PDA

View Full Version : Anyone listen to Jalen Rose just now before tipoff???

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Everything he fuckin said was retarded. That man is a retard.

Fuck the trend of giving ex-NBA players jobs just cus they played. That man is a retard.

Juanobili
01-21-2011, 08:08 PM
...what'd he say?

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 08:12 PM
He was saying shit along the lines of:

"look at Manu Ginobili, came a long way from coming off the bench as one of the best sixth men in the league and now starting and leading the Spurs"

And then:

"And on top of that, he's a lefty!!! Which is even more impressive because less than 10% of the league are lefties"

First comment is completely misguided with its tone and point because Manu was not coming off the bench because he's not capable of starting....and that lefty comment was just retarded and don't even need to explain.

Solid D
01-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Last week, Jalen said the Spurs don't run pick and rolls much in their offense.

ALVAREZ6
01-21-2011, 08:17 PM
lolz

Last playoffs was 50% Manu p'n'r

Solid D
01-21-2011, 08:24 PM
lolz

Last playoffs was 50% Manu p'n'r

In context, Jalen was talking about this year's team and how their offense was more diversified...which is true...but then he said they don't run pick and roll very much. That was a real laugher because they run heavy amounts of pick and roll this year, as well.

jestersmash
01-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Jalen Rose was absolutely shocked when one of his colleagues on ESPN voted Ginobili as one of the top 5 most clutch players in the league right now, even though that's been known by people who follow advanced stats for years.

He's not very well informed when it comes to small market teams.

Chachachango
01-21-2011, 08:26 PM
yep, espn has some stupid fucks as analyst. Bruce is the shit with his gay ass tie.

Martin R
01-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Everything he fuckin said was retarded. That man is a retard.

Fuck the trend of giving ex-NBA players jobs just cus they played. That man is a retard.

I guess you didn't like what he said. :lol

jestersmash
01-21-2011, 08:32 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5926209

Skip Bayless put Ginobili in his top 5 clutch players and Jalen had sort of a what the fuck look like it was the most ridiculous thing somebody could say. Funny thing is this was right before Ginobili's back to back game winners earlier this season.

armynick23
01-21-2011, 08:56 PM
That guy is a big idiot.

Spurs7794
01-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Wow...you realize Jalen Rose was lefthanded? What an insult!:rolleyes

Pelicans78
01-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I actually think Bruce Bowen does a pretty good job.

SpurAddict561
01-21-2011, 10:29 PM
I don't take any commentator without a ring all that serious.

Stringer_Bell
01-21-2011, 10:45 PM
I concur, he's an idiot. I felt bad for him cuz I think people just needed to give him a chance since he comes across being a little slow, but the amount of bullshit that comes out of his mouth when talking about the Spurs and how old they are or whatever...no ring bums shouldn't comment on Championship potential.

Cant_Be_Faded
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM

:pctoss

hater
01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Jalen Rose >>>>> John Barry

that fucker hates the Spurs and more now that Parker fucked his bro's wife.

"But Blair has no ACL so it makes sense everyone passed on him"

lefty
01-21-2011, 10:47 PM
Jalen Rose just trolling Spurstalk

And you all fell for that

jestersmash
01-21-2011, 11:16 PM

That's not an insult at all... He's just stating a fact.

SpurAddict561
01-21-2011, 11:21 PM
John Barry is the Trent Dilfer of NBA commentating

Sisk
01-21-2011, 11:21 PM

:lol

But very true

Budkin
01-22-2011, 12:02 AM
He is seriously the dumbest ex-player/commentator around. Dumb.

Cessation
01-22-2011, 12:43 AM
I agree with everything said in this thread. :toast

DesignatedT
01-22-2011, 12:44 AM
Rose and Barry combo is appalling.

Brutalis
01-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah Rose is fucking stupid. There's another dude on ESPN's NBA show that a fucking retard as well. I don't know his name but he is mixed.

angelbelow
01-22-2011, 05:25 AM
Rose and Barry combo is appalling.

Barry's not too horrible, maybe when he tries to be charismatic he is, but what he says isnt always wrong... Rose on the other hand, is a class A retard.

greyforest
01-22-2011, 06:19 AM
manu comes off the bench because then its manu vs the other team's bench

which = manu fucking ownage all over the scrubs

its how spurs have rolled for forever. starting lineup is just that, the players that start the game on the floor. being a "starter" on spurs doesn't really mean what it does elsewhere.

jsandiego
01-22-2011, 07:16 AM
John Barry is the Trent Dilfer of NBA commentating

I like Dilfer's commentary. Always informative, and he has a ring.

I can't listen to ESPN's garbage pre & halftime shows. It's all read straight off a teleprompter. It's so contrived it's awful. I do, however, enjoy Breen, Van Gundy, and even a little of Mark Jackson.

Texas_Ranger
01-22-2011, 07:25 AM
I like Dilfer's commentary. Always informative, and he has a ring.

I can't listen to ESPN's garbage pre & halftime shows. It's all read straight off a teleprompter. It's so contrived it's awful. I do, however, enjoy Breen, Van Gundy, and even a little of Mark Jackson.

Mark did say yesterday like 10 times the Spurs should have 3 All-Stars.

twincam
01-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Think about it guys.
Most of these NBA so-called "experts" never won an NBA finals. Look at Barkley, Rose, K. Smith, Legler, M. Jackson, etc. Now if my memory serves me well, they never won an NBA crown, yet they claim to know what it takes to become a champion? Come on, really?
Its just like an NBA great who retires and becomes an NBA head coach, thinking they know how to coach a bad team to become a winner and win a championship.

Does this make sense?

In short, ignore the underachieving so-called NBA TV experts and just live by the 37-6 record that is dominating the league.

YoMamaIsCallin
01-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Rose is one of those commentators who is biased against non-American players. There are several.

fmedrano1977
01-22-2011, 10:06 AM
Think about it guys.
Most of these NBA so-called "experts" never won an NBA finals. Look at Barkley, Rose, K. Smith, Legler, M. Jackson, etc. Now if my memory serves me well, they never won an NBA crown, yet they claim to know what it takes to become a champion? Come on, really?
Its just like an NBA great who retires and becomes an NBA head coach, thinking they know how to coach a bad team to become a winner and win a championship.

Does this make sense?

In short, ignore the underachieving so-called NBA TV experts and just live by the 37-6 record that is dominating the league.

Kenny Smith won 2 with the Rockets...

Avitus1
01-22-2011, 10:53 AM
I actually think Bruce Bowen does a pretty good job.

:toast

JR3
01-22-2011, 11:19 AM
I don't take any commentator without a ring all that serious.
Example: Chris Weber - Kept saying last week on TNT's broadcast that the Spurs had the second best record in the league... really? You don't even look at the standings as an analyst? I love TNT but they got it wrong with Weber. How long have the spurs had the best record this year?

JustinJDW
01-22-2011, 02:24 PM
Yeah, I don't even watch those stupid ESPN Halftime shows, but any time I may catch some of it, I notice how retarded Jalen Rose is.

I don't take any commentator without a ring all that serious.Yeah, I should start doing this. The only guy who I think really gets it that didn't win a ring is Charles Barkley, and even he has said some stupid things recently.

gospursgojas
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I actually think Mark Jackson and JVG are funny and entertaining. Its the studio guys that suck.

Vise versa for TNT...good Studio guys bad in game guys, cant stand Reggie Miller.

jestersmash
01-22-2011, 03:07 PM
You don't have to win a ring to have a general sense of what it takes to be a championship team. Textbook "tu quoque" fallacy/appeal to hypocrisy.

mingus
01-22-2011, 03:19 PM
Jalen Rose looks retarded and i'm pretty sure he is. one of the first things he said this year was "now that the Spurs aren't contenders..." he said something like that at the start of the season when SA was on ESPN. he's just retarded and he probably had to suck someone's dick to get that job.

this is the scene that i think about whenever i hear that guy speak:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0&feature=related

TDMVPDPOY
01-22-2011, 03:29 PM
haters gonna hate

tmtcsc
01-22-2011, 04:03 PM
Switch camera to retarded guy saying "Hey, that aint cool. Give us some credit. We're not that slow."

When I heard Jalen's comment about Ginobili now making it to the starting lineup I immediately thought he had no clue." He said it as if Manu was never capable of starting and finally cracked the starting lineup. WTH?

SpurAddict561
01-22-2011, 08:16 PM
Yeah, I don't even watch those stupid ESPN Halftime shows, but any time I may catch some of it, I notice how retarded Jalen Rose is.

Yeah, I should start doing this. The only guy who I think really gets it that didn't win a ring is Charles Barkley, and even he has said some stupid things recently.

Chuck said Rose is the best PG in the league. LOL