PDA

View Full Version : How many NBA players had/will have a better career then Kobme?

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Will easily top 50.
Top 100?
150?

Just to get us started.

Bill Russell
Wilt
Kream Jabbar
Jordan
Timmy Duncan
David Robinson
GNob
Nate Archibald
Chuck Barkley
Rick Barry
Dave Bing
Larry Bird
Dave Cowens
McHale
Dennis Johnson
Johny Havlicek
Cornbread Maxwell
Billy Cunningham
Dave DeBusschere
Clyde Drexler
Julius Erving
Patrick Ewing
Walt Frazier
George Gervin
Hal Greer
Elvin Hayes
Magic Johnson
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor
Sam Jones
Mo Malone
Pete Maravich
George Mikan
Earl Monroe
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Shaquille O'Neal
Robert Parish
Scottie Pippen
Willis Reed
Oscar Robertson
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Nate Thurmond
Wes Unseld
Billy Walton
Lenny Wilkens

history2b
01-20-2011, 03:01 PM
I quickly scanned for Spurs players....

David Robinson lol!!

The player most remembered for this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

NRHector
01-20-2011, 03:02 PM
is an insult to all this players to compare them with Kobme, they didn't cry for help or demand to be traded

TampaDude
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Kobe Bryant lol!!!

The player most remembered for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ck9nyiwaTIg

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 03:04 PM

David Robinson lol!!

I quickly scanned the NBA Forum on here last night and couldn't find you.

JamStone
01-20-2011, 03:13 PM
That list is a good start.

Could be many more. Or could be slightly fewer depending what criteria you use.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM

David Robinson lol!!

lol thinking anyone but haters remember DRob from that.

He's remembered by 95% of the NBA's true fanbase as a champ retiiring with the trophy in his hand.

BTW, you do realize 6-#24 will only be remembered for something to do with Shaq, rape, or collusion, right?

Killakobe81
01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
yall OP are so ridiculous please enjoy this team (spurs) on pace for 70, Manu with a reurgent season ...why do you guys care where kobe is ranked? With another title maybe even duncan moves back ahead of Kobe, even though they would have the same number of rings ...THAT should be your focus. All these threads "smacks" of media/penis envy.

The spurs are like your favorite cult movie, indy rockband, or underground backpack rapper. Real fans of the sport appreciate their greatness. So why do some spur fans care about rankings?

the Lakers? they are the Jay-z, the Kanye, the U2, of ball...icons. so even when they suck or over rely on autotunes (Kindom come, 808's and heartbreak) they still make headlines, they still sell.

Lakers have been at times have ben as disappointing as kingdom come and confusing as 808 ...i hope come playoff time we are Blueprint 3 and dark twisted and show we still run this bitch ...

ChrisRichards
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
Realistically? once all is said and done these are the players IMO that will have better careers/legacy than Kobe

Lebron
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Blake Griffin
Derrick Rose
Kevin Love
Demarcus Cousins
Danillo Gallinari
John Wall
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

So in 10 years from now, Kobe's rank among the all time greats should go from Top 30 to 15.

history2b
01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
I quickly scanned the NBA Forum on here last night and couldn't find you.

That's because I never post at night. When life calls I answer...

But that's an interesting new angle you're taking; first it was that I don't post here after a Laker loss and well, here I am! So naturally you shift your stance pointing out that I wasn't here last night.

Yes, its true, I was not here and it was very deliberate you sly little sleuth.

NRHector
01-20-2011, 03:25 PM
Will easily top 50.
Top 100?
150?

Just to get us started.

Bill Russell
Wilt
Kream Jabbar
Jordan
Timmy Duncan
David Robinson
GNob
Nate Archibald
Chuck Barkley
Rick Barry
Dave Bing
Larry Bird
Dave Cowens
McHale
Dennis Johnson
Johny Havlicek
Cornbread Maxwell
Billy Cunningham
Dave DeBusschere
Clyde Drexler
Julius Erving
Patrick Ewing
Walt Frazier
George Gervin
Hal Greer
Elvin Hayes
Magic Johnson
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor
Sam Jones
Mo Malone
Pete Maravich
George Mikan
Earl Monroe
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Shaquille O'Neal
Robert Parish
Scottie Pippen
Willis Reed
Oscar Robertson
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Nate Thurmond
Wes Unseld
Billy Walton
Lenny Wilkensyou forgot Beno :nope

ElNono
01-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Who can forget Kobe's greatest moment?

q3-lpFToU9k

z0sa
01-20-2011, 03:37 PM
That's because I never post at night. When life calls I answer...

But that's an interesting new angle you're taking; first it was that I don't post here after a Laker loss and well, here I am! So naturally you shift your stance pointing out that I wasn't here last night.

Yes, its true, I was not here and it was very deliberate you sly little sleuth.

lol writing a paragraph in response because you actually were avoiding the forum

history2b
01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
lol thinking anyone but haters remember DRob from that.

He's remembered by 95% of the NBA's true fanbase as a champ retiiring with the trophy in his hand.

BTW, you do realize 6-#24 will only be remembered for something to do with Shaq, rape, or collusion, right?

That's because you are your delusional constituents wouldn't ever consider something like that.

FACT:

Google "Hakeem David Robinson"

the first result that comes up is the youtube link provided.

Embarassing.... you're the MVP of the league, the number one seeded team, you have home court, you're the favorite to win the 'ship and a 6 seed comes in and and hands your ass to you... Amazing.

But Hakeem Olajuwon was truly an amazing fucking player.

history2b
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
lol writing a paragraph in response because you actually were avoiding the forum

I was avoiding the forum, lol. Why the fuck would I want to spend all my time here day and night?

Would this be any different from any other game?

z0sa
01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
...:lmao

Someone just discovered putitng "Hakeem" and "David Robinson" together into google will magically correlate the two.

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 03:55 PM

Someone just discovered putitng "Hakeem" and "David Robinson" together into google will magically correlate the two.

Hes quite the history buff.

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:15 PM

1st result in a google search = most searched aka most memorable entity, which is what someone tried to say wasn't memorable for Mrs. Robinson.

That pussy will always be remembered on the court for that embarrassment to the sport of basketball.

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:16 PM
"lol thinking anyone but haters remember DRob from that."

NUMBER 1 SEARCH RESULT IN GOOGLE says otherwise.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
1st result in a google search = most searched aka most memorable entity, which is what someone tried to say wasn't memorable for Mrs. Robinson.

That pussy will always be remembered on the court for that embarrassment to the sport of basketball.

Are you seriously this stupid? Rhetorical.

Hint: Put "David Robinson" alone onto the google line. Go ahead and click the "Image" tab on top so you can see those title pictures I mentioned.

I dare you to find the first mention of Hakeem in a title putting DRob's name in alone.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM

NUMBER 1 SEARCH RESULT IN GOOGLE says otherwise.

Hint: Put "David Robinson" alone onto the google line. Go ahead and click the "Image" tab on top so you can see those title pictures I mentioned.

I dare you to find the first mention of Hakeem in a title putting the DRob name in alone.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:19 PM
lol too stupid to even use Google right

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:25 PM

I dare you to find the first mention of Hakeem in a title putting DRob's name in alone.

Google actually auto fills the search...

Just type in "hakeem d"

Try it!

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:26 PM

LOL! Google must be filled with "haters."

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM

:rolleyes Trying alittle hard too troll, tbh. You might need to pm Koolaid, and rest of the circlejerk posse and come up with something new.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:28 PM
:lol Who puts in "Hakeem" when they are searching about "David Robinson"?

You should start a thread about this 'google' phenomenon you recently discovered.

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:29 PM
:lol Who puts in "Hakeem" when they are searching about "David Robinson"?

You should start a thread about this 'google' phenomenon you recently discovered.

Apparently a lot of people since Google auto fills that result in for you.

Do you understand how Google works?

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Apparently a lot of people since Google auto fills that result in for you.

Google does not auto fill Hakeem, nor even show any mention of Hakeem, when you put in 'David Robinson.'

Epic fail.

Do you understand how Google works?

I do.

You don't.

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:31 PM
Not to mention that it's not just the fact that they are associated in people's minds (hence the popular search) but that the very video I posted comes up as the very first thing Google deems relevant to their association (again based on popularity).

Revealing.

z0sa
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Revealing that google knows how to search specific terms, as it is a search engine.

:lol my oh my you are slow.

history2b
01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Google does not auto fill Hakeem, nor even show any mention of Hakeem, when you put in 'David Robinson.'

Epic fail.

I do.

You don't.

Obviously you don't if you have to ask :lol Who puts in "Hakeem" when they are searching about "David Robinson"?

ya moron

dunkman
01-20-2011, 05:53 PM
Can't start threads. . .

history2b
01-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Can't start threads. . .

Can't say anything orginal. . .

mazerrackham
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
great, you've managed to find the most known association between Hakeem and Robinson, congrats. That does not prove that it is the most memorable aspect of David Robinson. That's like saying google searching Kobe crying proves that the majority of google users think Kobe is a crybaby.

history2b
01-20-2011, 07:28 PM
great, you've managed to find the most known association between Hakeem and Robinson, congrats. That does not prove that it is the most memorable aspect of David Robinson. That's like saying google searching Kobe crying proves that the majority of google users think Kobe is a crybaby.

Well we have to take it out of the hands of the fanboys. Here on Spurstalk where all you zealots make demigods out of Spurs players.

As a pure basketball fan I offer an unbiased opinion.

Chris Webber still most known for his timeout in Michigan? To a lot of people sure. Because he never won anything in the NBA.

Had Artest never won a 'ship last year the Palace Melee would likely be the only people would remember him for too. Some still will.

And I remember David "the pussy" Robinson shitting his pants despite being named the league's MVP and on the "best" team when matched against the REAL MVP Hakeem Olajuwon.

DMC
01-20-2011, 07:30 PM
I was avoiding the forum, lol. Why the fuck would I want to spend all my time here day and night?

Would this be any different from any other game?

Guilty... just own it dog.

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM
Well we have to take it out of the hands of the fanboys. Here on Spurstalk where all you zealots make demigods out of Spurs players.

Chris Webber still most known for his timeout in Michigan? To a lot of people sure. Because he never won anything in the NBA.

Had Artest never won a 'ship last year the Palace Melee would likely be the only people would remember him for too. Some still will.

And I remember David "the pussy" Robinson shitting his pants despite being named the league's MVP and on the "best" team when matched against the REAL MVP Hakeem Olajuwon.

Opinions are like..., ah, nevermind I'm gonna google opinions.

DMC
01-20-2011, 07:31 PM

LMMFAO at "unbiased opinion" from a professed Flaker.

DMC
01-20-2011, 07:32 PM

I guarantee you that more people know about Kobe's rape case than about Robinson vs Hakeem.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 07:41 PM
I googled "Kobe Rape Case" and this is the first link that came up:

Kobe Bryant sexual assault case
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Kobe Bryant sexual assault case began in the summer of 2003 when the news media reported that the sheriff's office in Eagle, Colorado had arrested NBA superstar Kobe Bryant in connection with an investigation of a sexual assault complaint filed by 19-year-old hotel employee Katelyn Faber. Bryant had checked into The Lodge and Spa at Cordillera hotel in Cordillera, Colorado on June 30 in advance of having surgery near there on July 2 under Dr. Richard Steadman. Faber accused Bryant of raping her in his hotel room on July 1, the night before the surgery. Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Faber refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by Faber. This was settled out of court, and included Bryant publicly apologizing to Faber, though admitting no guilt on his part.
Contents
[hide]

1 Arrest
2 Hearings
3 Settlement
4 Aftermath
5 References
6 External links

Arrest

Eagle County Sheriff investigators first confronted Bryant with the sexual assault accusation on July 2. During the July 2003 interview with investigators, Bryant stated that the sex was consensual.

Law enforcement officials collected evidence from Bryant and he agreed to submit to a rape test kit and a voluntary lie detector test.[1] On July 4, Sheriff Joe Hoy issued an arrest warrant for Bryant. Bryant flew from Los Angeles back to Eagle Colorado to surrender to police. He was immediately released on $25,000 bond, and news of the arrest became public two days after that. On July 18, the Eagle County District Attorney's office filed a formal charge against Bryant for sexual assault. If convicted, Bryant faced probation to life in prison.

After he was formally charged on July 18, Bryant held a news conference in which he adamantly denied having raped Faber. With his wife on his side, he confessed, in tears, to having an adulterous sexual encounter with her, but insisted that everything that happened between the two had been consensual. Faber told a friend that "She couldn't believe that his wife was sitting there and apparently didn't care about adultery."[2]

Hearings

As the hearings began, the prosecution accused Bryant's defense team of attacking Kate Faber's credibility.[3] It was revealed that she wore underpants containing another man's semen and pubic hair to her rape exam the day after the alleged incident.[4] Detective Doug Winters stated that the yellow underwear she wore to her rape exam contained sperm from another man, along with Caucasian pubic hair. Bryant's defense stated that the exam results showed "compelling evidence of innocence" because the accuser must have had another sexual encounter immediately after the incident. Faber told investigators that she grabbed dirty underwear by mistake from her laundry basket when she left her home for the examination. On the day Faber was examined, she said she hadn’t showered since the morning of the incident. The examination found evidence of vaginal trauma, which Bryant’s defense team claimed was consistent with having sex with multiple partners in two days.

The evidence recovered by police included the T-shirt that Bryant wore the night of the incident, which had three small stains of the accuser's blood on it. The stains were invisible to the naked eye on the white T-shirt. The smudge was verified to be Faber's blood by DNA testing, and probably wasn't menstrual blood because Faber said she had her period two weeks earlier. It was revealed that Bryant leaned Faber over a chair to have sex with her, which allegedly caused the bleeding. This became the sex act in question, as Faber claims she told Bryant to stop but he would not, and Bryant claims he stopped after asking if he could ejaculate on her face.[5][6]

Trina McKay, the resort's night auditor, said she saw Faber as she was leaving to go home, and "she did not look or sound as if there had been any problem."[7] However, Bobby Pietrack, Faber's high school friend and a bellman at the resort, said she appeared to be very upset, and "told me that Kobe Bryant had forced sex with her."

A few weeks before the trial was scheduled to begin, Faber wrote a letter to Gerry Sandberg apologizing for intentional misstatements and clarifying “mix-ups” she made when first interviewed by Colorado police.[8] She wrote that she wanted to make the corrections because she was worried Detective Doug Winters, the lead investigator in the case, did not believe her story. Faber wrote she lied when she told investigators that Bryant forced her to wash her face in his room before she was allowed to leave, stating she never washed her face in his room and instead wrote that she used a mirror near the hotel elevator to clean up her face. She said this was the only thing she “exaggerated.” She also admitted to lying about having car troubles the day of the incident. In the last paragraph, she wrote that Bryant asked if he could ejaculate on her face and that it was “a degrading comment” and “difficult to talk about.” And concluded the letter with this statement:
“ The other thing is that when I was finally able to pry his hands off my neck, when I turned around his hands were in the air, like someone would when a cop asks them to put their hands in the air.

I know that none of these things change what happened, but I wanted you to know. Please call me if you have any questions.

Sincerly,
Kate Faber[9]

Bryant's defense lawyer Pamela Mackey asserted that Faber was taking an anti-psychotic drug for the treatment of schizophrenia at the time of the incident. Faber was hospitalized as a "danger to herself" four months before the alleged sexual assault.[10] Lindsey McKinney, who lived with the accuser, said the woman twice tried to kill herself at school by overdosing on sleeping pills. Before the alleged incident, Faber, an aspiring singer, tried out for the television show American Idol with the song "Forgive" by Rebecca Lynn Howard, but failed to advance.[11] In addition to Faber's moral character and reputation being challenged by Bryant's defense lawyer, she received death threats and hate mail.[12]

On September 1, 2004 Eagle County District Judge Terry Ruckriegle dismissed the charges against Bryant, after prosecutors spent more than $200,000 preparing for trial, because Faber informed them that she was unwilling to testify.[13]

Settlement

Before the case was scheduled to go to trial, Faber filed a civil lawsuit against Bryant over the incident on August 10. The two sides ultimately settled that lawsuit, with specific terms of the settlement being undisclosed to the public. Bryant did, however, issue the following statement through his attorney, as part of an agreement with the accuser to dismiss the sexual assault charge:
“ First, I want to apologize directly to the young woman involved in this incident. I want to apologize to her for my behavior that night and for the consequences she has suffered in the past year. Although this year has been incredibly difficult for me personally, I can only imagine the pain she has had to endure. I also want to apologize to her parents and family members, and to my family and friends and supporters, and to the citizens of Eagle, Colo.

I also want to make it clear that I do not question the motives of this young woman. No money has been paid to this woman. She has agreed that this statement will not be used against me in the civil case. Although I truly believe this encounter between us was consensual, I recognize now that she did not and does not view this incident the same way I did. After months of reviewing discovery, listening to her attorney, and even her testimony in person, I now understand how she feels that she did not consent to this encounter.

I issue this statement today fully aware that while one part of this case ends today, another remains. I understand that the civil case against me will go forward. That part of this case will be decided by and between the parties directly involved in the incident and will no longer be a financial or emotional drain on the citizens of the state of Colorado.[14]

Aftermath

Eight months after the initial incident the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera remodeled and as part of that sold some furniture. There was speculation that some pieces included in this sale were from "Room 35" where Kobe Bryant had allegedly stayed at the time.[15] The lodge denied this and stated they had disposed of the furniture from that room separately.[16]

Bryant signed a seven-year, $136 million contract a year after the allegations, and regained several of his endorsements from Nike, Spalding, and Coca-Cola.[17] He remains married to his wife Vanessa Bryant, and was named the NBA's Most Valuable Player in 2008 and the Finals' Most Valuable Player in 2009 and 2010.[18]

history2b
01-20-2011, 07:58 PM
You guys are like lemmings.

Kobe Bryant's highly publicized scandal does qualify as a major sports scandal in pop culture. Those outside the basketball world may very well only know Kobe on these terms.

Personally, I am only concerned with basketball related content. Do you hear me talking about Tony Parker's plowing of Brent Barry's wife, Jefferson's midnight rendezvous with the boys on boats or about Tim Duncan's alleged gay lover? No. That's TMZ crap.

I focused solely on basketball. Robinson dominated by Hakeem, Ron going nuts in Detroit, and Chris calling timeout as a teen.

So when we're talking about how basketball players will be remembered for their actions on the court, that's what I talk about.

And David "the Pussy" Robinson will always be remember for bending over the chair for Hakeem in the 1995 Western Conference Finals.

Chucho
01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Kobe is a great player but also easily the most over rated player of his era. He's like the Little Wayne of the NBA, he got two titles without Shaq,all the while deferring to an All Star big like Gasol and had the greatest coach ever then he's compared to Jordan unjustly. Lil Wayne, who has kissed a man, who's best album has moved slightly under two million units, calls himself the Greatest Rapper Alive while guys like Ludacris, Jay Z, Eminem and Nas have sold more of one single album than all of Wayne's albums combined. Think about it.

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Will easily top 50.
Top 100?
150?

Just to get us started.

Bill Russell
Wilt
Kream Jabbar
Jordan
Timmy Duncan
David Robinson
GNob
Nate Archibald
Chuck Barkley
Rick Barry
Dave Bing
Larry Bird
Dave Cowens
McHale
Dennis Johnson
Johny Havlicek
Cornbread Maxwell
Billy Cunningham
Dave DeBusschere
Clyde Drexler
Julius Erving
Patrick Ewing
Walt Frazier
George Gervin
Hal Greer
Elvin Hayes
Magic Johnson
Jerry West
Elgin Baylor
Sam Jones
Mo Malone
Pete Maravich
George Mikan
Earl Monroe
Hakeem Olajuwon
Clyde Drexler
Shaquille O'Neal
Robert Parish
Scottie Pippen
Willis Reed
Oscar Robertson
John Stockton
Isiah Thomas
Nate Thurmond
Wes Unseld
Billy Walton
Lenny Wilkens

I will take Bimbo Coles over Kobe any day...:lmao

jjktkk
01-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Kobe Bryant's highly publicized scandal does qualify as a major sports scandal in pop culture. Those outside the basketball world may very well only know Kobe on these terms.

Personally, I am only concerned with basketball related content. Do you hear me talking about Tony Parker's plowing of Brent Barry's wife, Jefferson's midnight rendezvous with the boys on boats or about Tim Duncan's alleged gay lover? No. That's TMZ crap.

I focused solely on basketball. Robinson dominated by Hakeem, Ron going nuts in Detroit, and Chris calling timeout as a teen.

So when we're talking about how basketball players will be remembered for their actions on the court, that's what I talk about.

And David "the Pussy" Robinson will always be remember for bending over the chair for Hakeem in the 1995 Western Conference Finals.

If you googled "history2b", which word pops up, dumbass, or basketball novice? Both?

ElNono
01-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Personally, I am only concerned with basketball related content.

Looks like you haven't figured it out yet... Nobody in here gives a shit what you're concerned with.

Impressing some midgets at some ESPN forum ain't gonna cut it here, junior.

Kobe rapedPERIOD.

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2011, 09:07 PM
Looks like you haven't figured it out yet... Nobody in here gives a shit what you're concerned with.

Impressing some midgets at some ESPN forum ain't gonna cut it here, junior.

Kobe rapedPERIOD.

I know after the white girl....he put in some work and raped the Spurs in 08...just ask Spike Lee...:lol

ElNono
01-20-2011, 09:10 PM
I know after the white girl....he put in some work and raped the Spurs in 08...just ask Spike Lee...:lol

He was just getting even, after being gangbanged in '03 until he cried, tbh :lol

Koolaid_Man
01-20-2011, 09:22 PM
He was just getting even, after being gangbanged in '03 until he cried, tbh :lol

He recovered from that...squared it @ 4 - 4 and went then ahead 5 - 4...Spur asshole is now
Anal Prolapsed...

DMC
01-20-2011, 09:35 PM

[/URL]You're only concerned with things outside of culpability for your team, you mean. What did Kobe do to Robinson? Anything? No, of course not.

los·er

  [URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/L03/L0379600"]http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/speaker.gif (http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-professional-sports-scandals.php) /ˈluhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngzər/ http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) Show Spelled[loo-zer] http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html) Show IPA
–noun1.a person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.

2.Informal. a.a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or, esp., a felony: a two-time loser.

b.a person who has failed at a particular activity: a loser at marriage.

c.someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance, etc.: Don't bother to see that film, it's a real loser.

3.Slang. a misfit, esp. someone who has never or seldom been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 09:37 PM
He recovered from that...squared it @ 4 - 4 and went then ahead 5 - 4...Spur asshole is now
Anal Prolapsed...

You mean he went 4-1, then moved to 4-2... :lol

And again, I really don't want any details about the anal orgies you have with your gay posse... :lol

DMC
01-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Anal Prolapsed...
Back to what you do best, fantasize about other guys' assholes.

DMC
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
You mean he went 4-1, then moved to 4-2... :lol

And again, I really don't want any details about the anal orgies you have with your gay posse... :lol
posse? You aren't pronouncing it right.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 09:43 PM
posse? You aren't pronouncing it right.

???

http://www.answers.com/topic/posse

Look under slang

Kori Ellis
01-20-2011, 10:07 PM
How will Manu have a better NBA career than Kobe? (I assume that's who "GNob" is on this list.)

frodo
01-20-2011, 10:11 PM
???

http://www.answers.com/topic/posse

Look under slang

dummy is an immigrant who does as much as he can to act native.

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
How will Manu have a better NBA career than Kobe? (I assume that's who "GNob" is on this list.)
legit earned titles, not rigged.

No honesthearted intelligent NBA viewer validates the 2002 vs Kings fixaroo.
Ditto the Gasol collusion.
How would Dunks, GNob and the Spurs be doing with Gasol for Oberto midseason 2007-8?

Kori Ellis
01-20-2011, 10:36 PM
legit earned titles, not rigged.

I thought you were talking about personal NBA careers, not titles (legit or not).

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 10:49 PM
I thought you were talking about personal NBA careers, not titles (legit or not).
Oh i am. There's been some kick ass NBA players who never titled and they are on the list. And no I'm not just basing it on GNobs 3 legit titles vs Kobmes 2, both as #2 to Duncan/Shaq.

Most of the Kobe Parrots always squawk about his 5 **Titles**.
Not saying you were going to, guess I'm just so used to it from his supporters/cult members.

Sad that one play can have such an impact but GNobs brainfart vs Dirk had so many implications that would have vaulted GNob higher.

ElNono
01-20-2011, 10:55 PM
tbh, Lebron is very likely... by some measures he practically already has...

Medvedenko
01-21-2011, 01:39 AM
Fabbs, you're better than this. Once again regardless of when, this forum is pure shit. See you dudes in the playoffs....It's an atrocity of the highest order when spur fans resort to this BS when their team is actually doing well, and considering the hate on Kobe it's ludicrous. No one takes this thread seriously, it's a sad attempt at another troll job. Raise the bar please.

Fabbs
01-21-2011, 02:03 AM
I strongly felt the need to post yet another photo of Kobme yet again in gay apparel.

Medvedenko
01-21-2011, 02:15 AM
Fabbs, seriously give it up dude. It's not funny, ironic or clever in any way.

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2011, 02:22 AM
:lol

In all honesty, Medvedenko's last post was the most pathetic and butthurt response I've seen in a long time..I used to enjoy making fun of him as a joke, but now I genuinely believe that he's a fucking pussy..

I've never seem somebody complain so much about a forum, yet still comes back and reads/posts frequently..somebody just kill him already..

BUMP
01-21-2011, 02:28 AM

Medvedenko has a point, tbh.

It's funny how good posters like hitmany2k, j.dizzle, etc. who actually try and talk basketball get overlooked constantly, yet morons, like Fabbs who post pics of Ralph Wiggums constantly and insert Multi before everyone's name, actually get a 3 page thread and a name for themselves.

Fabbs
01-21-2011, 02:31 AM
Medvedenko, go away to another thread if you don't like it.
Your attempted censorship and pro Laker pro Kobme stance (worship?) being forced upon me or anyone else here will not fly on SpursTalk. Plenty of threads with the other wanker Lacker posters you can participate in.

Seriously, there are many quality, intelligent posters and people at large in the world who do not think Kobme is in the top 50 lifetime. They see thru the bullshit, including the media-marketing driven drivel. He's certainly good, at one time before the collusion of Gasol i hoped his fallout with the Lakers would have resulted in a backcourt of he and Ginobili, with Kobme gaining some maturity and learning from Gino and Duncan how to play team ball thus harnessing his physical skills.

Medvedenko
01-21-2011, 02:35 AM

In all honesty, Medvedenko's last post was the most pathetic and butthurt response I've seen in a long time..I used to enjoy making fun of him as a joke, but now I genuinely believe that he's a fucking pussy..

I've never seem somebody complain so much about a forum, yet still comes back and reads/posts frequently..somebody just kill him already..

Please I'm the butthurt fan....really...really.

You making fun of me, wow I was so hurt. Fuck, you're the joke bro. You placing your allegiance in Lebron is the most laughable thing I've seen on this board next to your "troll" attempts. Give it up as well. It's so transparent and desperate it smells of craving for acceptance. Trust me, you're going to be ok bro, you're going to be ok. It's not your fault.

BUMP
01-21-2011, 02:37 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/1/14/Ralph_Wiggum.png/212px-Ralph_Wiggum.pngI like to make multiple profiles and bitch about other teams

Medvedenko
01-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Medvedenko, go away to another thread if you don't like it.
Your attempted censorship and pro Laker pro Kobme stance (worship?) being forced upon me or anyone else here will not fly on SpursTalk. Plenty of threads with the other wanker Lacker posters you can participate in.

Seriously, there are many quality, intelligent posters and people at large in the world who do not think Kobme is in the top 50 lifetime. They see thru the bullshit, including the media-marketing driven drivel. He's certainly good, at one time before the collusion of Gasol i hoped his fallout with the Lakers would have resulted in a backcourt of he and Ginobili, with Kobme gaining some maturity and learning from Gino and Duncan how to play team ball thus harnessing his physical skills.

You lost me at Kobme......Once again, your rhetoric is sad. I feel for you and you inciting responses from me will only feed you more. It's ok, it's food for thought and just proves the desperation with every post you make.

jjktkk
01-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Fabbs, Koolaid, Luva, etc..., whats the difference? Why just point out Fabbs?

Theres more trolling on the NBA Forum than actual basketball discussions. So why all the butthurt about Fabbs?

TinTin
01-21-2011, 05:46 AM
Please I'm the butthurt fan....really...really.

You making fun of me, wow I was so hurt. Fuck, you're the joke bro. You placing your allegiance in Lebron is the most laughable thing I've seen on this board next to your "troll" attempts. Give it up as well. It's so transparent and desperate it smells of craving for acceptance. Trust me, you're going to be ok bro, you're going to be ok. It's not your fault.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

BUMP
01-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Fabbs, Koolaid, Luva, etc..., whats the difference? Why just point out Fabbs?

Theres more trolling on the NBA Forum than actual basketball discussions. So why all the butthurt about Fabbs?

No butthurt about Fabbs just an example of how this site is backwards from most others.

If I post a well thought out basketball take, nobody pays attention, but when I post something extremely retarded then I get a shit ton of replies with some people saying that I'm bringing the goods

DMC
01-21-2011, 10:27 AM
A personal career in the NBA can only be measured by the individual. There's no way anyone else can know how good a career Kobe had. We have to have a measuring stick, some standards. If we use titles, then a lot of other players are out. If we use money, a lot of other players are left out. What do we use? Fame? Popularity? Effectiveness on the court? Length of time in the NBA?

I would say the top tier players who don't have severe family and personality issues have about the same career outlooks; retire very wealthy and famous, do anything you like for the rest of your life, leave a bundle for posterity.

history2b
01-21-2011, 02:01 PM
You're only concerned with things outside of culpability for your team, you mean. What did Kobe do to Robinson? Anything? No, of course not.

los·er

  http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/speaker.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/audio.html/lunaWAV/L03/L0379600) /ˈluhttp://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngzər/ http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/IPA_pron_key.html) Show Spelled[loo-zer] http://sp.dictionary.com/dictstatic/g/d/dictionary_questionbutton_default.gif (http://dictionary.reference.com/help/luna/Spell_pron_key.html) Show IPA
–noun1.a person, team, nation, etc., that loses: The visiting team was the loser in the series.

2.Informal. a.a person who has been convicted of a misdemeanor or, esp., a felony: a two-time loser.

b.a person who has failed at a particular activity: a loser at marriage.

c.someone or something that is marked by consistently or thoroughly bad quality, performance, etc.: Don't bother to see that film, it's a real loser.

3.Slang. a misfit, esp. someone who has never or seldom been successful at a job, personal relationship, etc.

What did Kobe do to Robinson? What are you a 6 year old?

Do you not remember the 2001 Western Conference Finals? Kobe went Hakeem on his ass.

21_Blessings
01-21-2011, 02:19 PM
If I post a well thought out basketball take, nobody pays attention, but when I post something extremely retarded then I get a shit ton of replies with some people saying that I'm bringing the goods

I pay attention to you rare basketball takes and generally agree with you.

Rampant unmoderated trolling is what makes this forum special. By default, all internet forums are mostly shit though.

ElNono
01-21-2011, 02:24 PM
lol @ getting all butthurt and threatening to leave over what's clearly a troll thread... :lol

ElNono
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
And 2x lol @ asking Fabbs to raise the bar :rollin

ambchang
01-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Seriously though, even the biggest hater cannot find more than 15 people > Kobe, career wise. He has his weaknesses, and is most definitely overrated by a vast majority of fans/media because he plays for LA, but his ability to consistently play at an MVP/near-MVP level for almost a decade, while improving year after year is something only a handful of players can approach.

He is pretty much Karl Malone with rings of SG. Plays at a high level for a long long time, continues to improve certain aspects of his game, and have issues with women.

history2b
01-21-2011, 04:43 PM
Seriously though, even the biggest hater cannot find more than 15 people > Kobe, career wise. He has his weaknesses, and is most definitely overrated by a vast majority of fans/media because he plays for LA, but his ability to consistently play at an MVP/near-MVP level for almost a decade, while improving year after year is something only a handful of players can approach.

He is pretty much Karl Malone with rings of SG. Plays at a high level for a long long time, continues to improve certain aspects of his game, and have issues with women.

Overrated, lol. The dude who has been the best player in the league for about 5 years now but only awarded one media voted MVP is "overrated." You guys are a fuckin' riot on this board.

The Karl Malone comparison was putrid as well. If we want to reduce the game down to a matter of longevity, sure, he's comparable. Every other aspect of the game? Nothing.

Killakobe81
01-21-2011, 05:22 PM

I dont thin he is overrated by most, it's just Kobe fanbois are obnoxious. he is in the discussion for best player since MJ along with:

duncan, shaq and Lebron ...

some argue Duncan due to his advanced stats and not missing playoffs

Others shaq because of his dominant finals and playoff numbers (except last one)

Some love Lebron and give him tha title ringless ...

a case can be made for all. I think it's kobe for now ...but he won't surpass MJ ...and neither did Duncan or shaq ...Lebron has a chance ...STILL.

DMC
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
What did Kobe do to Robinson? What are you a 6 year old?

Do you not remember the 2001 Western Conference Finals? Kobe went Hakeem on his ass.

Dunking on someone is obviously the end all in career ownership.

DMC
01-21-2011, 06:24 PM
And 2x lol @ asking Fabbs to raise the bar :rollin
And 3x LOL for not getting the phonetic joke about "posse" when i said you pronounced it wrong... you showed me a definition.

DMC
01-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Rampant unmoderated trolling is what makes this forum special. By default, all internet forums are mostly shit though.
I think what you mean is "The ability to troll rampantly while being unmoderated is what makes this forum special to me", because for many people, rampant trolling can be found on any given forum. It's like people in LA during the riots complimenting the police for allowing "hassle free shopping". You can bet it's not the shop owners commenting.

ChrisRichards
01-21-2011, 06:42 PM

Eh, I can.

(Not in order)

Jordan
Magic
Abdul Jabbar
Bird
Olajuwon
Duncan
Russell
Chamberlain
Shaq
Dr. J
Garnett
Moses Malone
Pippen
Big O
David Robinson

Kobe has been extremely lucky to play with Shaq & Gasol. Without those, He'll be no different than the Dominique Wilkins, Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, Iverson etc. Pippen took BJ Armstrong, Pete Myers & Horace Grant a game away from returning to the FInals without Jordan. Garnett only needed Latrell Sprewell and Sam Cassell to teach the WCF. Kobe had Lamar Odom & he couldn't even squeeze the 2nd round. See the trend?

In 10 years from now, I see other players leapfrogging ahead of Kobe among the all time greats. Lebron, Wade, Rose, Griffin, Dwight & even Kevin Love if he wins a ring or two.

cobbler
01-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Says the moron who with no honor...

namlook
01-21-2011, 07:33 PM
Eh, I can.

(Not in order)

Jordan
Magic
Abdul Jabbar
Bird
Olajuwon
Duncan
Russell
Chamberlain
Shaq
Dr. J
Garnett
Moses Malone
Pippen
Big O
David Robinson

LOL. This is like taking candy from a baby.

How many players on that list have been a league MVP, have 5 or more rings and have never had more than one other Hall of Fame player (or likely HOF player) on their team for their championships?

One guy. Guess which one?

And if Rodman ever gets in the Hall then there are none on your list.

Eat that.

BUMP
01-21-2011, 07:56 PM
Overrated, lol. The dude who has been the best player in the league for about 5 years now but only awarded one media voted MVP is "overrated." You guys are a fuckin' riot on this board.

The Karl Malone comparison was putrid as well. If we want to reduce the game down to a matter of longevity, sure, he's comparable. Every other aspect of the game? Nothing.

He's comparing Kobe to Malone in terms of longevity which is actually a big compliment. Karl Malone might have been the greatest ever in terms of playing at a high level for a long time.

How do you think he got to #2 on the all time scoring list?

HarlemHeat37
01-21-2011, 10:52 PM
I would have Jordan, Kareem, Magic and Wilt ahead of him, without having to think about it..after that, you can debate any of them, although I wouldn't put him ahead of Olajuwon, Shaq, Bird, Duncan or Russell..I would understand if anybody wants to put him ahead of them, but I would have to hear a legit argument..

Koolaid_Man
01-21-2011, 11:17 PM

thanks for regulating that homo Kori....:lol

Fabbs
01-22-2011, 10:27 AM
Realistically? once all is said and done these are the players IMO that will have better careers/legacy than Kobe

Lebron
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Blake Griffin
Derrick Rose
Kevin Love
Kevin Durant
Dwight Howard

So in 10 years from now, Kobe's rank among the all time greats should go from Top 30 to 15.
LeBrons already there but, yeah.

Fabbs
01-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Kori Ellis

thanks for regulating that homo Kori....:lol
Because nothing says "regulate" like asking if it was about NBA careers (which i made obvious) or titles.

Nice brownoze attempt of Kori.
Nice self ownage.
You it Kool.
Meanwhile here is a homo you can regulate. It's your thing! :lol

namlook
How many players on that list have been a league MVP, have 5 or more rings

BUMP
01-22-2011, 11:56 AM

:tu

_Ble, with no regard for human life, etc

Except for your retarded takes on bynum we seem to agree on pretty much everything, imho

ElNono
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
And 3x LOL for not getting the phonetic joke about "posse" when i said you pronounced it wrong... you showed me a definition.

It went right over my head, tbh :lol

Fabbs
01-29-2011, 01:38 AM

Demarcus Cousins
Cousins off to a good start with a superior performance in tonights Kings win over the Fakeshow.