PDA

View Full Version : Roster thoughts.

Gagnrath
01-21-2011, 09:37 PM
I am really liking Owens so far seems active on defense and has good size. Lets see him in the next two games and if he's decent lets keep him for the season. Also is temple still with the bayhawks? If so lets bring him back for the rest of the year. I like having a guy with his size that we know is dependable and knows the team system. That brings the roster 2 14 we'd still be a little weak at small forward but with Jefferson Anderson Owens Manu Temple and Neal all able to play some time there reasonably we can just throw bodies at people if we need.

EricB
01-21-2011, 10:44 PM
The question is why is a guy on a 10 day contract getting more pt than a guy we drafted in the first round, waited 3 years for and gave 10 mil to???

Good size, the guy is 6-7

Tonight it was pure matchups.

Gagnrath
01-21-2011, 10:46 PM
In this game that question is easy to answer, The starting forward and starting center were having great games the little time they were out we were playing small ball or a long term vet with similar skill set. Meanwhile the starting small forward forgot to play the first half and 3rd quarter.

Spurs Brazil
01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
Owens did a good job on D tonight. In the 2nd quarter RJ was getting a lot of trouble against Gallinari and then Owens came in and did a nice job

ChuckD
01-21-2011, 10:51 PM
The question is why is a guy on a 10 day contract getting more pt than a guy we drafted in the first round, waited 3 years for and gave 10 mil to???

27 seconds, -4. Nuff said.

xmas1997
01-21-2011, 10:58 PM
Owens is doing great for not knowing the Spurs system.
I've been pleasantly surprised.
I hope we keep him beyond the ten days.

Capt Bringdown
01-21-2011, 10:59 PM
27 seconds, -4. Nuff said.
Dice 17:59, -10, looking alternatively lost in space and encased in concrete, he might as well have been wearing a Knicks uniform tonight. Not a good matchup for him, we should have given Splitter a look.

EricB
01-21-2011, 11:00 PM
If Dyess was a bad matchup Splitter whos less athletic and less quick than Dyess would've been even worse.

Pauleta14
01-21-2011, 11:36 PM

Good size, the guy is 6-7

It has less to do with BB level than being NBA (physicaly) ready...

tp2021
01-21-2011, 11:45 PM

Because one guy is with us for multiple years, and the other has 10 days to show us what he's got.

ChuckD
01-22-2011, 12:03 AM
Owens is doing great for not knowing the Spurs system.
I've been pleasantly surprised.
I hope we keep him beyond the ten days.

Well, they can sign him for another 10 days, but after that they'd have to guarantee him for the rest of the year, something I doubt happens. I think they may use the spot for auditions for next year's SL team/training camp.

sananspursfan21
01-22-2011, 12:19 AM
it's really funny how you say "lets keep him" in your thread as if you have a say so in what happens :lol

Gagnrath
01-22-2011, 01:02 AM
Roster is required to be at 13 and can have up to 14, Why not have a guy who has a bit of team and system knowledge in temple and a guy who seems to get on well with the other players and works hard as well is reasonably young in shape and able to ad lib in the rare minutes he'd get at 13th or 14th man. The sooner those spots are settled the faster they can start filling garbage time and blow outs, as well as get indoctrinated in case they are needed for whatever reason.

ElNono
01-22-2011, 01:05 AM
After watching those 27 seconds, it's evident Splitter hit the rookie wall... :stirpot:

:lol

BOHOLANO#21
01-22-2011, 01:33 AM
In this game that question is easy to answer, The starting forward and starting center were having great games the little time they were out we were playing small ball or a long term vet with similar skill set. Meanwhile the starting small forward forgot to play the first half and 3rd quarter.
Temple played better last year...I wonder where he is now. lol.

barbacoataco
01-22-2011, 02:10 AM
I don't see how Owens can come in and play well, not "knowing the system" and with little preparation. We've been told all season that Splitter can't play because he needs more time to learn the system. Is it really just that Splitter is kind of crappy? I understand that Owens is on a 10 day contract and they want to see what he has, but I'm talking about the big picture of why Splitter isn't getting at least 12-15 mpg especially since Bonner is out.

crc21209
01-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Can't complain with Owens' peformance since the guy probably doesnt really know his teammates or the plays at all yet...