PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed in those spurs fans who didn't vote for 4 Timmy

Rapper
01-20-2011, 08:00 AM
I am really disappointed in them .do they deserve the name "spurs fans"? I don't think so

bdictjames
01-20-2011, 08:09 AM
Its the All-Star Game. I'm pretty sure Timmy knows when he deserves the starting nod, or he doesn't. I'm sure he'll get limited bench minutes as a reserve.

Man In Black
01-20-2011, 08:17 AM
We're all Spurs fans here and TIM WOULD TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE, it's all about TEAM SUCCESS FIRST. I would prefer that he gets to take a break at this stage in his career. Championships and ALL-NBA and ALL-NBA D Team placements define who you are and what kind of game you truly have.
NBA Fans voted Iverson into the game last year and had he played in the NBA again this year, it's possible it would have happened again. I would bet that there are STILL votes being tallied for AI and he ain't even in the league.

So no, I ain't disappointed in Spurs fan. There's a more important BIG picture here, my Chinese fellow forum poster. Open your eyes. Should Tim win another a 5th title, would you think back to him missing the All-Star game as the fuel that inspired him or was it actually the opportunity to give himself a well-timed break that sustained him through the entire playoff run?
THINK ABOUT IT.

silverblackfan
01-20-2011, 08:23 AM
We're all Spurs fans here and TIM WOULD TELL YOU TO YOUR FACE, it's all about TEAM SUCCESS FIRST. I would prefer that he gets to take a break at this stage in his career. Championships and ALL-NBA and ALL-NBA D Team placements define who you are and what kind of game you truly have.
NBA Fans voted Iverson into the game last year and had he played in the NBA again this year, it's possible it would have happened again. I would bet that there are STILL votes being tallied for AI and he ain't even in the league.

So no, I ain't disappointed in Spurs fan. There's a more important BIG picture here, my Chinese fellow forum poster. Open your eyes. Should Tim win another a 5th title, would you think back to him missing the All-Star game as the fuel that inspired him or was it actually the opportunity to give himself a well-timed break that sustained him through the entire playoff run?
THINK ABOUT IT.

This.
The change from the most talented NBA players to the most popular NBA players really hurt Tim's tally more than anything else.
I also would rather he got some rest, but realize the coaches will bring him to the game as a reserve. Who in their right mind and wanting to win would not want Duncan? The NBA coaches and players know. Shame the public is deceived.

Blake
01-20-2011, 10:14 AM
I am really disappointed in them .do they deserve the name "spurs fans"? I don't think so

did you vote for Richard Jefferson too?

if you didnt, I'll be very disappointed in you.

ata
01-20-2011, 10:19 AM
I am sure Tim would more enjoy weekend off as useless show he attended lot of times

honestfool84
01-20-2011, 10:23 AM
another worthless thread by Rapper.

BlairForceDejuan
01-20-2011, 10:25 AM
lol I don't care about All Star Weekend.

Yeah, let's all vote in Timmy so he can play 2 mins in the ASG and take the experience away from young players who have outplayed him and haven't made an All Star team yet. Sounds good.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I've done my duty as a fan the last few years by voting against Tim. I'm not going to watch the damn game anyways. Give the poor guy a weekend off.

hater
01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
even timmy didn't vote for timmy this year

tmtcsc
01-20-2011, 11:08 AM
The All Star game has become a joke. Its a collection of guys trying to do their best Harlem Globetrotter routine. Its borderline unwatchable.

As for not voting Tim in ? That was a no-brainer. He didn't deserve to be.

There are players who deserve the honor more. He's getting older, having his worst statistical year and his game has no flash. That's not a good formula for the All Star weekend.

He's still very important to us but Pop made the right move (maybe a year or two too late) in shifting the offense away from him as a focal point. His biggest asset is his rebounding and passing.

However, the Spurs are winning, he's being played fewer minutes and should be healthy for the playoffs. Nothing wrong with that. He's still one of the best in the league but he's no longer a perennial All Star starter.

thispego
01-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Only stupid Asians givE a shit about all star voting. Go suck a lemon, rapper.

TDMVPDPOY
01-20-2011, 11:47 AM
tdfan gettin butthurt he not in ASG

gtfo man, its a meaningless game

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
This is the era that voted Kobme *mvp* after his 6-24 bullshit Finals game 7.

We don't care.

Legit title #5 will make Timmy undisputable king of legit championships for the past 10-15 YEARS.

gospursgojas
01-20-2011, 11:50 AM
A "spurs fan", as you put it, would know that 4 or 5 days off is more important to Tim and the team than the All Star game.

I never liked watching Tim in the ASG anyways...He always looked like he didn't fit in. As he was backing down defenders and trying to run pick and rolls everyone else was trying to windmill dunk and break ankles. Which is fine, but not at all Tims game.

SpursNextRomanEmpire
01-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Trash from Rapper

TheSpurglar
01-20-2011, 12:05 PM

THINK ABOUT IT.

I was just going to say it saves his legs from another meaningless regular season game, but yeah... this. :toast

DMC
01-20-2011, 12:43 PM
I gotta hit the crapper...

NRHector
01-20-2011, 01:51 PM
we're all spurs fans here and tim would tell you to your face, it's all about team success first. I would prefer that he gets to take a break at this stage in his career. Championships and all-nba and all-nba d team placements define who you are and what kind of game you truly have.
Nba fans voted iverson into the game last year and had he played in the nba again this year, it's possible it would have happened again. I would bet that there are still votes being tallied for ai and he ain't even in the league.

So no, i ain't disappointed in spurs fan. There's a more important big picture here, my chinese fellow forum poster. Open your eyes. Should tim win another a 5th title, would you think back to him missing the all-star game as the fuel that inspired him or was it actually the opportunity to give himself a well-timed break that sustained him through the entire playoff run?
Think about it.+1

jimo2305
01-20-2011, 02:09 PM
the allstar game isn't what it used to be.. period.. it's undebatable if tim can play or not since he's arguably one of the best PF's of all time..

Sean Cagney
01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
F the stupid all star game, I am a huge fan of the older man Timmay and want him to rest for the real season and a run at the end.

Rummpd
01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
IMO fans should vote 12 players to the team but it should only count 1/3, with 1/3 being the players and the others being the coaches (cannot vote as a player or coach for anyone on your team)- throw the totals into a computer - then let them play. Less chance of the Yao debacles happening or others when the player has not played.

Personally I don't care if Duncan gets picked because if he does Pop will play him 3 minutes max then let him rest.

dbestpro
01-20-2011, 04:09 PM
I would actually prefer that no Spur make the allstar game. It would help to have some rest and fuel our team first bunker mentality.

While the rest of the league is trying to one up each other with individual name players the Spurs simple succeed by playing team ball.

timtonymanu
01-20-2011, 04:11 PM
Tim Duncan on starting the All-Star Game: It doesn't really matter to me.

Raper, go fuck yourself.

Beaverfuzz
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
resting after the rodeo road trip >>> All-Star game

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM
I didn't. I'm proud of it. Tim needs 0 minutes court time during the ASB, if at all possible. However many all-star appearances he's at is more than enough.

jag
01-20-2011, 04:52 PM

I hate everything about you.

Cessation
01-20-2011, 05:36 PM
you mad?

Mal
01-21-2011, 03:58 AM
Is Pop going to coach West ? If so, I doubt Timmy get Yao or reserve spot.

m33p0
01-21-2011, 04:33 AM
... like he hasn't been there a dozen times before.

manu and tony? that's another story. they've been deserving some years. they both deserve to be named this year.

but in all honesty, i hope none of them play in all-star weekend... except for matt. need to represent in the 3-point shootout.

red rocket!

Mal
01-21-2011, 05:08 AM
Yes to Manu and Tony.

If there arent at least 2 Spurs` in lineup it would be quite a BS.

UnWantedTheory
01-21-2011, 05:51 AM
another worthless thread by Rapper.
Tim doesn't care Rapper! Nor should you.

UnWantedTheory
01-21-2011, 05:52 AM
I love when idiots throw that "deserving" shit out there. Just makes my day.

Rapper
01-21-2011, 06:49 AM
Totally bullshit, most of you guys said that Timmy'd rather staying at home than joining the ASG during the all star break, got damn, this is just your poor opinion man, Tim Duncan himself ever and never said that he doesn't want to participe ASG since 1997, Duncan always hopes to be an all star every single season and yes man he is a low-key and slient man, but it doesn't mean that he has no interest in the ASG even though he has had 12 time appearances, plus, bullshit again from the fake spurs fans, what? timmy needs to take a rest in the all star break? man a NBA player never would like to take a rest in the season unless getting injured. why? it is because more than 80 % nba players would have 6 months for them to rest in every single year so in this case, at this point, what and why the hell a franchise player like Duncan who has a good physical condition right now would like to rest in the AS break????? NON-SENSE. what more? bullshit once again from the fake spurs fans who maintan to clearify they are true spurs fans, ASG is MEANINGLESS, whaT we need is championship,championship, damn it, who the heck doesn't think championship is important? what i am saying is that "Except for the championship, regular season record, mvp, all- nba team those things, Being an all star starter is considered as an honor for a NBA player, so please, don't tell me ASG is worthless, this is totally bullshit and an excuse for not voting for Duncan and not fullfilling your duty,if i ain't a true spurs fan most of you guys are the same.

DrSteffo
01-21-2011, 06:51 AM
I leave the All-Star Game to the kids and to the Kobe-types. I don't care and would prefer that our players got a nice rest.

Bukefal
01-21-2011, 06:54 AM
Come on man, take it easy. Unbelievable

What the hell do you know what duncan wants and what he doesnt want. If you are a good fan and if you want him to be on the all star team so badly, fine, that's your thing, your opinion, of course.

But don't force other people to think the same way as you, and don't call them fake spurs fans just because they think differently than you.

I like to see him at the ASG, I like to see TP and Manu there too, but I also see the point that some people don't want him to go, but rather have a rest for a more important second half of the season. That makes sense.

100%duncan
01-21-2011, 07:24 AM
It's ok man

duncan228
01-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Totally bullshit, most of you guys said that Timmy'd rather staying at home than joining the ASG during the all star break, got damn, this is just your poor opinion man, Tim Duncan himself ever and never said that he doesn't want to participe ASG...

What Duncan has said about this year's All-Star Game.

Duncan, though, is sure his streak of All-Star appearances and starts soon will be broken.

"It's got to come to an end at some point,'' Duncan said in an interview with FanHouse. "For the last couple of years, I thought it was going to come to an end, and it looks like this year will be it. So I feel absolutely no way about it. I'm excited to spend a couple of days during the break with my family in trying to do something different. It will be fun.''

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/17/tim-duncan-not-an-all-star-this-year-dont-count-him-out/

...“I think I’ve proved them right,” Duncan said, laughing. “I don’t deserve to be there. I haven’t played that well. I’m really not worried about it.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/17/duncan-defense-can-recover-this-season/

TDfan2007
01-21-2011, 01:38 PM
Timmy deserves to be an all star reserve at best. He knows it too. He looked completely out of place at last year's game, and I think he knows he's had his time. Who cares?

easy7
01-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Give the man a break!!!

senorglory
01-21-2011, 02:38 PM
There's plenty of all-star caliber PFs in the West. Still, I did vote for Tim. Four or five times. :flag:

G-Nob
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Are we being lectured by someone from Asia about nba all-star voting?

That is hilarious. :lol

elec99
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
I hope none of our players make it to the all star game. Football, basketball, or otherwise, you dont want to see your players get hurt in games that dont count. Now I dont think anyone has ever gotten hurt in ASG but theres a first time for everything.
I didnt want to see manu or anyone else play in the olympics either but its hard to deny someone a chance to represent his country. But the ASG??

UnWantedTheory
01-21-2011, 04:50 PM
What Duncan has said about this year's All-Star Game.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/17/tim-duncan-not-an-all-star-this-year-dont-count-him-out/

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2010/12/17/duncan-defense-can-recover-this-season/
This should pretty much shut him up.

JustinJDW
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
resting after the rodeo road trip >>> All-Star gameThis.

The only people who care about All-Star Votes are those stupid Asians that vote Yao in every year, injured or not. Timmy has already started in the All-Star Game twelve freaking times, and you know what, I'm sure he would sacrifice anyone of those starts for another Championship.

Get the fuck outta here with that "OMG All-Star Game is important" bullshit. Timmy, Pop and pretty much that whole Spurs team don't give a rat's ass about the rapidly declining All-Star Weekend. If you were a true Spurs fan, you would want Timmy to be resting after the Rodeo Road Trip, to get ready for the final Playoff Stretch.

Hell, Manu is probably gonna be put in anyway, and they're probably gonna make Pop coach it. Hell, I even heard they might make Timmy the Starting Center since Yao will be gone. And Parker still has a shot, hell, all our best players might be in, and that's gonna suck.

What Timmy, Pop and Manu all should do is respectfully decline to be in the All-Star Game if asked. Stern might hate him for it, but fuck him.

TDMVPDPOY
01-21-2011, 05:32 PM
TD rather spend the day lvling up his mmoprg characters... :D

DMC
01-21-2011, 07:12 PM
TD rather spend the day lvling up his mmoprg characters... :D

wow did you just lose me.