PDA

View Full Version : Yes, an American Idol thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

JudynTX
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
:D Ok, who watched? What did you think of Jennifer Lopez & Steven Tyler?

SpursWoman
01-20-2011, 09:52 AM
I love Steven Tyler, whatever he's in ... I thought he was pretty funny. And crazy. I was hoping JLo would be a bigger bitch, though.

Blake
01-20-2011, 10:01 AM
Steven Tyler was good/funny. Never liked JLo before and didn't start liking her last night either..... although she did look pretty milfish.

The first episode is the only time I watch AI. After they get rid of all the losers, it's boring, imo.

The Japanese dude singing Miley Cyrus seemed mentally stable.

JudynTX
01-20-2011, 10:07 AM
I love Steven Tyler, whatever he's in ... I thought he was pretty funny. And crazy. I was hoping JLo would be a bigger bitch, though.

Give her time, there weren't too many annoying singers last night. :lol Except the Chinese dude.

Steven Tyler was good/funny. Never liked JLo before and didn't start liking her last night either..... although she did look pretty milfish.

The first episode is the only time I watch AI. After they get rid of all the losers, it's boring, imo.

The Japanese dude singing Miley Cyrus seemed mentally stable.

He was trying too hard to be William Hung. :nope:rollin

BlackSwordsMan
01-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I only saw the methhead girl they let in.

JudynTX
01-20-2011, 10:37 AM
I only saw the methhead girl they let in.

:lol:lol Tyler said he would take her under his wing.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Eh. I miss Simon, the voice of reason. Too kumbaya-y for me. American Coddled Idol.

Summers
01-20-2011, 11:11 AM
Argh, missed it last night, but AI is one of my guilty pleasures. I'll record every show, then watch it later sans commercials.

PM5K
01-20-2011, 11:13 AM
At the end of the day for me it's a talent competition, and I wonder what's going to happen when things get more serious and Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez have to make tough decisions about talent.

I'm just not sure they're capable of doing that. Sure they're more capable than say Ellen, but not as capable as say Simon.

rr2418
01-20-2011, 10:50 PM
I think Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez are going to be fine! They were both funny at times especially Tyler. To tell you the truth, I really didn't think of Simon nor did I miss him. I also liked AI showing more of the good singers and less of the goofy/bad ones. All in all, I think it was a good start for AI.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-20-2011, 11:17 PM
too emo way too early. the fat kid rocked :tu

silverblk mystix
01-21-2011, 06:23 AM
DVR'd it...watched em yesterday...

The piano/vocal teacher from New Orleans had the best voice/best talent so far...his tone on his voice was amazing...

Tyler was not bad & J Lopez seemed genuine and likable--which I hadn't really liked before..

there were some good laughs...

16 yo girl with the beaver grill was full of freakin' sunshine..you wanted to hug her---or punch her face....either/or...

JudynTX
01-21-2011, 09:35 AM
too emo way too early. the fat kid rocked :tu

He sure did. What did you think of that guy with curly hair? I couldn't tell if he sounded like a guy or girl. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I didn't watch it entirely. Just in passing. It's too "aye, mijo" now, for me. F' that.

Summers
01-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I didn't watch it entirely. Just in passing. It's too "aye, mijo" now, for me. F' that.

:lol And J-Lo's head can't afford to get much bigger. It's gonna pop if every person who comes into the room tells her how beautiful she is.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Yeah. It's sickening.

lefty
01-21-2011, 10:57 AM
Gay

JudynTX
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
Gay

Who? Ryan Seacrest? :lol

TheMACHINE
01-21-2011, 05:12 PM
so far its been pretty good.

TheMACHINE
01-21-2011, 05:13 PM
Who? Ryan Seacrest? :lol

except for Ryans Seacrest's girlfriend is HOT.

JudynTX
01-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Good batch of singers last night. :tu

The last guy impressed me.

JoeChalupa
01-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Good batch of singers last night. :tu

The last guy impressed me.

elaXeN15isM

Yeah, that was awesome and Steven Tyler rocked!!

JudynTX
01-27-2011, 01:41 PM
elaXeN15isM

:tu Look out for this dude!

Frenzy
01-27-2011, 03:28 PM
elaXeN15isM

His chick looked pretty dam hot..Sad what an accident can cause.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
Yeah the whole joining in thing is pretty annoying. We all know they can sing. That's why there a judge. I could imagine the glare Simon would've shot Tyler.

JudynTX
01-27-2011, 03:43 PM
Yeah the whole joining in thing is pretty annoying. We all know they can sing. That's why there a judge. I could imagine the glare Simon would've shot Tyler.

Yeah, Steven Tyler doesn't need to join them. And he needs to stop screaming. :lol

silverblk mystix
01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
the little asian girl that sang the Adele song is gonna go very far...

the first kid--the 15 yo deep voiced country singer could be on any country station right now and be better than 90% of the already successful ones...

Sisk
01-27-2011, 06:58 PM
I watched a little of this and Steven Tyler reminded me of this guy:

http://www.hotflick.net/flicks/2007_Superbad/007SRD_Kevin_Breznahan_001.jpg

rr2418
01-28-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm officially in the "Simon who?" mode! The show is moving forward successfully with out him. Lopez and Tyler have more than picked up the slack.

Dream Weaver
01-28-2011, 01:42 AM
Yeah, Steven Tyler doesn't need to join them. And he needs to stop screaming. :lol

Dream on..........Dream on.......Dream until your dreams come true.......

JudynTX
01-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Dream on..........Dream on.......Dream until your dreams come true.......

:lol

The last singer from last night, she was 15. She was pretty good too. :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
01-28-2011, 11:58 AM
The African-American girl with the honkey parents sang pretty damn good. She's going far.

JudynTX
02-10-2011, 04:38 PM
Adam Lambert #2? He was good. :tu

P3nLeWVEwhA

3n0iKMsbCI0

jack sommerset
02-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Adam Lambert #2? He was good. :tu

P3nLeWVEwhA

3n0iKMsbCI0

:vomit:

JudynTX
02-10-2011, 04:56 PM

:lol Why?

rr2418
02-16-2011, 11:51 PM
Will the top 24 be picked tomorrow night?

Viva Las Espuelas
02-16-2011, 11:57 PM
:tu

SpursRulez4eVeR
02-17-2011, 05:20 PM
i also like that single mother who sang temporary home :tu

ididnotnothat
02-17-2011, 05:35 PM
Was cool seeing that 15 yr old kid who was dumped from his first group come out like a champ and move to the next round.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-17-2011, 05:36 PM
I like the fat kid. Not sexually but he has a pretty pure voice. I don't think he'll win though. I thought he was going to have a breakdown when they kicked him out of his first group. He sucked it up and did pretty good. No one really sticks out to me right now. Maybe that 15 year old chick singer.

PM5K
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
That one black guy can flat out sing, no fucking joke.

It's like watching Michael Jordan play against a bunch of third graders. It's not that the rest are that bad, it's that he's that good.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM

It's like watching Michael Jordan play against a bunch of third graders. It's not that the rest are that bad, it's that he's that good.

The one that broke down when he met up with his mom outside of the hall? If 'twas, then yes he is good. I just don't care for the vocal gymnastics he did. That gets old after about 4 hours.

JudynTX
02-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Compared to previous years, there are several good singers so it's hard to pick a favorite right now. But my top 3 are:

The dude from Austin with the beard, he played the big bass. :tu That guy has a very unique voice.

The chick with the big fro, she can belt out some notes. She was wearing a red dress.

The blonde guy who sang the Bobby Brown song. :lol

:D

rr2418
02-18-2011, 03:34 PM
I didn't want that girl that forgot the words while singing to her boyfriend to advance. She breaks down too easily and she gets on my nerves!!! :(

JudynTX
02-18-2011, 04:18 PM
I didn't want that girl that forgot the words while singing to her boyfriend to advance. She breaks down too easily and she gets on my nerves!!! :(

She's a basketcase. :wow

Kori Ellis
02-18-2011, 08:02 PM

Agree. I have never watched American Idol before until this season, so I don't know how good of singers they usually have but he's outstanding.

I was rooting for her to get cut too -- as well as that other girl who broke down because her roommate got sick and had to bow out :rolleyes

TheMACHINE
02-18-2011, 08:19 PM
im still rooting for theat Chris Medina dude.

JudynTX
02-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Agree. I have never watched American Idol before until this season, so I don't know how good of singers they usually have but he's outstanding.

Trust me, this season is much better than previous seasons. :lol

I was rooting for her to get cut too -- as well as that other girl who broke down because her roommate got sick and had to bow out :rolleyes

Is that the one who said was her best friend? :lol

I wanted that chick with the daughter who lost some of her hearing to go through. Her group sucked. :( She was pretty too.

SpursWoman
02-18-2011, 09:16 PM
Kori was watching Idol??? Oh, damn. :lol

I've got a thing for the Seth Rogan looking guy from Austin.

That crying chick made me want scratch my eyes out. I don't think she was good enough to get away with that shit. *ugh*

AnthonyM
02-19-2011, 05:06 AM
im still rooting for theat Chris Medina dude.

His story is pretty sad, so he's probably got some sympathy votes going for him. But the dude has a good style of singing to him that I usually like. He's definitely one of my favorites though.

I also like the 15 year old kid who got kicked out of his group. Of course, the guy with the ridiculously ugly glasses who kicked him out is good, but I obv don't like him too much after kicking JC out.

Scotty, the country singer with a deep voice needs to go. He won't do well later on in the competition when he has to sing out of his comfort zone, which is pretty much anything not country.

SpursWoman
02-19-2011, 11:06 AM
Scotty, the country singer with a deep voice needs to go. He won't do well later on in the competition when he has to sing out of his comfort zone, which is pretty much anything not country.

From what I've read, they aren't making them sing out of their genres this year ... so he most likely won't do anything but country. I'm on the fence about him though. He's 16/17, and somehow I feel like a dirty old woman after I listen to him sing. :oops

Saved By Zero
02-19-2011, 11:14 AM
All I know is J-Lo looked hot in those black shorts when they were giving the news to the singers and they never did show a nice ass shot.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-19-2011, 04:42 PM
Indeed. I knew someone like her and did everything to avoid her

She's a basketcase. :wowWerd

Scotty, the country singer with a deep voice needs to go. He won't do well later on in the competition when he has to sing out of his comfort zone, which is pretty much anything not country.Yeah. I thought he should've gotten cut. He forgot the damn words which is what they look for. Yes, he kinda sorta covered it, but still. Anyway, he's a one-trick pony and wouldn't have gotten far. Imagine his voice on a Stevie Wonder tune.........................See what I mean?

Oh and nice avatar, too AM :tu

He's 16/17, and somehow I feel like a dirty old woman after I listen to him sing. :oopsIt's ok. He's a male :toast

All I know is J-Lo looked hot in those black shorts when they were giving the news to the singers and they never did show a nice ass shot.I've never cared for her, but she is looking exceptionally yummy so far.

silverblk mystix
02-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Watched this weeks dvr'd shows...

The guy with the stand up bass nailed "Georgia''...he has a lot of talent...plays many instruments-well...and can sing his ass off...his phrasing is money.

The guy that sang "God bless the Child'' and broke down thereafter....wow....THAT was a moment...he just went off somewhere and that shit came from somewhere in outer space...I think it may sound cheesy...but those moments are rare and it doesn't happen often...kinda like in a zone...but he was in it...that is probably why he broke down and wept...he just poured out all this shit from somewhere and he was spent and kinda shaken...nice moment.

That funny looking dude that kinda looks like that "Simply Red'' guy...has one of those unique voices that sounds kinda weird...but the fact that it is a one of a kind voice gives him a shot to record something memorable...if he can get the rest of his shit together and work hard.

This years talent is a huge upgrade over the last few years...

BRHornet45
02-20-2011, 02:42 AM
best judge on that show and reason to watch

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s63/KeiraKnightleyPirate/Aeromith%20Animated%20Clips/GAG010.gif

http://beatcrave.frsucrave.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Aerosmith-TW-3-4-10.jpg

http://www.metalisrael.com/cms/wp-content/s0330aerosmith-s-steve-tyler-posters.jpg

DJ Mbenga
02-20-2011, 03:11 AM
X-gUnksxPOc

AnthonyM
02-20-2011, 06:12 AM
Also, I hate to say it but I do think that Jacob kid who sang God Bless the Child blew his load too early.

I don't think he can top that performance and everyone will be expecting him to.

Kind of like this guy.

RGhgto_ktRA

PM5K
02-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I think the difference is that Andrew had one good arrangement, while his singing was just good.

With Jacob he could just flat out sing, I think you're sadly mistaken if you think we won't see a lot more from him. I mean he's probably already done more than Andrew, but that's debatable.

AnthonyM
02-21-2011, 02:34 AM
I'm not saying he won't be good or put on good performances anymore, I just think people might expect too much out of him or he might not live up to their expectations because of his amazing performance so early on.

The Reckoning
02-24-2011, 01:43 AM
JLo crying was pretty hilarious tonight. stupid bitch.

JudynTX
02-24-2011, 09:00 AM
:depressed Chris Medina didn't make the cut.

paparazzi
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Why is that low singin' country boy still in?

JudynTX
02-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Why is that low singin' country boy still in?

I have no idea.

AnthonyM
02-24-2011, 03:06 PM
:depressed Chris Medina didn't make the cut.

I was pretty disappointed about that. I don't understand how that white guy with the horrid voice made it and not Chris.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 03:32 PM
I don't think Chris was going to win, but he probably should have gotten further than he did.

JudynTX
02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
I was pretty disappointed about that. I don't understand how that white guy with the horrid voice made it and not Chris.

The guy with the soft voice?

I don't think Chris was going to win, but he probably should have gotten further than he did.

I agree with this.

The crazy chick got married. :lol

AnthonyM
02-24-2011, 03:46 PM
The guy with the soft voice?

I don't know. They showed him before Chris last night. He had one a crazy outfit or something and Steven commented on it.

But, yeah, Chris deserved to go further. I think he was more creative then most of the people there, as evidenced by his "My Prerogative" performance. Might not have been the greatest singer, but I think he could have been another David Cook type.

JudynTX
02-24-2011, 03:53 PM
I don't know. They showed him before Chris last night. He had one a crazy outfit or something and Steven commented on it.

Say no more. He's nice to look at though. :D

Stringer_Bell
02-24-2011, 04:50 PM
Chris Medina sucked the whole time until his last performance, and only THEN did he really shine imo. He went out like a man, so I won't talk any more shit. Denise, the chubby black girl with a tattoo on her arm, was amazing and deserved a spot in the final showcase before that little guy with the glasses that was a bitch to Jaycee.

Jaycee and the Black Guy from the Baptist Church should be the Top 2 at the end of the season, they are foreal.

PM5K
02-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Didn't someone compare Denise to Aretha, how do you go from that to going home? I guess they just tossed that out there too easily since they obviously didn't mean it.

AnthonyM
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
I don't think Chris Medina sucked. Granted he wasn't great, I just think other people out-shined him in the Hollywood rounds.

I also have a problem with J-Lo critiquing people. I just can't take her seriously. Who even said she could sing?

rr2418
02-24-2011, 11:48 PM
Chris Medina sucked the whole time until his last performance, and only THEN did he really shine imo. He went out like a man, so I won't talk any more shit. Denise, the chubby black girl with a tattoo on her arm, was amazing and deserved a spot in the final showcase before that little guy with the glasses that was a bitch to Jaycee.

Jaycee and the Black Guy from the Baptist Church should be the Top 2 at the end of the season, they are foreal.

I'm wondering, is that Baptist church guy going to "run out " every song he sings? Even that producer told him certain songs are best sung simple or straight forward. He sings well but got on my nerves already.

rr2418
02-24-2011, 11:52 PM
I don't think Chris Medina sucked. Granted he wasn't great, I just think other people out-shined him in the Hollywood rounds.

I also have a problem with J-Lo critiquing people. I just can't take her seriously. Who even said she could sing?

And Paula Abdul could? :lol

I think she's doing a good job thus far. At least she has experiance in the music business. Last year with Ellen on board proved to be a huge mistake!

PM5K
02-25-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm wondering, is that Baptist church guy going to "run out " every song he sings? Even that producer told him certain songs are best sung simple or straight forward. He sings well but got on my nerves already.

Yeah and he listened, was still amazing, and Randy told him afterwards to put the pedal to the floor.

I accept him for his homosexual tendencies, no question if he was straight he wouldn't be so emotional, but I'm not gonna hate him for it because he can sing.

Stringer_Bell
02-25-2011, 01:58 AM

I agree with the producer, if he keeps oversinging then he will dull the audience. BUT, the judges tell him to bring it so he's got to bring it or have that regret on him. I really, really want to see him sing some Eart, Wind, and Fire - specifically "Reasons." He could sail through to the Finals on that song, easy.

I'll miss Jaycee, but Simply Red ain't too bad either. He's a good kid, hope he'll make it to the next round.

There was some shitty people that got through tonight, meh.

JudynTX
02-25-2011, 10:05 AM

I'm already bored with him and the cowboy guy. :rolleyes

Pretty solid top 24. :tu

:lol @ Simply Red guy.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Why in the hell did they advance the cowboy dude. He's a one trick pony. They should've let Medina through in his place. He'll be cut soon. Yeah that "baptist" kid gets annoying. I like good singing, not vocal gymnastics. Should be a good 24 and damn aren't all the girls good looking. The one from Colombia............. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

AmericanPsycho
02-25-2011, 11:22 AM
There is some real talent this year.

rr2418
02-25-2011, 06:11 PM
I agree with the producer, if he keeps oversinging then he will dull the audience. BUT, the judges tell him to bring it so he's got to bring it or have that regret on him. I really, really want to see him sing some Eart, Wind, and Fire - specifically "Reasons." He could sail through to the Finals on that song, easy.

I'll miss Jaycee, but Simply Red ain't too bad either. He's a good kid, hope he'll make it to the next round.

There was some shitty people that got through tonight, meh.

Yeah, I do agree that the Baptist kid would do a great job with "Reasons".

AnthonyM
02-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Why in the hell did they advance the cowboy dude. He's a one trick pony. They should've let Medina through in his place. He'll be cut soon. Yeah that "baptist" kid gets annoying. I like good singing, not vocal gymnastics. Should be a good 24 and damn aren't all the girls good looking. The one from Colombia............. Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Really is ridiculous that Scotty advanced. Fuck that bullshit man. Country is not what people want to hear on American Idol...plain and simple. Chris would have at least been creative. Scotty has no room to be creative because he can only sing "well lock the doors and turn the lights off..."

Fuck. So pissed that Chris wasn't at least given a chance to showcase himself in the top 24.

Also, I don't like Brett the Redhead. Would have rather seen Jaycee or Colton in instead of him. Fuck.

silverblk mystix
02-26-2011, 06:40 AM

Really is ridiculous that Scotty advanced. Fuck that bullshit man. Country is not what people want to hear on American Idol...plain and simple. Chris would have at least been creative. Scotty has no room to be creative because he can only sing "well lock the doors and turn the lights off..."

Fuck. So pissed that Chris wasn't at least given a chance to showcase himself in the top 24.

Also, I don't like Brett the Redhead. Would have rather seen Jaycee or Colton in instead of him. Fuck.

Country boy with the deep voice is a money maker for the franchise...he is very young and fills a niche...he could be peddled to most any nashville producers/publishers and already he could be on the radio in any country stations...it is always about business...plus chris medina was too chunky to be marketed...

sadly...they gotta have fresh,young & attractive kids BEFORE talent enters the picture...

luckily --for Am Idol...there is a wealth of this ...this season...

ohmwrecker
02-26-2011, 10:17 AM
That redhead dude is a freakshow.

BackStabber
02-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I'm rootin' for the bearded dude who can play.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-26-2011, 05:08 PM

There's a chance Medina might be back. The bearded guy hurt himself or something and if he's not ready to go Tuesday or whenever, they'll name a replacement. I'm guessing it would be Chris IF that happens.

AnthonyM
02-26-2011, 05:16 PM
Really? Where'd you read that?

Honestly, that'd be a shame if the bearded guy can't go on because he hurt himself. As much as I like Chris, I also like the bearded guy too. I just don't like a couple of selections over Chris but bearded guy was not one of them.

Ah, well. We'll see what happens.

AnthonyM
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
Just googled it. Reports are saying that Abrams was able to tape the Top 12 show for the guys, so I guess that's not happening.

Viva Las Espuelas
02-26-2011, 05:21 PM
On TMZ. I should've checked it before I made that post. He had bad stomach pains but he was able to make the taping today.

TheMACHINE
02-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Yeah, I do agree that the Baptist kid would do a great job with "Reasons".

remember this cat.

UqLB6bf-lZ0

JudynTX
03-02-2011, 09:04 AM
:hat

FSculTbXh-Y

I won't get tired of watching Paul McDonald. :)

0uBdopXi5Gs

rr2418
03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
The only guys in my opinion that stood out were Jacob Lusk and Scotty McCreery. Now Scotty (country guy) might have trouble along the way with other types of music.

Stringer_Bell
03-02-2011, 10:18 AM
remember this cat.

UqLB6bf-lZ0

He did alright there, but it's such a hard song to do without sounding like a wedding singer.

Simply Red did pretty good in addition to the obvious choices, hope he's in the next round. Scotty needs to sing "Sundown" and "Amarillo by Morning" if he wants staying power, he could ride those songs to the Top 5.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I didn't watch idol last night. I was too busy winning :tu

JudynTX
03-02-2011, 11:57 AM
The only guys in my opinion that stood out were Jacob Lusk and Scotty McCreery. Now Scotty (country guy) might have trouble along the way with other types of music.

Jacob sounded almost like Lunder Vandross with that song. :tu

I'm not a fan of Scotty's. This is not Country American Idol.

I didn't watch idol last night. I was too busy winning :tu

:toast Did you get any sleep? :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2011, 12:11 PM
:toast Did you get any sleep? :lol
Plenty but not enough

JudynTX
03-02-2011, 12:13 PM
Plenty but not enough

Well if you aren't WINNING tonight, check out the girls tonight. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2011, 12:15 PM
That's the plan. I wonder what ms zorilla will be wearing tonight.

ididnotnothat
03-02-2011, 01:08 PM
Are there any hotties this year?

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Are there any hotties this year?

I wonder what ms zorilla will be wearing tonight.And then some.

rr2418
03-02-2011, 02:09 PM
[QUOTE=JudynTX;5017687]Jacob sounded almost like Lunder Vandross with that song. :tu

Soooo, is this Rock-n-Roll American Idol? R&B American Idol? Oldies American Idol? No, it's AMERICAN IDOL! This show includes ALL TYPES OF MUSIC!

Just messing with you! :lol

Right now I'm not a fan of anyone .....yet!

SpursWoman
03-02-2011, 02:15 PM

Carrie Underwood might disagree with you. :lol

I'm not a big fan of gospel-ly music at all, but I wouldn't knock someone who is obviously talented.

I actually have to close my eyes to enjoy Scotty's voice, though, because it doesn't go with his face at all. I liked the song he sang, because I love me some John Michael Montgomery. *swoon*

Viva Las Espuelas
03-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Having a versatile voice is what they're after. Or should be after. Carrie has a versatile voice. Scotty doesn't. Apples to oranges. Her being a country star has no bearing on whether Scotty should go far. Like I said, picture him singing a Stevie Wonder tune. Nuff said.

JudynTX
03-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Soooo, is this Rock-n-Roll American Idol? R&B American Idol? Oldies American Idol? No, it's AMERICAN IDOL! This show includes ALL TYPES OF MUSIC!

Just messing with you! :lol

Right now I'm not a fan of anyone .....yet!

:lol I'm just a hater when it comes to country music.

Carrie Underwood might disagree with you. :lol

Kori Ellis
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
I only saw part of it last night (the last four, I believe). I can't really say who is the best of them at this point.

PM5K
03-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Having a versatile voice is what they're after. Or should be after. Carrie has a versatile voice. Scotty doesn't. Apples to oranges. Her being a country star has no bearing on whether Scotty should go far. Like I said, picture him singing a Stevie Wonder tune. Nuff said.

Totally agree. Carrie can sing anything, but happens to sing country and sounds and looks amazing doing so :)

Scotty can ONLY sing country. Don't they have a show for that on CMT?

SpursWoman
03-02-2011, 06:05 PM

From everything I've read, they aren't making anyone sing out of their genre this year, so if that's really the case he wouldn't be singing a Stevie Wonder tune, so that'd be a moot point. Nuff said? WTF?

I never said I thought he was going to win (I don't, by a long shot), I just said I liked his voice if I closed my eyes when I listen to him. Because he reminds me of the MAD Magazine dude.

rr2418
03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Totally agree. Carrie can sing anything, but happens to sing country and sounds and looks amazing doing so :)

Scotty can ONLY sing country. Don't they have a show for that on CMT?

If you have to ask, then the country show is either not around anymore or isn't popular.

SpursWoman
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
I don't care what they say ... that first chick was terrrrrible. Yuck.:lol

Kori Ellis
03-02-2011, 09:39 PM
I agree. The only four girls that I liked tonight were Karen Rodriguez, Pia Toscano, Thia Megia and Ashton Jones.

AnthonyM
03-02-2011, 09:43 PM
The best singer of the guys is Jacob, while the most creative is easily Casey. The rest of the guys are just chasing those two, imo.

Also, Jordan was incredibly terrible. How some of them made it over Jaycee and Chris is beyond me.

The girls are a lot tougher to judge. I liked Karen tonight, but that's because I'm Hispanic so I'm biased towards her. Julie was one of my favorites because of her looks but she didn't do so hot tonight. Lauren Alaina, Thia, and Pia were the best of the night, along with Karen.

I miss Simon though, as it seems that Lopez and Tyler like every performance unless it's just downright bad. Even Randy said he'd be disagreeing with them most of the season.

PakiDan
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM
I agree. The only four girls that I liked tonight were Karen Rodriguez, Pia Toscano, Thia Megia and Ashton Jones.

and Hailey. I thought she was great.

SpursWoman
03-02-2011, 09:45 PM

Those are the ones I like, too. I like the young country-ish one, but she gets on my nerves a little too much.

PM5K
03-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I guess white people still don't like us Mexicans. DialIdol has Karen dead last.

If you like her, better vote for her. It's a shame because she might not be the best, but there's no way she's the worst, not even close.

rr2418
03-03-2011, 12:03 AM
My top 3 women:

1. Karen Rodriguez
2. Laurea Alaina
3. Lauren Turner

rr2418
03-03-2011, 12:07 AM
I guess white people still don't like us Mexicans. DialIdol has Karen dead last.

If you like her, better vote for her. It's a shame because she might not be the best, but there's no way she's the worst, not even close.

Over at American Idol.com several posters don't like her singing in spanish! A whole thread was deleted b/c of racial slurs and such!

AnthonyM
03-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Hopefully, if Karen is not in the Top 5, the judges will use her for their wild card picks because she definitely deserves to go on.

JudynTX
03-03-2011, 09:04 AM
Randy is the new Simon, because J-Lo and Steven can't be honest and tell someone they suck. :rolleyes :lol

My Top 3 Girls are:

Lauren Alaina, 16 yr old
Kendra
Naima - although I did agree with Randy that it sounded Loungeish. :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Randy is the new Simon, because J-Lo and Steven can't be honest and tell someone they suck. :rolleyes :lol

My Top 3 Girls are:

Lauren Alaina, 16 yr old
Kendra
Naima - although I did agree with Randy that it sounded Loungeish. :lol

I knew Randy would be. In fact, I think I may have posted that in here earlier. JLo sounds dumb at times but Tyler is kinda truthful at times. No girl really stood out for me. Some were good. Some not so good.

ohmwrecker
03-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Most of the dudes just give me the creeps. The only ones I liked were Judas Priest, Rod Stewart and Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

The chicks are pretty hot this year. They were all pretty good, not great.

JudynTX
03-03-2011, 12:00 PM
That's the plan. I wonder what ms zorilla will be wearing tonight.

Your girl was horrible, sorry. :D

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Your girl was horrible, sorry. :D

Yep. And I'm tired of the poodle skirts that she wears all the time. I hope she varies soon.

JudynTX
03-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Yep. And I'm tired of the poodle skirts that she wears all the time. I hope she varies soon.

:toast The skirts are cute.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 12:41 PM
:toast The skirts are cute.

I know.

Stringer_Bell
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
Thia, Pia, and Karen got that shit on lock. And the blonde girl that sang Christina Aguilera was pretty good too IMO.

The final 3 will be Thia, Pia, and Jacob!

PM5K
03-03-2011, 04:07 PM
And the blonde girl that sang Christina Aguilera was pretty good too IMO.

I didn't think she was that good LAST NIGHT. She was smoking hot though.

AnthonyM
03-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Thia, Pia, and Karen got that shit on lock. And the blonde girl that sang Christina Aguilera was pretty good too IMO.

The final 3 will be Thia, Pia, and Jacob!

That's a solid final 3, but I think I'd put Casey in there over one of the girls. Most likely Pia.

He's too talented not to make it deep into the competition. And I like his style.

SpursWoman
03-03-2011, 08:26 PM
OMFGSCOTTYWTFBBQ????!!!

Not one I would have picked.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 10:55 PM
OMFGSCOTTYWTFBBQ????!!!

Yeah. I couldn't believe he made it.

Pretty decent crew. I really didn't think Ashton "brought it". She was pretty monotone for most of it. She was just being a diva, to me. Hopefully, it wasn't a bad move instead of advancing Robby. I thought he should've gone. Stefano sounded real good. Tonight was the first time I heard the 12 guys. My longshot is Pia. She really does have a pretty pure tone. The song she sang the other day was awesome and it did kinda remind me of She's Out of My Life.

Kori Ellis
03-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I was surprised that Lauren Turner didn't even get a second shot. And I'm not a Hayley fan at all. But overall, it is a really good group.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I was surprised that Lauren Turner didn't even get a second shot.
me too.

Nick Manning
03-03-2011, 11:17 PM
I was surprised that Lauren Turner didn't even get a second shot. And I'm not a Hayley fan at all. But overall, it is a really good group.

I'm awaiting your response in the fetish thread, tbh

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 11:17 PM
oh yeah. i'm pissed that adam lambert clone made it. he's good, but dot dot dot

SpursWoman
03-03-2011, 11:24 PM
The bandana wearing screaming rocker guy?

I was kind of surprised the karaoke guy didn't get another shot.

SpursWoman
03-03-2011, 11:26 PM
I didn't think Ashton was better than Kendra. :fro

rr2418
03-03-2011, 11:34 PM
I posted on another thread that I thought that Ashton has a good voice but her attitude is what turned me off. Her head swaying, finger pointing arrogance is going to be her downfall. Maybe you need a little arrogance in the music business, but when you are in a competition where the viewer is voting, it might make a difference.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
The bandana wearing screaming rocker guy?

yeah. if he stayed out of the lambert stratosphere scream then he wouldn't annoy me as much. other than that, he's a pretty good singer.

AnthonyM
03-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Not a bad top 13. I, also, was surprised that Goggles (Clint) didn't get another shot. He and Brett I thought would get one, along with Stefano.

I do think that part of Goggles' downfall was the fact that he seemed like the bad guy that kicked Jaycee out of the group. I'm pretty sure America fell in love with Jaycee and Goggles' kicking him out didn't help his image.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-03-2011, 11:39 PM
I do think that part of Goggles' downfall was the fact that he seemed like the bad guy that kicked Jaycee out of the group. I'm pretty sure America fell in love with Jaycee and Goggles' kicking him out didn't help his image.
that's exactly what I thought.

JudynTX
03-04-2011, 09:15 AM
OMFGSCOTTYWTFBBQ????!!!

:rolleyes I'll sleep during his performance. :lol

oh yeah. i'm pissed that adam lambert clone made it. he's good, but dot dot dot

:ihit Give him a chance dude!

yeah. if he stayed out of the lambert stratosphere scream then he wouldn't annoy me as much. other than that, he's a pretty good singer.

I think he sings pretty good for someone with Tourette's. :tu

My top 3 of the guys are:

1) James Durbin
2) Paul McDonald
3) Casey

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 09:22 AM
I think he sings pretty good for someone with Tourette's. :tu

Eh. He's a little shaky at times.

AmericanPsycho
03-04-2011, 09:44 AM
I thought the guy with the big nose would make it and still shocked that cowboy made it in the top ten. That brunette with the hot legs is my choice.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 10:04 AM
I thought the guy with the big nose would make itAh. You mean the Jew? :lol

AmericanPsycho
03-04-2011, 10:17 AM
Ah. You mean the Jew? :lol

Wow, that thought never even entered my mind. I just mentioned that you could ski off that it but the guy could sing and was way better than the country singer.

silverblk mystix
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Stefano sang his ass off and deserved to be in the 13...his version of -I need you now-gave me the goose bumps...

Kendra was better than Ashton/Diva...and Robbie Rosen (looks Italian-not Jewish) was/is way better than the tourette's guy---by a lot...

Top three guys;
1) luther vandross guy
2)Casey (very close second)
3)Stefano

three girls;

1) Thea
2) Pia
3) Naima

Julie was also better than Ashton-but she picked a wrong song...

I disagree on the country kid...his voice is radio/studio/nashville ready --right now and will probably outsell almost everyone in the top 13 in the future...book it.

PakiDan
03-04-2011, 11:15 AM
Ah. You mean the Jew? :lol

ij-kGKp8_j4

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 11:56 AM
Oh, and I'm glad mini Geddy Lee didn't make it. Especially after they said he did a Doors tune. The Doors make my skin crawl. What a sh!t horrible group. And that hideous organ manzerak plays. I wanna bash it in like Belushi did to that guitar.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 12:01 PM
ij-kGKp8_j4

Um, Rosen?

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 12:45 PM
Oh, and I'm glad mini Geddy Lee didn't make it. Especially after they said he did a Doors tune. The Doors make my skin crawl. What a sh!t horrible group. And that hideous organ manzerak plays. I wanna bash it in like Belushi did to that guitar.

Mini Geddy Lee... :lmao . WTF!!? The Doors rock!!! I love that organ music. REO could rock an organ too.

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Goggles? :lmao I was shocked that Stefano didn't make it.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Mini Geddy Lee... :lmao . WTF!!? The Doors rock!!! I love that organ music. REO could rock an organ too.

Yes. Mini Geddy Lee. The red head. The Doors rock a tub of sh!t, Joe. REO was way better than The Doors, imo tbqh fwiw

TheMACHINE
03-04-2011, 01:03 PM
My top 4!

Thia
Pia
Karen
Paul

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Goggles? :lmao I was shocked that Stefano didn't make it.

Stefano made it. In fact, I think he should've been the only wild card. Too nice syndrome was in effect.

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 01:04 PM
Yes. Mini Geddy Lee. The red head. The Doors rock a tub of sh!t, Joe. REO was way better than The Doors, imo tbqh fwiw

Yeah, many don't get The Doors at all. I've loved them going way back and we'd have Doors parties and all be trippin'. It was great.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Yeah, many don't get The Doors at all. I've loved them going way back and we'd have Doors parties and all be trippin'. It was great.

The intro to light my fire is like nails on a chalkboard. I'd rather hear a cat tied to a ceiling fan around the neck on high for 36 hours. Maybe 37

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 01:16 PM
The intro to light my fire is like nails on a chalkboard. I'd rather hear a cat tied to a ceiling fan around the neck on high for 36 hours. Maybe 37

:lol I like the organ solo on REO's Keep on Rollin'.

SpursWoman
03-04-2011, 01:21 PM

I love REO Speedwagon, hated The Doors. And the way that carrot top kid sang it made me hate them even more. :lol

ohmwrecker
03-04-2011, 01:27 PM
I can totally see why people find The Doors annoying, but REO Speedwagon sucks balls.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 01:28 PM

I guess you're a fan of men playing with their organ.

JudynTX
03-04-2011, 04:06 PM

:lol @ Geddy Lee. We thought the same thing.

I can totally see why people find The Doors annoying, but REO Speedwagon sucks balls.

Hey now, Riding The Storm Out was a good song by REO. :hat

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 04:26 PM
Stefano made it. In fact, I think he should've been the only wild card. Too nice syndrome was in effect.

Oh, I thought stefano was the big nosed dude. I couldn't tell you any of their names. And REO Speedwagon rocked!! Saw them back in 70's and they put on one hell of show. Golden Country was the jam but I love and grew up with classic rock.

JoeChalupa
03-04-2011, 04:28 PM
I guess you're a fan of men playing with their organ.

Well, I am an organ donor.

rr2418
03-04-2011, 06:08 PM

I guess the next obvious question is: How old are you? I guess I'm asking b/c I liked the Doors! I'm in my late 40's, but I didn't care for the Beatles! Peple think I'm CRAZY for not liking the Beatles! :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
I guess the next obvious question is: How old are you? I guess I'm asking b/c I liked the Doors! I'm in my late 40's, but I didn't care for the Beatles! Peple think I'm CRAZY for not liking the Beatles! :lol

Mid to late 30's. I'm sorry but I never "got" The Doors. I think the main thing to them was Jim, obviously. I like him but The Doors eeeeeeek. If you don't like The Beatles then that means you like Elvis. I like The Beatles and think Elvis was a joke. The Beatles influenced so many bands and musicians. The harmonies, progressions, voicings, etc. I think that what makes me appreciate them even more. I'm kind of a late bloomer to The Beatles.

rr2418
03-04-2011, 10:58 PM
Mid to late 30's. I'm sorry but I never "got" The Doors. I think the main thing to them was Jim, obviously. I like him but The Doors eeeeeeek. If you don't like The Beatles then that means you like Elvis. I like The Beatles and think Elvis was a joke. The Beatles influenced so many bands and musicians. The harmonies, progressions, voicings, etc. I think that what makes me appreciate them even more. I'm kind of a late bloomer to The Beatles.

Nope! Didn't like Elvis either! :lol

My brother and sisters would play Elvis and the Beatles but just never liked the sound of both. I will say that listening to both their music now reminds me of happy times at home.

Stringer_Bell
03-05-2011, 01:20 AM

I think Beatles are one of those bands you have to appreciate in your own time at your own pace, since they are more than just a handful of pop songs.

The Doors, I notice, are hated by a lot of musicians for some reason. I like them, and I really enjoyed what Brett did with the song. It's good entertainment.

I'm surprised at how talented the top group is this year, last year fucking sucked and each week got more boring. There's some characters and great voices this season, could get very tough to make it week to week.

AmericanWoman
03-05-2011, 10:02 AM
I like both the Beatles and Elvis. The Doors for the most part I feel were a band of the times but I do like their music. Who knows what was to come.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-05-2011, 02:05 PM
My brother and sisters would play Elvis and the Beatles but just never liked the sound of both. I will say that listening to both their music now reminds me of happy times at home.
before the beatings started?

rr2418
03-05-2011, 03:52 PM
before the beatings started?

:lol Yeah, something like that!

JudynTX
03-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Chris Medina doesn't need American Idol. :)

nQY4dIxY1H4

PM5K
03-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Chris Medina doesn't need American Idol. :)

nQY4dIxY1H4

He's going to ride that poor girl all the way so stradom. I felt for him and her at first, but now, it seems like he's exploiting the situation.

SpursWoman
03-09-2011, 08:50 PM
I {heart} Pia.

And Casey. :)

Kori Ellis
03-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Pia was really, really good again. I liked Scotty more than I usually do. But I was disappointed by a lot of them tonight.

resistanze
03-09-2011, 10:29 PM
God damn Pia is fine. Oh and she sings pretty damn well.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-09-2011, 11:12 PM
I thought Pia were Stefano good. More Pia than Stefano. Lot of them picked horrible tunes and played it too safe. I don't know if Karen, Casey or Lauren sounded the worst. They were really bad.

SpursWoman
03-09-2011, 11:18 PM
I like Casey .... I thought Ashthon was the worst. And I hate that Umbrella song, so I didn't like the last one much.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-09-2011, 11:36 PM
Oh that's right. I forgot about her. I fast-forwarded through her song. Naima, the Umbrella song, actually did good, I thought. She had all that choreography in there and pretty much nailed it almost, singing-wise. There were some funny parts but it takes a lot to do all that moving and hitting your pitches like Randy and Lopez said. If she'd stayed still she would've killed it. I don't care for that song but I thought she did a good job. They're critiquing them too nice though. Simon would've stolen the show tonight.

Kori Ellis
03-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I thought Pia were Stefano good. More Pia than Stefano. Lot of them picked horrible tunes and played it too safe. I don't know if Karen, Casey or Lauren sounded the worst. They were really bad.

I thought Karen and Lauren were bad. But I also didn't like Thia, Ashton, Haley, Paul or Naima.

James, Casey and Jacob were decent, but I thought they'd be a lot better.

I loved Pia, and liked Scotty and Stefano a lot.

AnthonyM
03-09-2011, 11:53 PM
No one except Pia stood out tonight. I didn't think Casey was that bad though.

Karen and Lauren were two of the worst tonight, and Ashthon is just boring to me.

I agree with Viva about the judges critiquing them too nice though. If they say anything bad about them, or if they didn't like the performance, it's immediately followed with a: "But you're so awesome and we love you". Simon would have told a lot of people they were forgettable tonight or that they were in danger of leaving.

Stringer_Bell
03-10-2011, 02:04 AM
I liked the majority of the performances from the singers, but the record producers really fucked Jacob and Thia's songs up...could have been spectacular and they weren't.

Credit to the producers for James (cleaned up his voice and made it shine), Pia (a way better sounding Celine Dion), and Stefano (radio friendly vocals and music). Naima has major guts, she went out there and performed like a champ even though it wasn't her best. Hope she makes it through.

I really like this season, the last two were boring and useless other than Adam, but some great creative singers this season.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2011, 08:20 AM
That's right. I thought Shakes did pretty good, too. Whole lot better than last week.

JudynTX
03-10-2011, 09:01 AM
Ashton will go home tonight.

Favorites from last night:

James (everyone expected him to come out with another rock song, but he nailed the McCartney song.) :tu
Naima - I'm not a fan of Rhiana, but she sounded just like her. :wow
Casey

Least favorites:

Stefano
Thia
Paul :( WTF, I've never heard of Ryan Adams. :lol Why couldn't it be Bryan Adams? :bang He's got the perfect voice for Run To You.

silverblk mystix
03-10-2011, 09:12 AM
Finally saw the DVR'd performances....

What a freakin' disappointment...I hated pretty much all of them...

then I figured out why...

Fuck Interscope, fuck Iovine, fuck those wanna be so-called producers...

A few years back record company people decided that instead of promoting,nurturing,discovering TALENT....they decided that they were smarter than the rest of the public and had control of the record companies already...

So they decided to take over and that THEY themselves were the talent...

So you began to hear phrases and critiques like, "the production was dope'' and "the beats" and then...

you began to hear about production teams...like timbalake...and dr dre...etc...

and you began to see every so-called artist make a freakin song--ONE decent or passable song...and that was a whole album...and in that ONE song...it was the so-called artist---FEATURING...so and so rapper/singer/celebrity....

Why?

Because the record company producers decided that they themselves would be the talent...that they would make hits...they would decided who to sign---based NOT on talent...but based on what kind of people they could manipulate,market,sell and write material for.

Music took a nosedive in talent, sales, gross concert revenues,etc..but MAINLY in talent.

This is what happened in last nights show.

Granted...American Idol is not the end-all be-all of music...but at least they were featuring unknowns with dreams and raw talent and sincere stories.

Last night was American Idol giving the reins to a record company (Interscope) and a producer (Iovine) and his staff (all the other so-called producers) and they took the life and soul out of ALL the contestants and tried to slick it up with generic, vanilla, sterile cookie cutter productions that promise cutting-edge current production values...but are just another sham and has created such ASTOUNDING artists such as;

Keshia, Rhiyanna, Beyonce,etc...

Every contestant was put through the music money-making sterilization wash & dry & fluff routine until they came out as bland as the garbage that you hear coming out of these SUPERSTAR production teams studios...and on today's radio and video channels...

Fuck today's music production teams....

hope this was a one time deal...or American Idol is done...

Sorry....

Rant over.

Jimcs50
03-10-2011, 09:16 AM
Pia is winning this, I picked her when she did Grenade.

rr2418
03-10-2011, 10:04 AM
My fav's were Scotty, Jacob, and Lauren.

Going home I think will be Karen. She did good last night but I think America is just turned off by a Latina who's proud of her heritage. I could just hear all northern and eastern USA ask, "Who is Selena?" :lol

I know Pia sang very well last night but besides being very pretty, what is all the fuss about her? I don't think she is the best right now! I think AI wants her to be and they are pushing it that way. But last week she received a standing ovation??? :lol I can't sing a note to save my life so maybe that's why I don't "get it".

Jimcs50
03-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Fellow Spurs fans, help a guy out and vote for Pia, it is worth money to me.

14074004 03/04/11
07:13PM Straight Other Events 655517 Odds to win American Idol Season 10 - Top 13
PIA TOSCANO
+470 03/10/11
07:00PM 100 470

I bet the $100 I won on Spurs winning over 49.5 games last week to win $470 if Pia wins it all. :toast

ohmwrecker
03-10-2011, 04:06 PM
That one dude would be a lot better if he just stood still and played a guitar instead of hopping/stumbling around like a drunk monkey.

JudynTX
03-10-2011, 04:08 PM
That one dude would be a lot better if he just stood still and played a guitar instead of hopping/stumbling around like a drunk monkey.

I'm taking a guess you are talking about Paul. I agree, he needs to just stand there. :makeout

Viva Las Espuelas
03-10-2011, 04:57 PM
He sucked as well. He looked drunk only. Not Manny.

PM5K
03-10-2011, 05:54 PM
silverblk mystix:

I wouldn't go on a rant about it but in general you're probably right. No question everyone was saying this season had the most talent ever, and then everyone saw last nights performances and again, no question everyone was underwhelmed by them.

What changed? Certainly not the talent, what did change was the people behind them so it's hard to disagree with your opinion that it's based almost entirely on the people behind the scenes.

silverblk mystix
03-10-2011, 06:39 PM
silverblk mystix:

I wouldn't go on a rant about it but in general you're probably right. No question everyone was saying this season had the most talent ever, and then everyone saw last nights performances and again, no question everyone was underwhelmed by them.

What changed? Certainly not the talent, what did change was the people behind them so it's hard to disagree with your opinion that it's based almost entirely on the people behind the scenes.

Well, let's hope it was just a theme for the night and next week it goes back to just a singing competition...

what is sad is that after this is over...most of these kids...the top 5 to 7 at least...will end up at some label and will end up being molded into what these production teams want them to be.

In my opinion one of the reasons that this season has more talent is due simply to Simon being gone, because if you watched the last few years you would see that Simon was judging based on what he could market and sell as opposed to who was the most talented. That is why on some years you saw some contestants that had no talent..but they were either very attractive, very funny,very weird looking or weird acting or just made for funny television.

This season seemed to be more based on actual vocal talent sprinkled of course with youth,looks, marketability,etc...

AnthonyM
03-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Well, I'm honestly glad that Karen did not leave tonight. I think that she has a lot of potential and really just messed up with her song choice on Wednesday.

Ashthon, you were just not very appealing and there was nothing unique about you. You weren't bad, just not very good. I'm glad the judges did not use their save on you. I would have been super pissed.

Randy mentioned that Haley should sing some Stevie Nicks. I think that would be awesome. Edge of Seventeen would be great for her. It's got that edgy voice thing that Haley has going on for her and I think it could be really, really good if she did it.

LcxMHhkzH_0

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Good riddance, Ashton. You sucked and didn't deserve a second chance. Toodles

JudynTX
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM

I called it. :D

Did P Diddy or whatever the hell his name is have to be there? Oh brother! :rolleyes

SpursWoman
03-11-2011, 01:19 PM

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 01:48 PM
I called it. :D

Did P Diddy or whatever the hell his name is have to be there? Oh brother! :rolleyes

I don't understand why they allow these hip-hop/rap/auto-tune "singers" to perform and basically say "you need to sound like them". Maybe if people actually appreciated musical talent more than flash, the music world would be a little more tolerable. But, oh well.

JudynTX
03-11-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't understand why they allow these hip-hop/rap/auto-tune "singers" to perform and basically say "you need to sound like them". Maybe if people actually appreciated musical talent more than flash, the music world would be a little more tolerable. But, oh well.

Word!

I wonder what happened to Casey? Anyone know?

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 02:18 PM

...but,but...I thought Dirty Diddy Puffy Diddley Money Daddy...was a Mogul?

JudynTX
03-11-2011, 02:21 PM

So freakin stupid.

AnthonyM
03-11-2011, 02:22 PM
Word!

I wonder what happened to Casey? Anyone know?

Ulcerative colitis. He had to receive a blood transfusion. That's the 2nd time this season that he's needed that. Hopefully it doesn't take too much of a toll on him this season.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2011/03/11/2011-03-11_casey_abrams_hospitalized_american_idol_season_ 10_contestant_sick_again_due_to_u.html

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 02:27 PM

He's a business man that has money and knows how to find play to do his glorified karaoke. Nothing more. Nothing less.

oh crap
03-11-2011, 02:31 PM
but he wrecked a bike and danced for biggie in that video all them years back lol. and i don't follow this show much but i did see casey's performance that everyone was drooling over and i hope he dies in the fucking hospital. dude is fucking beyond horrible, hope he doesn't make it out.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 02:33 PM
but he wrecked a bike and danced for biggie in that video all them years back lol. and i don't follow this show much but i did see casey's performance that everyone was drooling over and i hope he dies in the fucking hospital. dude is fucking beyond horrible, hope he doesn't make it out.

Well, it would be pretty interesting if YOU were one of the judges :lol

JudynTX
03-11-2011, 02:52 PM
:lol @ hatin Casey

SpursWoman
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Doesn't Casey even get some because-he's-from-Austin cool points? :lol

I like him ... but even if I didn't, I hope he gets better soon. :fro

Viva Las Espuelas
03-11-2011, 05:35 PM
Doesn't Casey even get some because-he's-from-Austin cool points? :lol

Ha. The more feet of piss Austin is covered with the better. I have a sincere hate for Austin.

On that note, I dont dislike him. His performance was all but overwhelming. Bad song choice and he didn't do a good job in the first place. Go back and check out his performance on youtube or wherever. He danced around the lyrics, timing was a little shaky and he frankly didnt hit the scream/grunts that are a signature of the song. When I think of singing that song really doesnt pop into mind either. To me, it simply doesn't showcase any true singing and his performance showed that imho tbh fwiw. At times it looked like he was going to point the mic at the crowd to sing along :lol a big pet peeve of mine.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Ha. The more feet of piss Austin is covered with the better. I have a sincere hate for Austin.

On that note, I dont dislike him. His performance was all but overwhelming. Bad song choice and he didn't do a good job in the first place. Go back and check out his performance on youtube or wherever. He danced around the lyrics, timing was a little shaky and he frankly didnt hit the scream/grunts that are a signature of the song. When I think of singing that song really doesnt pop into mind either. To me, it simply doesn't showcase any true singing and his performance showed that imho tbh fwiw. At times it looked like he was going to point the mic at the crowd to sing along :lol a big pet peeve of mine.

Interesting comment about Austin...I tend to feel that Austin is the lesser of any other evils/cities in Texas....

oh well....

oh crap
03-11-2011, 06:05 PM
You and everyone else, silver. I can count on one hand the number of people i've ever known who've not loved it here, and of those, most are san antonio homers who think just cause their city is bigger that automatically equals better, cooler, etc. we're the envy of the state and i'm a-okay with that.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 06:56 PM
You and everyone else, silver. I can count on one hand the number of people i've ever known who've not loved it here, and of those, most are san antonio homers who think just cause their city is bigger that automatically equals better, cooler, etc. we're the envy of the state and i'm a-okay with that.

You know, I'm not trying to start no S.A. vs. Austin smack thread...but I have noticed that S.A. attitude...

where I work I know many guys that commute from S.A. to Austin because the pay is so much better...

when I ask them why don't they just move here...

they give me a look like I had just sprouted a fuckin' horn through my forehead...

they say," Austin fuckin' sucks, I would never move to this piece of shit city!''

WTF?

ohmwrecker
03-11-2011, 07:06 PM
What?! How could you not like Austin? It's one of the best cities to live in the U.S.

silverblk mystix
03-11-2011, 07:17 PM
What?! How could you not like Austin? It's one of the best cities to live in the U.S.

Werd.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2011, 05:29 PM
I tend to feel that Austin is the lesser of any other evils/cities in Texas....
Ha. If you take away the arrogant pricks and jackasses that do not know how to drive you might be on to something. Might.

oh crap
03-12-2011, 05:53 PM
i always thought dallas was the city with arrogant, pretentious pricks and houston with the shitty drivers. meh.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-12-2011, 06:17 PM
i always thought dallas was the city with arrogant, pretentious pricks and houston with the shitty drivers. meh.

Welll yeah. Dallas does indeed have arrogant pretentious pricks but there's more land up here to smooth them out. Same amount of pricks but just not enough land down there in "weird" town Austin to make them less prominent. Oh, and houston is just a cauldron of crap. It's The Armpit of Texas.

silverblk mystix
03-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Ha. If you take away the arrogant pricks and jackasses that do not know how to drive you might be on to something. Might.

You're saying that San Antonio drivers are ok?
:lmao

I'd be rich if I had a dollar for every asshole san antonio driver who tried to cut me off...then try to start a fight...

not to mention the idiots on cell phones, the endless road work, please...

there must be something OTHER than traffic to place san antonio above all other texas cities...

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Welll yeah. Dallas does indeed have arrogant pretentious pricks but there's more land up here to smooth them out. Same amount of pricks but just not enough land down there in "weird" town Austin to make them less prominent. Oh, and houston is just a cauldron of crap. It's The Armpit of Texas.

You are a deeply disturbed individual. I would think that people like you would be satisfied that you have oozed into every crevice of the state, making Austin the only refuge from the rampant dumbassedness of the rest of Texas. You don't even have a legitimate complaint other than judgmental generalizations and culturally retarded nitwitticisms. You wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings if you never come to the ATX again. Be my guest to stay the fuck out, hoss.

silverblk mystix
03-13-2011, 05:46 PM
You are a deeply disturbed individual. I would think that people like you would be satisfied that you have oozed into every crevice of the state, making Austin the only refuge from the rampant dumbassedness of the rest of Texas. You don't even have a legitimate complaint other than judgmental generalizations and culturally retarded nitwitticisms. You wouldn't hurt anyone's feelings if you never come to the ATX again. Be my guest to stay the fuck out, hoss.

Kinda harsh IMO...Viva Las Espuelas is alright...if he ever spent some real time in ATX and got a little of S.A. out of him...

he would probably recognize what we already know...I grew up in S.A...but I generally felt like a fish out of water and just thought I was different that other S.A. folks...

I discovered a few nicer places in Cali and other places in the east...then when I thought of returning to Texas I re-visited S.A....and in five minutes I knew I could never live there again...

I checked out ATX..and it felt strangely unlike other texas cities...and I felt like I could actually breathe again...and stayed...and it has been a pleasant surprise.

ohmwrecker
03-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Kinda harsh IMO...

Maybe . . . no point in beating around the bush though.

JudynTX
03-16-2011, 11:15 AM
I hope Paul McDonald sings a song by someone we know. :D

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 12:55 PM
And takes a piss before he sings.

AnthonyM
03-16-2011, 02:45 PM
And then leaves the show. In any way, shape or form.

JudynTX
03-16-2011, 03:59 PM
And takes a piss before he sings.

And then leaves the show. In any way, shape or form.

Oh come on guys., he's got a unique voice. :D I would not be upset if Thia or Stefano sucked ass tonight. :toast

AnthonyM
03-16-2011, 04:51 PM
It's unique, yeah, but he's just boring. I don't really care for his voice and don't think it's that good.

rr2418
03-16-2011, 06:53 PM
I think it's interesting how we all have our own definition of a good voice. In todays music a voice doesn't have to be a "trained" voice with vibrato, falsetto, etc. A perfect example is Taylor Swift. She has a terrible voice(IMHO), but with studio magic, her voice sounds great. Stefano IMO has a better voice than Paul McDonald, but like Judyntx said his unique (soft) voice is what todays young folks like.

SpursWoman
03-16-2011, 07:57 PM
I looooooove the song Stefano sang. :makeout

rr2418
03-16-2011, 08:39 PM
:lol I think Paul just "goofied" dance his way out of the competition!!!

Casey Abrams.....he sucked!!!

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Finally checking it out. What's with this horrible judging? Coddling, maybe?

Anyway. Naima, eh. Paul didn't piss beforehand and sucked. Thia sounded good but not great. Shakes, was bad as in bad. Haley just started and ughhh.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Is it me or does Haley look like Zach De La Rocha with lipstick? :lmao
All over her face :rollin

Kori Ellis
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
I'd vote off Hayley this week. I haven't liked her all along, but today she was worse than normal.

rr2418
03-16-2011, 09:03 PM
Finally checking it out. What's with this horrible judging? Coddling, maybe?

Anyway. Naima, eh. Paul didn't piss beforehand and sucked. Thia sounded good but not great. Shakes, was bad as in bad. Haley just started and ughhh.

Who's Shakes?

SpursWoman
03-16-2011, 09:25 PM
James Durbin ... the rock dude with Tourette's that bastardized Bon Jovi. :(

Stringer_Bell
03-16-2011, 09:35 PM
The music producers are killing the talent...Thia/Jacob/Pia were totally underwhelming. Thankfully Casey/James meshed so well with their arrangements, at least Casey added fun little touches to the music (mandolin and a horn section to "Teen Spirit" haha).

Paul should sing "Dream Weaver" or Smokey Robinson "Being With You" if he wants to survive, he's fun but can be weak.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Top 3 should be Jacob, Stefano, Pia in that order

Cobain is rolling in his grave. Pia sounded good but she ain't ready. She's cute as hell though. Lauren sounded good but I don't think she can take the pressure as the weeks go by. Scotty was good but he's not stepping out at all so I'm not paying attention to him.

Casey or Haley is gone tomorrow.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-16-2011, 09:43 PM
James Durbin ... the rock dude with Tourette's that bastardized Bon Jovi. :(

:lol yes and yes

AnthonyM
03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Naima or Paul need to go. They're both just flat-out bad.

Casey, while he did bad, doesn't deserve to go home. Hayley is just all over the place, with flashes of good and bad. More bad than good though.

rr2418
03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
From best to worst:

1. Scotty- I know people on this forum don't like country, but the dude could record a cd right now!

2. Pia- Another good performance but playing it safe.

3. Karen- I thought she sounded good tonight, although I think she should stay off the spanish lyrics b/c non-spanish speaking people just don't get it!

4. Stefano- Pretty good performance.

5. Jacob- O.k. but his voice to me doesn't fit a rock song.

6. James- O.k.......I guess!

7. Thia- O.k. It's funny that Randy said that she is always picking ballads, yet Pia has sung all ballads and has drawn praise each time.

8. Lauren- I thought she didn't sing as well as last week.

9. Haley- Nah!

10. Naima- Like the judges said, "very pitchy"!

11. Casey- What the hell was that???

12. Paul- Doesn't have a good voice IMO. Sounded lousy tonight. And that dancing......oh Lord! Doesn't he know that white men can't dance???

Despite my rankings, I think America will vote this way:

Thia, Haley, Naima in bottom three.

Going home: Haley

PM5K
03-17-2011, 05:20 AM
(My comments posted on IMDB Idol Forum)

In order of appearance:

Naima: Meh.

Paul: Sick? Either way, just another meh performance. He's got a great sounding voice, but it just didn't work. He's got the type of voice that is so soft and raspy, that he has to pick songs that don't over power his sound.

Thia: Another sleepy, boring performance. Amazingly talented so it's disappointing.

James: A good performance makes you want to hear it again, a bad one makes you want to hear the original to get that ugly taste out of your mouth. I didn't want to hear James again, it wasn't bad but it was far from great.

Haley: She has a loungy voice and is a sultry performer. Her performance wasn't great but it was fun. J Lo said she doesn't know where she's going on stage, but I think she does, she's trying to be sultry. Does it work? I guess it's a matter of opinion.

Stefano He's not the best pure singer, but he gives 100% each time out and he's consistent.

Pia Horrible arrangement. Amazingly talented but took a step back this week.

Scotty: I would have had him sing Almost Goodbye by Mark Chestnut. As much as people like his sound, most country singers don't have that deep of a voice, or sing in such a monotone way. He sounds a lot more like Mark Chestnut than Travis Tritt, and I think it's a better song too.

Karen: Not the strongest singer but stays in her range. She was just okay.

Casey: Can't be done right, cool that he had the balls to try but it was a miss otherwise.

Lauren: Safe, boring, she's more talented than that right?

Jacob: Another guy that always gives 100%. I don't get the hate for him this week, his performances are pretty consistent. He sings mostly female songs with a broad vocal range that includes lows, mids, and always a very high pitched part usually near the end. Some people say he over sings, but I'd rather hear someone over sing than under sing like Thia did these past two weeks.

Judges: A lot of the songs and arrangements suck so bad, but even if they wanted to what can they say about it? They can't sit there and say wow Jimmy Iovine and everyone else really screwed the pooch on that arrangement.

Without Simon we basically get 99.9% positive comments, it doesn't help when you're looking for some guidance about who was the best from someone sitting right there in front of them.

rr2418
03-17-2011, 09:18 AM
I agree about Simon! He would've had something negative to say to each one of them yesterday and last week. Even the beloved Pia!!! He probably would've said she was getting a bit boring! I know he would've tore into Casey, Naima, and Paul. On a scale of 1 thru 10, I give the judges this season a 4!

JudynTX
03-17-2011, 11:13 AM
I predict that Thia or Hayley will go home tonight. I was disappointed in Casey's performance, he screamed too much. :td I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi so if James butchered one of their songs, oh well. :lol I didn't see Scotty's performance because I'm not interested.

And if a few of them have the flu, that whole house will get it eventually.

Viva Las Espuelas
03-17-2011, 11:36 AM
I agree about Simon! He would've had something negative to say to each one of them yesterday and last week. Even the beloved Pia!!! He probably would've said she was getting a bit boring! I know he would've tore into Casey, Naima, and Paul. On a scale of 1 thru 10, I give the judges this season a 4!

He's not negative. He's just honest. Record companies put thousands to hundred thousands of dollars behind an artist in hopes of making that money back and hopefully make more for years to come. It's an investment. That's my mentality about this show. This isn't "oh, well he/she tried but I know they'll do better next time". Lights go up. The band starts. SING.

rr2418
03-17-2011, 10:31 PM
He's not negative. He's just honest. Record companies put thousands to hundred thousands of dollars behind an artist in hopes of making that money back and hopefully make more for years to come. It's an investment. That's my mentality about this show. This isn't "oh, well he/she tried but I know they'll do better next time". Lights go up. The band starts. SING.

That's what I meant to write. The word negative just popped in my head. :lol

Stringer_Bell
03-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Just watched on DVR, they sent home the hot latina girl. She alienated people by singing so much in Spanish, bad move chica.

AnthonyM
03-18-2011, 02:55 AM
Just watched on DVR, they sent home the hot latina girl. She alienated people by singing so much in Spanish, bad move chica.

Exactly. I'm hispanic and I initially liked her but she definitely overplayed/exploited it too much. Her outfits and hair really did her in, imo. She should have looked like she did tonight while she did her performances.

Naima should have fucking gone home.

rr2418
03-18-2011, 03:15 PM
Exactly. I'm hispanic and I initially liked her but she definitely overplayed/exploited it too much. Her outfits and hair really did her in, imo. She should have looked like she did tonight while she did her performances.

Naima should have fucking gone home.

I agree. I'm hispanic and she shouldn't have sang in spanish. The funny thing though, she just sang a few lines in spanish but that was enough for the non-spanish speaking people. I'm happy that she's proud about her ethnic background but if she tries out again next year maybe she'll learn from this and sing her songs accordingly.

Yep, either Naima, Haley, Casey, or Paul should've gone home!

SpursWoman
03-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm not hispanic and I liked Karen at first, but the last 2 weeks she hasn't been very good at all, and it really didn't have anything to do with her being hispanic or singing in Spanish IMO. She was just meh.

I thought Naima was much worse, though, and should have gone home last night.

PM5K
03-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Karen just doesn't have a very strong voice, nor is it particularly unique. She's not going to belt them out like say Pia, and she isn't unique like say Paul.

rr2418
03-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Well Paul is just out right terrible!! Pia has a strong voice but She has sung three straight ballads I believe and the judges haven't said anything about that. Yet Thia got criticized for singing ballads. Huh??

Oh, I think AI should get rid of the save feature. Everyone knows the judges are not going to use it so early, so it really is not a fair deal. Besides, the judges are saving it for Pia!!

JudynTX
03-21-2011, 09:04 AM
Well Paul is just out right terrible!! Pia has a strong voice but She has sung three straight ballads I believe and the judges haven't said anything about that. Yet Thia got criticized for singing ballads. Huh??

Oh, I think AI should get rid of the save feature. Everyone knows the judges are not going to use it so early, so it really is not a fair deal. Besides, the judges are saving it for Pia!!

I agree with this. I think that's who the judges want to win this thing.

Jimcs50
03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
I have money bet on Pia and Stephano to win it all.

14074004 03/04/11
07:13PM Straight Other Events 655517 Odds to win American Idol Season 10 - Top 13
PIA TOSCANO
+470 03/21/11
11:00AM 100 470
Bet Accepted Type Sport NSS Selection Date Risk Win
14432778 03/19/11
10:09AM Straight Other Events 655521 Odds to win American Idol Season 10 - Top 13
STEFANO LANGONE
+900 03/21/11
11:00AM 70 630

Viva Las Espuelas
03-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm Hispanic too and Karen was just boring overall. She sang ok but her whole Selena Jr Latina pride was a bit much for me. If she spent more time practicing than planning her outfits and hair, she might've done better. I agree that Pia and Stefano will be there at the end. I included Jacob in the top 3 but people will get tired of him and his vocal gymnastics he does.

JudynTX
03-21-2011, 11:27 AM
I have money bet on Pia and Stephano to win it all.

14074004 03/04/11
PIA TOSCANO
+470 03/21/11
11:00AM 100 470
Bet Accepted Type Sport NSS Selection Date Risk Win
14432778 03/19/11
10:09AM Straight Other Events 655521 Odds to win American Idol Season 10 - Top 13
STEFANO LANGONE
+900 03/21/11
11:00AM 70 630

I'd never bet money on this show. :lol

rr2418
03-23-2011, 09:16 PM
My best tonight: Thia, Scotty, and Jacob.

Bottom three: Haley, Paul, and Naima.

Going home: Haley