PDA

View Full Version : My iPod is royally fucked

Venti Quattro
01-21-2011, 12:11 AM
The songs are there but the interface in iTunes says "please restore blah blah" and the iPod interface shows no music and no video. It's bricked. And for some shitty reason, iDump automatically closes when I try to back-up all my iPod stuff so I'm stuck in a rut.

I have 15,000+ songs in my iPod and I don't want to restore or reformat it :cry

How do I fix it? :cry

PS if you make shitty suggestions I hope you slip while going up on a staircase

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2011, 12:18 AM
My first thought was you're pretty much screwed if you didn't backup your iPod. Always backup. Always save.

sharpshooter13
01-21-2011, 02:03 AM
My first thought was you're pretty much screwed if you didn't backup your iPod. Always backup. Always save.

http://pics.blameitonthevoices.com/122010/small_family%20tech%20suport%20guy.jpg

ShoogarBear
01-21-2011, 02:22 AM
I didn't know you could get songs on an iPod without having them on a computer first.

IronMexican
01-21-2011, 02:23 AM
I didn't know you could get songs on an iPod without having them on a computer first.

Pretty sure you can. Just download straight from itunes on your phone. So that sarcastic response is now denoted, nigga.

ShoogarBear
01-21-2011, 02:28 AM
Pretty sure you can. Just download straight from itunes on your phone. So that sarcastic response is now denoted, nigga.

a) it wasn't sarcastic
b) he said iPod, not iTouch or iPhone
c) lol Raiders

IronMexican
01-21-2011, 02:29 AM
Shoog trying to pretend every single one of his posts aren't dripped in sarcasm.

Redskins, brah. Sexy Rexy

tp2021
01-21-2011, 09:46 AM
If a program like iDump isn't working, I can think of another option but only if you have windows and only if your iPod was enabled as a disk drive.

Open My Computer and find your iPod. Make sure hidden files and folders are made visible. If you go into the Music folder of you iPod, it should open a bunch of folders that say F00 all the way to F50 or something like that.

All your music is in these folders, but I have no idea how it is organized, and the file names are 4 letters instead of the song's name. It may take a while, but you can copy all of these folders and paste them to your hard drive, and hopefully all your music ends up back on your computer.

I did this a long time ago, before iDump (or at least before I found it) and it worked. Allowed me to steal a shitload of music off an iPod I bought from some guy. Hope it helps.

leemajors
01-21-2011, 10:02 AM
If a program like iDump isn't working, I can think of another option but only if you have windows and only if your iPod was enabled as a disk drive.

Open My Computer and find your iPod. Make sure hidden files and folders are made visible. If you go into the Music folder of you iPod, it should open a bunch of folders that say F00 all the way to F50 or something like that.

All your music is in these folders, but I have no idea how it is organized, and the file names are 4 letters instead of the song's name. It may take a while, but you can copy all of these folders and paste them to your hard drive, and hopefully all your music ends up back on your computer.

I did this a long time ago, before iDump (or at least before I found it) and it worked. Allowed me to steal a shitload of music off an iPod I bought from some guy. Hope it helps.

I would imagine the OS isn't recognizing the device if it's asking for a restore. Sounds like a good program though.

ashbeeigh
01-21-2011, 10:22 AM
Have you spoken to SA Dave? Maybe y'all can go to that ipod fix store on De Zavala together.

balli
01-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Make sure hidden files and folders are made visible. If you go into the Music folder of you iPod, it should open a bunch of folders that say F00 all the way to F50 or something like that.

ugh... apple, ladies and gentlemen.

lebomb
01-21-2011, 11:05 AM
*steps away from staircase* ............ should have bought a Sony. :hat

SA DAVE
01-21-2011, 11:31 AM
Have you spoken to SA Dave? Maybe y'all can go to that ipod fix store on De Zavala together.

only if you opt for being the roast beef in the middle:rollin

Viva Las Espuelas
01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Roast_beef.jpg

monosylab1k
01-21-2011, 03:20 PM
b) he said iPod, not iTouch or iPhone

pretty sure it's called an iPod Touch, not an iTouch. meaning it's still an iPod, gramps.

METALMiKE
01-21-2011, 04:30 PM
http://turbo.indyposted.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Roast_beef.jpg

:drool:

PM5K
01-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Tbh I don't know if I can bth because I h think you're screwed tbh.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-21-2011, 05:05 PM
As per typical their hardware blows and is overpriced. Your hard drive went to shit which is typical with the brand.

Its showing on iTunes because when you 'sync' it caches the table of contents of the iPod onto your computers hard drive. Its asking to restore because when it tries to sync this time the ipods hard drive returns nothing or unintelligible strings of bits so its telling you to format.

They are a vertical monopoly and somehow they have people think they are a market balancing competitor. Too bad they design snow leopard to only work on their machines with their MBs, memory, HDs etc.

Fuck them.

Go buy one of the 20+ smart phones or similar devices.

MannyIsGod
01-21-2011, 06:50 PM
How the hell do you not have the music on your computer hard drive? If my Ipod died this moment I'd have everything in Itunes still. If my Itunes died I could easily move all my music from my iPod to a computer and restore it.

I just don't understand how you can't use the other to keep your music.

If the Ipod died then obviously you may have to replace it but its worth calling apple customer support in order to see if they'll replace it. Jekka had an out of warranty ipod that died and they replaced it within a week completely free of charge with a newer iPod classic.

I got my iPods for free otherwise I likely would have a different device. That being said I've not had any problems with my iPods other than stupidly losing my first.

MannyIsGod
01-21-2011, 06:51 PM

And they would sync the moment you connected it to iTunes on your computer. I can't imagine building my music library by downloading everything straight to an iPhone or iPod touch. Seems like that would take forever.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 06:53 PM
lolz lolz lolz retard laker troll lost his music :lol

MannyIsGod
01-21-2011, 06:55 PM
First thing I would do would be to reformat the iPod HDD and then just restore my shit from my hard drive. If you can't do that then you're obviously fucked but I don't get why you don't want to restore.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 06:59 PM
He is fucked, just how this man likes it:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1176/920540033_6503e69fd8.jpg

MannyIsGod
01-21-2011, 07:00 PM
I don't even want to know how you found picture.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 07:06 PM
I don't even want to know how you found picture.
By saying this, you secretly want to know:

I was going to respond to a post in another thread, instructing the poster to use one of these: [dildo image]
But instead decided not to. Before deciding this, I googled "dildo" in search of a dildo image, and there you have it.

leemajors
01-21-2011, 07:24 PM
you google dildo pix

MannyIsGod
01-21-2011, 07:25 PM
you google dildo pix

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 07:54 PM
you google dildo pix
I sure do :tu

Venti Quattro
01-22-2011, 12:13 AM
How the hell do you not have the music on your computer hard drive? If my Ipod died this moment I'd have everything in Itunes still. If my Itunes died I could easily move all my music from my iPod to a computer and restore it.

I just don't understand how you can't use the other to keep your music.

Actually it was bricked while I was on the process of updating my backup. I added some discographies and iTunes purchases and so I had to replenish my backup. Usually my practice is to delete the entirety of the previous backup before laying down the new one. It's the first time that this weird thing has happened to my iPod.

I found other software that can substitute for the iDump but they're all fuckin trial versions :cry

Venti Quattro
01-22-2011, 12:24 AM
Here is the error message:

http://i.imgur.com/kz3uQ.gif

:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

IronMexican
01-22-2011, 12:38 AM
Just restore it, nigga.

Venti Quattro
01-22-2011, 08:10 AM
After searching so hard, my iPod is on its way to recovery like the economy!

I'm going to get it fixed! The best part is I don't even have to format it! Woohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20070724011824701

MannyIsGod
01-22-2011, 11:32 AM
Itunes restore doesn't delete your files.

Venti Quattro
01-22-2011, 11:42 AM
Itunes restore doesn't delete your files.

It does delete everything. Been there done that.