PDA

View Full Version : What has the FO busy

Rob123
01-20-2011, 08:53 PM
I'm close to someone in the spurs organization, it's always fun to hear the gossip, sometimes it comes true, sometimes it's completely off base but that's the nature of such a tight lipped organization.

Anyway, thought I'd share what I was recently told to me by said person, doesnt affect me in the slightest if you dont believe me, so fire away with those negative comments.

What I was told in a recent discussion was that the Spurs FO is in talks with Minnesota, the deal they want to get done is Kevin Love for George Hill, Tiago Splitter, and a third player. My first reaction is that it had to be incorrect because Minnesota has no need for another guard, and Tiago is useless. However, he's never mislead me, and he assured me it's what he heard. No indication on if it has any chance of coming true or not, but it is interesting to see what the FO is thinking.

Opinions?

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 08:55 PM
Never heard that one before.

NASpurs
01-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Looks mighty familiar

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170198

tdunk21
01-20-2011, 09:03 PM
spurs did not make a trade at the deadline last season even when the team was struggling with team chemistry issues....i dont think this goes down especially now that our team chemistry is great.....

L.I.T
01-20-2011, 09:16 PM
I didn't know ESPN was that close to the Spurs. Coulda fooled me.

Juanobili
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Already asked a couple people about that rumor and it holds no water.

case closed!

ElNono
01-20-2011, 09:20 PM
Deja Vu

jaffies
01-20-2011, 09:26 PM
Chow!

Brazil
01-20-2011, 09:27 PM
cool good trade a potential franchise player for hill ! coooolllll

Kori Ellis
01-20-2011, 09:38 PM
I believe that when they were talking about this on the radio, they were just saying it as a made-up trade they thought would be cool... not saying that there was a rumor circulating.

PublicOption
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
I would send Bonner and Splitter plus a #1 for Love. I wouldn't send Hill.

honestfool84
01-20-2011, 09:42 PM
:lol yes, let's disrupt our close-to-perfect season so far, right smack in the middle of it.

honestly, i wouldn't trade Hill for DWade right now.

unless, of course, Wade is willing to come off the bench for 20 minutes a night as a role-player.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 10:00 PM
I would send Bonner and Splitter plus a #1 for Love. I wouldn't send Hill.

:tu

SenorSpur
01-20-2011, 10:01 PM
Several interesting questions that would emerge about this trade scenario. Who would play backup PG? And wasn't Hill deemed as Pop's favorite player last year?

I certainly wouldn't doubt the credibility of the OP's source, and the Spurs FO has a history of becoming infatuated with players who've had substantial success against them - and Love has certainly done that. That said, it's just hard for me to fathom the Spurs giving up on Splitter so soon - especially having waited 3 years for him.

I'd love for them to acquire Love, but I struggle to envision how this would happen. I'll believe it when I see it.

ChumpDumper
01-20-2011, 10:03 PM
I certainly wouldn't doubt the credibility of the OP's sourceWhy wouldn't you?

Didn't you post in the other thread?

Trainwreck2100
01-20-2011, 10:06 PM
hooray another gnsf thread

DMC
01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
I'm close to someone in the spurs organization, it's always fun to hear the gossip, sometimes it comes true, sometimes it's completely off base but that's the nature of such a tight lipped organization.

Anyway, thought I'd share what I was recently told to me by said person, doesnt affect me in the slightest if you dont believe me, so fire away with those negative comments.

What I was told in a recent discussion was that the Spurs FO is in talks with Minnesota, the deal they want to get done is Kevin Love for George Hill, Tiago Splitter, and a third player. My first reaction is that it had to be incorrect because Minnesota has no need for another guard, and Tiago is useless. However, he's never mislead me, and he assured me it's what he heard. No indication on if it has any chance of coming true or not, but it is interesting to see what the FO is thinking.

Opinions?

Contradicting?

Hoops Czar
01-20-2011, 10:17 PM
To be honest, a lot of times other teams make rumors up, put them in circulation and it just gets conversation going on one of the players.

What the hell would be the purpose for that?

Remember the Parker for CP3 trade? Neither the Spurs or Hornets talked about that, but one team had a chance to gain from such trade talks possibly going into motion and that's how things work sometimes.

The Spurs actually did contact N.O. IIRC about this very trade. If N.O bit, I'm sure it would have gone through. N.O. just wasn't that stupid.

BTW, isn't it about time for your "official trade deadline" thread.

DMC
01-20-2011, 10:24 PM
What the hell would be the purpose for that?

The Spurs actually did contact N.O. IIRC about this very trade. If N.O bit, I'm sure it would have gone through. N.O. just wasn't that stupid.

BTW, isn't it about time for your "official trade deadline" thread.

If you got a player like TP sandbagging it like we know he always does (Ducks... ) then it gets him thinking. However, if you have an over the top superstar like Manu (Ducks...) then it wouldn't matter.

Kori Ellis
01-20-2011, 10:26 PM

I think Phila is correct. The organizations both said they never talked about a trade involving TP for CP3.

koriwhat
01-20-2011, 10:27 PM
hooray another gnsf thread

Georgia National Science Foundation?

Hoops Czar
01-20-2011, 10:32 PM
I think Phila is correct. The organizations both said they never talked about a trade involving TP for CP3.

My bad.. I thought that was a cover up after the proposal was shot down. Tony has a way of taking things personal.

Kori Ellis
01-20-2011, 10:38 PM
My bad.. I thought that was a cover up after the proposal was shot down. Tony has a way of taking everything personal.

:lol

Fabbs
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
There are Spurs boardies who wouldn't do this trade? :downspin:

I realize it's just a rumor, just sayin.

Sean Cagney
01-20-2011, 11:36 PM
Just stop it.....

SequSpur
01-21-2011, 12:15 AM
bullshit...

crc21209
01-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Ok...end thread now. :lol

eisfeld
01-21-2011, 01:40 AM
Chow Jonathan

greyforest
01-21-2011, 02:50 AM
what REALLY has the FO busy is finding international players that no one has any clue about, and when the draft comes around it'll be some foreign guy they pick that no other teams have a clue about that will rape everyone.

UnWantedTheory
01-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Hmmm...just as good as the first time it was brought up.

Yorae
01-21-2011, 05:39 AM
Kevin love for Matt Bonner!!!! Freaking do it!!!!!

UnWantedTheory
01-21-2011, 05:45 AM
Never heard that one before.

Already asked a couple people about that rumor and it holds no water.

Looks mighty familiar

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170198

Deja Vu

I believe that when they were talking about this on the radio, they were just saying it as a made-up trade they thought would be cool... not saying that there was a rumor circulating.

Contradicting?

:lol

outmap
01-21-2011, 06:17 AM
what REALLY has the FO busy is finding international players that no one has any clue about, and when the draft comes around it'll be some foreign guy they pick that no other teams have a clue about that will rape everyone.

Neal with it! :p:

urunobili
01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
gsff