PDA

View Full Version : It is written IV

Rummpd
05-30-2005, 07:34 AM
In my original prediction I had Spurs in 6 but qualified it by saying that means Spurs would probably sweep. Now tonight they will.

This Suns' mirage ends here. Arguebly they are most over-hyped media team of all time for playing "beautiful" basketball and for winning 62 games.

B.S. a more asthetic style of ball was played by the Kings with many skilled players hitting shots and making stylish passes. To me running all the time and flinging up 3 pointers does not necessarily make the most beautiful basketball - where is the balance?

However, the Kings and the Suns have a common denominator = none or little defense (although the Kings did improve some during the years) and most importantly, losing in big series. Yet, did even the Kings choke as much as the Suns did in this series, losing 2 critical leads at home?

Moreover, the media has suddenly discovered the Spurs as a sort of a story, despite the fact when the true MVP went down this year (Duncan) it shifted the Suns to the number one seed and gave false hope to a bunch of bandwagoners jumping into the valley of the Sun. All along the best team in basketball has worn the Silver and Black period but the media had its head in the clouds going back and forth between the Suns, the Heat and the Pistons (who by the way look on their way to a classic fade themselves).

Rest in peace Suns. It is written, Happy Memorial Day!

boutons
05-30-2005, 08:00 AM
"where is the balance"

There is some offensive balance between raining 3G's and Amare pounding away on the inside. The imbalance is All Offense All The Time and No Defense Never.

ObiwanGinobili
05-30-2005, 08:05 AM
"and the Pistons (who by the way look on their way to a classic fade themselves)."

I agree.. I was sorely disappointed in last nights game... I just felt like they could hae at least *tried* harder.... it seem like they just don't want it.