PDA

View Full Version : Manu

TMTTRIO
01-21-2011, 11:44 PM
I'm not liking that he's taking all of these shots. The funny thing is he said he worked on his shot so hard this summer and had a lot more confidence in it. He must have way too much confidence in that 3 point shot. He hasn't had a really great shooting game yet and he continues to struggle. I just hope he's not wearing down already.

TiMMeH*faN*frOmNY
01-21-2011, 11:57 PM
I'm not liking that he's taking all of these shots. The funny thing is he said he worked on his shot so hard this summer and had a lot more confidence in it. He must have way too much confidence in that 3 point shot. He hasn't had a really great shooting game yet and he continues to struggle. I just hope he's not wearing down already.

dude stfu, he starts in the same back court as tony, he can have an off night here and there. He was perfect from the ft line (6-6), had 6 assist and 0 turnovers. We had 5 players score in double figures (which seems to be the norm with the spurs this season) and two of em score over 20. We are 37-6? Enjoy the ride and quit jockin son

Hoops Czar
01-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Sometimes his shot selection is crap but he needs to take those shots to keep the defense honest. It helps open up the drive to the basket.

carina_gino20
01-22-2011, 12:22 AM
Sometimes his shot selection is crap but he needs to take those shots to keep the defense honest. It helps open up the drive to the basket.

This. The interesting thing with Manu, which he mentioned during shootaround, is that he's not just ballin', he's also playing mind games.

ducks
01-22-2011, 12:25 AM

his shot selection fucking sucks
at times he is worse then jr smith

spurs1990
01-22-2011, 12:34 AM

The first part of your first sentence is spot on.

Leave it to a Cavs fan to tell it like it is on this forum.

NRHector
01-22-2011, 01:04 AM
Manu knows when to step up his game and if he is not performing well with his shooting he'll make it up with his defense or assists

ALVAREZ6
01-22-2011, 01:07 AM
cotttttt damn WTF is Manu's problem? Fuck mind games, that's bullshit.

Grown ass man stop playin fuckin mind games, I never do so. Gotta be cocky as hell going into every fucking game, because Manu is a baller and he just doesn't know it.

Cockiness works, stop bein a Puss Manu and return to tearing everyone new assholes

ElNono
01-22-2011, 01:14 AM
Manu is getting a lot of attention out there too. Lots of talk how this is Tony and Manu's team now and being the team leading scorer, you can see teams really trying to focus on stopping him.
There's hard hedges on the P&R and he has forced a few shots trying to get himself going.
The outside shot just hasn't been falling, but I didn't see him force any from there. I like the 6 dimes. He's doing a good job of drawing people and passing to the open guy.

Sean Cagney
01-22-2011, 01:51 AM

LOL I have bitched about his shot selection all year long bro, but he seems to get it done when it really counts so he gets a pass at times. I hate that stupid step back three though, I have literally seen him make maybe two all year long but most are out.

Cry Havoc
01-22-2011, 01:55 AM
No excuse for shooting 27%. None. 5-18 from Manu means we're going to get beat if we're playing against good teams.

SequSpur
01-22-2011, 01:56 AM
oh stfu already....

Solid D
01-22-2011, 02:05 AM
Manu's shot has been a bit off lately but his defensive intensity has gone up. Same for Gary Neal on his shot and his defensive intensity. Neal is still trying to learn all of the rules, like against the Knicks when he helped baseline off of his man in the corner (a no-no), but he is going all-out.

Manu is currently one of 4 rotation players for the Spurs shooting close to half, or more, of their FG attempts from behind the arc. 48% of Manu Ginobili's FG attempts are 3-point attempts. Richard Jefferson attempts 45% of his shots from behind the arc. Gary Neal shoots 56% of his from there and Matt Bonner, of course, attempts a whopping 63% of his FGA from 3-land. At this writing, their percentages from behind the arc are: Ginobili (.364), Neal (.399), Jefferson (.419) and Bonner (.504).

Granted, Ginobili, Jefferson and Neal haven't helped the Spurs as much the past few games with their shooting, but scorers go through spurts. The good thing is that their team defense has been very good...and that counts for something. Especially when there is a lid over your own basket.

crc21209
01-22-2011, 02:20 AM
As long as we're winning, I could give a shit. I will admit Manu's shot selection is a bit questionable at times, but come on...he's not going to be throwing his body left and right in January...I'm sure he is saving his next gears for the post-season.

TDMVPDPOY
01-22-2011, 02:39 AM
i dont like his shot selection, even the step back sometime he doesnt put much lift into the shot...just bad shooting....

how about when his fkn around with the defender on the perimeter then takes it back and brings it up slowly cause we know his going to throw up a 3

greyforest
01-22-2011, 02:44 AM
manu is a fucking badass, dont worry.

jestersmash
01-22-2011, 02:47 AM
Good to get the awful shooting performances out of the way against mediocre/bad teams.

Ginobili has always been streaky. I don't see why this still surprises anyone. He always shoots 55% from the field during one stretch and then 30% from the field during another. It all tends to average out to 45% or so, but he's rarely right around that mark.

You'll see Ginobili either go 7-12 (58%) or 4-14 (28%). He won't consistently go 6-13 (46%) game in and game out.

UnWantedTheory
01-22-2011, 04:59 AM
manu is a fucking badass, dont worry.

Sir Loin
01-22-2011, 05:02 AM
Manu gonna Manu just the way he plays

DAF86
01-22-2011, 05:25 AM
One game where he takes more than 15 shots and people start calling him a chucker? Dude is our top scorer without beign the top FG taker, how is he a chucker?

Em-City
01-22-2011, 05:37 AM

Yeah..

He got a bit carried away against the knicks today but in general, I'm happy that we have an instant offense player in our squad

Frenzy
01-22-2011, 09:53 AM
How dare you question manu..

cd98
01-22-2011, 12:01 PM
Dude. Ginobili is a streak shooter. He'll miss 10 in a row and then he'll make ten in a row. You gotta ride with it.

That said, he'll always get his points because he's a clutch free throw shooter that knows how to draw fouls and becomes almost unguardable once the opposing team is in the penalty.

dbestpro
01-22-2011, 12:16 PM
Duncan goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.
Parker goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.
Manu goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.

There is only one thing to deduce from this.

People like to freak.

Spurminator
01-22-2011, 01:15 PM
Manu missed a lot of open shots tonight. Very few, if any, were ill-advised, at least compared to what we're used to with him, even on a good night. For him to stop taking those would be worse for this team long term than a few games of poor shooting.

I don't see how any Spurs fan who has watched Manu for the last decade could want him to take it down a notch... You can't have the good without the bad with Manu, and I think it's been long established that Manu's good always outweighs the bad.

emanueldavidginobili
01-22-2011, 01:47 PM
How dare anyone critize manu ginobili, all these things he has done for our team over all these years and you guys complain, shake my fucking head.

ALVAREZ6
01-22-2011, 02:45 PM
lolz

Hemotivo
01-22-2011, 02:51 PM
How dare you question manu..

mingus
01-22-2011, 02:57 PM
it's somewhat worrisome. any time you see someone in a slump you worry about how long it'll last. but we're talking about Manu Ginobili here, his skill and talent level don't need to be questioned at this point in his career. shooters go into slumps, i'm confident it'll all balance out in the end and his percentages will even out. i didn't think he would keep shooting the 44% from 3 or whatever he was shooting in the first month or so of the season, and i don't think he'll keep shooting the 35% or so he has the last month or so. it'll probably go back to his career average (around 38-40%).

ajh18
01-22-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm just grateful to have a team this year where if one of our stars hits a mini-slump, we still can win games! In past years, a bad game by a star and a couple role players meant a loss. This year, it doesn't.

arles
01-22-2011, 03:06 PM
Live by the manu, die by the manu

analyzed
01-22-2011, 03:13 PM
Your talking about a guy who leads the NBA in Plus/ minus and PER, and has the highest winning % of any current NBA players, Plus is many people's pick as the MVP of the western conference a mid=season http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2011/01/19/20110119_west_report_f.nba/

Martin R
01-22-2011, 05:17 PM
I can't believe ANYONE can question Manu Ginobili.
It's like questioning Duncan!!!.......oh wait....

awktalk
01-22-2011, 05:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFU-wXsRhic

BTW, how do you embed videos?

duncan228
01-22-2011, 06:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFU-wXsRhic

BTW, how do you embed videos?

There's a written one in #7 in the FAQs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855), and a 'SpursTalk How-To' tutorial in post #2 here.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99116

KFU-wXsRhic

DMC
01-22-2011, 07:14 PM
Your analysis of Manu is about as objective as Baghdad Bob's analysis of the former Iraqi Army.

awktalk
01-22-2011, 07:30 PM
There's a written one in #7 in the FAQs (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93855), and a 'SpursTalk How-To' tutorial in post #2 here.

Awesome, thanks d228.

jemanuel
01-22-2011, 10:53 PM

what rhyme with ducks! i think you're doing voodoo on him that's why that makes Tony sucks too!

jemanuel
01-22-2011, 11:14 PM
Duncan goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.
Parker goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.
Manu goes through a stretch of poor play and people freak.

There is only one thing to deduce from this.

People like to freak.

True dat!:ihit

HarlemHeat37
01-22-2011, 11:22 PM
While it's true that Manu does have terrible shot selection at times(you can say the same thing about Duncan and Parker though, especially Tim..Manu is the worst for that though), Solid D hit it..

Ginobili's D has been very good as of late..while everybody was riding him at the beginning of the season, and rightfully so, his defense was extremely bad for most of this season..it's obviously tough for older players to consistently play great offense/great defense at the same time, there aren't many perimeter players(or overall players, actually) that can do it in today's NBA..

duncan228
01-24-2011, 01:02 AM
Just Manu's quotes, hit the link for the whole piece.

How does Manu get his groove back? (http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/23/how-does-manu-get-his-groove-back/)
Jeff McDonald

..."I’m feeling good,” Ginobili said. “As good as I’ve felt in a long time.”

...“I think even though I’m not shooting that great of a percentage, it keeps my opponent honest,” said Ginobili, the Spurs’ leading scorer at 18.6 points per game. “They know if I’ve got room, I’m going to shoot it.”

..."Sometimes, I settle for bad threes, I know,” said Ginobili, whose best season from 3-point land came in 2007-08, when he connected on 40.1 percent. “It’s been my game for a long time.”

..."I feel confident,” Ginobili said. “Everything feels good. It’s going to come back.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/01/23/how-does-manu-get-his-groove-back/

greyforest
01-24-2011, 06:19 AM
haha, lebron james has "LOYALTY" tattooed up the left side of his abdomen