadness giveaways at the end, ie Jameer Nelson the Laker Aider.

So, yeah Boston might win by default but i think the Heat will gel come playoff time. Hasslem back will help. The weak link is Bosh.

And to think Pat Riley gave a max contract to a weak link. :lol

in2deep
01-20-2011, 01:13 PM
were does Phil rank his lakers? :lol

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 01:16 PM
^^^ :lol

The squinty eyed pussy knows he'll always have the refs in his back pocket.
Or some collusion trade deal.

Or both.

bostonguy
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Phil is right IF the Celts can stay healthy. That is a huge huge IF though.

in2deep
01-20-2011, 01:17 PM
Phil is right IF the Celts can stay healthy. That is a huge huge IF though.

same IF with the Spurs :toast

djohn2oo8
01-20-2011, 01:19 PM
True, Gutter is a beast..I co-signed him in The NBA Forum/The Wire thread, naming him as an up and comer here, before he was known for his solid threads, tbh..he has the potential to be the next Bump IMO..

Why do you have a pic of LeBron shirtless in the sig?

bostonguy
01-20-2011, 01:20 PM
same IF with the Spurs :toast

The big IF for the spurs is health and Splitter/frontcourt. IF Splitter can be a factor and IF the spurs stay healthy, it will make a huge difference. I don't like the spurs chances in a series with LA if Bonner/Blair are being relied on too much.

in2deep
01-20-2011, 02:07 PM
The big IF for the spurs is health and Splitter/frontcourt. IF Splitter can be a factor and IF the spurs stay healthy, it will make a huge difference. I don't like the spurs chances in a series with LA if Bonner/Blair are being relied on too much.

Splitter??? Wake up man. Splitter won't be any kind of factor this year.

I'm not saying Spurs will beat the Lakers or Celtics. But they have a damn good chance, if stay healthy.

ChrisRichards
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Mind games thats all it is. Phil knows he cant beat the loaded front court and deeper Celtics this time around, so he's psyching the Heat to finish the job for him. If the Heat eliminates the Celtics, he knows he'll have a bigger chance of winning his last championship.

DMC
01-20-2011, 07:49 PM
Look at how accurate he was about Spo and Riley. The old fucker just like running his pie hole.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 07:57 PM
he needs to worry about his own shitty team first.