PDA

View Full Version : Amazed at our team this year

arakkus
01-21-2011, 04:14 PM
When I think of this year's team I am just amazed at how effective we are despite not having a single super stud athlete. Heck we don’t even have one guy getting over 20 points a game. It’s truly a team operating together with a high Basketball IQ.

Just look at Richard Jefferson as an example, Last year completely lost on offense and this year despite averaging same number of shots, same FG%, and same PPG he looks great out there because he is operating in the offense. He makes the correct pass, takes the 3 when it’s given to him, or drives when he should. He is not trying to force anything and lets the players who can score better off the dribble or against defenders (i.e. Parker, Ginobili, Hill, Neal) do what they do best.

We also have lots of guys who would be scoring much more on other teams given more playing time and playing for themselves as individuals rather than stick to the game plan of finding the open player and doing what is best for the team. Out of the starting 5 probably everyone but Blair could easily be scoring more points but defer to each other. Off the bench Hill and Neal have shown the ability to score and would score more if more time was available. What do we gain by these guys sacrificing minutes and shots: Efficiency, pure and simple. We are the number one offense in the league. When we are not focused and lose the lead in games when we buckle down and the points start flying, and it doesn’t even matter if it’s the starters or the second unit making the run. The ball just starts going through the hoop.

What I’m trying to say is:

WE SMART, WE STACKED, WE ARE A MOTHA FUKIN TEAM TO BE RECKONED WITH

WE ARE WINNING THE :lobt: THIS YEAR BITCHES

LoneStarState'sPride
01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
6/10

Ok, fine, I'll pick up the pom poms: 9.7/10 GSG! :lobt2:

clambake
01-21-2011, 04:35 PM
lol we

JustinJDW
01-21-2011, 04:55 PM
:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt2:

:flag:

DMC
01-21-2011, 07:17 PM
lol we

As in not you.

TiMMeH*faN*frOmNY
01-21-2011, 11:23 PM
I remember last year RMJ made a statement during (preseason)to the media saying that the spurs were so balanced, no one would probably average over 20 points. Instead, we struggled many times, but pulled out 50 wins. This season seems to be exactly what RMJ predicted for last year's team. Him as well as a few others being gone (and a 2nd year RJ and injury free big 3 this year) plus a change in offensive philosophy made it possible .

Stringer_Bell
01-22-2011, 12:09 AM
What I'm most impressed with is the offensive aggression they have steadily built as the seasons goes on. Individuals players might not pour it on every night, but the team in general is able to put the pedal to the metal for at least one 30 point quarter while playing crushing defense for at least one quarter...then playing smart the rest of the game. It's exciting and Spurs fans have a reason to be hopeful.

Frenchise player
01-22-2011, 12:29 AM
IA with OP, this is an incredible team to watch. The only other team that has done as well without any superstar is the Detroit Pistons from 5 years ago.

This one however relies heavily on bench players being incredible role players. Pop has a 9 men rotations with all of them knowing perfectly what they need to do every night.

This is no fluke, I hope they avoid injuries and we are not robbed at one more run for a championship.