PDA

View Full Version : GSP/Silva Could Happen in 2011

dbreiden83080
01-22-2011, 02:51 PM
SUPERFIGHT BETWEEN ST-PIERRE AND SILVA COULD HAPPEN IN 2011

"Fans have been calling for a superfight between UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre and UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, and it now appears the UFC may be willing to make it happen.

UFC president Dana White said that if St-Pierre and Silva win their upcoming fights they may square off against each other later this year.

"If they both win their fights, that makes all the sense in the world," White said at Friday's Q&A session leading up to UFC Fight Night 23: Fight For The Troops 2 at Fort Hood in Texas.

"If that happens, then we're probably going to do that fight," admitted White.

St-Pierre (21-2) will make his next title defence on home soil when he faces former Strikeforce champion Jake Shields at UFC 129 in Toronto.

Silva (27-4) puts his belt on the line on Super Bowl weekend at UFC 126 against number one contender Vitor Belfort.

Both St-Pierre and Silva have been dominant in their respective divisions, which has led followers of the sport to call for the two champions to meet in the octagon. The fight could help settle who is truly the world's best pound-for-pound fighter.

However, if the fight does occur it could mark the end of St-Pierre's run at welterweight.

"Georges St-Pierre would move to 185 and stay at that weight and not go back to 170," explained White."

http://www.tsn.ca/mma/story/?id=350556

CubanSucks
01-22-2011, 04:41 PM
don't tease me dana white..I..I don't think I'm ready