PDA

View Full Version : Ian McKellan confirms he will return as Gandalf for the two Hobbit films

MiamiHeat
01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
that Peter Jackson is directing !

It would have been horrible if Gandalf had to be played by someone else.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/heat-vision/ian-mckellan-set-return-gandalf-69960

jeebus
01-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Like.....say, Sean Connery?

http://theblemish.com/2006/11/sean-connery-missed-out-on-433-million/

MiamiHeat
01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
Sean Connery would not be a good Gandalf.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 03:40 PM
FUCK YEAH!

can you sense the sarcasm?

CubanSucks
01-20-2011, 04:53 PM
Actually, Sean Connery would prolly be an awesome Gandalf. With that being said, this is awesome news. With that being said, I don't know shit about the books so I'll have to wait for awhile to see a trailer to get pumped

lefty
01-20-2011, 04:57 PM
Is Ian Holm going to return as Bilbo ?

z0sa
01-20-2011, 05:01 PM
Actually, Sean Connery would prolly be an awesome Gandalf. With that being said, this is awesome news. With that being said, I don't know shit about the books so I'll have to wait for awhile to see a trailer to get pumped

the plot should make for an awesome movie, but 2? not sure there's enough there tbh

additionally, the Hobbit was written as a narrative, a children's book really. So I'm curious as to the nature of the films - whether they'll follow in LOTR's steps and be fairly dark, or more of the lighter, natural style the book is actually composed within.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 05:15 PM
boring shit only nerds who play WoW can get all excited over... i don't get the fascination.

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2011, 05:17 PM
at least with only one hobbit the blatant homosexuality should be kept to a minimum

mardigan
01-20-2011, 05:21 PM
Is Ian Holm going to return as Bilbo ?

No. Martin Freeman from Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy is playing Bilbo. But Elijah Woods going to be in it for some reason, so rejoice.

mardigan
01-20-2011, 05:23 PM
boring shit only nerds who play WoW can get all excited over... i don't get the fascination.

Well written stories you dumb cunt. Not only nerds rejoice over things well written. Although I can see why a dumb faggot high school dropout like you would not get the fascination of a well written book.

CubanSucks
01-20-2011, 05:41 PM

what's wrong with WoW?

Only douchebags who wear affliction shirts and sunglasses inside think anything associated with LotR is boring. Don't worry, no one will think you're less cool if you admit you love LotR

BlackSwordsMan
01-20-2011, 05:50 PM
wow he turned half a billion because he didn't understand bilbo baggins had a ring that turned him invisible and made him go crazy and fought two trolls that turned into stone

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 05:56 PM
Well written stories you dumb cunt. Not only nerds rejoice over things well written. Although I can see why a dumb faggot high school dropout like you would not get the fascination of a well written book.

hahahaha! just cause it's "well written" doesn't mean it's not still nerd literature. trolls, trees walking around, burly elves, and whatnot... haha!

what's wrong with WoW?

Only douchebags who wear affliction shirts and sunglasses inside think anything associated with LotR is boring. Don't worry, no one will think you're less cool if you admit you love LotR

admit what exactly, that i saw 1 hr 1/2 of the first lotr and felt completely bored out of my mind? ok, shit was boring.

DesignatedT
01-20-2011, 06:08 PM
sean connery's an idiot.

BlairForceDejuan
01-20-2011, 07:45 PM

Son, you have the calves of a 12 year old girl. The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Gandalf are the shit. Only a man of the devil would hate on my boy Bilbo Baggins.

I'm glad del Toro pussed out and Jackson returned as the king tbh

The Reckoning
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
koriwhat is pissed because they turned down his audition to be an elf. they thought the hair and fair skin were perfect but couldnt picture an elf with calf tats.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Son, you have the calves of a 12 year old girl. The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, and Gandalf are the shit. Only a man of the devil would hate on my boy Bilbo Baggins.

I'm glad del Toro pussed out and Jackson returned as the king tbh

the king of shit puppets... meet the feebles hahaha!

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 07:51 PM
koriwhat is pissed because they turned down his audition to be an elf. they thought the hair and fair skin were perfect but couldnt picture elves with calf tats.

i'm not mad, i just don't find the fascination with shit like this.